IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Welcoming Tiny
Zpinal
post Mar 1 2014, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 8,248

A week ago today, I had to make the painful decision of relieving my dear Minoune from her terminal CRF. After going through Anticipatory grief during her illness, her passing was hard but I knew I did the right thing. During the 3 days my greiving was intense but got shorter as I realized that I was only thinking of what I went through the last few months instead of thinking about the great 13 years she gave me.

Last Tuesday I stopped by a place called Thepetconnection, this place rescue pets, pay for their shots and neutering/castration and never put an animal to sleep, they do not just sell pets, they evaluate if you are qualified to adopt one of their pets. I wasn't sure if I was ready to adopt a new cat yet but I went over to that place, explained what i went through and asked if i could see the cats closer than just through a window, they let me in the cats room, all were overwhelmingly friendly but there he was, that beautiful cat looking at me. As I bent to grab him in my arms, he did what Minoune used to do, he got up on his back paws and then licked my nose, I knew that was Minoune telling me «this one».

2 days later I went again to inquire about his age and was astonished to learn he was only 9 months old, he is big and weight a whooping 11 pounds, that's when the idea of Tiny as a name sparked. We know that this domestic cat has some Maine Coon in him and was probably born with that gene on the strong side. I made a donation to thepetconnection and signed the adoption contract which includes a 3 days to 1 week trial period to make sure the cats and new owners adapt well and everything is fine. We are on the second day now and Tiny is a happy loving cat.

A couple of people questioned the fact that i got this pet really fast after Minoune's passing, I am actually honoring Minoune's life by saving one of her peers and giving him a second chance at life, isn't this the best gift?

So here he is! presenting Tiny! wink.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:08 PM