IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "FORBIDDEN" from posting? What to do..., New Spam Filter Added By Host - June 2012
LS Support
post Jun 25 2012, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

i've been having a few people with issues logging in or posting/replying to the forum. after a few weeks of searching for a reason why, i contacted my host today and they have added a new spam / banned word filter at the server level (which means i don't have direct control of the flagged words list).

if you receive an error when logging in or when posting that says the following, please look at your password/screen name/login name/post/reply and check to see if you have words that are potentially spammy (most of these are sexual or pharaceutical in nature, for example p*nis and pr*zac. i won't post the others here unsure.gif

CODE
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at lightning-strike.com Port 80

if anyone runs into problems, just let me know and i will try to remedy them from this new feature. sorry for the hassles, for once it isn't me smile.gif

p.s. if you post a word that winds up having miscellaneous symbols in it (like ## or ***) that means you have triggered the forum software's badwords list. this recently was fixed for c*ckatiel and c*ckerspaniel. if you see a word come up strange, let me know and i can determine if it's something we want to fix.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 29 2012, 06:37 AM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

Thank you for the update. Is there anything that can be done about getting the pharmaceutical words "unblocked"? (Probably not if it's at the server level.) One thing we users could do is take advantage of the private message feature to share these - we're not selling drugs, afterall, just trying to share things that have worked (or not) for our precious animals.

I learned about gabapentine this was and it helped my Gretta on her last day.

Thanks for all you do. You're a hero. Millions of animals will be waiting for you at the bridge - think of the party!!!!!!!!

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Jun 29 2012, 08:09 AM
Post #3

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

(Probably not if it's at the server level.)

the Rx terms are blocked at the server level. however, this site may have been exempted from the filter. best bet is to see what flies and what doesn't. you can also trick the engine like the spammers do, for example dil-aud-id or well-butrln.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 29 2012, 04:12 PM
Post #4

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

Thanks - you're a genuis!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:26 AM