Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Hiway
lytlewren
post Jun 5 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,627

Thank you so much for having this forum available. I've felt so lost and alone for the past few weeks.

My best friend has osteosarcoma. I had three dogs a year ago and now I have one who is slowly leaving me. The other two I lost earlier were 15 and 16, so it was expected although heartbreaking. Hiway is only 11 and was so very healthy. He missed his "brothers" desperately, quit eating for a while and was terrified of everything. I started bringing him to work, to the store, everywhere I went he was with me. We walked at the river several times a day and played so much fetch I thought my arm would fall off. He finally perked up and started eating and enjoying life again but seemed to have a bum shoulder. The vet said it was age or a muscle strain, so meds and rest. It didn't get better and I got scared, on our third visit back they found the tumor on his shoulder. There is no treatment option, only paliative therapy. We still go to the river every day, sometimes twice, he's a lab and water is his favorite thing except for fetch. Put the two together and he is in heaven. He isn't able to fetch on land due to the risk of pathological fractures, but he can fetch in the water which suits him just fine.

I was told we had about 3-4 months. we're about a month into it already. He still seems healthy, other than a little limp. He only eats when I sit with him, but he's been like that since his brothers passed away. I have wonderful bosses who allow me to bring him to work every day. He waits under my dest patiently for the river walk he knows will come at the end of our day.

I don't know what I'm going to do without him. Losing his brothers was so painful, losing him as well..... I don't know what I'm going to do without him. I will be so lost. I would give anything to be able to make him better, anything.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
moon_beam
post Jul 22 2013, 02:43 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, lytlewren, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and for sharing these wonderful pictures of your beloved Hiway with us. He is a handsome lad.

Just because the calendar commemorates the one year angel-versary of our beloved companion does not mean that the sadness in our hearts automatically disappears. It simply means that we have endured the very painful first year grief adjustment journey without the blessing of the sweet physical presence of our beloved companion.

It is very common for one of the family companions to take on some of the traits / behaviors of the companion who is now with the angels - - as your precious Kitten is doing. This is one of the many ways our beloved companions have of letting us know that they are still with us - - of your beloved Hiway letting you know he is still with you - - of letting you know he is still a very integral part of his earthly family.

Congratulations on your new family member Atticus Finch. It is wonderful that you and your precious Finch go to the beach and leave treats in loving memory of your beloved Hiway. I hope you and your precious Finch will have a long, happy, and healthy earthly journey together.

I hope today is treating you kindly, lytlewren, and that you, Kitten, and Finch will have a very peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Hiway's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, lytlewren, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- lytlewren   Hiway   Jun 5 2012, 12:43 PM
- - moon_beam   Hi, lytlewren, please permit me to offer you my si...   Jun 5 2012, 02:20 PM
- - lytlewren   Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. Som...   Jun 6 2012, 07:59 PM
- - moon_beam   Hi, lytlewren, thank you so much for sharing with ...   Jun 7 2012, 11:57 AM
- - lytlewren   It's been a rough couple days. I went to my n...   Jun 19 2012, 10:02 PM
- - moon_beam   Hi. lytlewren, thank you so much for sharing with ...   Jun 20 2012, 10:43 AM
- - lytlewren   Hello again, Just an update. Hiway is still in g...   Jul 10 2012, 06:32 PM
- - moon_beam   Hi. lytlewren, thank you so much for sharing with ...   Jul 11 2012, 02:02 PM
- - terribebber   Dear lytlewren I am so sorry you are having to go ...   Jul 11 2012, 03:56 PM
- - lytlewren   Thank you very much for your kind words and prayer...   Jul 14 2012, 09:40 PM
- - moon_beam   Hi, lytlewren, thank you so much for sharing with ...   Jul 15 2012, 10:32 AM
- - lytlewren   I made the call today to arrange for our vet to me...   Jul 16 2012, 07:08 PM
- - DannysMom   lytlewren, I'm so sorry that you'll be say...   Jul 16 2012, 09:35 PM
- - moon_beam   Hi, lytlewren, thank you so much for sharing with ...   Jul 17 2012, 02:00 PM
- - lytlewren   We've spent the last few days up the Hood Rive...   Jul 19 2012, 11:25 PM
- - moon_beam   Hi, lytlewren, thank you so very much for sharing ...   Jul 20 2012, 10:47 AM
- - lytlewren   My friend is gone now. We woke up early to see th...   Jul 20 2012, 02:23 PM
- - moon_beam   Hi, lytlewren, please permit me to offer you my si...   Jul 20 2012, 03:18 PM
- - lytlewren   My friends has been gone a year and a day. I thin...   Jul 21 2013, 02:40 PM
- - moon_beam   Hi, lytlewren, thank you so much for sharing with ...   Jul 22 2013, 02:43 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:20 AM