Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lancelot In The Hospital
moon_beam
post May 25 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #81

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Kel, thank you so very much for sharing with us how your precious Lancelot and you are doing, and for the WONDERFUL news that his latest oncology visit went well. Praise the Lord!! I know your heart is soaring with joy, and my heart is rejoicing with you, too.

I hope today is treating your precious Lancelot, and you and your husband kindly, my friend. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how your precious Lancelot and you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post May 26 2013, 11:30 AM
Post #82

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,464

Kel, that's really wonderful that Lancelot is doing so well. And I know this must make you so happy! smile.gif Here's hoping that his next checkup will go just as well. He is such a brave little kitty boy and he's in good hands and most of all he's got you for his wonderful mom! smile.gif

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 13 2013, 01:10 PM
Post #83

Forum Moderator

Hi, Kel, stopping by to say hello and let you know your precious Lancelot and you are in my thoughts and prayers. If my calendar is correct your precious boy had his three week oncology visit this past Monday, 6/10. I hope all went well.

I hope today is treating your precious Lancelot, and you and your husband kindly, my friend. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how your precious Lancelot and you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Pippin's Mom Kel
post Jun 19 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #84

Member No.: 7,510

Danny's Mom & moon_beam, as always, thank you for thinking of Lancelot and me. His appointment last week went just fine. His weight was down the tiniest bit, but the oncologist isn't really concerned. Lance remains active, playful, and most importantly - happy!

We're in the middle of moth-hunting season here in New England, so Lancelot has been a busy boy every evening. We were so afraid, when he was diagnosed last fall, that he wouldn't be around to hunt any more moths on summer evenings. My heart swells with joy when I see him stalking bugs now!

My husband put together a video of all of our kitties in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=KL-Nmv733m0

--------------------

When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that, in truth, you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
- Kahlil Gibran

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 19 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #85

Member No.: 6,946

Hello Kel - SO glad to hear Lancelot is continuing to do well. What a fantastic video! A very handsome group indeed smile.gif

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 20 2013, 03:17 PM
Post #86

Forum Moderator

Hi, Kel, thank you so much for sharing with us how your precious Lancelot, you, and all his housemates are doing. As Tracy has so appropriately shared with you - - they are handsome group, indeed. So glad to know that Lancelot is still doing well with his check ups. This is very good news.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jul 15 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #87

Forum Moderator

Hi, Kel, stopping by to say hello and letting you know that you and your precious Lancelot are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all is continuing to go well for him with his follow ups with his oncologist and regular veterinary care provider - - and that he continues to be in complete remission. I hope life is treating you, your precious Lancelot, and all your family kindly, Kel.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pippin's Mom Kel
post Jul 29 2013, 07:18 PM
Post #88

Moon_beam, thank you so much for continuing to think of us. Things are going incredibly well with Lancelot - so well I'm almost afraid to post about it, lest I jinx us!

Today was the start of week 38 of Lancelot's chemo. Last week, he received adriamycin, and this week and the next are weeks off. He remains in full remission, and his weight is even up a little bit more - 13.93 lbs! His blood counts and chemistry remains normal. He is so very active and playful, and he continues to eat adequately. He's a ferocious moth hunter.

I am so immensely grateful to have Lancelot with us nine months after his diagnosis of large cell lymphoma. He is continuing to handle chemo very well, with minimal side effects. We're enjoying every moment with him, especially when he comes to bed with us every night. smile.gif

Thanks again for thinking of us - I'm sorry I haven't updated much! I hope you're well, Moon_beam, and I appreciate your kindness so, so much.

--------------------

When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that, in truth, you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
- Kahlil Gibran

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jul 30 2013, 09:01 AM
Post #89

Forum Moderator

Hi, Kel, thank you sooooo very much for sharing your WONDERFUL NEWS as to how your precious Lancelot and you are doing. My heart is SOARING with yours in this blessing of Lancelot's remission. I know you and your husband are cherishing every moment with him, and I do so know the gratitude and thankfulness that fills your heart every day having him with you.

I hope todayand every day, is treating your precious Lancelot, and you and your husband kindly, my friend. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how your precious Lancelot and you are doing whenever possible.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 30 2013, 08:27 PM
Post #90

Kel, how wonderful that Lance is doing so well! I am so happy for you! smile.gif Lance is such a brave kitty boy and he has the best mom in the whole world! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pippin's Mom Kel
post Aug 18 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #91

Lancelot is continue to do very well with his chemo. Tomorrow will be the start of week 41. He had his week 40 treatment last Monday, and he remains in full remission. His weight is stable, and his blood counts are good! He's doing well enough that I even got brave enough to go away for the weekend, leaving my husband with him and the other kitties. I visited my mother & brothers, and went to a high school reunion - I was so nervous, since the last time I visited my family, Pippin was ill and died shortly thereafter. Bad memories!

I'm home now, and Lancelot seems to be doing very well. He was happy to have the treats I found for the kitties at a winery near my mom's house in NY - as were the other kitties! Lancelot is now hunting moths, and letting me get in snuggles every once in a while.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your good thoughts for my Lancelot.

--------------------

- Kahlil Gibran

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 19 2013, 03:58 PM
Post #92

Forum Moderator

Hi, Kel, thank you so very, very much for sharing with us how your precious Lancelot and you are doing. When I saw that you had posted I must confess I was a bit apprehensive as your thread was opening. I am EVER SO HAPPY to share your WONDERFUL NEWS as to how your precious Lancelot is doing.

Yes, I can very well imagine your apprehension about traveling with it bringing back very painful memories of what happened with your beloved Pippin. This is very normal, my friend - - and I am soooo very glad that THIS TIME your precious Lancelot is well and thriving.

I hope today and every day, is treating your precious Lancelot, you and your husband, and all your precious companions kindly, my friend. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how your precious Lancelot and you are doing whenever possible.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Aug 19 2013, 09:25 PM
Post #93

Kel, it is wonderful to hear that Lancelot is doing so well. I know you must be so happy for your precious kitty boy. It is so nice that he is enjoying life to the full. I can understand how nervous you were about leaving for your family visit, but I am so glad that you enjoyed it and that Lance was fine during the time you were away. I'm glad your fears were not realized. I can well understand how nervous you were about leaving. I get so nervous every time I have to take my girls to the vet, always expecting the worst. I think we just get "spooked" that way.

Enjoy every moment you have with Lance, it is a gift. Put away those fears and worries and just live in the moment with him. A good life is a well lived life. Don't let worries and fears steal away those precious, wonderful moments with your sweet kitty boy. Enjoy those snuggles with him and watching him hunt moths. This is something that you will always treasure! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pippin's Mom Kel
post Sep 9 2013, 06:44 PM
Post #94

Hi, everyone. Just another Lancelot update. He had his week 44 oncology appointment today, and the vet is happy with his exam. His weight is down a little bit, so we're watching that closely and I'm trying not to run too far too fast with my worries. He's eating like a champ, still, and extremely playful. We had to start him on lysine supplementation since his herpes is flaring, but he's well otherwise.

--------------------

- Kahlil Gibran

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 10 2013, 09:57 AM
Post #95

Forum Moderator

Hi, Kel, thank you soooooo much for sharing with us how your precious Lancelot and you are doing. It sounds like he is pretty much holding his own. Because his immune system is compromised a "flare" with another chronic health challenge can happen. The good news is that you and his medical care providers are "on top" of things which will help to keep him comfortable and happy and healthy. The fact that he still has a good appetite and has playful energy is a testimony to your diligent care. Still, I know so well from first hand experience with my companions that ANY fluctuation in your precious Lancelot's "status quo" rings "alarm bells" in the heart and mind. Just keep doing what you're doing, my friend - - which is the very best you can for your precious Lancelot.

I hope today and every day, is treating your precious Lancelot, you and your husband, and all your precious companions kindly, my friend. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how your precious Lancelot and you are doing whenever possible.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 15 2013, 10:29 AM
Post #96

Hi Kel, I've been watching this topic, but for some reason I've missed your latest post. It's good to hear that Lancelot is doing well and eating so good. I'm sorry to hear about his Herpes flareup. Mindy brought in this virus from the shelter, but I quickly got it under control with the Lysine treats. They work great! Hopefully Lance's weight loss is just a tiny bit, but I know that even a tiny bit can cause concern, especially since he's been eating so good. Let's hope that his next appointment also goes well. Please give your sweet kitty boy a little cuddle from me! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pippin's Mom Kel
post Oct 10 2013, 08:20 PM
Post #97

Just a quick update, as I've been at a leadership seminar for the past two days, and that's tiring for an introvert! Lancelot had his week 48 appointment on Monday, and it went very well. He has not lost any more weight and his exam is normal, as are his labs. He remains in remission. smile.gif He got a new drug Monday that left him a little tired on Tuesday, but he was back to himself by mid-day on Wednesday. He only has two more treatments in his protocol! The next one is October 28, and the last one is November 25. I can't believe we've made it this far... I never thought we'd make it past the first week.

Again, thank you to everyone for your support and kind thoughts for Sir Lancelot. It means the world.

--------------------

- Kahlil Gibran

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 10 2013, 09:36 PM
Post #98

Kel, I sympathize with you about the seminar as I'm an introvert myself, but this is great that they think so much of you to send you to this seminar. It's wonderful news about Lancelot, thanks for updating us! I'm glad he bounced back so quickly from adjusting to the new drug. I am so happy for you that your sweet kitty boy is doing so well and remains in remission. I'm sure it also has to do with him being loved so much and having a wonderful 'mom' (you) and good kitty friends.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 11 2013, 10:46 AM
Post #99

Forum Moderator

Hi, Kel, thank you so much for sharing with us how your precious Lancelot and you are doing. I know your heart is soaring with the EXCELLENT news that your precious boy continues to enjoy remission and that his lab results and weight are normal. My heart is soaring with you, my friend. The good news is that the treatments will be done by the holidays - - YEA!!! What a well deserved celebration this will be!!!

Thank you again so much for sharing your wonderful news with us, Kel. I hope today and every day, is treating your precious Lancelot, you and your husband, and all your precious companions kindly, my friend. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how your precious Lancelot and you are doing whenever possible.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 28 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #100

Hi Kel, how did Lancelot's treatment go today? I hope he is well. I had it marked on my calendar and was thinking of you.

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:36 AM