Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tomorrow Will Be One Year, since my baby died
magdalene
post Jun 15 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 1,778

I can't believe it has been so long. On one hand, it seems like it has been forever since I last held her. On the other hand, it seemd like just a short time ago that I said goodbye. I've been dreading the one year "anniversary." I miss her so much. I just can't believe it's been a whole year since I touched her and kissed her on the top of her head and touched the soft fur behind her ears.

Kelly

--------------------
Weep not for me,
as I sleep peacefully,
and I have known much love.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John B
post Jun 15 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,744

I know it must be so hard for you. I guess no matter how many years they are gone we will always wish we could hold them, and kiss them, and love them again.

--------------------
Sadie (named after the Beatles song "s e x y Sadie") came into my life when I rescued her from a cage in the SPCA in 1991. Then she was taken from me when she ate the tainted IAMs food in 2007. You will always be in my heart and thoughts, Sadie. There will never be another like you!

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

+Quote Post
5catsmom
post Jun 18 2007, 01:32 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,278

I had always thought that the one year anniversary would be so traumatic and I'd be unable to function. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, really) life goes on, and the same mundane things have to get done, the same chores, the same laundry, the same meals, etc. I did want to do something special for my Magic, so I donated what I could to an animal rights organization in her memory. It's such a little thing, and so easy over the internet, I didn't really feel I'd done anything at all. But if we all do what we can, for the right reasons, think of what we can accomplish. So, if no one in the world ever knows or cares that I gave a measly little donation to try to do one little thing in one little cat's name, well, it's something, anyway.

My sympathies on your loss. Do take care - Barb

+Quote Post
Lucy1Josie2
post Jun 18 2007, 09:01 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,758

What a lovely thing to do, 5catsmom! That's such a good idea!

-- Michelle

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:45 PM