358 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome Tang, New Beginnings
Tom's Dad
post Jun 25 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #81

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

Thanks moon_beam. Sorry to hear you had computer problems. Today was nice so no worries for being called in. Tomorrow could be another story. Hopefully not - even at the height of the tornado, they only paged primary and secondary, and I hear they had to take calls fom the basement training rooms because of the storm going thru downtown. (I wonder if people would be nicer if they knew the risks we take to take their calls. Doubt it) I was smart next week and signed up for Friday and Saturday (no Sunday) tertiary becuase IT rarely gets paged. My points accrued should hopefully keep me from being drafted. Today, I used the good weather/low chance of being paged to get many things done. Not the least of which was taking poor Tang back to the vet. He's been sneezing more than normal the past few days, and yellowish discharge in the eyes. The vet felt the ointment alone was not going to do it so I brought him in for a shot and they sent us home with an oral antibiotic. I hope it's just a cold and not the heart worms sad.gif

Peace and Blessings,

Tom's Dad - Tracy

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 26 2011, 09:43 AM
Post #82

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your fur tribe are doing. I'm so sorry that little Tang is having some health challenges. It could just be allergies that have taken a temporary toll on his immune system - - hence the need for some reinforcement with medication. Please et us know how he's doing.

I hope your good luck continues today without having to be called in for emergency services. I admire you and the work you do, Tracy. I have the highest respect for the emergency crews that go out in the fiercest of weather situations so that others who are unable to take care of themselves will be provided for. Power outages are inconvenient, as when the power goes off we are instantly reminded as to how dependent we have become on it. But for some the outages are more serious, dangerous, life threatening, particularly if the outages are long term and wide spread, and it is these people that need your immediate attention. I do sincerely applaude you and all the emergency responders who put aside your personal lives - - sometimes at great risk to your own lives - - to help others who are in need.

I hope your precious Theresa and little Tang are enjoying having their dad home with them today. And thank you for your condolences on my computer issues - - slowly I'm getting used to the new contraption and getting it set up so that I can use it effectively.

Tracy, thank you again for sharing with us how you and your fur family are doing. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I look forward to knowing how things are going, and how little Tang is doing on his meds.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 26 2011, 10:33 AM
Post #83

moon_beam, thanks for your kind words. To be honest I only took this job becuase I needed the steadier work and money over that fiasco I was forced to take after losing my "good job" last April. I swore I'd never do call center work again, and yet here I am (sigh) While it's pain to listen to people complain about the power being out either by nature or design (didn't pay their bill, and felt it incumbent upon US rather than THEM to make any kind of arrangement) It does feel good to know I may have saved a life in properly reporting a gas leak or downed line. Or to know that I gave them breathing room when I give them an extra day or so than I am supposed to to pay their bill (but am at liberty to if need be even though that's more check work down the line for me) Tang was not thrilled about taklig the yucky pink medicine, but was a trooper none the less; has not sneezed today. Theresa is a TAZ when it comes to that stuff, and I usually end up wearing as much as I get in her. PEace and Blessings...

Tom's Dad Tracy

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 26 2011, 12:27 PM
Post #84

Member No.: 7,071

Hi Tracy....I do hope we have better weather today, at least it's cooler. I'm so sorry about Tang's little eyes. I hope the antibiotics takes care of it. I'm sure your furbabies are enjoying you being home this weekend. Like moon_beam said, I also admire the work you and the emergency crews do. I remember the horrible ice storm we had a few years ago and they got things up and running as soon as possible here.......Enjoy your day and evening with Tang and Theresa....

Moon_Beam....I really missed you and was hopeing you and Noah were okay. I've been having old computer problems for 2 days, mostly from AOL software.

God Bless..
LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 26 2011, 09:01 PM
Post #85

Thanks LoveMyMickey- 10:00 PM and no pages at all. I feel at least I had my weekend with the kittles. The 15 hours of OT last week as well as the average 3-5 per week going forward is going a long way toward getting back on my feet after the lousy year I had in 2010. Theresa is napping in the coffee table cubby where Tom used to like so much and Tang is on the back of the chair petting my head with his tail like Tom did - it's lmost like I have all 3 of them here. Peace, blessings, and tail huigs

Tom's Dad Tracy

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 27 2011, 09:46 AM
Post #86

Hi Tracy.....Thank you for sharing your adventures with Tang and Theresa. Yes, it would seem like you have Tom there too...maybe he is....

I know you enjoyed your weekend with your furbabies, although I know the OT helped last weekend....Lots of rain here today, hopefully no storms.......Take care and enjoy your evening with your furbabies........God Bless you all..

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 27 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #87

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your fur family are doing. Yeah, I do understand what you're saying about the job bit. The good news is that you are finding some financial solvency again - - hopefully - - and that goes a long way to providing stability in other areas of our lives.

Sounds like your precious Theresa and your little sprite Tang are enjoying their life together and finding a "peace" in sharing you as their dad. I'm so very glad the med is helping little Tang with his sneezes. It's great that you took him to the vet early on because upper respiratory issues can become a problem quickly.

Tracy, thank you again so much for sharing your precious furkids with us. It is always a pleasure sharing your news. Please know you and your fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how life is treating each of you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 27 2011, 07:50 PM
Post #88

Always happy to oblige with updates on the kittles. They are doing well this evening. Today felt a little different. I found myself on the verge of tears every time I looked at Tom's picture on my desk at work. It's not even an aniverssary or anything like that. I keep getting this vision, that with Theresa and I learning to cope, and Tang being "guided" our way and starting to meld into our new normal, Tom is saying "My work here is done" That he's ready to truly say goodbye and move on to the next stage of his journey and I won't "feel" him anymore. Not that I want to deny him his much deserved final reward, but I am devestated at the loss of his spirit in my everyday life. Almost as devastaed as the day he left this physical world. It feels like the end of Ghost when Patrick Swayze had to finally be on his way and say goodbye sad.gif

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 28 2011, 01:02 PM
Post #89

Hi Tracy.....I understand exactly what you mean, but Tom's Sweet Living Spirit and love will never leave you because it is in your heart to stay. We get caught up in our work and everyday routine that briefly causes us to have less pain, but then something will remind us like your pic of Tom did. Then we are brought to tears again....................(I think Moon_Beam can explain it better than I can.)

I went grocery shopping this morning and of course had that on my mind until I passed the Pupperoni, Mickey's favorite treat. I briefly touched a bag and told Mickey I love him. I had to fight back the tears.

Have a good evening my friend, and remember Tom loves you and wants you to be happy...God Bless you and your sweet furbabies..

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 28 2011, 02:47 PM
Post #90

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your fur famliy are doing. I'm sorry yesterday was a challenge. Tracy, I promise you Sir Thomas' sweet Living Spirit is forever with you. You will ALWAYS be connected to him for the love bond we share with our beloved companions is ETERNAL. LoveMyMickey has said it very well - - even though we continue on with our earthly journey tending to the "immediate" things before us - - job, home, etc., - - as our precious beloved angels want us to do - - our beloved companions are always a heartbeat close to us. I guarantee you, Tracy, that your precious Sir Thomas is always close to you continuing to share your earthly journey just as he always has and always will.

So, please try to find some peace in your heart about not always "feeling" Sir Thomas' presence with you. I promise you with all my heart that your precious Sir Thomas is forever with you in your heart and your memories. Nothing and no one can ever take this away from you, Tracy - - regardless of how much time may pass - - your precious Sir Thomas will ALWAYS and FOREVER be close to you.

I hope today is being kind to you, Tracy, and that your precious Theresa and little sprite Tang are doing well. I know it's just Tuesday but I hope you can look forward to a well-deserved "time off" weekend coming up - - especially since it will be a long holiday weekend.

Tracy, please know you and your fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, and I look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 28 2011, 08:10 PM
Post #91

Thanks moon_beam, LoveMyMickey ~

It didn't help in that I made the Ghost &%^ogy, that as I finished posting, my digital cable radio was playing the instrumental version of Unchained Melody. Last night I had a dream right out of the movie. Tom appeared to me looking, well, ghostly. He told me he'd always love me but that he'd come to say goodbye. Then he started to fade like star dust into a bright light. My over active imagination, or a sign from Tom. I just don't know....(sigh)

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Jun 28 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #92

Member No.: 7,103

Hey Tom's Dad, I've been following your Tang story with joy in my heart - I lost my Mischief cat 6 wks ago, I really don't know if I did the right thing but I welcomed a new furry son on the weekend, I sensed Mischief so strongly in the days before Purszi arrived and think she has been guiding him in the short time he has been with me, your post yesterday about Tom moving on when you guys were settled was just what i had been wondering, I asked her to stay with me til I could cope and then to help Purszi - like you I know it's not fair to keep her with me but I just want her to stay a little longer...hope you and the furkids are having fun!

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 28 2011, 09:53 PM
Post #93

Thank you Leejaye. I also followed your posts about Mischief and meant to comment earlier, but wasn't sure I could offer anything of value. I am sorry about your loss of course. Yes, I think our fur kids have lead new ones into our lives that needed it. Tang has many of Tom's traits, and yet is still uniquely Tang. And of course, I am trying to make sure Theresa does not get lost in the shuffle and feel left our as well. I know Tom (and Mischief) must move on to the next leg of their journey at some point, but it's so very hard to let go. I guess that's why I'm glad for all the people here on LS.....

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Jun 28 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #94

Member No.: 7,103

Thanks Tom's Dad, It is so hard to let go isn't it, I hope Mischief knows I'm not quite ready yet, I love little Purszi a bit more everyday (and he is nothing like Missy so far, apart from afew of her favourite tricks she must have whispered in his ear) but i miss my girl. I hope Theresa is finding her new place in your world and that's Tang's Tom-likeness comforts you both.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 29 2011, 05:33 PM
Post #95

Hi Tracy....I hope you and furbabies had a good day......This is my opinion about your dream of Tom's spirit leaving you. I believe scenes from the movie GHOST were embedded in your mind and also the fear of losing Tom's spirit caused you to have that dream........Like I mentioned before, I believe our soul-mates' Sweet Living Spirit and Love never leave us. Always talk to Tom and I think you will feel that he is still there.......Again, just my opinion.

Tracy, I hope you, Theresa, and Tang have a good and playful evening and I'm sure Tom will be smiling......God Bless...

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 29 2011, 08:12 PM
Post #96

It's only the fact I was having this feeling I thought of the movie at all (I could have just as easily said the Heavenly Kid) I do hope it's just all in my mind and just anxiety. Anyway, thanks for the thoughts LoveMyMickey. I hope you're right. Time to settle in with the kittles....

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 30 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #97

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, stopping by to say hello and to get caught up on your news. I so agree with LoveMyMickey - - love is eternal. Therefore, your precious Sir Thomas' sweet Living Spirit is forever with you. He may not always be forefront in your thoughts, but I guarantee you, Tracy that he is forever close to you - - he is always a heartbeat close to you. I hope in time you will come to feel confident in this, too.

Hope life is treating you, your precious Theresa, and your little sprite Tang kindly today. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, Tracy, and look forward to knowing how you and your fur family are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 30 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #98

Hi Tracy......I hope you and furbabies had a good day and I hope you can feel little Tom's Spirit close to you. I can understand how that dream would be very upsetting, but like you said it might just have been anxiety.

I feel Mickey's Spirit in the late afternoon and evening when I am in the kitchen/dining room combo. When I talk to him I get goose bumps. It doesn't happen any other time of the day or night so far. I can see his litttle gravesite out the kitchen window and patio doors. We always had some good times in the kitchen with me cooking his favorite foods, giving him treats, and brushing him at night before we went to bed. He always enjoyed laying and looking out the patio door.

Tracy I hope you, Tang, and Theresa can get some relaxing balcony time if the furbabies aren't afraid of the firecracker noise. We have been heaing it here for several nights.....God Bless you all...

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
elphiecat
post Jun 30 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #99

Member No.: 7,170

Hi Tracy,

I'm new here and have been reading through this thread, and just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story. Like Gretta's Mom said, it is a great source of hope that a new love may come along, and that Elphie's tiny paws will guide me when the time comes.

I hope you, Theresa, and Tang have some wonderful family time together this weekend.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 30 2011, 07:49 PM
Post #100

Thank you all for the encouragement. I guess in getting Tang settled, and making sure Theresa doesn't feel left out in the "new baby" syndrome, I have really been focused. Now that it's starting to come together, I guess I realized I had some anxiety left over about Tom. I just need to have faith his loving spirit will be around as long I need. On a good note, the vet's office called to check on Tang, and I was happy to report I don't think I would need to bring him in as his eyes and ears have never looked better, and he has not sneezed in days.

Peace and Blessings to all

Tom's Dad, Tracy.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.