Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> My Pug Is Missing, I don't know how to cope
pughug2010
post Aug 31 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,705

I'm new here and can't believe how hard it is to find a forum for people who have missing pets, not pets that have passed. I had a Doberman, he was my baby, he was 8 years old and I woke up one morning to find him dead of a heart attack. That was two weeks before I found out I was pregnant. Well, my son is three and a half now and all I had left was my cat of 16 years and Pug (Chloe, we call her Chloe Bea), she is now 8 years old and disappeared Saturday night. August 28, 2010. She got out the gate while I stood and talked to the neighbors, I looked right at her and said "come here" and she just stared at me. So I turned my back because she has never in 8 years left my side or strayed. She too timid and afraid to go very far. Well, about 20 minutes later I just happened to look around to make sure she was okay and she was no where to be found. Me and the neighbors began to walk the very urban neighborhood for four hours, nothing. I was sick. I drove around some more then went to sleep for a couple hours then walked the neighborhood for 12 hours the next day. I have posted on craigslist lost and found and Pet FBI, went to the animal shelter today, posted signs with my number and her photo throughout my neighborhood and at all surrounding bus stops, talked to as well as gave my number and her photo to about 20-30 people in my neighborhood, gave her photo and my number to the police that patrol the area and I have walked the streets and alleys as well as drove the streets and alleys for two days now. I stand at my front gate late at night yelling for her since it's quiet at night hoping she'll be able to hear me. I think everyone within a quarter mile radius by now knows her name and that there is a pug missing. I even put her photo and a missing flyer on my mailbox for the mail person to see since he/she canvases the neighborhood. Nothing. I keep going to my door hoping she'll be there. I think about her and it feels like a gut punch night and day. I want to burst into tears at work but I can't. As soon as I got in my car from work today I started bawling and cried all the way to my son's daycare. He's 3 1/2 and just thinks she's coming back. I don't think she is. Both of my dogs left me at 8 years old. But I can't bear not knowing if my Chloe is scared, hungry, thirsty, being treated properly...I don't know how to do this.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:25 PM