> My Heart Is Breaking
my lovley sammy
post May 27 2011, 02:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,126

Hi everyone.
I am in england so I hope you wont mind me telling you my story
Yesterday I had my 10 year old beautiful collie/spaniel dog Sammy put to sleep. He came into my life 6 years ago when I was at my lowest ebb and saved me from doing something really stupid. My 18 dog had died at christmas, my husband left me out of the blue in the january and my 14 year old cavalier died in the may. The day after my cavalier passed away I seriously thought about killing myself. At 5am i was sat there when i felt as if i was surrounded by angels and pure love. They told me not be silly and something better was round the corner. The next day I dragged myself into work which was the last thing i felt like doing and at 10am i received a phone call from the local dog charity to say they had sammy in. I knew immediately that he was the dog that had been sent into my life for a reason. I loved my sammy with all my heart. He went everywhere with me. If I couldnt take sammy then i didnt go,. He came to work with me every day. My customers loved him and the children played with him . He was the most gentlist, well behaved, trustworthy dog i had ever known. I used to look into his arms when i was cuddling him and i felt pure unadultarated love for him. We had six wonderful years together and then 2 months ago he was poorly so i took him to my vet and he was diagnosed with diabetes. I worked with the vet and got him stablised with insulin and although he had lost a little weight he was gradually eating special food again. I used to look at him and think this is not the same dog , He had lost weight and he wasnt his usual playful self. The vet said i was doing a good job with him and we carried on.
On monday of this week i noticed he was very lethargic and was having trouble walking almost like he was drunk. He had diarrea and stopped eating. I rang the vet who unfortuanly was off sick and they said they would contact me after they had spoke to him..........i was told not to give sammy any insulin and to make sure he ate. The next day i came downstairs and all the food i gave him and been brought up. I put him in the car and took him to the vets and they said to give him his insulin and make sure he eats !!. I got back in my car and drove him to a larger vet practise up the road. He was admitted with a temp of 104 . They spent the day doing tests and discovered he had pancriatitis . They put him on a drip and yesterday they told me they did an ultrasound test and there was something wrong with his liver. They offered to do an op to see what was going on but the vet felt that he wouldnt pull through the op.
I held him in my arms telling him how much i loved him and thanked him for everything he had done for me and cried and cried and cried.
I havent stop crying since. I am so angry, guilty, sad, emotional and a mess. I hate being at home because everywhere i look i see him. I hated being at work today because again all i see is him. I am in so much pain that i am frightened that i will be like i was 6 years ago . I wasnt ready to let him go but i knew he was ready . He looked so ill those last few minutes . I feel as if i had let him down.
I am sorry to ramble on but i wanted you to know my story.
I didnt shed this many tears when my parents died . I am all alone again with no one. I have no family as sammy was my family.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
janika
post May 27 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,120

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Sammy. Please know that you and your Angel Sammy are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs Jan and my Angels and Pixie xx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 27 2011, 04:09 PM
Post #3

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, my lovely sammy, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the loss of your beloved Sammy. Losing a beloved companion is never easy regardless of the circumstances or how long we have been blessed with the privilege of their company. Euthanasia is the last gift of love we can give to our companions - - at great sacrifice to ourselves - - so that they can once again be restored to their former youthfulness in the presence of the angels.

My lovely sammy, this grief journey is a very painful one - - both emotionally and physically. Please let me reassure you that what you are feeling is perfectly normal. This deep grief is one of feeling like our lives have ended, like the purpose of our very being has ended. Our lives are changed for the better when our beloved companions come into our hearts and home, and they are changed again when they precede us to the angels. Only this time we are blessed with their gift of their sweet Living Spirit in our hearts and memories. The love bond we share with our beloved companions is eternal - - it is not restricted to the physical laws of time and space - - and nothing and no one can ever take this away from us. But for us to be able to embrace this beautiful gift in our hearts without the physical presence our beloved companions we must first endure the painful journey of grieving their physical absence - - and this is both emotionally and physically painful.

My lovely sammy, one of the many important things for you to remember is that you are NEVER alone - - not anymore. Each of us are here for you, with you, and beside you with every step you take in your grief adjustment journey. It doesn't matter where you are located on this planet, my lovely sammy, - - you are among friends here who truly do understand what you are going through and what you are feeling, and we are here for you for as long and as often as you need us.

My lovely sammy, I, too, am the only human in my household, so I can truly understand how lonely and broken you are feeling without your precious Sammy's physical presence with you to comfort and cheer you. Our beloved companions give to us their unconditional love and undivided attention, and we in turn surrender ourselves completely to them without reservation. They literally become the center of our universe, and our lives are deeply enriched by their loyalty and devotion. When they precede us to the angels, they do take a part of us with them - - a part of us that belongs only to them - - so that they can have a part of us with them to hold onto and to cherish until it is our appropriate time to join them in eternal joy. It is up to us to continue our earthly journey in a way that will honor the love they shared with us during their earthly journey and the love they continue to share with us in our hearts and memories. In the beginning our hearts feel like it is shackled in irons - - imprisoned in the deepest sorrow that we will ever know on this side of eternity. Each day is a constant reminder that our beloved companions are no longer physically with us - - and the deep seering pain in our hearts long to see and hold our beloved companions just one more minute, one more hour, one more day, one more lifetime. Our earthly journey with our beloved companions is NEVER long enough, and this is a very difficult and painful adjustment not having their sweet physical presence with us - - both emotionally and physically.

But I promise you, my lovely sammy, that you will get through your deep grief. As each day is a constant reminder now that your precious Sammy is no logner physically present, it is also a constant reminder that your precious Sammy is FOREVER with you in your heart and your memories. It is a constant reminder that he is forever a heartbeat close to you - - he is still sharing your life just as he always has and always will. And I promise you, my lovely sammy, that one day you will come to understand this, and your heart will be filled with happiness again - - the kind of happiness that no one and nothing can ever take away from you. Your heart will be filled once again with the essence of your precious Sammy who is forever grateful to you for your unselfish love and devotion to him, and you will once again be able to smile when you think of him.

I know what it is like to be filled with the ache of a totally shattered heart and not be able to see the promise of anything good happening again. But take a look at what you shared with us: "He came into my life 6 years ago when I was at my lowest ebb and saved me from doing something really stupid." If you had ended your life 6 years ago then you would not have received the call "from the local dog charity to say they had sammy in." You would have missed knowing this precious soul who brought such joy into your life. And now you are faced with the same challenge. I assure you, my lovely Sammy, you are NOT alone. Your precious Sammy is watching over you from heaven's perfect garden, and I assure you - - we are here for you as well. Your precious Sammy wants you to give yourself time to heal from this terrible feeling of grief so that one day - - when you least expect - - he can send something or someone "round the corner" just for you. But you have to hold on tight, my lovely sammy - - hold on tight to your precious Sammy's sweet Living Spirit and to us to help you through your grief.

My lovely sammy, I know right know there are no adequate words in any language that can come close to comforting your shattered heart. But please know you do have my sincerest friendship, and each of us are here for you - - ALWAYS.

Thank you so much for sharing your precious Sammy with us. Perhaps sometime you will feel up to sharing a picture of him with us, if you would like to do so. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, my lovely Sammy, and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 27 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,067

Hello lovely Sammy's mother,

I am SO sorry about the passing of your precious Sammy. No one can express in words the sadness, the grief, the hopelessness that you are now feeling. I lost my Gretta, the most beautiful chocolate lab that ever lived - and the kindest - on April 10. Like you, I am a solo. And like you, Gretta and I went everywhere together. She was a rescue dog - picked up as a stray and due to be put down on a day when a wonderful woman from a rescue organization saw her when she went there to rescue another dog - and just couldn't leave Gretta behind. She was starving and had had many many litters of puppies and was tired. The rescue mom and a wonderful vet mursed he back to health and I met her quite by accident (it's never an accident) at the first adoption event I'd ever gone to. After a move, one of my new neighbors asked me if I'd like to help out at the adoption event and on a whim (it's never a whim either) I said yes. Beautiful Gretta, 9 years old at the time, came and pawed me gently as if to say, 'Here I am' and laid her gentle, grey face in my lap, clearly saying 'take me home .... please?". My heart was captured - like yours was when you first laid eyes on your Sammy.

I've come to realize that when that happens, these are no ordinary 'pets.' They are our one-and-only spirit-animals who have sought us out and found us - their one special soul-mate out of all the billions of people on earth. Almost everybody loves their 'pets' but I think it's rare that a person and his or her soul-animal come together. This is a giant, giant gift. We are specially blessed. You and your Sammy; me and my Gretta. And what is just as remarkable (and not a random process) is how we who have received this gift and now are temporarily separated from the physical presence of our other half have found each other on this oone particular web site - again out of billions of sites, including many very good pet loss support sites. We're a family here. Welcome, Sammy's mother.

Each and every one of us has experience the shocking grief that you are going through now. I think I'm not the only one who cries every time I post. On the dreadful day, I ran on adrenaline - it was an emergency so I went into emergency mode - crystal clear, focused thinking yet in complete agony. Sort of like Emergency doctors must feel when a patient is crashing. Steely agony. tears, yes. But mostly shock. And then it hits you - the gunshot to the heart. You become one of the walking dead (figuratively). You continue to get shot every time a 'first' happens. Gretta was my first dog as an adult so although I had seen other people go through it, I had absolutely no idea how much of a body blow each first was - starting with the first time I opened the door of my flat and didn't see Gretta's face at the door. I can only speak for myself but I was paralyzed for a while - not literally, but determined to leave everything exactly as it was - all Gretta's toys, her super-supportive dog bed, her water and food bowl set, the toys she never played with (I mean she was already an oldster when she came to live with me). What I missed most was not having anyone to hug. So I took two of her snowsuits (which she hated) and velcroed them together to make a pillow. I hugged and slept on that pillow for weeks. After a few days I was so wounded that to be closer to her, I started sleeping on the dog bed (it was a big, therapeutic one so I almost fit). After a week or so of loooking around for the blood which I knew mst be gushing out of my shredded heart, I went into zombie-hood. Going through the motions like an automaton. Like you, if I hadn't found this site I don't know what I would have done.

Sammy's mother, we're here for you - any time, in any way. Nothing is too 'crazy' to share if you need to. (You can believe that I haven't told anyone but my Lightning Strike friends about sleeping on the dog bed!). It's my belief that the souls of animals and those of people are interchangeable. And that, like love, they last forever. What hurts is that the physical life span of our spirit-animals is so much shorter than our own. And that having to release them from their pain is one of THE hardest and most courageous and most loving things we'll EVER have to step up and do. We knowingly put ourselves into the worst possible pain out of love for them - so that they will not suffer. I believe they go before us into a Perfect World - where they are well and warm and fed and happy and have the company of many many others. Their job as our masters and teachers and guardians continues. They watch over us. Sometimes they give us signs that they are still in existence. They send us things that seem to just 'cross our path' but which are really our spirit-half guiding us and conforting us - and in some very unexpected ways. The same way they recognized us instantly and we them, they continue to take care of us even though we can't see, hear or touch them - and that HURTS!

After some time the desperate shot-in-the-heart feeling morphs into a huge concrete block on your heart. One of the others on this site who has helped so many many of us, MoonBeam, says that the hole in our hearts will never go away completely because our soul-mate took a part of it with them when they disappeared - and left a part of THEIR heart with us.

Sammy's mother - we care. We are a family, sorrowing though highly blessed by having the privilege of a soul-completing relationship with our beloved animal. Individually we're like small twigs that break easily, but together, supporting each other, we're strong enough to survive this horrible downside of having loved and been loved. Please stay with us, Sammy's mother. I know Sammy is up somewhere in the Perfect World with my Gretta and my sister's many C-O-C-K_er spaniels bragging about you and trading stories about all the goofy things humans do. And, for sure, Sammy will be waiting for you when you make it through - tail wagging like crazy.

Here's a hug after this far-too-long message.

Sleep tight (but where you are it's already tomorrow - so have a few moments of peace today).

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
my lovley sammy
post May 28 2011, 04:08 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Gretta's Mom @ May 27 2011, 09:18 PM) *
Hello lovely Sammy's mother,

I am SO sorry about the passing of your precious Sammy. No one can express in words the sadness, the grief, the hopelessness that you are now feeling. I lost my Gretta, the most beautiful chocolate lab that ever lived - and the kindest - on April 10. Like you, I am a solo. And like you, Gretta and I went everywhere together. She was a rescue dog - picked up as a stray and due to be put down on a day when a wonderful woman from a rescue organization saw her when she went there to rescue another dog - and just couldn't leave Gretta behind. She was starving and had had many many litters of puppies and was tired. The rescue mom and a wonderful vet mursed he back to health and I met her quite by accident (it's never an accident) at the first adoption event I'd ever gone to. After a move, one of my new neighbors asked me if I'd like to help out at the adoption event and on a whim (it's never a whim either) I said yes. Beautiful Gretta, 9 years old at the time, came and pawed me gently as if to say, 'Here I am' and laid her gentle, grey face in my lap, clearly saying 'take me home .... please?". My heart was captured - like yours was when you first laid eyes on your Sammy.

I've come to realize that when that happens, these are no ordinary 'pets.' They are our one-and-only spirit-animals who have sought us out and found us - their one special soul-mate out of all the billions of people on earth. Almost everybody loves their 'pets' but I think it's rare that a person and his or her soul-animal come together. This is a giant, giant gift. We are specially blessed. You and your Sammy; me and my Gretta. And what is just as remarkable (and not a random process) is how we who have received this gift and now are temporarily separated from the physical presence of our other half have found each other on this oone particular web site - again out of billions of sites, including many very good pet loss support sites. We're a family here. Welcome, Sammy's mother.

Each and every one of us has experience the shocking grief that you are going through now. I think I'm not the only one who cries every time I post. On the dreadful day, I ran on adrenaline - it was an emergency so I went into emergency mode - crystal clear, focused thinking yet in complete agony. Sort of like Emergency doctors must feel when a patient is crashing. Steely agony. tears, yes. But mostly shock. And then it hits you - the gunshot to the heart. You become one of the walking dead (figuratively). You continue to get shot every time a 'first' happens. Gretta was my first dog as an adult so although I had seen other people go through it, I had absolutely no idea how much of a body blow each first was - starting with the first time I opened the door of my flat and didn't see Gretta's face at the door. I can only speak for myself but I was paralyzed for a while - not literally, but determined to leave everything exactly as it was - all Gretta's toys, her super-supportive dog bed, her water and food bowl set, the toys she never played with (I mean she was already an oldster when she came to live with me). What I missed most was not having anyone to hug. So I took two of her snowsuits (which she hated) and velcroed them together to make a pillow. I hugged and slept on that pillow for weeks. After a few days I was so wounded that to be closer to her, I started sleeping on the dog bed (it was a big, therapeutic one so I almost fit). After a week or so of loooking around for the blood which I knew mst be gushing out of my shredded heart, I went into zombie-hood. Going through the motions like an automaton. Like you, if I hadn't found this site I don't know what I would have done.

Sammy's mother, we're here for you - any time, in any way. Nothing is too 'crazy' to share if you need to. (You can believe that I haven't told anyone but my Lightning Strike friends about sleeping on the dog bed!). It's my belief that the souls of animals and those of people are interchangeable. And that, like love, they last forever. What hurts is that the physical life span of our spirit-animals is so much shorter than our own. And that having to release them from their pain is one of THE hardest and most courageous and most loving things we'll EVER have to step up and do. We knowingly put ourselves into the worst possible pain out of love for them - so that they will not suffer. I believe they go before us into a Perfect World - where they are well and warm and fed and happy and have the company of many many others. Their job as our masters and teachers and guardians continues. They watch over us. Sometimes they give us signs that they are still in existence. They send us things that seem to just 'cross our path' but which are really our spirit-half guiding us and conforting us - and in some very unexpected ways. The same way they recognized us instantly and we them, they continue to take care of us even though we can't see, hear or touch them - and that HURTS!

After some time the desperate shot-in-the-heart feeling morphs into a huge concrete block on your heart. One of the others on this site who has helped so many many of us, MoonBeam, says that the hole in our hearts will never go away completely because our soul-mate took a part of it with them when they disappeared - and left a part of THEIR heart with us.

Sammy's mother - we care. We are a family, sorrowing though highly blessed by having the privilege of a soul-completing relationship with our beloved animal. Individually we're like small twigs that break easily, but together, supporting each other, we're strong enough to survive this horrible downside of having loved and been loved. Please stay with us, Sammy's mother. I know Sammy is up somewhere in the Perfect World with my Gretta and my sister's many C-O-C-K_er spaniels bragging about you and trading stories about all the goofy things humans do. And, for sure, Sammy will be waiting for you when you make it through - tail wagging like crazy.

Here's a hug after this far-too-long message.

Sleep tight (but where you are it's already tomorrow - so have a few moments of peace today).

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
my lovley sammy
post May 28 2011, 04:18 AM
Post #6

Thank you so much janika, moonbeam and gretta's mum. I cannot begin to tell you how much i appreciate your replies, I keep reading them through my tears and thank the lord that i have found this site. The stories that i have read on this site breaks my heart even more but it is comforting to know there are people out there that understand what i am going through.
I havent slept for two nights and havent eaten since tuesday . I know i should and i am punishing myself and sammy wouldnt want this but i keep asking WHY? Why couldnt the vets save him, why couldnt sammy have put a fight, why does god need sammy more than me ??????? When i am sad and worried about other things i always go to the local church and pray. This time my faith has been sorely tested. I totally agree about sammy being my soul mate. He was sent to me for a reason and at a time when i needed him. My problem is that I am not fully healed from all the heartache from 6 years ago before he came into my life and i wasnt ready for him to go. I need him for selfish reasons which is not a good thing ..i know this .
Years ago before i had sammy i used to volunteer for a local dog charity and for the last year i have kept in contact with the person who runs it. She knows what i am going through, Last night i went to her house to drop off all sammys food and she showed me a little beagle girl who was looking for a home. She said she would be perfect for me but even though she is a pretty little girl i felt absolutely nothing for her. All i want is my sammy back. I know that i will never replace sammy but he was soooooo perfect for me that i feel i will never find another dog.
cant type anymore sorry

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 28 2011, 06:52 AM
Post #7

Good morning Sammy's mother

You are asking the one question that cannot be answered. And one that will drive your mind and heart to distraction. It's question of deep depair - and no wonder - half of you has disappeared, even if only temporarily. And temporary doesn't mean anything at this point. All you feel is longing - for one more minute,one more hug, one more look, one more anything. Your head tells you that it isn't going to be (and really, like moonbeam says, NO amount of time would be enough - the pain would just start all over again) but your heart doesn't hear a thing. I called my first post "Where is my Mr Waggy Tail?" and you surely know what's behind that question. Your heart is your guide - even though it causes some mighty serious pain sometimes. It guided you the first time you laid eyes on Sammy. It guided you again when, with the best of intentions, the rescue person showed you the beagle. She is SOMEBODY'S dog, just maybe not yours. My sister, who has had many dogs (Gretta was my first) says "you'll know." And you will. Just not right now.

Your only job during this shot-in-the-heart time is to do exactly what you're doing: breathing. I'm serious. One breath after another - and isn't it a good thing our physical hearts beat on their own! Sometime you hear "a day at a day" - I don't THINK so! In this deep, shocking grief, it truly is one breath at a time. And tears! If all the tears just our Lightning Strike family has shed over the disappearance of their spirit-animals, there would be no Sahara Desert. Being a solo is especially hard because the emptiness is your only focus. Everywhere you look is where Sammy or Gretta is NOT. That's the reason I slept on the dog bed. Being a solo does have advantages, though. Can you imagine what a spouse or child would have said about that!

You're a brave lady with a GREAT heart - I can tell that from where you went first (after church): a rescue organization. That was Sammy speaking to your wonderful heart and moving your feet to that place. Just moving toward what you know can be a comfort is a sign that there is a well spirit inside you. And at times like this, faith is a mighy powerful thing, too, even if you're just sitting, weeping, with your head in your hands crying out "why?". In proportion as you loved and were loved by your soulmate Sammy, you are hurting now. No words can express it or provide comfort. Just know that we are here with you and for you.

Faith provides one mighty comfort, though - the belief in the continuance of life. That's my belief, too, and that of most of the others here. How could life NOT continue? How could this amazing experience of love and care and understanding and teaching and learning just stop? Your soul and Sammy's soul have been here forever - and will be forever. You connected on a physical level and that is a huge gift. Now you - and me - and the others here - are being challenged by our better halves. They love us enough to do what a mother bird does that seems so cruel to us half-minded humans: we're being pushed out of the nest. Not permanently - just moved to a different level of connection. It takes being pushed so baby birds can learn, will learn, to fly. I'm sure they're not at all excited about it, though, no? Animals, especially our soul-animals, are FAR smarter than humans are (thank goodness). THEY know when we're ready even when we are not even thinking of the possibility. They love us enough to teach us like the best teachers have done throughout the ages - by making us struggle.

Sammy and Gretta have made friends by now. We know that. And both of them are watching over us so we don't go too far astray. Darn it, Gretta, why does this hurt so much! But our love for them and even more importantly their love for us is forever, even if in a different form. I couldn't go on if I didn't believe this. It doesn't take away the hole in your heart, but it does give me some hope to grab on to during this awful time. I'm glad you share in this faith. Don't let anyone tell you that animals are a lesser life form so they don't have souls, and can't live forever. That's a lot of malarkey (do you have that word in Britian?).

Please do something gentle and confortable for yourself today, Sammy's mother. Two things that helped me a lot were that for many weeks I wrote a daily letter to Gretta (oh yes, right through the tears) - about how much I love her, how much she meant to me, what I did that day, some "do you remember when we". And I had one of those soft pillows that are advertised on this site made for Gretta (for me, actually). They're a little pricey but I feel so much better hugging it close, even though it's not Gretta herself.

Sammy, Gretta, and all the other soul-animals are sending you their love and cheering for you as you go through this lonesome journey.

For now ......

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 28 2011, 03:47 PM
Post #8

Forum Moderator

"When i am sad and worried about other things i always go to the local church and pray. This time my faith has been sorely tested."

Hi, my lovely sammy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. I wish to reassure you what you are feeling is perfectly normal. When we lose the physical presence of our beloved companions it is very devastating both emotionally and physically. It is also very normal to find ourselves seriously questioning our spiritual beliefs. Even those who profess an unshakeable faith can find themselves sorely tested, for the loss of a beloved companion hits to the very core to the meaning of our existence. It is my sincerest hope that you will find strength and comfort and hope as you read through our individual and collective responses as you travel through your grief journey.

Our forum friend Gretta has so eloquently shared with you what is in my heart, so please read her response frequently. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, my lovely sammy, and I look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 29 2011, 08:28 AM
Post #9

Hello Lovely Sammy's mom

How are you doing this morning (here) - afternoon (there)? Just being alive is an accomplishment at this point. I hope you're sleeping and eating, my friend - even though you might have to use medicine for the first and eat what tastes like cardboard for the latter. At this point I felt like a breathing, eating, sleeping and CRYING robot. And this was about the time I started sleeping on the dog bed - with Gretta's picture and snowsuit pillow. One good thing about being a solo is that you can do what you D-A-R-N well please and there is nobody to criticize or comment. Even that is somewhat strengthening - telling the world to go to "Gehenna" and letting a little of the anger out. For about a week I copped and attitude and ended up throwing lots of stuff out that had been with me for YEARS but that I hadn't even looked at all during that time. Some of that was in closets so they're still looking pretty orderly!

Even though we're solos, I find it's sometimes good to go somewhere where there are people around (and NOT those with dogs!) - like sitting in a shopping mall. Some of that anonymous people-energy seems to seep in and take the stabbing out of the heartache. My sister, who is very experienced with dogs and dogs-going-home reminds me that everyone grieves in their own way and in their own time. And that you truly never "get over it". She says she sometimes cries over her "boys" that have been gone for 15 years. Moonbeam said something wonderful today when I had trouble with feeling disloyal to my Gretta: Sometimes love is at first sight (like with Gretta) and some grows day by day live a vine and then on day you realize that your lives are entwined by a million tendrils that are the richness of life and love (she said it better).

Please let me know how your day went, Sammy's mom. And please know that I and all your Lightning Strike friends care about you and want to ease your burden just a little.

Blessings .....

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
my lovley sammy
post May 29 2011, 06:57 PM
Post #10

Hello my american friends. I know you are still probably asleep but I had to share something with you. Something amazing has happened. I know you all believe in angels as I do as i think god and the angels sent sammy into my life for a reason (what that reason was i still have to find out) . Every so often i read my angel cards. Last night in bed i got them out and held them to my heart and asked the angels to send me a sign that sammy was ok and to help me understand . OH MY GOD the three cards i turned over were as follows...........COMFORT ...Archangel Azrael ...I am with you in your time of need, helping your heart to heal. The second card was BELOVED ONE ....archangel chamuel....I am helping you with your spiritual soulmate relationship. The third card i turned over was VICTORY ...archangel Sandalphon...your prayers have been heard and answered . Have faith.............I just couldnt believe that out of the whole pack of cards those were the ones i turned over . I really believe that sammy is with me and it is such a great comfort to me.
I just had to share this with you

denise
xx

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 29 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #11

Oh Sammy's mother

What a wonderful sign from your Sammy and all the angels! You're safe, you are healing, you will be well. Sammy - you're a little angel yourself for seeing your mom's heart so broken and sending her this sign. Sammy's mom - hooray for both of you.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
my lovley sammy
post May 31 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #12

Hi everyone
A Miracle has happened !
Yesterday i received a phone call from the animal charity who i adopted sammy from as she knew that he had gone to rainbow bridge. She told me she had a little girl for me called Pippa who would be perfect. I went over to see her and fell in love with her and brought her home with me. She has the same temperment as sammy , very loving and gentle but is a collie /labrador. She is so lovely and all she wants to do is kiss my tears away and cuddle me. I feel that sammy has sent her to me to help me heal and even though i will never forget sammy I feel as if my life has started again. A few of my friends have made the comment 'oh it didnt take you long did it? ' but none of them have ever had a dog. I feel guilty for thinking that I am replacing sammy but I have so much love to give a dog I feel I did the right thing. She has settled in so well and she came to work with me today and everyone loved her.
Thank you for all your kind words and advice and being with me when i needed some help
You are all truly wonderful people
thank you
denise and Pippa
***xx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 31 2011, 03:30 PM
Post #13

Forum Moderator

Hi, Denise, just being able to get caught up on how you're doing. Isn't is amazing - - miraculous - - awesome -- how things evolve with NO manipulation from us? The angel cards you held and the message they revealed to you, and NOW your new lifetime companion - - Pippa!! Congratulations on your new fur child!!!

Denise, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that your precious Pippa is a gift of love to you from your precious Sammy. And what a lovely combination: Lab / Collie!! Perhaps sometime you will feel up to sharing a picture of your new companion with us. We'd love to see a picture of Pippa, if possible.

Denise, please let your heart and mind be at peace about you and Pippa adopting one another. Some people are totally clueless, so please don't let their comments upset you. Each of us here do understand how miracles happen. You and Pippa are miracles for each other - - so ENJOY, Denise. Your beloved Sammy is doing a "Happy Dance" that you and Pippa have been guided to one another, and my heart is so o o oo very happy for the both of you as well.

Denise, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you're doing and this WONDERFUL joyful news of you and Pippa sharing your earthly journeys together. May you have a long, happy, ahd healthy journey together. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Denise, and look forward to knowing how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaylasmom
post May 31 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 7,099

Hi Denise,

Congrats on your new family member! Wishing you and Pippa the very best.

Shelby (Kaylasmom)

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 31 2011, 06:39 PM
Post #15

Hello Denise

Blessing and congratulations on your Sammy sending you a miracle - and you accepting it. Your heart must be exceptionally open - it was love at first sight with Ms Pippa! Halleluia for you, for your angels, for your Sammy and for your new Miss Pippa. All of us love all of you.

BTW - I looked on the net to find out what angel cards were and there was a pack that you could choose from online. Mine was the angel of change ..... it told me that change was good but that it was just happening too fast in my life. Amen to that! Many many years ago I used to read Tarot cards. Angel cards seem a lot like them. But your Sammy is THE BEST - better than any card deck, better than any human mind, just BETTER.

Congrats - and give Ms Pippa a head pat from me and Gretta and Rufus.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 2 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #16

Hello Sammy and Pippa's mom

Just checking in with you to see how you're doing and if you have a new family member. My Gretta sent me Rufus the Goofus afte only a month. Let me know. I'm going to go to the Angel card site and pick myself an angel. Thank you for pointing me to this.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
my lovley sammy
post Jun 3 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #17

Hi everyone and especially gretta's mum
I have been taking lots of photos of Pippa but cant seem to work out how to put them on here. Can anyone help?
Gretta's mum........try and buy some angel cards in a box by a lady called Doreen Virtue , you may be able to get them on amazon. I too have done the cards on the net but I found Doreen's cards to be spot on. You will be amazed at how much comfort and guidance they can give you. I have had another spooky thing happen this week. One of my closest friends who lives quite away from me went with her mum for the first time to a spiritulist church where there was a medium appearing. She was very sceptical but something amazing happened. The medium began by talking about several people who were with her and gave out the messages. She then said oh my god...i have never had animals appear to me but i have a ginger cat and a black/white collie dog here who have recently passed over. The cat was to do with a little old lady in the front row but no one put their hand up for the dog. My friend suddently realised that this could be sammy. What the medium said next made by friend gasp for breath . She said that her friend who has recently lost her dog (that's me) has a new dog and this new dog was sent by the one who died. They were great friends in a previous life and he sent her to me because i was so upset and crying all the time. She described sammy even down to how he used to sit at my feet and lick them (even my friend didnt know he used to do that) She told her to tell me that he will always be with me many many other things . I couldnt believe what my friend was telling me. I TRULY believe that when we lose our beloved pets we are always connected to them and if you believe then they will help you and be with you. I cant really explain this very well but my faith has been restored. I miss sammy so much but I know now that he sent me Pippa and she is part of him. Please dont think that i am one crazy lady but i cant explain .
My lovely lovely friends on here thank you so much for all your lovely words of comfort and advice. If you want to know any more then please let me know and I will be only too happy to tell you more.
denise
******x

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 7 2011, 07:17 AM
Post #18

Hello Sammy's mom and now Pippa's mom

Yours is the most powerful confirmation I have ever heard of the fact that our soul-mates live on after they leave this earth, that they are watching over us with the same amazing love they had for us when we could see them, and that they DO send someones - many times one of their friends - to live with us and comfort our sorrow. That doesn't mean we don't still miss them like we could break in half. I still cry over Gretta, especially when I write here on LS. But is does mean that our very best friend and spirit animal has sent us a huge gift to help our breaking hearts. Your story and mine make me thingk this - that the more deeply we are suffering at the disappearance of our other-half, the more quickly our disappeared one sends ua a comforter - a place to release all the love that is in our hearts that is "stuck" and has no way to come out but in grieving and in tears.

As we say in the USA (well, the young people say it), YOU GO GIRL!! I did the Angel cards online today about a continuing problem (performance anxiety and a minor but chronic physical problem). Guess what Angel I got? VICTORIOUS! These things WORK!! I'm going to get myself the "real" ones. Thanks for letting me know where to get them.

Meanwhile, when those oh-so-insightful people say those "oh-so-helfpul" things like "didn't take you long, did it?" with that "oh-so-tiny-snide" edge to their voice, just tell them, "That's how much my Sammy loves me!!."

For now ..... congratulations.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 11 2011, 08:04 AM
Post #19

Hello my lovely sammy,

Just a note to let you know I care and am wondering how you and Pippa are doing. What a great name Pippa! I'm sure Sammy is up there saying, "Hey guys, look what I did!" I use the online angel cards once in a while - they are amazing! Yesterday I had something I just didn't think I could do, that I'd mess it up, that I'd run from it if I could. I draw the angel COURAGE. Thank you SO much for altering me to these cards. Many, many years ago I used tarot cards and did simple readings, mostly for myself. These angel cards are WAY more relevant. Thanks again and have a great day wil Ms Pippa.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:07 AM