Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Introduction, Introducing myself
tuffyncompany
post Aug 13 2005, 01:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 1,080

Hi, I just found this site and wanted to join. Pet loss and the Rainbow Bridge is a topic near and dear to my heart.

Over the years I have lost so many cats, I took in strays, did abuse work on cats in shelters that had been treated badly by humans, and adopted special cases off death row. We are at a point now we cannot take any more strays, someone dumped one on us that had FIV the feline version of AIDS and we know sooner or later we will loose the rest of our cats and nothing we can do about it. It would be a certain death sentence to take in any more and I won't do that.

About 3 years ago I got my first ferret. OH MY GOSH, what a joy these little guys are and it wasn't long before we got into rescuing ferrets. Currently we have 22 ferrets, all free roamers in our home, caged only at night.

In one months' time we lost 2 ferrets we had rescued, severe and total neglect by their previous owners and by the time they got to us it was too late. One ferret was severely adrenal (adrenal disease) and she died during surgery. The other one he had had an infection for so long it had gone systemic and his body was shutting down; that little angel only lived for for 6 days but he knew what it was like to be loved, he died in my arms. During that same months' time we lost 2 of our cats, one of them I had had her since she was only 10 days old, raised her on a bottle.

I have the extended version of the Rainbow Bridge at my web site and if anyone would like their angel's name added to the list, email me and I will be happy to add the name for you; dog, cat, rabbit, ferret, doesn't matter, all critters are welcome.

Anywho, that is me, wanted to introduce myself. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:41 AM