Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remembering Chewy, My Mr Chew Chew.
Gretta's Mom
post Nov 29 2014, 05:13 AM
Post #41

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

Hello xxForeverxx

They say that time heals all wounds, but we know that's not quite true. Sure, days go by when we don't think of our friends above but then something happens that reminds us of our "Chew Chews" and tears come again even though we know they are in a truly Perfect World. There's an old hymn that starts, "When we all get together, what a day of rejoicing it will be", And when I get to that Bridge, after I meet my Chew-Chew, I want to meet YOUR Chew-Chew - and you.

Meanwhile, we have to keep their memories in our hearts and, because they took a piece of our hearts with us, our hearts will always be yearning for them until we get together. Please know that I am with you in spirit, especially during these upcoming holidays.

Gretta and Rufus's mom
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 21 2014, 07:35 AM
Post #42

Good morning, Baby Chew-chew, the little cat with the big heart and the great nickname. If you see brown dog, a chocolate lab, the kindest chocolate who ever lived, that will be my Gretta. She also had the nickname of Baby Chew-Chew because she could spot food containers a mile away and one time she chewed through a bottle of 100 fish oil tablets and ate them all. I had to take her to the vet because these pills have some aspirin in them - who'd have thought! I'm sure they will have a great time exchanging stories about things they chewed up.

God bless you and your family during this season.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jan 1 2015, 12:58 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 7,464

Hello xxForeverxx, I know Chewy's angelversary is coming up, and I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. I hope you had a good Christmas and New Year's. I was looking through Chewy's pictures that you have posted on here. He is so handsome and what a sweet face! I know you must have enjoyed snuggling with him and holding him close. These pictures are precious memories, and each one tells a story. I hope that when you look at pictures of Chewy it will bring back good memories.

Hugs,
DannysMom

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Feb 3 2015, 06:16 AM
Post #44

Good morning, xxForeverxx,

You and Mr. Chew Chew are always on my "write-to" list - and in my heart. Every time I see your name and Mr Chew Chew's name I think of the two Chew Chew - as different as can be but Forever Friends. People sometimes write that their sadness has been replaced by happy memories of their fur-baby now in the Perfect World. And yes, there are happy memories. But I think we loved them so much when they were here and they loved us so much back that our hearts will always have a hole in them, a reminder of the piece of our hearts that they took with them to the Perfect World and the piece of their hearts that they left with us to keep and hold until we are joined again with them and both our hearts are whole again.

I'll ask the two Chew-Chews to send down some warm love rays to you today to at least warm your heart a little bit during this freezing season.

Your friend,

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Mar 1 2015, 03:46 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 7,430

Wow I am so lucky to have caring people thinking of me even when I am not on here as much anymore.

I am so grateful to come on and read your replies Gretta's Mom and DannysMom.

You are both always so caring and give me such good advice that does make me feel a bit better each time. Thank you so much for thinking of us. Chewy was a special boy.

You are right Gretta's Mom that we can look back with happy memories but our hearts always have a piece missing with them not here anymore. But I agree and I hope that one day I will be reunited with him. Thank you

DannysMom thank you for thinking of us near Chewys angelversary. I have been blessed to find this site around the same time as you and in times of grief as you have proved to be a caring friend who is always there to lift your spirits. I say blessed in the best way possible as of course the best thing would have been of course for us not to have had to find this site through loss. But I am glad to have met you then.

I am not very good at offering advice. But I love to seeing your photos of all your babies DannysMom and Gretta's Mom and hearing about the memories you have of them and will always be thinking of you all.
xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Mar 2 2015, 08:00 AM
Post #46

Good morning Chew-Chew's mom

It must be fate - or our two Chew-Chews sending us some love rays from the Perfect World. There are about 10 people here that I keep on a rotation so that I remember to write to them and don't leave them hanging for long periods of time. Guess whose "turn" it is today - CHEW-CHEW THE CAT'S!!

And I think one of the things our Chew-Chews are trying to tell us is that in the Perfect World where they live, the lion DOES lie down with the lamb. How could a big dog and a cute cat both end up with the same names? And I just know they are fast friends - and that it isn't even considered odd in their world.

Like you, I will always miss my not-so-baby Chew-Chew. Didn't the Beatles or some such group have a song called something "A Piece of My Heart" pr at least lyrics that said that? One of those oldie groups did (er ... they were considered avant garde when I was young). I will figure out a way to upload a picture of Gretta the Chocolate Lab, the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived (aka Baby Chew-Chew).

Just as our soulmates can never be forgotten, our friends who are missing their own soulmates can never be forgotten either, right Chew-Chews?

Gretta and Rufus's mom (Rufus is the black dog I use as a icon - he's a half black lab/half Newfie - and I'd have been in REAL trouble if HE had been a Chew-Chew too!)

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 4 2015, 10:58 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 7,464

Hello xxForeverxx, I hope this finds you well. Even though it has been 3 years since Chewy left this world there are probably still times when you feel like it was only yesterday. I just always remember the nice pictures you posted of him, the one with him and Fudge, the one with him in the rabbit hutch, and the one where he is sleeping in the bread basket. Chewy must have brought you so much joy and laughter. Keep those special memories of him in your heart always. They are precious treasures.

Hugs,
DannysMom

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Apr 19 2015, 07:35 AM
Post #48

Hello darling Chew-Chew,

Just stopping by to say hi and let you know you are remembered and loved.

Til we meet in the Perfect World,

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Nov 27 2015, 08:07 AM
Post #49

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving, Baby Chew Chew. I love your name, your mom and especially you.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:13 PM