Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shelley, a loving 'mommie' Calico
moon_beam
post Aug 28 2013, 09:24 AM
Post #161

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Shelley and Mindy are doing. I always enjoy reading your news as to how your precious girls are doing. I know you feel blessed to have them in your life, and they are blessed to have you for their Forever Mom.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Shelley and Mindy kindly, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Danny's and Tina's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you and your precious Shelley and Mindy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious girls are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Aug 28 2013, 05:05 PM
Post #162

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,464

Tom's Dad and moon_beam, thanks for stopping by and sharing my Shelley with me. I needed to come home for lunch today, and the girls were so surprised to see me, like "Mom, what are you doing home already?" As I was getting busy in the kitchen trying to put something in the microwave real quick Mindy sat quietly in front of Shelley's food bowl and just stared at it. Shelley sat down next to her and also stared at the food bowl. It was empty. They got a good portion this morning, but I guess they felt that if I eat something maybe they'll get something too. It really touched my heart how they both sat quietly by Shelley's bowl, not making a sound, just being so well behaved and polite, like "may we please have just a bit of food?" Of course I put a few morsels in there. It seems Shelley was more hungry than Mindy. I still can't get that picture out of my mind though, how they sat there so quietly, just looking at the bowl. They both got real sad when I had to leave again and just looked at me as I was walking downstairs. I felt so bad. Mindy and Shelley are really special. I don't know what they'd do if I decided to go on vacation again. I'm sure Shelley would be more upset than Mindy. But I don't have any money right now anyway.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Sep 2 2013, 07:52 AM
Post #163

Member No.: 6,946

Hello DannysMom. Happy Labor Day to you and your precious Mindy and Shelley, hope you don't have to work. I do.

Thank you for sharing such a lovely story. What wonderfully well behaved girls you have happy.gif I imagine if I could come home for lunch mine would be the same way. Come to think of it, they have been when I've come home early for other reasons. Hope you and the girls have a great holiday!

TTT

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 2 2013, 10:58 AM
Post #164

Hello Tom's Dad, thanks for stopping by. I'm off work today, but it hasn't been all quiet. I don't know why they always have to mow on a holiday. Mindy and I were sitting outside enjoying some balcony time earlier, but she quickly left when the guy with the edge tool came by. Now it's nice and quiet, but I went back inside with Mindy when I saw the guy with the pesticide tank spraying down below. No need for us to breathe in this toxic stuff! So, I'll probably get some lunch ready (leftovers from yesterday) and relax a bit more. Need to go to Kroger later and grab a few things. I hope your work day goes by quickly and that you won't have to wait too long for the bus back home.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 14 2013, 10:31 AM
Post #165

My girls must have had lots of fun last night. I found my swivel chair turned around and a magazine rack out of place, but lo and behold there was Shelley's long lost pink soccer sponge ball! I had been looking for it for quite some time, and she found it. Shelley likes to jump behind the big speakers and then the only way out is to walk behind the book case and hop over the magazine racks. Tina always jumped behind the speakers too. Cats! laugh.gif I often wonder what kind of "kitty adventures" Mindy and Shelley have at night. Yesterday morning Shelley was clamoring for her cat food as usual, putting on her "I'm starving!!!" act. That annoyed Mindy and she did some quick kung-fu moves with her front legs while standing up on her hind legs. But Shelley also showed off her kung-fu moves and so they batted each other's paws. Shelley always gets so vocal when she wants her food, and if I ignore her she "huffs", sitting there looking at me with a face that says "I am not amused!" and then she lets out a deep breath. It always makes me laugh. Shelley likes to come and snuggle with me on the bed in the morning and she always settles in quietly whereas Mindy moves around so much sometimes and grooms herself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 14 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #166

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how your precious Shelley, and Mindy, and you are doing. Sharing your precious girls stories of their adventures and behaviors always brings a smile to me - - as I know your heart overflows with joy. I can just hear your precious Shelley, "I know where that ball is - - if I can just reach it - - maybe if I try this way - - oooppss - - there goes the bookcase - - but look!!! I have my ball again!!!!! - - hey, sis - - do you think mom will notice everything rearranged?" And Mindy says, "well, yah - - silly girl." How very dull our lives would be without our precious companions to keep us on our toes!!!

I hope today is treating you and your precious Shelley and Mindy kindly, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Danny's and Tina's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you and your precious Shelley and Mindy are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you and your precious girls are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Sep 15 2013, 06:44 PM
Post #167

Hello DannysMom.

Thanks so much for sharing your precious Mindy and Shelley's cat-antincts laugh.gif I always imagine when I'm away that the apartment is like the late night jazz club scene from The Aristocats (Disney) happy.gif http://youtu.be/gibCEMjkhY4

Our companions are indeed a continuing source of amusement. When I first welcomed Tom into my home, I had a huge all in one entertainment center that stood about to my the top of my chest. I would keep various pictures and nick knacks on the top. That little guy could (from a dead stand still) jump up there, and walk around without disturbing a single item cool.gif Of course when the diabetes set in, he could not so much anymore.

Thanks again for sharing and I hope you and your girls have a terrific evening. TTFN

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 15 2013, 09:39 PM
Post #168

Tom's Dad, thanks for stopping by and for sharing that link with me! How cute! Makes me want to watch the movie again. Your Sir Thomas was quite a cat. My Tina also was real careful not to disturb my little knick-knacks and things. Shelley likes to jump on my big dresser in the bedroom. Mindy is not so much of a jumper as her legs are shorter than Shelley's and she's also a bit heavier. Shelley and I had a good long cuddle this afternoon. She always like to place her paws on my hand or my arm, and it feels so good. She is such a sweet and trusting little cat, always rolling over on her back and wanting a tummy rub.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Sep 23 2013, 06:25 AM
Post #169

Member No.: 7,430

Hi DannysMom

How funny that they sat by their bowl waiting for food! It is amazing how they can just squeeze a small bit of food extra out of us. It is almost like they quickly spoke to each other and said if we both sit by it then maybe, just maybe, mummy might give us a little bit more. And Mindy obviously thought.....well Im not actually that hungry but I will do it for you Shelley rolleyes.gif

Haha Tom's_Dad I only watched that the other day and now comparing it to Mindy and Shelleys wild night has me in stitches! They seem to have such funny personalities, different like chalk and cheese but the same.......just like sisters laugh.gif

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 28 2013, 12:23 PM
Post #170

xxForeverxx, thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy reading your comments. smile.gif I'm not sure if Shelley is the chalk or the cheese, but both of my fur kids sure have funny personalities. It's like having kids that never grow up. I'm learning to distinguish Shelley's meows. Sometimes I mistakes her "cuddle me!" cries for hunger cries. And then when I put food in her bowl she just looks at me as if to say "That's not what I wanted!" Then she comes and jumps on my lap and I know it's a cuddle she wanted. She is so content cuddling with me, always placing her paws on my arms or grabbing my hand with both paws and then she either rubs my hand with her head or starts licking my hand. I sometimes think about how it must have been difficult for her previous human to give her up since Shelley is such a loving cat. She definitely has a good home with me.

This morning Shelley enjoyed sitting on top of the couch in the living room and looking out the window. She has taken to watching this little tabby cat on one of the balconies across from us. His human lets him out on the balcony sometimes. Yesterday Shelley "helped" me make the bed and put fresh sheets on. I play-grabbed her little body under the sheets and she let out excited squeaks. Then I moved my hand across the sheet and she was chasing me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 6 2013, 03:08 PM
Post #171

This morning, when Shelley sat on the window perch, I lifted Mindy's body and put her right next to Shelley so that they both could look out. Mindy did the sweetest thing. She started grooming Shelley's neck and head, but decided not to stay with her adoptive sister. I love seeing them together by the window, and I so enjoy watching them groom each other. It's imply wonderful that they get along so well.

Shelley has been wanting lots of cuddles yesterday. When I held her in my arms and she had her head snuggled against my chest she suddenly reached up with both front paws and gently touched my face. How sweet! smile.gif This little cat is so loving. I hope she'll be with me for many, many years to come.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 7 2013, 11:37 AM
Post #172

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Shelley, and Mindy, and are doing. I am so smiling sharing your joy that your precious girls bring to you. I am also smiling at how your precious Shelley enjoys watching her feline neighbor. Even though they are separated by the window in your apartment, I'm sure there is some form of telepathic communication happening.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 13 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #173

I got up this morning and fed the girls then went back to snooze a bit as I didn't sleep good at all last night. I got startled by Shelley's loud shrieks and found both Mindy and Shelley on the bed, wrestling. For some reason Mindy wanted to play rough with Shelley. She sat on top of her back and started biting the side of her neck. I looked at them in astonishment and told Mindy to take it easy and to not hurt Shelley. Mindy just looked at me with the proud look of a conqueror, and poor Shelley just laid there meekly, but took the first opportunity to get away from Mindy. I had to comfort my poor Shell' and when I did so Mindy meowed and looked at me with a sorrowful look as if to say:"But, mom, we were just playing! It's fun!" So I comforted her too and told her it was okay. Cats! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 13 2013, 04:09 PM
Post #174

Hello DannysMom

Sounds like your Mindy and Shelley had quite a romp. Sounds like the early morning antics of Theresa and Tang; and yes I get the same look from him as you got from Mindy rolleyes.gif My best to you and the girls. TTFN

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 13 2013, 07:49 PM
Post #175

Tom's Dad, thanks for stopping by, it's always good to hear from you. I'm happy to report that my girls made up. smile.gif When I came back from running errands this afternoon they were both sitting in the window together, and when I came upstairs Mindy was tenderly grooming Shelley's neck and head. Aw! smile.gif Shelley has been especially loving today, giving me lots of cuddles. She knows someone was mean to me yesterday and caused me pain and a sleepless night. And I hope that person is proud of themselves for having done that. Shelley really made me feel better by cuddling so close and putting her paws on my arm. It's so nice to be loved! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 14 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #176

Hello DannysMom

I'm glad to hear your girls have made up. Perhaps it has something to do with them both knowing what it's like to be the "new kid" as Theresa and Tang know all too well. I'm sorry someone was mean to you, and I hope it has not caused any lingering stress. My best to you, Mindy and Shelley.

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 14 2013, 09:01 PM
Post #177

Tom's Dad, I hadn't thought about that...both my girls knowing what it's like to be the new kid. Mindy had it rough with Tina, that's for sure, as Tina didn't take too kindly to the newcomer and always gave Mindy a beating when she'd play with Tina's tail. Shelley is the real gentle one whereas Mindy is just a tad aggressive at times, but she is not mean, just likes to play rough and have fun. Tonight my girls were both watching me clean out some of the kitchen cabinets. They just sat there quietly and watched. Shelley wanted to cuddle again tonight and acted like she hadn't seen me in a year! smile.gif

Hope both you and your fur kids are well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 20 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #178

Sigh! Today was nail trimming day, and things did not go well at all. I trimmed Mindy's nails first and had some trouble with her inner extra toe on the right paw. As I started clipping she let out a little screech, so I adjusted and trimmed just a little bit. The extra nails are so hard to trim as her extra toes are covered with black fur and it's difficult to gently squeeze the toe to get the claw to show. The rest of her nails went well and she was so good about the whole thing. Unfortunately Shelley had watched the whole thing and was not pleased when I grabbed her next. She was so scared that she would get hurt and started pulling her paw away and voiced her displeasure. I had to calm her down and start over several times. Some of her nails did not need trimming. She has the habit of chewing some of her nails when she cleans her paws. I think we were both glad when Shelley's nails were done. Whew! Mindy is much more patient with me. Shelley is the sensitive one. But she didn't hold it against me and we cuddled later on. Unfortunately she did not see her little tabby friend on the balcony across from us. His humans did not let him/her out today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 21 2013, 04:10 PM
Post #179

Hi DannysMom.

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble with claw clipping. I feel your pain, figuratively and literally blink.gif These days I depend on thick gloves and the bathroom sink happy.gif Sorry Shelley didn't get to see her balcony buddy.

I hope today is treating you kind, and that you, Mindy and Shelley have a great evening. TTFN

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 2 2013, 11:56 AM
Post #180

Tom's Dad, thanks for stopping by. It sure sounds like nail trimming time isn't much fun at your place. I could never trim Tina's nails as she was way too skittish and would flinch any time the clipper even came near her paw. Shelley still keeps looking for the little tabby cat on the balcony across from us, but they're not letting him go out. He seems to spend his days lounging on top of the couch and looking out the window. Shelley is so sweet. Yesterday evening I was petting her as Mindy was watching us, and then all of a sudden Shelley jumped down, laid down next to Mindy and got some sisterly kitty lovin'. Mindy gently groomed Shelley's ears, head, and neck. And then the two of them just laid side by side. This morning I caught them practicing their kung-fun moves while sitting the window.

Then, Mindy did a "fake" chase. She wiggled her little behind as if she was getting ready to go after Shelley and she half-lunged. Shelly took off, but Mindy just looked at her as if to say:"Haha, you thought I was gonna chase you!" It is so much fun watching them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:36 AM