Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Laila, Number 13
Ken Albin
post Mar 29 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 854

Sorry I am a little late with this update but my wildlife photography photoshoots have cut into my time a lot. A month ago I came home to find a little black cat sitting in the driveway waiting for me. She rolled over on her back and let me stroke her belly, then snuggled up against me. I thought she was a neighborhood cat since she was so friendly towards me so I canvassed the area looking for an owner. I finally found out she was a "barn cat" who was feral with no contact with humans before me. I took her in and fed her, then took her to the vet. She is about 8 months old and was in the very early stage of pregnancy at that time. We had no room for more cats, not even really for her, so we had her spayed. She was dewormed and had shots. At that point I decided she would be a new member of our home, hopefully the last for awhile since we now have 13 indoor cats. Several are geriatric.

I named her Laila, which means 'dark beauty', and have been working to tame her since then. She has come a long ways but still has some issues here with a couple of the other cats here. They try to bully her because of her newness and small size so we have to watch for that. She is very affectionate to humans and getting her over her shyness towards the other cats has been the main impetus here. This is a photo of our little Laila. wub.gif

Ken Albin
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Daddy Cat left this world at the age of 17. His tribute page is at Daddy Cat's Tribute Page
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Mar 30 2011, 02:33 PM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,508

Oh, what a fitting name for her -- she is beautiful. Keep us updated on how she's getting on.

- Cheryl

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:24 AM