Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Puppy, Kasper
JoanneL
post Feb 13 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,957

Tried to post this once but don't see it so I am trying again.

We went to meet our new puppy Kasper today. He is adorable and so sweet. Can't wait to bring him home on March 13. We are getting him from the same breeder who produced our wonderful Schnoodles, Zack and Zoe. I have been posting here for the last several weeks about the suggen, tragic accident that took our Zoe from us.

I will miss her forever and, of course, cried as soon as we pulled up to the house where we first saw her. I think that Kasper will have a wonderful home with us and bring much joy to his new parents and fur brother, Zack.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Feb 20 2011, 05:59 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Joanne, I am so excited for you, your husband, and Zack in the anticipation of your new family member Kasper. Your precious Zoe will always always always always be a part of you and your family life, and Kasper will always have his own special place in your hearts. Will look forward to sharing this new beginning in your life, Joanne, and continuing to share your wonderful memories of your beloved Zoe.

I hope you and all of your family will have a peaceful and pleasant evening, Joanne.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
JoanneL
post Feb 21 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #3

The only problem with getting the new puppy, Kasper, is that I fell in love with one of his brothers too. Last time we could handle 2 new puppies. This time we can't handle a 3 yr old and 2 puppies. I was hoping to find that somene had put a deposit on him but I just checked and no one has. Too bad arthritis won't permit us to handle another puppy. We leave for vacation Thurs and pick Kasper up on the 13th. Unfortunately, I will have to be back at work on the 8th.
If I could ever figure out how to put pics on here I would post his pic.

+Quote Post
JoanneL
post Mar 6 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #4

We went shopping today for supplies for Kasper. He joins our family next week. Had to tell my friends at PetSmart that Zoe had died in an accident. I did not get hysterical so that was good. Only a few tears. Zack went shopping with us so we made him a pretty new tag and got him a new collar when we got things for Kasper.
Can't remember having a puppy any more but we will have help from the vet, PetSmart and our trainer. Wish us luck.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 17 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #5

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Joanne, somehow I managed to miss the post of your shopping spree for Kasper and Zack. I hope Kasper is settling into his new family well, and that each of you are adjusting to the "new normal" in your household. I am so looking forward to knowing how things are going and to seeing pictures of your new family member whenever possible.

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Joanne.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
JoanneL
post Mar 18 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #6

Finally a few minutes to post. I wrote a post on the thread about Zoe first. She is still the reason I found all of you.

Kasper is a love. So cute. Sunday was quiet because he had never been in a car, away from his mom or littermates or the breeder. He was clinging to me or my husband. As the week has progressed he has become more comfortable and now realizes this is his home and family. We have laughed and played with him. He woke once on Sunday and Monday in the middle of the night to use his piddle pads-haven't told him about using the outside as his bathroom but that will happen this weekend. He has slept through the night since Tues night.

I think with time we will get used to him being our youngest "child" and may one day accept that Zoe is no longer with us. I can honestly say I had to be clear in my mind before picking a puppy that we were getting him for the right reasons and not to have him try to take Zoe's place. No one can do that. He is his own little person and I see him that way. He has decided he likes some of her rarely used toys and is using her crates. The man at PetSmart helped us pick what we would need for him and realize that since Zoe was never sick, her crates, bowls, etc could be passed on to Kasper. We were careful not to put his crate where Zoe's had been so we would not give Zack the wrong idea.

We have our trainer coming over tomorrow to help us with the transition that needs to happen between him and Zack. Also, after 3 1/2 years we have forgotten some of the things we need to do to get this little one trained.

Anway, the whole process is a journey. This is one journey I never expected to take again in my life. We thought Zack and Zoe would be with us for many years but one brief second took Zoe from us. I am so glad Kasper came into this world in the same home, by the same breeder, the day before Zoe was killed. Some how it seems right that this is where he came from. I was not looking for a breeder or puppy but merely to write the breeder about Zoe. When I saw the new litter of puppies it just felt like something I had to do.

My husband has actually smiled and laughed this week for the first time since Zoe died. He has called Kasper, Zoe a few times but human mothers and fathers often call their children but their other children's names. I think in time this will get better. Got to get some sleep. Kasper thinks he needs to be up by 6am.

+Quote Post
JoanneL
post Apr 10 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #7

Just a quick update. Kasper is doing well. He is really comfortable in his new home now. Follows Zack every where and wants to be just like him. Zack takes it until he is fed up and then puts puppy in his place which makes us very nervous at times.
So much fun to watch the new little one grow and explore. He does the funniest things and at least we are laughing again.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:58 PM