Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's Been 2 Days And I Don't Feel Any Better, Still missing my Skipper
Nanpacific55
post Jul 13 2008, 10:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,843

Dear Friends,

It has been two days since my Skipper died, and I am still feeling very depressed. This morning I really felt the house was empty. Skipper was always in the kitchen with use when we made coffee. We would then take a tour of the yard, look at the gardens and sit on the deck. My husband feels it too. He said it is like we are going through the motions but it just does not feel right. It's amazing how you take for granted your babies being with you.

I find myself remembering her as a puppy, when she was so small she could run around one couch cushion, and when she dug a huge hole in the garden and could not wait to show me what she had done. I think of the time I hurt my back and she was with me while I was recovering, on my bed the entire time. I would always cuddle with her when I was sick and she always made me feel better.

I am worried about my other dog, Shelby. She is really feeling the loss too. She still looks for Skipper, and goes and sits where she is buried. She does not want to leave my side as she knows I am hurting. I know I need to get another companion for her soon, but right now I am not ready.

I have to leave for a business trip tomorrow morning, and frankly I am not sure I am up to it. I just want to get into bed and put the covers over my head and forget the pain. But like all of you I will have to go on and put on the brave, nothing is wrong face, even though inside I feel terrible.

I am attaching a picture of Skipper from last summer - I love this because she is smiling. She loved her yard!

Nancy

Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jon730
post Jul 13 2008, 05:22 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,585

I understand.
Matilda went first.

Pepper missed her.

And then....

My wife took this picture of me and Pepper. The sunlight hit the lens and made the rainbow over the bridge.

She has never really gotten over the loss of Matilda, now perhaps 12 years ago, and in her grief painted these.

It fades a little but the wounds are deep. It helps us when we remember all the funny things they did.
Liek the time we came home from shopping and opened the front door and had a waterfall of tiny styrofoam beads.
They had a tug-of-war with a beanbag chair.

We still find them in the yard. wub.gif

--------------------
Miles, my friend and Cat-Wife. 3-11-2008
The Sweetest Cat in my Universe.

+Quote Post
Deanna
post Jul 13 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,792

Nancy,
It's been a month for me since losing my Zoe and I feel the same as I did the day I lost her. I never imagined the pain a human endures when you lose a fur baby. The grieving process I am going through today is the hardest thing I've ever dealt with, and I have lost both sets of grandparents and my father. Don't get me wrong, I grieved for them, but was able to accept it and move on with my life. However, with Zoe, it's really hard for me to imagine that I'll ever have a happy heart again. Zoe taught me such wonderful, priceless, gifts in life, that I never knew before I met her. The phrase of "stop and smell the roses"....Zoe and I did that. We looked for butterflies in the air...we'd sit outside to listen to the birds chirp. Life, for me, was really good when she was around me. I took her precious unconditional love for granted. I have such a dark cloud over me right now. I would give anything to hold her again, even if it's in my dreams. I miss her soooo much.
Stay strong Nancy, I know how you feel. Skipper is in your heart now.
We are here for you.
Love the pictures, Skipper is beautiful.
Much love and support
Deanna

+Quote Post
Deanna
post Jul 13 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,792

QUOTE (Jon730 @ Jul 13 2008, 06:22 PM) *
I understand.
Matilda went first.

Pepper missed her.

And then....

My wife took this picture of me and Pepper. The sunlight hit the lens and made the rainbow over the bridge.

She has never really gotten over the loss of Matilda, now perhaps 12 years ago, and in her grief painted these.

It fades a little but the wounds are deep. It helps us when we remember all the funny things they did.
Liek the time we came home from shopping and opened the front door and had a waterfall of tiny styrofoam beads.
They had a tug-of-war with a beanbag chair.

We still find them in the yard. wub.gif

Jon730
These pictures/paintings are unbelievable.
Thanks for sharing!
Deanna

+Quote Post
missingmycandy
post Jul 14 2008, 07:26 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,842

I know exactly how you feel. Last Monday I had to put my Candy to sleep because her kidneys were bad. Then Tuesday when I got off work, I buried her. It was the 2 longest days in my life. Then Wednesday I had the day off and let me tell you it was torture. The first full day in an empty house without Candy. I almost went out of my mind.
Then I started throwing myself into my home business and it has gotten easier. It will get easier little by little.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Nanpacific55
post Jul 15 2008, 09:37 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,843

Thanks all of you for your support.

Jon730, thank you for those beautiful photos. The one with the Rainbow is just amazing. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Nancy

+Quote Post
goliath
post Jul 15 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 4,239

QUOTE (Nanpacific55 @ Jul 13 2008, 11:43 AM) *
I am worried about my other dog, Shelby. She is really feeling the loss too. She still looks for Skipper, and goes and sits where she is buried. She does not want to leave my side as she knows I am hurting. I know I need to get another companion for her soon, but right now I am not ready.

Hi Nancy,

Hanging onto the rollercoaster ride of deep emotion is a hard and twisting ride. The ride doesn't end quickly.

When Goliath passed away I was left completely crippled. The deep dark hole I found myself in seemed as though it had no bottom. The further I fell, the worse I felt until I finally turned myself off emotionally.

My Gidget mourned for Goliath just as much as I did. sad.gif The more depressed I became, the more depressed she became. Many many times throughout the day Gidget would make the rounds of every nook and cranny of our house looking for Goliath. unsure.gif When she ran out of places to look, she would ask to go outside and look. Each time I saw her searching, it broke my heart all over again. Over time she and I worked through our grief together and built a stronger relationship.

When I found LS 6 months ago a spark of hope ignited my heart and the flames began to rise little by little. Had it not been for the wonderful, understanding, and caring people I found here.........I would still be spiriling down a dark and empty hole.

I am so sorry Skipper has passed away because I know just how much pain you are in. You are so blessed to have known the kind of love you and he shared. This is the gift Skipper left you. The love you share is binding and can never be broken; not in this world or the next. wub.gif

Much love with comforting hugs,
Beth

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
jena7483
post Jul 22 2008, 01:45 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 4,863

It has been two days for me since i lost my dog. To watch him die suddenly in front of my eyes for no reason has really damaged me. I have not gone to wotk today and cant go tomorrow. The pain is too much to bare. I complelty undersstand how you feel. The pain is just to much.

Jen

+Quote Post
Jon730
post Jul 22 2008, 07:21 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 4,585

It has been two days for me since i lost my dog. To watch him die suddenly in front of my eyes for no reason has really damaged me. I have not gone to wotk today and cant go tomorrow. The pain is too much to bare. I complelty undersstand how you feel. The pain is just to much.

I run a business, so if I do not work, I do not get paid, so had to try to carry on last March when I lost my friend and CatWife. It was hard but I think the "Normal" routine helped a little bit. Not much, but a little..a "Life goes on" kind of thing. I had horrible moments the first week or two though.

It probably depends on where you work. If it is a friendly place with supportive people it could help.

If it is a miserable place with miserable people, then probably not.
The kind of place where someone would say "It's just an animal", for example.
I would probably have been arrested had someone said that to me.

I think the biggest benefit of this site is that many people just cannot understand how it feels to lose a pet.
The World is full of people who do not care about HUMANS, or themselves. They deserve their lives.

--------------------
Miles, my friend and Cat-Wife. 3-11-2008
The Sweetest Cat in my Universe.

+Quote Post
valgib
post Jul 22 2008, 07:44 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 4,864

I feel your pain Nan. I have to put my little girl down tonight after work. I too am worried about my other dog, and if anyone can advise me, should I let him see her after she's gone or not. Will he know she's gone if I let him see her, and if I don't will he just keep looking for her. Help.

+Quote Post
LuvLabs
post Jul 22 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 3,847

Nancy,

I would like to offer my deepest sympathy in the loss of your Skipper. Thank you for sharing her beautiful picture with us.

I can understand how you are feeling. When I lost my lab Lizzy this past Oct. I didn't want to do anything. I did just lay around for a few days and mourn. But then I slowly began to do things again and that really helped. Lizzy was ill with inoperable cancer. She was on meds for 4 months to shrink the tumor. She was so full of energy and life, that no one could believe she was ill. At 9 1/2 she played like a puppy. She and my other lab Elly were best friends. The cancer seemed to spread over night, and I knew the time had come to say goodbye. Even though I had months to prepare...my heart was still broken. Liz was in pain and I prayed that she would go peacefully in her sleep. But, she was so strong willed and never gave up. I had to have her put to sleep the next morning. Elly was lost without Liz. We decided to search for another lab which consumed alot of my time. Mandy came into our lives in Jan. She has brought us so much happiness and is the sweetest puppy.

Grieving our fur babies takes a tole on our lives and emotions. It reminds us just how precious life is. I couldn't imagine not having dogs in my life. And every dog I've had has taught me valuable lessons. I hope that you will be comforted by the many happy memories you shared with Skipper. You and Shelby will know when the time is right to open your hearts to a new fur baby.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:00 PM