Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Precious Noah
moon_beam
post Sep 24 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #1

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

My dear friends, I need to ask you to please keep my precious Noah close in your thoughts and prayers. He will be having serious abdominal surgery tomorrow, September 25, 2012, to remove a mass that has finally impeded his colon. Of course he showed no signs of illness until last Thursday, September 20, when he had an upset tummy after his breakfast. Since he has occassional challenges with furball tummies I gave him a dose of Laxatone which seemed to settle him for the rest of the day. Friday morning, September 21, he had numerous upset tummy spells after his breakfast. I took him to his doctor Friday afternoon at which time an X-ray was taken which showed a suspicious "something" in his intestinal tract but since it was late Friday the only thing the vet could do was give him fluids for dehydration and medication to help with the nausea. He was not a chipper boy during the weekend but we managed to make it through a very difficult yesterday when I thought I might have to take him to the ER vet - - but he settled down after awhile and was okay for the rest of the evening. I took him back to his doctor this morning so she could do a barium GI test. She called a few moments ago to confirm the worst -- that an abdominal mass is pressing on his intestinal tract which is now causing him to exhibit distress. The owner of the hospital who specializes in intestinal surgery will be doing his surgery tomorrow. This is a very long and invasive surgery that he may not survive, and if he does, the recovery is very serious.

I am going to go visit with my precious baby boy for awhile this evening as the hospital is opened until 7 p.m. tonight. As you know there are no words to describe the pain my heart is in - - I want my baby boy well again.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Sep 24 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

Dear moon_beam

I am SO sorry to hear about your precious boy Noah sad.gif I had no idea he was having troubles. You have provided so much comfort and support to all of us here at LS. Me and Theresa and Tang will keep Noah in our thoughts and prayers for a recovery. I will even appeal to Angel Tom to pull some strings. I just don't have the words to describe how my heart hurts for you and Noah. I hope you can spend some good quality time with him at the vet. From your post I assume they are keeping him over night? Give him an extra pat from me and my fur babies. I am keeping you both in my prayers.

~HUGS~

Tracy

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 24 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,464

Dear moon_beam, I am so sorry to hear that your precious Noah is ill. I pray that his surgery would be successful tomorrow and that he would recover. I know that he'll appreciate you visiting with him tonight, and I hope that you can get enough rest and a good night's sleep. I know it won't be quite the same without your precious boy at home tonight.

Please let us know about Noah tomorrow as soon as you hear from the vet. You're in my thoughts and prayers, my friend.

Hugs,
DannysMom

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Sep 24 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,071

Oh moon_beam, I am so sorry about your little precious Noah. I hope the surgery is sucessful and that he recovers completely. I can always feel how much you love him in your posts. He and you both will be in my prayers.

May God Bless You Both!

With Love,

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
Angelinda
post Sep 24 2012, 08:38 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,214

Dear Moon Beam,

I'm so sorry to hear about Noah's condition, and how he will be needing extensive surgery tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers will be with him and with you tonight, as well as tomorrow. Words cannot convey the deep heart ache I felt when I read this. You have been such a comfort to me in many ways. The heartfelt and sympathetic words you offered me, when I lost my precious Midnight last June, helped me tremendously in my grief journey. I want to extend this same comfort to you and let you know how much you and your Noah mean to me.

With love . . . Angelinda

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 24 2012, 11:20 PM
Post #6

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, DannysMom, LoveMyMickey, and Angelinda. Thank you so very much for your outpouring of love and concern for my precious Noah and me. No words can begin to adequately express the comfort I feel in your thoughts and prayers.

I visited my precious Noah for about 1.5 hours - - almost until the time when the vet office was about to close. Dr. Neal showed me the results of his barium x-rays. The tumor is elsewhere in his body that has grown to the point where it is now collapsing a section of his intestine - - which is now causing him to exhibit symptoms. The surgery tomorrow will be exploratative and to determine the extent of the mass. I told Dr. Neal that I want a DNR on his chart and that if the tumor is indeed as invasive as it shows on the x-rays and that his quality of life would be severely diminished that I do not want him to wake up. She gently told me that this was a wise decision, and reassured me that Dr. Buckland is "the best" veterinary gastric surgeon in the entire region. Dr. Buckland does surgery in the afternoons between 1 and 4 p.m., so it may be late tomorrow afternoon before I know if my precious boy has a chance at recovery - - or if this evening is the last time I have seen him during his living earthly journey.

This house is so empty without his precious energy. Today I looked out the big basement window and remembered how full of life it once was with my beloved Oslo, my number one kitty son Eli, my precious Noah, and beloved beautiful baby girl Abbygayle. I know my precious little boy has been very lonely without his housemates - - particularly his beautiful baby sister Abbygayle and his big adopted kitty brother Eli. It has been 2.5 years since his baby sister joined the angels - - leaving him to be the sole survivor in a household that once enjoyed four furkids - - including my precious Noah. It has been a fear in my haert that I would lose my precious Noah - - a normal paranoia that accompanies grief when one has experienced multiple losses particularly in a short period of time. So to a certain extent I am not surprised that he is now closer to joining his fur family members in eternal joy - - but this does not diminish the deep sorrow in my heart.

I can't believe it's after Midnight already - - I have no desire to sleep. It's hard sleeping when your bed is empty - - no precious furchild to cuddle. I am soooo glad I was able to leave the "pit" in April and spend these precious 5.5 months with my precious, precious baby boy. And I am sooo glad that I do not have a job that I have to try to focus on so that I can focus on him - - and devote my energy for him should God answer my prayer - - and each of your prayers - - that he come through the surgery okay - - that the involvement is not as bad as it looks on the x-rays - - that he will have a safe and speedy recovery, that his quality of life will be a good one for as long as possible.

As I'm writing to you I can hardly see what I'm typing through swollen tear-filled eyes, but I know each of you understand what I am going through, and I deeply and sincerely thank each of you for your comforting support and encouragement. I will let you know how things go tomorrow.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 24 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #7

Dear moon_beam, I am so sorry that you are going through this, that your precious Noah is going through this. But please, don't give up just yet. It may look bad, but things can always turn around. Never limit what God can do. Things may look impossible, but with God all things are possible. I pray that your precious Noah will have a chance and that he will recover. We all wish him well. Please get enough rest tonight. God bless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 25 2012, 08:52 AM
Post #8

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for the comfort of your encouragement and support. I called the vet office this morning and asked them to please save Noah's fur when they shave his tummy for surgery this afternoon. The receptionist, Amy, said she would let the surgical nurse know right away.

About a year ago I started a journal for Noah - - from his point of view - - of what his life has been like. I call it "A Kitty's Journal." Last night I worked on it some more. Eventually - - whenever - - his journal will be converted into a Memorial Video - - but I am so hoping and praying that will not have to be any time in the near future. Working on his journal is comforting because it keeps me focused on his LIFE - - which I hope has been a happy life so far, and with God's blessings - - a happy life still here with me. He truly has always been a happy natured little fellow - - a true friend and comfort to all of his family members - - the nurturer. His name fits him so well - - Noah Terrence which means "Provider of Comfort, Tender." I am sooooo grateful for having him these past 9 years - - and to be blessed to be his earthly guardian. There is NEVER enough time with our precious furkids on this side of eternity.

I love you, my precious baby boy - - far beyond what any words can express. You are always with me - - you are always and forever a heartbeat close to me - - my precious, precious Noah. If my love could make you well again, my love, so that we can enjoy more time together my heart would be profoundly ecstatic. But my love - - even with its most selfish wants and wishes - - is focused on what is best for you. I will never be "prepared" to send you home to the angels, my love - - but if this is best for you then know that I will release you from your earthly journey with all my heart and love - - even though my heart will be breaking for a very long time. And if I must send you home to the angels sooner than what my heart hopes and prays for, I will continue to honor you, my love, the very best I can.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Angelinda
post Sep 25 2012, 09:56 AM
Post #9

Dear Moon Beam,

Thank you so much for updating all of us, and also expressing your feelings about Noah. Those are such beautiful and poignant words you expressed to him. The tears just flowed out of my eyes as I read your heartfelt, loving words to your precious baby. I am so sorry you’re going through this, and my heart felt so heavy as I read your words. I agree with Danny’s mom, though, that with God all things are possible. My husband and I held hands this morning and prayed for Noah, and also for God to comfort you and give you strength. I know others are also praying these same things for you, and are hoping that Noah would be healed and have more time to spend with you.

I know, too, that you want the best for Noah, and a good quality of life. But if there is a chance to pull through and have that quality, you'd rather Noah be with you a bit longer. I know that we all have a certain time on this earth, but it never seems like we have enough time with our furkids. It’s as you said, “There is NEVER enough time with our precious furkids on this side of eternity.”

Hang in there Moon Beam and know that we’re all here for you and for your precious Noah.

Love, Angelinda

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Sep 25 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #10

Dear moon_beam

I too got teary reading your heart felt words to Noah. As much as I appreciated the DVDs of your other precious fur kids, I SO hope you don't have to make another one any time soon. Last night when I was lighting the first of 2 candles I burn every night, I said a silent prayer for Noah. I enlisted Theresa and Tang in this as well; silly as that may sound.

You have offered so much of your time, love and compassion to all of us here, and I know that we all are praying for Noah to come through this safe and sound. As I'm doing my work today, my prayers and thoughts are with you both.

Blessings.

Tracy

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Sep 25 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #11

Dear moon_beam,

I, too, am crying reading your words of love to Noah. The journal sounds nice, and I hope it won't be a memorial journal for a long time.

You both have constantly been on my mind and I have been praying hard. Like the others here have said, all things are possible with God. Thank you moon_beam for keeping us updated and I am looking forward to good news later. (((((HUGS)))))

Love and Blessings,

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 25 2012, 03:22 PM
Post #12

Forum Moderator

Dear DannysMom, Angelinda, Tracy, LoveMyMickey, and friends, my precious Noah and I are deeply touched by your outpouring of compassionate friendship for us. I am ever so thankful to share the news with you that he is still with me, praise God. He has answered our prayers - - miraculously. Today was Dr. Neal's day off, but she went into the hospital specifically to oversee Noah's surgery. She called me while Dr. Buckland was closing the incision. NO TUMORS!!! His colon had collapsed into itself at that particular part of his intestine - - for some unknown reason - - nothing obvious seen during the surgery. Dr. Buckland did NOT have to open Noah's colon - - all he had to do was untwist it from around itself and once he did that - - his little solid waste emission system began to immediately work. NO SIGNS OF GANGRENE. The surgical nurse called me a few minutes ago to let me know that Noah is coming out of the anesthesia fine - - he is awake and following the activities in the recovery room. I can visit him tomorrow after 10 a.m. I don't have a discharge home date yet, but barring any post-op complications, I suspect it won't be any earlier than Thursday, probably Friday, that he will be coming home.

My heart is soaring right now - - he still has a long recovery ahead of him, but I praise God for His infinite mercy - - including that I can stay home with him 24 / 7 to take care of him. He still has a long recovery ahead of him, but the prognosis is greatly improved at this point.

Thank you ever so much for your prayers, my dear friends, and for your compassionate support and sincerely appreciated friendship. I will continue to let you know how he is doing in his recovery.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Sep 25 2012, 04:04 PM
Post #13

moon_beam

I am SO happy to hear that Noah didn't have a tumor smile.gif What you describe almost sounds not unlike a hernia - serious, but NOT a tumor. YAY! Will you be able to visit him while they keep him at the hospital? I'm sure that would be good for you both. I'm so very glad to hear that he came through OK. It would seem God has answered all our prayers. But don't discount Noah's own strong will to live and spend more time with you his forever mom. I'll check in again when I get home from work.

~HUG~ (And extra pats for Noah)

Tracy

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Angelinda
post Sep 25 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #14

Dear Moon Beam,

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful news!! This is indeed a miracle!!! Praise God! Yes, He has definitely answered all our prayers!

Right now I’m crying, but no longer from a heavy heart. I’m crying from tears of joy! I bet you can hardly wait to see and be with your precious Noah again. Like everyone else who has commented, I’m just so happy to hear that Noah had ‘No Tumors’ and that he is coming out of the anesthesia just fine.

I can just imagine how happy Noah will be when he awakens and sees you there, stroking his face and peppering him with light kisses.

Blessings and peace and {{{hugs}}} to both you and your precious baby! Angelinda

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 25 2012, 06:05 PM
Post #15

Dear moon_beam, I am relieved, overjoyed and thankful for this wonderful answer to prayer! There is never a time when we may not hope in God, and I give thanks for His love for little Noah and for you. Words just cannot express how happy I am for you and your precious little boy! smile.gif I will continue to keep you and Noah in prayer. I hope you can bring your sweet little kitty boy home soon.

Hugs,
DannysMom

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Sep 25 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #16

Dear moon_beam,

Oh I am sooooo happy that Noah didn't have a tumor! Thank the Good Lord! I have tears of joy right now and would do a "happy dance" if I could......I will continue to pray for his complete recovery.

(((((HUGS))))

Much Love to You and Noah, wub.gif

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Sep 26 2012, 07:18 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 7,430

To moon_beam

I have just caught up with the horrible thing you have ad to go through the last few days. I am so happy to hear that it is not the worst case scenario. You were very brave to except it was best to let him go if it was too bad for him and of course it just shows how much you love your Noah. I am so glad to hear that they did not find anymore tumors though.

I send my love and support however though for him to keep getting better and hopefully he will join you very soon back home.

Please keep us updated.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 26 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #18

Forum Moderator

Hi, Angelinda, DannysMom, Forever, LoveMyMickey, Tracy, and friends. I thank you ever so much for your comforting care and support and prayers on behalf of my precious Noah during this time of crisis. I keep thinking about what Dr. Neel was saying last Friday when she examined him that except for the X-rays and bouts of vomitig - - looking at hiim you'd never know there was anything wrong - - he never cried once when he used his kitty latrines - - but from the X-ray you could tell he was in pain.

I visited with him this morning for about 20 minutes or so, and Dr. Neel spoke with me. He was running a low grade fever this morning so they were giving him fluids to help bring his temperature back to normal - - which had begun before I arrived at the hospital. He is alert but not very comfortable as you can imagine having your belly sliced opened. He isn't eating solid food - - which is a concern but yet understandable still at this point. I have plenty of syringes on hand to liquify his food for him if needed. Thank goodness they did NOT put a feeding tube in him like what the vet did with Eli.

Dr. Neel wants to discharge him home this evening with the IV catheter still in place just in case he needs to be readmitted if he doesn't start eating on his own by tomorrow. If he does begin eating, then I can take him back tomorrow to have the catheter removed. As for the post-op fever, that's not too worrisome at this point in time - - it's almost a given for the first 24 hours post-surgery for major surgery. So, in just a short while I will be going back into town to bring my little boy home. God is merciful - - and I thank Him for letting my precious Noah and me still have some time together on this side of eternity

I am so sorry that I haven't had an opportunity to properly respond to forum topics, and until Noah is more stable in his recovery my time will be limited to letting you know how he's doing, so I hope and pray you will understand knowing that each of you are always close in thought and prayer.

I do so sincerely thank each of you for your cherished friendship. Words cannot begin to express how much your care and concern means to me. I will let you know how my precious Noah is doing as he continues in his recovery.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Sep 26 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #19

moon_beam

I just read your email. And as I said there, I am so happy Noah is coming home. I hope he is not too uncomfortable having to keep the cath in and that it ulimately becomes unnecessay. The good news is he gets to go home with you his forever mom today. And you do not need to feel at all bad about not posting to other forums with what you have been through. If anything, I feel there should have been more support for you on here. You just focus on helping your precious Noah get better. I think I can speak for us all that this truly was a miracle that you both very much deserved.

~HUGS~

Tracy

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 26 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #20

Dear moon_beam, so glad to hear that you can take little Noah home tonight. I hope that the fluids helped to bring his fever down and that he will be eating on his own soon. You may try giving him some Nutri-cal, that should help if he is willing to take it. You could also try some baby food as long as it does not have any onions or garlic in any form, or some boiled chicken.

I do pray that Noah will recover fully and that he will be back to his old self really soon. What he needs is probably plenty of rest to recover from the surgery. Does the vet know why this has happened and could it happen again? They sure hide their pain so well. I'm glad that you were able to get him to the vet right away when you noticed something was wrong. We all wish him well.

Hugs,
DannysMom

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:40 AM