358 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome Tang, New Beginnings
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 4 2011, 11:38 AM
Post #41

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,071

Hi Tom....I'm glad the AC is working. After all you want to have "cool cats". That is so sweet, Tang and Theresa wanting to be close to dad, but not too close to each other.

Yes, the angelversaries are the saddest times. I glance at the clock every afternoon at the time Mickey passed at 4:45. I was posting it in my Bible the other day and saw that Annie, our last dog passed at the same time, 4:45. I didn't remember that until I saw it.

I hope you and your furbabies have a good day and keep cool. You all are in my thoughts and prayers always...God Bless...

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 4 2011, 02:37 PM
Post #42

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Tom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your fur tribe are doing. So glad to know that the AC is back up and running, and hope that it stays that way.

So o ooo o very glad you have two kitty kids sleeping with you now. What a WONDERFUL joy that is!!!! This is such good news, Tom, and I know you are enjoying this immensely. Our furkids do have a way of seeking out their "space". And I'm so o o o happy that your little Tang is becoming more confident in knowing that he has a FOREVER HOME with his FOREVER DAD and FOREVER SISTER. And your sweet precious Theresa will ALWAYS have her daddy's heart, and she knows this.

I know your precious Sir Thomas' 6 month angelversary is coming up, and I know this will be one of many mixed emotions. I hope you will know that your Sir Thomas is VERY PROUD of you, Tom, and is so o o o very thrilled that you have given little Tang a happy, loving home. But you will ALWAYS have your sweet Sir Thomas' precious Living Spirit with you in your heart and your memories, and a place in your heart that belongs only to him.

Thank you again, Tom, for sharing how things are going for you and your sweet Theresa and little Tang, and for sharing your preious Sir Thomas with us. I hope today is treating you and your fur tribe kindly, and that you and your fur kids will have a wonderful weekend. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers, Tom, and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 4 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 6,946

Thanks for the well wishes. I had to go by the vet today when I was out doing grocery to get some ointment for Tang's eye. Right eye, left ear - at least there is some symetry to that I told the nurse (sigh) But given all he's gone thru, I should thank my lucky stars he's in as good of health as he is. AC continues to hum along which is good considering they came for the window unit yesterday. Theresa is accepting that her daddy still loves her and Tang continues to be my orange shadow LOL. Have a pleaseant weekend all.

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 5 2011, 08:56 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 7,067

Hi Tom

Thank you so much for sharing the step by step story about Tang-y coming into your family. Watching someone who's farther along on the journey is inpiring and hopeful for those of us who are still toward the beginning. Working out the "who's who" and "do we (still) love each other" was a great and educating saga. I adopted a new dog, Rufus (another story), about a month after my beautiful Gretta girl passed. Guilt about disloyalty struck like a brickbat! Following your story about Tang helped guide me along the newness path. I'll add Rufus's story to my original Gretta thread soon.

Thank you for showing the way, my friend.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 5 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #45

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, thank you so much for letting us know how you and your fur tribe are doing. I'm sorry that your little Tang is having challenges with his eye and ear. But he is blessed to have you for his FOREVER DAD because he knows he is loved and will be taken care of at all times and in all circumstances.

I hope you, your precious Theresa, and your little Tang will have a very peaceful day and a blissful evening. Please know you and your fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, Tom, and look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 5 2011, 05:59 PM
Post #46

QUOTE (Gretta's Mom @ Jun 5 2011, 09:56 AM) *
Hi Tom

Thank you so much for sharing the step by step story about Tang-y coming into your family. Watching someone who's farther along on the journey is inpiring and hopeful for those of us who are still toward the beginning. Working out the "who's who" and "do we (still) love each other" was a great and educating saga. I adopted a new dog, Rufus (another story), about a month after my beautiful Gretta girl passed. Guilt about disloyalty struck like a brickbat! Following your story about Tang helped guide me along the newness path. I'll add Rufus's story to my original Gretta thread soon.

Thank you for showing the way, my friend.

Gretta's mom

Gretta's Mom - I'm happy our story helped. I feel like Tang was indeed brought my way by Sir Thomas as you may come to feel Rufus was led your way by Gretta. Yes, there is a certain amount of guilt, but I think the joy that I have felt in caring for this little guy has made it worth the journey. I hope you will have similar feelings, and look forward to hearing about Rufus.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 7 2011, 08:04 PM
Post #47

Well, I made a huge blunder last night. I was playing with Theresa in the bedroom with an old boot lace she likes to play with. Tang came along and decided he wanted to go a few rounds too. I tried to get them both engaged, but Theresa would have none, and skulked away. Later I was in the living room and noticed the laser pen on the coffee table (Theresa's absolute favorite game) and wanted to see if he would like it too (Tom had no interest) Sure enough, he attacked the dot with gusto. Suddenly, Theresa came bounding from behind the blinds to the balcony sliding door and walloped him as if to say "HEY THAT'S MINE!" He looked horrified trying to figure out what he'd done wrong and Theresa ran off looking hurt. I settled him down and went to find Theresa, I assured her it was not Tang's fault, but mine, and that I was sorry forgetting that was her favorite game which we had not played in a long while. I promised to buy another one so they could each have their own. Somrtimes I forget how much like human children they can be (sigh)

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 8 2011, 06:46 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 7,067

Hi Tom's dad

Oh my yes, they ARE like human children! The new baby syndrome! Looks like Theresa needs some extra TLC - poor girl - her best friend disappears and now this little interloper gets all the attention and JUST WON'T GO AWAY! Tom, time to send down some extra love-beams to your sis, Theresa. Let her know that love is infinite and indivisible - and if she doesn't get those high falutin' words just tell her that there's millions of love in the world and that her da - and your dad - has SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much that it will never go down no matter how much he gives away - to her or anyone else. Tell Ms. Theresa that love is NOT a zero-sum game (huh?) or that it's like a bucket with a hole in it that keeps getting refilled faster than it drains out.

Have a good day with the 'kids' and thanks so much for sharing this continuing saga.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 8 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #49

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa and little Tang are doing. Please don't fret about playing with Tang. Your precious Theresa knows you love her, and Theresa and Tang are still figuring out the boundaries. I must confessed I smiled when you wrote about Tang's reaction to Theresa's reaction about his playing with the laser light: "He looked horrified trying to figure out what he'd done wrong . . " My Noah would get this very sorrowful look on his face and look at me as if to say "I only wanted to play." It was usually Abbygayle who had unleashed the insult and injury - - a scratch on Noah's nose - - to emphasize the point that she was NOT in the mood to rough house. I know your precious little Tang surely appreciated your comfort that everything is okay, and your precious Theresa appreciated your reassurance as well.

I hope today has been a good one for you and your precoius fur tribe. It's been a hot one here today in the upper 90's with a 102 heat index. UGH. I hope your A/C is working as well as the one here is. I hope you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful evening, and look forward to knowing how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 8 2011, 07:25 PM
Post #50

Thanks all for the well wishes. Well, here it is 06/08/2011 - exactly 6 months to the day Sir Thomas crossed the Rainbow Bridge. It's also a Wednesday sad.gif the same day of the week as 12/08/2010 - I have thought of Tom today, but not in the obsessive sadness that was the norm up until about a few weeks ago. Yes, I realize that's about when little Tang found his way into my life. As much as I feel Tom is responsible for this, I think I may be beginning to understand his motive. I think he wants me to stop being sad all the time and remember him in all the loving good times we had in those all to brief 5 1/2 years. And, I have started doing that. In bringing Tang into my family and working with Theresa to assure her that she is still loved very much, I have been able to focus on Tom in more positive memories. Part of me feels guilty for not thinking of him all the time with tears - but perhaps this is not what he wants for me or for himself in his new existance.

Rest in Peace my dearest Thomas. Thank you for the happy times and for the gift of a new family member. You were a good boy :'(

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 8 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #51

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, thank you so much for sharing your and your precious Sir Thomas' "angel-versary" with us. Your precious Sir Thomas is SOO OO O VERY HAPPY that you are now able to think of him with a happy heart, Tom, for this is indeed what he wants for you. And I, too, am so very glad that you are able to embrace one of the greatest gifts your precious Sir Thomas can bring to you - - the gift of a new little fur child for you and your precious Theresa to love and enjoy. And believe me - - even though your precious Theresa "protests" about Tang's presence sometimes she would sorely miss him now if he were not there.

Tom, a part of you will always miss your precious Sir Thomas - - it's a part of your heart that he took with him when he joined the angels. And there is ALWAYS a part of your heart that only belongs to him and can only be filled with him. I assure you, Tom, you will NEVER FORGET your precious Sir Thomas - - NOT EVER. So it's okay to smile again, Tom - - because when you smile, your precious Sir Thomas is smiling, too. And hopefully you can feel the warmth of his sweet Living Spirit continuing to share your earthly journey just as he always has and always will.

Tom, thank you again so very much for sharing with us your precious Sir Thomas, Theresa, and little Tang. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Tom, and look forward to knowing how you and your fur family are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 12 2011, 12:17 PM
Post #52

Hi Tom...Just stopping by to say hello and to see how you and your furbabies are doing. That was a cute story about the laser pen. I'm sure Tom is looking down on you, Tang, and Theresa and having a good laugh. He is happy that you have found some happiness with your new furbaby.

Angel-versaries are especially hard and I hope you are feeling better today. It is a little cooler, so maybe you and furbabies can hang out on the balcony.

Tom, I hope you have a blessed Sunday and a good week ahead. You, Tang, Theresa, and Tom, are in my thoughts and prayers.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 12 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #53

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, just adding my "hello" to LoveMyMickey's and hope this finds you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang thriving. Hope life is treating each of you kindly, Tom. Please know you and your fur tribe are in my thoughts and prayers, and will look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 12 2011, 01:16 PM
Post #54

Thank you LovesMyMickey, moon_beam. Yes, it is cooler so it will definately be cool tonight enough to let them out while watching DVD. I got some more cat nip at the Kroger yesterday while doing grocery - made a new sock which Tang not only plays with but sleeps with like a child with a teddy bear smile.gif Theresa also plays with it when he's not looking LOL - I think I will make a few more and spread them around the apartment as unexpected treats....

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 13 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #55

Hi Tom....Stopping by again to say hello and to see how the furbabies are doing. Yes, you had better make plenty catnip socks so Tang and Theresa don't fight over them. smile.gif I bet they are enjoying them.

Take care and enjoy the cool weather with your precious furbabies....God Bless...

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 14 2011, 08:23 PM
Post #56

Yes, they are enjoying them - Tang still sleeps with the one I made - it's kind of cute. Also enjoying the cool nights to go outsite smile.gif

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 15 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #57

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are doing. Sounds like Theresa and Tang are becoming more used to each other one day at a time. Anymore competitions for daddy's attention? How about the laser light toy - - are Theresa and Tang playing together yet. If not, that's okay - - it just gives each of them - - and you - quality time together - - individually. Does that make sense? I think you get my drift.

I hope today is treating you and your fur tribe kindly, Tom. We are enjoying a bit of a cool down here in Virginia as well, so Noah and I are enjoying having the big basement door open and gated off to enjoy the woodland critters. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how things are going with you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 15 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #58

Thanks moon_beam - The competition is ongoing. Theresa ia aserting herself more (although still shuns daddy hugs) She is sleeping in the bed again even when Tang is there. I'm not ready to open the can of worms that is the laser pen just yet. Yes more "me" time would be nice but taking care of them is a labor of love - and a fitting memorial for Tom. They are starting to play "chase me" games. It's funny to see Tang pounce Theresa much the same way she did Tom (now she knows how he must have felt LOL) I've had to break up a few minor spats when it gets too rough. Another cool night to let them out on the balcony again. Funny thing is while Theresa stays out there the whole time, Tang has seen it as an opportunity to get some extra time with his new dad. I'll keep you all posted....

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 16 2011, 04:32 PM
Post #59

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tom, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you and your fur babies are doing. Sounds like life is settling into a "new normal" for you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang. I'm smiling at the "chase me" games - - I can just picture them, and my little kitty kids used to play them as well. And yeah there were times when I had to say in a very authoritative voice, "hey, knock it off - - enough of that. You guys don't do that sort of stuff to each other" when the play got a bit rough and ears were laying flat against the back of the head. That usually got them to stop for a few moments to realize that what mommy was saying was right, and a few moments later they would be wound around each other grooming and licking and nuzzling each other - - everything was right with their "pride" again.

Hope life treating you and your fur tribe kindly today, Tom. Just one more day to go - - and then another wonderful weekend home with your fur babies. Please know you, your precious Theresa, and little Tang are close in my thoughts and prayers, and will look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 16 2011, 07:50 PM
Post #60

The "chase me" games continue with a twist (for Theresa, anyway) She's used to Tom who was older than her and by that time the diabetes was starting to affect his speed and agilty. Tang is younger, quicker, and amazingly agile. He does this sideways walk almost on his tip toes - almost looks like a boxer sparring. I told poor Theresa the shoe is on the other paw now, huh?. She looked at me as if to say "it stinks getting older, daddy" But, unlike Tom, Tang backs off pretty quickly. Even now they are resting laying not more than about a foot apart from each other on the living room floor. Waiting for me to shower and change into night clothes - becuase they know this means after is treats and the hopes of outside.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post

358 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »