4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting To Know Each Other, talk about yourself
Brutus
post Dec 3 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,235

I thought this thread might be fun. Tell about yourself..whatever you feel comfortable posting on the web.

I am 29..11 years in a row now...no need for a calculator..lol. I am an Air Traffic Controller, my husband is as well but we are at different airports about 70 miles apart. I've been doing this job for 11 years now..only 9 1/2 until retirement! I've been married for 14 1/2 years and we met in college..hubbies name is Doug. We have no children of the human kind. We tried but I couldn't carry, I think that's one reason we are so close to our animals..they are my life. We love to be outdoors...camping, boating, fishing, bow hunting, snow skiing. I also like to tie flies, bowl, read, play piano (which I am not good at).

We have a weekend house that we go to on our days off...we are lucky we have basically the same schedule..it is near a lake..in the summer thats where we are as much as possible.

I am from Pittsburgh, PA..we moved to MI about 12 years ago. All my family is in PA and NC...so just me and the hubby up here.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. If you go to my profile there is a pic of me and Doug..It's nice to put a face with the name.

Anyhow I'd love to hear about you...and see a pic too if you've got one!

--------------------
****Sonya****

In loving memory of my soulmate, Brutus...never forgotten, always missed.

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
Black Lab and best friend
11-22-96 to 11-16-09
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Dec 3 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #2

Thought I would add a few more things while I'm watching the clock waiting to go home from work.

My fav foods are hot wings, steak, cheese, and beer! I despise anything with mushrooms or olives in it. I'm not much into seafood..I will eat some though. I of course hate liver. I am obsessive compulsive slightly when it comes to being organized and cleaning...and of course about my animals. I'm kind of a tomboy kind a girl..work with mostly men and they consider me one of the guys, but I do like to wear make-up sometimes and I love Jewelry and purses...hate dresses. I love to be barefoot. I have 4 tattoos and soon to be another (I am going to get Brutus' name on the top of my foot with a pawprint)...I hate to shop! My bad habits are smoking and not excersizing enough...I eat way too much junk food too. My pet peeves are slow drivers (I am a leadfoot) and lazy people...I am actually quite a loner and my best 'human' friend is my husband...we do everything together.

That's all I can think of right now...hope to hear from some of you.

--------------------
****Sonya****

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
11-22-96 to 11-16-09

+Quote Post
janika
post Dec 4 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,120

Hi Sonya

What a good idea. I think I must be the 'oldie' on here. I am ouch........ 58 years old, thats it I've told you. (I know you've all seen it on my profile , well , thats if you've looked of course).

I have been married.......... to the same man ,Dave, for 37 years. Not bad eh! I have a son aged 32 and a daughter aged 28. I also have a grandson aged 5 (well 6 at christmas) and a granddaughter aged 20 months. Daughter is expecting her third in early February, so thats giving me lots to look forward to.

I have had furry friends sharing my life right from day one as my grandparents bred Sealyham Terriers. Oh how I loved them. There's always been a doggy best friend in my life, right up to this last 3 months . I've also had feathered friends, tropical fish and goldfish. Love kitties but have never had one of my own.
I have been retired for some years now, but worked in the Travel Trade for many years and then as a Nursery School Teacher.
We live about 20 miles from London, on the edge of a beautiful country park. I was born in Yorkshire, but moved south with my parents when I was 11 years old. My parents live in Spain now (lucky things).

My loves are (hubby of course-ha), family, children and animals. I love my red wine(medicinal ) well my doc always says go home now and have a couple of glasses of red wine, so I do as I'm told. Just having a glass now, cheers!!
I would normally say I spend most of my time outdoors walking my dogs, but sadly not now.
I don't want to scare you by posting a photo - unless I can find one that doesn't look too bad. That will be quite a challenge! Also I have to work out how to post pics on here without them being so enormous. Look bad enough in small pics, ha.
Well I'm sorry I haven't anything more interesting to tell you, reading this I think I need to get out more maybe.
Hope I haven't bored you too much.
It's been lovely meeting all you fellow pet lovers on here. Thanks for all the help you've given me these last few weeks.
Love and hugs
Jan x

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Dec 5 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,797

Hi, Sonya and Jan. There's really not that much to tell about myself. I'm 55 years old, married thrice and widowed twice. I let the first one live even after I walked into our apartment when I got off work early one day, caught him with another lady and they were ... Well, that's a whole different story. LOL! But true. Men should be like Kleenex: Strong yet gentle and disposable. Kidding! You do know I'm kidding. I am so bad. LOL.

I love children and animals very much. Also, I love to entertain and, since I have absolutely no talent, what better captive audience than sick people and animals? So, I was a nurse for around 27 years and have worked in Animal Rescue and Rehabilitation for about 30 years. Mostly, I serve gratuitously as a consultant now since having become disabled. Dang, I sure do miss serving in a more active capacity. So very gratifying!

Other than people of all ages and animals of all ages/species, my passions are movies, documentaries regarding just about anything, archaeology, paleontology, study of ancient cultures, physics, astronomy, cosmology (not to be mistaken for cosmetology - lol), forensics, composing poetry, short stories, plus creating and enhancing photos and graphics of all kinds. I have a lot more interests but don't want to write a novel here. Probably my greatest enjoyment is doing my best to comfort others and put smiles on their faces whenever possible be they human or otherwise. As for posting my photo ...

You know that I'm one of those old fashioned kind of Angels ...

So modest, shy, and reserved ...

Sigh ...

Well, all right then ...

I guess so ...

Do permit me a moment to adjust my bustier ...

Okay, I'm ready ...

Gotcha!

Really though, I have a few photos from my mid 40's. I'll find them and post them here.

Great to meet youze guyze!

Big Hugs!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Dec 5 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #5

Jan and Dottie - so glad you posted, was beginning to think no one was going to.

Jan congrats on your soon to be 3rd Grandchild.

And Dottie...love your outfit in that pic! laugh.gif

I too have always been an animal lover, love em' all...there have only been 4 special ones though, all different species, thier passing hit me hard but not like Brutus, he was the most special of all...a raccoon named Scruffy, a horse named Simon, and a cokatoo (had to spell it wrong for the forum to accept it..lol) named Clyde. let me tell you about some of my critters of the past:

I always had dogs and outdoor cats as a kid. The dogs were my father's and were outside hunting dogs. And of course, as a kid I had the parade of rodents...hamsters, mice, guninnea pigs, rats, ferrett...snakes too and tropical fish. This was when I had Scruffy, the raccoon...I was probably around 9 then. Scruffy was found in a garbage can by my father's friend, an Animal Control Officer. Scruffy had been in there with his family and everyone was able to get out but him, he was the runt. He was around 2 weeks old when he was found. We got a permit to have Scruffy and every three hours I would feed him by hand...he would only drink milk out of my hand, no one else's and he would not take from a bottle. Scruffy was the character, let me tell you, he could do tricks, walked exceptionally well on a leash...slept in my bed the majority of the time. After about two years though, Scruffy began to change. Scruffy was a wild animal and as Scruffy got older and quite large, he became not so loveable...he was always fine with me...he would never hurt me..but he did bite my father and when he bit a neighbor kid that was tormenting him, we had to have him put down. He was too tame to be let free, but not tame enough to keep...I was heartbroken.

Around 12 I went through a 4H project of raising a beef cow....didn't go so well, "Porter" (for Porterhouse) was an adorable cow that broke my heart when I had to send him to the butcher. I vowed again to never have livestock of the eatin' kind...don't get me wrong, I eat meat and I love it, but I can't eat an animal I've known...will never ever do it again. Also around that time I had ducks, bunnies, racing pigeons.

Early teens to early to mid twenties: came the horses, had 4 in all throughout that time and the one equine love of my life, Simon...I was about 17 when Simon found me. Simon was a standardbred off the track...we found him at a borders barn covered in filth and almost dead..the border hadn't paid for his stall in months and the owner of the stable moved Simon outdoors to an open barn like and he was starved to death, he could hardly stand...my father and I went with our hearts and bought him for a measly $300, papers and all. It took months to get Simon in riding condition and I spent every waking moment with that horse. Once healthy, we rode every single day just about for 5 years until he started getting sick. It started with colic and went down hill over a few months, the ultimate diagnoise was multiple organ failure...due to being starved earlier in his life, he was only 12. Simon was euthanized and burried on my parents farm. After Simon left, I sold all my horses, just didn't have the desire anymore.

Also around equine time, I got into parrots. I had an African Grey, Amazon, cokatiels, parakettes, and a Moluccan cokatoo named Clyde. (The Grey and Amazon were techinically my Mom's) Clyde was the feather love of my life. Clyde was about 2 when I got him, not tame...that bird could take a broom stick and snap it in half with his beak with no effort what-so-ever. But it only took me about a month and Clyde was so sweet...he would sit on my shoulder and kiss me for hours...he loved everyone but I was his Mom. Clyde never did speak, he didn't really have a chance...after about a year and a half of me being blessed with Clyde, he got sick. Slowly he deteriorated and was so weak he couldn't even eat...I had to feed him mush through a syringe. We never did ever really find out what was wrong with Clyde...back then there were no specialized vets in our area and parrots are hard to treat animals. We had tests done, but nothing ever showed up. When Clyde weighed just 1/2 lbs (he should of been over 2 lbs), we made the decision to end his suffering. Clyde is burried beside Simon at my parents farm.

After Scruffy, Clyde and Simon left I had no interest in animals...I vowed never again would I get that attached and I didn't want animals to complicate my life. My Mother did buy me a coker spaniel (again misspelled for the forum to accept) for my 21st birthday but he ended up being my Dad's soul dog. I got married and moved away from home, leaving the spaniel for my dad.

I went animalless for the first time time in my life...(other than fish)..it was less than two years..

Doug and I lived in an apartment for a year when we first got married, then we found out we were being moved to MI for our jobs...we didn't want to sign another lease, so we moved in with my parents for 6 months until the transfer took place. Here comes Brutus....Doug wanted a lab to take hunting and train while we were staying at my parent's farm. When I saw him I instantly fell in love...he was so big and clumsy...he was the only one left for sale in the litter, seems he was too large for what most hunter's want that's why she still had him at 3 months old. Well, Brutus never did end up being a hunting dog, instead he became my child...and you all know the rest of the story. I was blessed with him for 13 years, may seem like a long time for a very large lab who had many health complications through his life, but it was not near long enough for me.

Radar the mix, came along when Brutus was about 4, and Radar..aka Chucky...is my husband's soul dog.

Then we moved to a place with more acreage and I started a hobby farm, this was about 6 years ago...I had 4 miniature horses, 2 miniature goats, and lots of chickens..also picked up a green-cheek conure named Chicken...we started traveling alot and I didn't have time to dedicate to the farm animals or the conure so I sold them all about 2 years ago...I miss them all sometime but they were alot of work and were all placed in excellent homes.

Finally we got Tanga...aka Marpoopial...in Feb. of 2009 and he and Radar are best buds.

That takes me up until today...hope you enjoyed my story. Seems that animals were always part of my life for the most part...I have been very blessed by them for sure!

Hugs to all,
Brutus' Mom

--------------------
****Sonya****

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
11-22-96 to 11-16-09

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Dec 5 2009, 02:16 PM
Post #6

Wanted to add..every animal I've had through my life has made a lasting impression on me, especially my soulmate ones. I often wonder who I'd be today if I hadn't had the experience of caring for them (and them caring for me)...I attribute all my good qualities to them..my bad ones I blame on my parents..just kiddin'..lol. I am greatful to each and every one of them and to my parents for letting me have such rich experiences. smile.gif

Sometimes we all get sad thinking of our critter soul partners that had to move on but boy aren't we all a lucky group when you think about it...we have been so blessed by our animals...some people never get to experience the love, devotion, loyalty and hapiness that we all have...and because of that we are all very special in God's eyes..I just know it!

..and Dottie...I didn't realize how big your..ummm..wings are! wink.gif

Brutus' Mom

--------------------
****Sonya****

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
11-22-96 to 11-16-09

+Quote Post
janika
post Dec 6 2009, 03:09 AM
Post #7

You are so right there Sonya. All my Animal Soul mates have brought so much to my life too. Right from seeing the Sealyhams being born at grandparents house as a baby and young child. All of them so special in their own way each teaching me something more about life and love and sadly loss. I am so thankful that I shared my life with each and every one of them. God bless them, they are still bringing so much joy even when they've sadly left us. All the happy memories and we mustn't forget how they found us new friends by us coming to share our sadness on this forum. They are still working their magic and always will, because they are what made us what we are...... yes Sonya with a little help from our parents of course LOL.

And I must add I agree on another point , Dottie what a magnificent pair...........................

of wings !!!!!!

Love and hugs
Jan x

+Quote Post
madi
post Dec 6 2009, 07:43 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 6,207

Just thought I would tell you guys about a man I met this evening while at a friend's place. He is visiting him daughter from Western Australia and he was telling us this amazing story about the relationship that he shares with his miniature horse. This beautiful creature has lived in the house with him for years and he is his best mate. They hang out all day together and eat their dinner every evening in front of the TV while watching the Simpsons. When the horse wants to go to the toilet, he opens the sliding doors and goes outside to his "corner" where he has his spot to do his business in and then comes back in again. When he gets tired he wanders out to his stable for the night and stays there until 6am the next morning, he then opens the sliding doors comes back in and goes into the bedroom to wake the guy up for breakfast. They eat at the kitchen table, the horse always has a bowl of carrots for his breakfast. The horse unlocks doors opens gates and goes shopping and when this man works on his vehicles the horse pushes a box over and puts his front lets on it so that he can see what he's doing. There are numeous other things this amazing animal does, but I can't recall all of them at the moment. This guy seemed like a pretty rough and ready sort who looked like he could really take care himself and it made me feel so warm to think there was such a kind heart underneath that exterior. The horses wither height stands at 32 inches, so he is a little fellow, I hope he brings him over with him one day when he is visiting. That reminds me of one more thing, he built him a special trailer complete with carpet and all the trimmings, plus he has a mirror set up so that he can see what the horse is up to while he's travelling. I hope you get as much out of this story as I have, it made my day, I love happy animal stories.

madi xx

+Quote Post
janika
post Dec 6 2009, 08:01 AM
Post #9

Oh Madi
What a wonderful story. That has cheered me up. I can just picture them both, what a wonderful relationship they have.

Not a good day, up to reading your story. As you say in one of your postings, think the time of the year is making things more unbearble for us being without our babies, but they wouldn't want us to be sad.

Thinking of you

Love Jan x

+Quote Post
madi
post Dec 6 2009, 08:02 AM
Post #10

I may share my secrets with you all if I can find a photo of myself that looks a good as "Dottie"

madi xx

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Dec 6 2009, 08:10 AM
Post #11

The minis are capable of alot...at least some of them. There are even advocates of them leading the blind. I will say it takes alot of patience and a special horse to do as you mentioned. All mine did was eat and poop..alot! They are cool though..also little brats if they are not properly trained. Mine ranged from 28"-34"...my intent was to drive them and do alittle showing.

They are less than a quarter the weight of the average horse so you would think that they eat and crap a quarter of a horse...NOT. I swear they eat and poop just as much...I do miss them sometimes. I had one named Percy and he was so loveable..had gorgeous baby blue eyes...he was my fav...when he saw me he would run to the fence and whinney until I came to see him..he was a sweetheart. I think he may of been capable of alot if I had the time to spend with him.

--------------------
****Sonya****

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
11-22-96 to 11-16-09

+Quote Post
madi
post Dec 6 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #12

Yes, I will be glad when Christmas is over, which is awful because I love Christmas usually. I'm scared I won't cope if I'm sad and my house will be full of people who are expecting me to be my usual happy self. I haven't put my tree up yet, or wrapped any presents, perhaps when my grand children arrive for the holidays I will get a bit of motivation. You people here are the only ones who understand.

madi xx

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Dec 6 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #13

No tree for us this year..we just dont feel like it this year..sigh..

Brutus LOVED unwrapping gifts...he enjoyed tearing the paper to pieces...if my husband and I were unwrapping something he would run over and try to help. And of course he had his own to unwrap..he usually wasn't to concerned about what was in the paper..he just wanted the paper! He was such a goof.

Last night I finished up my shopping..did all my shopping for everyone in a total of 2 1/2 hours and 2 trips to the same store. I do hate to shop but for Christmas gifts I'd always go the extra mile and really try to personalize the gifts and get something that the recipient would really love. I lazied out this year..lots of gift cards..not my usual thing but I am just not in the Christmas spirit so I completely understand.

--------------------
****Sonya****

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
11-22-96 to 11-16-09

+Quote Post
madi
post Dec 6 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #14

The guy said he has taught the horse nothing, it is this horses natural nature apparently. Such a loving animal with a beautiful soul, a real "soul mate" They just come along in all shapes and forms these special "soul mate" animals and sometimes we are lucky enough to meet up with them.

madi xx

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Dec 6 2009, 05:27 PM
Post #15

Hi Sonya, Madi and Jan. So true that Christmas and other holidays without our fur kids are so difficult for us. You know those bows you buy in plastic bags where you just peel off the wax paper type of thing on the back and then stick them on the packages you've wrapped? I used to love sticking those bows all over Buddy dog and Styx kitty, but not Alex parrot because I knew that would freak him out. Buddy loved it and Styx didn't care one way or the other. So much fun. Alex enjoyed watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade every year and appeared to enjoy the Mummers much more than the giant balloons. Perhaps it's because the Mummers wore those really festive costumes and danced a whole lot. Oh, Alex loved that so much. Styx kitty slept pretty much through it all while I petted him and Buddy. Buddy appeared to enjoy the all holiday TV shows, too. It's really difficult to tell with Buddy dog's blank expression on his face most of the time. LOL.

Alex also loved watching Christmas parades on the TV as well as the dozens of Youtubes I have of houses and lawns flashing in time to music. I think his favorite was the award winning one that flashed in time to the song called "Wizards of Winter" by the Trans Siberian Orchestra. No words, just awesome music. Alex only got to see this one several times during the one year since it was posted at Youtube in 2006 and he was abducted October of 2007. Still, he loved it so much that I played it for him many times even after the Christmas season was over. Let me go fetch that one so you'll see why it would be fascinating to practically any bird. You'd know about that, Sonya. I read about your African Grey, Amazon, cockatiels, parakeets, and a Moluccan cockatoo named Clyde. I am so sorry he got sick. Hugs!!! Well, here's the one that Alex loved so much and I know you will, too. Please turn up your volume and click below. Do watch to the very end as it just gets better and better. Absolutely amazing synchronization of the lights to the music. Wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLmAPW39uE

Alex loved this one also. It's the Trans Siberian Orchestra opening their show with Wizards in Winter live from MSG in 2005. Caution! If you have any type of seizure disorder whereby flashing lights such as those from a strobe light will cause you to have a seizure, please do not view this video. I'm not kidding this time. You'll see that I've put this in bold and underlined it. Please pay heed. Thank you. Unfortunately, I only watched this one with Alex parrot one time since viewing these types of flashing lights can bring on a seizure with me. No, I didn't have a seizure that one time, but didn't want to push my luck and take the risk of watching it again. So, whenever I'd play it for Alex as he sat on my right shoulder, I'd cover my eyes and turn my head while he enjoyed since he loved it so much. Please click on the link below the picture ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSHSzGzqwfs

Alex never got to see this one but I know he'd have loved it very much, so I'm putting it here just for him. Hope youze guyze don't mind the redundancy. Thank you and Alex thanks you! The same seizure caution holds true for the following video due to the very bright, colorful, flashing lights. Again, no. I'm not kidding. And here it is even better than the last one. Shot at the Trans Siberian Orchestra Concert/Tour. LIVE in Toronto, Canada on November 12, 2009 at The Air Canada Center. SET #2 Song: "Wizards in Winter." So very wonderful! Ooo and Ahhh ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8fI1SYCuUM

Hope youze guyze enjoyed. Ain't that something? Like I said, "Wow!"

Madi, I read about your friend and his miniature guide horse. How wonderful! What a dear, sweet, compassionate, intelligent, loving companion! Many times miniature horses are a perfect alternative to guide dogs due to the person having allergies, possible phobia of dogs or other reasons.

Here are a couple great Websites about miniature guide horses with some lovely photos and information as well ...

http://www.guidehorse.org/

http://bridlepath.wordpress.com/2007/01/27...-for-the-blind/

Next: Please watch to the very end. Patches is not a miniature horse but he's cool as heck and sure enjoys the wind in his mane while riding in that car to get cheeseburgers at the local drive through. I love the way that car is painted, how Patches sits on the sofa watching TV with those two, fetches beer, answers the phone and covers himself up to sleep in bed. Awww!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teHfyby_veU

Well, that's all for now. See ya soon.

Many Comforting Hugs to all and your Angel Fur and Feather Kids!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
madi
post Dec 7 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #16

Hi Dottie, Jan and Sonya,

Dottie, I have been laughing all day, even while stacking hay in the shed, which usually takes all my energy to just keep breathing. When you said you stick stickers all over Styx and Buddy at Christmas time, I just cracked up. Plus, I know how funny it is when you have a dog with an expressionless face, the beagle we had years ago was like that, never knew whether he was happy or sad as he always looked the same, even when we made a big fuss of him. We used to say "the lights are on but there's nobody home" Those youtube clips are amazing, I can just imagine little Alex enjoying them Dottie. What a cute little boy he was. Isn't Patches a treasure, such lucky guys to have him. I thought it really funny when the girl in the drive-through didn't seem unduly concerned or surprised about there being a horse in the car. Did you other girls see them yet?

I miss not having horses around Sonya, I have had a lot in my time, but never had a miniature. Hmm, I should get one now, but I would be way too scared to mention that to my husband, who goes into panic mode when I merely cut through the pet shop on my way to the shopping mall. I have owned a few "special" horses in my time, an Arab called Madi Ashanti, who I always use as my username and Polly a Welsh Mountain pony and Tammy a standard Bred, who was my very first horse. Then there was Brandi, Sooty, Kismet, Smokey, my husband's first horse and Kalib a Shetland pony, who died only a few months ago at the age of 27. I haven't even started on all my daughters horses, but they still own one each.

I am thinking of all you girls at this time, I feel sorry about you not being able to have a tree Sonya, but I do understand, if not for the grandkids, I possibly wouldn't either. Take care.

madi xx

+Quote Post
janika
post Dec 7 2009, 05:39 AM
Post #17

Wow what amazing videos. I just adore Patches, he is soo clever and obviously loves his 'humans'. What a trio they make!
Thanks for those Dottie, you have succeeded in making me laugh and smile yet again.

Love Jan xx

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Dec 7 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #18

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

pinning this post near the top of this forum

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Dec 8 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #19

Hi Madi, Jan and Sonya. So glad you liked the videos. Madi, about the beagle you had years ago that was like Buddy when it comes to having no expression on his face no matter what you did to elicit a smile or ... Something. I'm afraid there's probably no hope for Buddy dog, but beagles are different. Well, did you ever try letting him go for a drive in your car? No, I'm not talking about taking him out for a drive. You see, beagles really love it when ... Here, let me just show you. It's said that one picture is worth a million words. To find what answer is to be, you only need scroll down to see ...

See that smile and happy face? Beagles just love to drive. But, they do tend to speed. Oy.

Psssttt Madi. Make certain to hide your car keys from any and all fur kids. K? K!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Dec 8 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #20

PS. By the way, this is what I posted to Ann last year about the Christmas fun. Hope you enjoy!

<<Snippet>>

Since I live alone and have for years, I never put up any Christmas decorations like I did when I was younger. Oh, I did as much as my budget would afford me to decorate back then. Anyway, for these past several years, I always celebrate Christmas with my fur kids by singing Christmas Carols to them, telling them Christmas stories while I pet, kiss, play with them and give them belly rubs, wrap them in Christmas wrapping paper ... Well, I try to anyway. LOL! And the most fun thing I do is to stick bows of all different colors all over them. You know? The kind you buy on sale that come in clear plastic bags and you just peel off that wax type paper from the back then just stick them to the presents you're wrapping. Those bows.

Styx and Buddy don't mind it a bit but I knew it would freak out Alex so I never stuck any bows on him but he sure loved me singing those Christmas songs. Awww! What a happy bunch of fur and feather kids. smile.gif Well, about two or three years ago but less than four years ago (sorry but those years fly by), I was chatting with a few online friends telling them all about it and they thought it so dear and the wrapping paper and bow sticking part hilarious. Hehehe! Sherry told me I should put a piece of Scotch tape on the bottom of one of Styx kitty's back feet because they act so funny shaking their leg or just dropping to the ground and the like. Ut Oh ... I need to pause. Laughing too hard to type. Oh ... *Pausing* Okay, I'm back ...

Well, I had never heard of anyone doing that. Of course it's not cruel or abusive in any manner at all and doesn't hurt your kitty. What the heck then. I'll try it. OMG! Yes, I'm laughing again. Styx was walking toward the back sliding glass door, I cut off a piece of generic Scotch tape, put it on the bottom of one of his back paws and waited for the show. Ann, I should be flogged with a wet noodle. Poor Styx kitty walked one or two steps, raised that tapped back paw and fell over! OMG!!! LOL!!! No, he was fine. He just went *PLOP!* ... And TIMBER! I cannot stop laughing! LOL! Ann, I was Sooooo Mean! I leaned over, tried to stand him up and get him to walk while I held him from underneath. That kitteh looked like he was high as a kite. Finally he made it about 5 feet away or so to the landing on my staircase. Raised that leg again and ... Plop! Fell right over on his side and he looked sad to me. *Sniffle!*

At that point, I felt so gosh awful guilty that I ran to him, spoke lovingly as I removed the tape, got there on the carpeted stair landing with him, hugged, kissed, petted, scratched his favorite places on his face, ears, neck and belly and kept telling him how sorry I was. Well, I didn't tell the guilt part to Sherry but I did tell her what all Styx did up to him going to the stair landing.

Sherry laughed and laughed. As for me? I did this >>>

Dang, I can't find the photo I used at that time but it was better than the one above. Anyway, I posted the doctored photo that I found in google image search along with a big fib acting like I was upset ... And did that at my message board with the topic title: "Sherry Made Me Do This To My Kitty Styx!" Then I sent out a mass mail to all the board members about it and ...

LOL!!! Sherry laughed Sooooo Hard and some members took it seriously because the Photoshop picture I did use looked very real and also looked almost identical to my Styx kitty.
It was a riot and a grand time was had by all. True story. Word! LOL!

Love You Oodles and Boodles, Ann!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

<<End Snippet>>

Me again. Like I said before, I am so bad! LOL!

Big Hugs to all and your Angel Fur and Feather Kids!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:00 PM