IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rat Poison Found In Tainted Pet Food!, NEWS CONFERENCE THIS AFTERNOON!
Muffins
post Mar 23 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 245

Hi Everyone:

This pet food issue is becoming even more frightening!

Here's a link to MSNBC:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17754681/

I believe there is going to be a 1pm EST news conference on msnbc.

--------------------
Our Beloved Girl, Ernestine (AKA) "Ernie-Bird"
April, 1984 - February 7, 2004
***AFFA***
Forever, you will ALWAYS live on in our hearts!
DEPARTED FROM EARTH, NEVER FORGOTTEN.... Love, Mom & Dad xoxoxoxoxo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." Immanuel Kant

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight" Albert Schweitzer
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muffins
post Mar 23 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 245

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2975912&page=1&US=true

--------------------
Our Beloved Girl, Ernestine (AKA) "Ernie-Bird"
April, 1984 - February 7, 2004
***AFFA***
Forever, you will ALWAYS live on in our hearts!
DEPARTED FROM EARTH, NEVER FORGOTTEN.... Love, Mom & Dad xoxoxoxoxo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." Immanuel Kant

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight" Albert Schweitzer

+Quote Post
Furkidlets' Mom
post Mar 31 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #3

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 961

I don't have a link for this, but just heard on the news in Canada that NOW HILL'S PRESCRIPTION DRY FOODS ALSO TAINTED AND CAUSING KIDNEY FAILURE!!! Read, re-educate yourselves about commercial foods that aren't highest quality, and CHANGE FOODS for your furbabies' safety!

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Mar 31 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #4

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

thankfully, only one of the varieties has been recalled:

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1809564/posts

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
Furkidlets' Mom
post Apr 1 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 961

That article says Hills is doing this as a precautionary measure, BUT, there already IS at least one cat in Toronto whose vet bills are being paid for by Hills because this cat has bad kidney problems now (almost died), directly linked to Hills' food.

I also heard on the morning news yesterday that ONLY 15 cats had died from eating the various recalled foods.....however, I note that there are already about 4-5 people right here on LS, ALONE, whose animals passed from these foods, so somehow the correct stats aren't getting reported or do%%ented. There are likely many more who, like some people here, now can't provide proof that their animals ate the tainted foods, because they either threw out the 'evidence' &/or didn't get a comfirmation {via autopsy?} from their vets &/or these vets simply aren't reporting suspected cases as they ought to be. (this happens ALL the time with human docs, too, who are bound by law to make such reports, but all too often don't, regardless) If I had an animal who I suspected had died from this, I'd be hounding my vet to report it as a suspected case, regardless of the technicalities of the law. Any general , or even personal public apathy about this will only make matters worse for the animals, both now and in the future.

I think that this is all more wide-spread than anyone wants to realize....and as some, like me, have said...it's probably JUST the beginning.

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>

+Quote Post
Kim R.
post Apr 1 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 892

F's mom,
You're absolutely right!! In our local paper, there was an article about the steps that one has to go through to PROVE that their animal has become sick/died from eating these foods (and maybe others?? I just saw that dusktodawn posted that her food is now included in the recall and IS NOT put out by menu foods!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???? ohmy.gif ) and that so many people went through it before the official recall was even announced. They said that the true number is thought to be in the thousands!! That is just terrible mad.gif sad.gif sad.gif .

I urge people to please change your pets to a safe diet before it's too late. I know that change can be hard...mine haven't eaten anything but dry Eukanuba their entire lives (and that wasn't even on the list), but the realities of the commercial pet food industry was scary enough for me to switch regardless!!

I switched mine to Natural Balance Organic and they love it, but there are way more choices out there than I was even aware of!! If you can't find a supplier of your food of choice, you can even have it automatically delivered to your door from some companies via on-line! All I did to begin my search was type in 'Organic Pet Food' into my search bar and there began my journey ( you could try 'All Natural Pet Food' ,too!)

My heart just breaks for all those effected sad.gif .....

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:45 AM