Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My 3 Babies...
BCrossan
post Jun 7 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,634

Let me start off by saying that I know this is a bit odd and thus why I thought it best to post this topic in here since there are no forums for my exact need, but I had nowhere else to turn and figured I might be able to find some support here. My 3 cats are still alive and well, but I am in the process of looking to place them into a pet shelter.

My 3 cats have been my babies, my kids, my joy and pretty much the only reason I have struggled with life for the past 3 years since losing my job, my marriage and my house. I was given the opportunity to live with my mother (and sadly I'm 45 yrs old), but she wouldn't allow pets in her house so she gave me money to move out to Ohio and I lived there for 2 yrs but after finding a job I had problems with my legs that wouldn't allow me to stand for longer then a few minutes to an hour tops, before the pain was unbearable.

I was then given an apartment to stay in Arkansas with in online friend... but now 6 months later I am being told I have to leave. As I said above... my cats may be alive still, but I have been with them (the oldest) for 6 yrs, the middle one for 5 yrs and the youngest for 3 yrs and the pain I am experiencing is the same, if not greater then that of when my beloved Candy had to be put to sleep just 3 1/2 yrs ago at the age of 8 because of renal failure.

The thought of not having my babies there for me when I wake is just so intense. I find myself crying just thinking of the day they wont be here with me anymore and I feel like I don't want to live without them. Personally I feel this is more painful then when I lost my Candy... though the pain was strong... I at least knew she was in a better place and wasn't living in pain anymore. But this... I feel worse because of not only the grief of my little buddies being with me anymore... but also the grief of things like:

Being stuck in a shelter and them not seeing me anymore and feeling abandoned.

Not being taken care of properly by the shelter or their new owners.

The grief they are experiencing not only with me not there but also not being with each other anymore.

I don't think I deal with this... its too painful.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 7 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, BCrossan, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies with your most distressful situation. I truly am very, very sorry you are having to seriously consider surrendering your precious companions to the shelter. My heart is filled with deep sorrow for you and your precious companions. I am so very, very sorry your circumstances have brought you and your precious companions to this time of misfortune.

I assume you have looked into resources where you are living that would permit you and your precious companions to remain together. Instead of surrendering them to a shelter have you thought about surrendering them to a vet who would try to keep your companions together?

BCrossan, because of tragic events in my life many years ago I was being faced with becoming another homeless statistic and having to surrender my two precious companions who were with me at the time to a shelter for adoption. We went through a very difficult time, but somehow with the grace of God my precious companions and I were able to endure through the extreme hardship. I wish this could be the same for you and your precious companions, but only you know your circumstances and your ability to properly take care of them.

What you are feeling is very normal grief, BCrossan, even though your precious companions are still alive. This is a HUGE loss in your life, as well as theirs, and it is very obvious you love them deeply because of your concern for their well being after you surrender them to another's care. Please know you are not alone in this time of deep sorrow and trauma in your and your precious companions' lives. We are here for you, BCrossan, to share what is in your heart and on your mind as you and your precious companions' journeys take separate paths. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and please do let us know how things go for you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 7 2012, 05:46 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,464

BCrossan, my heart goes out to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I pray that you will be able to keep your three cats with you. Are there any other relatives or friends you could stay with for a while? Please don't give up yet, look for a way to keep your babies with you. In such a time as this you really need them the most as they provide so much comfort, joy, and unconditional love. Believe me, I can fully understand how you don't want your precious cats to go to a shelter. There has to be a way for you to keep them.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
BCrossan
post Jun 7 2012, 07:23 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,634

Unfortunately I have nowhere to turn... no real relatives to speak of. My mother... she wants nothing to do with any pets so even if I could talk my 46 yr old behind back to living with her, the cats are out of the question. And none of my friends are in a position to help me or just my cats. Ugh... rock bottom.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 8 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #5

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, BCrossan, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. Once again I am so very, very sorrow at your and your precious companions' unfortunate circumstances. I'm wondering if your local social service agency would be of any help. Sometimes they have referrals they can make and have a list of resources not normally known in the community. You may also want to speak with a few of the local veterinarians. They may have clients who are willing to do foster care for your companions until you are resettled. This way you can visit your furkids to maintain your family connection. Also, there are some shelters for battered and homeless victims that have resources for companion animals. I helped to start a program like that here in my small community, so it's worth checking out where you live. Unfortunately our society does have an attitude that companion animals are expendable when hardships strike an individual / family. Fortunately, though, some communities are changing this attitude, and I hope you find this true where you are living now.

I do know what it is like being isolated and feeling totally alone. I know how reaching out for help can add to the misery when the responses are negative and non-supportive. Please know you are NOT abandoned. Even if the worst comes to reality that you need to surrender your precious companions to a shelter, please know we are here for you to share what is in your heart and to offer you both our individual and collective support, encouragement, and comfort.

Thank you so very much for sharing your and your precious companions' dilemma with us, BCrossan. I hope today is treating you and your precious furkids kindly, and that I have been able to give you some ideas to follow up on. I hope and pray that somehow you and your precious companions will be able to find a way to stay together. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and please do let us know how things go for you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:17 AM