Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maxwell / The Little General, lost today
cindi
post Dec 10 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 1,440

I have been here before, but not for awhile. I have had losses, because I am a foster Mom to many ill and physically and socially challenged cats. But through it all, I always had Maxwell, my Little General. He came to me in a snow storm four years ago, and stold my heart, and became my Soul Mate! He wasn't a big Tom, dressed in his tux with his big double paws, but he had a great big heart. He has raised sick kittens like he was there Mom, he has help the blind and the sick adapt. The little four legged army of 18 I have in the house where all kept in line by my Maxie. Tonight they are quiet, they all seem to feel his loss. They have I tried to comfort me in their own way, but I can find no comfort. My heart is with my little Soul Mate, as he lays in the dark and cold, holding a favorite toy, waiting for tomorrow, and his trip to Final Gift. He never once appeared sick, if he did he would have been at the Vet in an instant. Friday he was playing,and eating his favorite potato chips, that night he went out of the picture. I took him to the emergency hospital, and yesterday he rallied. This morning he crashed! I have crashed with him, my soul is in pieces. I still can't believe that his cancer was so advanced, but yet he never appeared sick. I guess in that way God was good, he only suffered breifly. My Angel has flown, taking my heart, and the hearts of many of his brothers and sisters with him. Please say a little pray for us, that we will all be together again somewhere in time.

Thank you for the shoulder,
Maxwell's Mom (cindi)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cleo 1
post Dec 10 2007, 02:04 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,757

I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost a cat to cancer last year and it took him very quickly after he was diagnosed, just a month.
There were no signs he was ill he just went off his food and we took him to the vet and he had a massive tumour in his abdomen.

Thinking of you at this sad time.
Cleo 1

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Dec 10 2007, 02:22 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,362

Wow Cindi, I'm so sorry for the loss of Maxwell. I also lost my Bue to cancer, he was diagnosed the same day he died.
I want to commend you for being a foster companion to the kitties/cats. My friend does that too, she now has 8 critters of her own. I told her I could not do it because I would keep them all, I get really attached.

Your rock, Maxwell may be gone physically, but you have him in spirit, he will be your spirit guide. I truly believe that.

Talk to you soon
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
annie's mommy
post Dec 10 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,037

Dear cyndi,

I am so sorry about Maxwell. I know your pain. I lost my Annie less than 2 wks ago to a very advanced cancer that we also were unaware of. How your words of loss resemble my feelings. Your "soul in pieces" is a familiar feeling and your heart going with him...

I wish for you some comfort today and in your days to come. I know how badly you will need it. No one creature can fill the void of one precious, priceless soul.

annie's mommy

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Dec 10 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,876

You have my prayers also. I lost my Little Guy 3 months ago to cancer and know how devastating it can be. I had him over 16 years and I feel blessed for that because that is the longest God has let me have an animal. But he became an emergency within 8 weeks of being off his food. His thread is here in How DO I stop Crying? I haven't found that answer yet. I did 2 tributes to him and his sister in that Section and it makes me feel good when others say it makes them smile seeing his pictures.

I think it is wonderful you are able to give so many a loving home. I'm sorry about your special baby. He sounds so absolutely sweet. Thinking about the feeling of loss we can share just makes me start crying...hard to type through tears. Take Care and visit and talk here. We'll be looking for you.

Maxwell was your Little General. Maybe he left to pave the way since he was always taking care of everyone like a Mom would. It can only be Heaven if we are all together with our loved ones. He is probably sitting on a cloud right now looking down at you, as an angel would.

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post
LuvLabs
post Dec 11 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,847

Cyndi, you have my deepest sympathy in the loss of your fur baby Maxwell. He is now St. Maxwell in Heaven for all that he did while here on earth. He certainly was one amazing cat. I could tell he was a very special cat through your story of him helping the other cats. He really had a purpose when he came to you during that snow storm. It's amazing how our fur babies touch us and others throughout their lives.

May the happy memories you have of Maxie comfort you during this difficult time.

It is a pleasure to have you join our board and God Bless you for caring for animals in need.

Nancy

+Quote Post
Ken Albin
post Dec 11 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 854

Cyndi,

You were indeed fortunate to have had Maxwell in your life, even if for such a brief time. His gift to you all was his compassion. Now Maxwell is enriching the lives of many others at Rainbow Bridge. I am so sorry he had to leave but his memories will always live with you.

Ken Albin

--------------------

Daddy Cat left this world at the age of 17. His tribute page is at Daddy Cat's Tribute Page

+Quote Post
cindi
post Dec 12 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,440

Thank you to all of you for sharing in my grief, and allowing me to share in yours. We all have a hard, long path to follow, and our pace seems ever so slow. We all share many things, love for our lost Furkins, compassion for one another, and this miserable grief that eats at us. Sorry to be such a depressent, but I miss Max more tonight than ever. Thank you again for being there.
Maxwell's Mom Cindi

+Quote Post
Bruce
post Dec 15 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 4,079

Cindi, I wish I had some words to help at this time. Just know you are not alone. I am going through the horrendous grief now as well. I am getting better and you will too. We WILL be reunited with our precious animals when God calls us home. Visit this site often. It has been very helpful in my healing process just knowing everyone on here has gone through or is going through what we are feeling. Take care. Bruce

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:35 PM