Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Please Watch The Size Of Your Photos, 640x480 is best
LS Support
post Jul 14 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #1

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

please keep your photos on the small side, or my host will start deleting them. large photos (some lately have been 2+ megabytes) are also very difficult for people with slower connections to download. i have been resizing and reuploading these myself, but i dont have the time to catch them all.

photos should be sized to be 640x480 or 800x600 at their largest, and be under 400 kilobytes in size.

if you receive an error when uploading a photo, it is because its size or weight is too large.

you can use this handy online tool to remedy the problem, please save it as one of your favorites for future use. :

http://www.splashup.com/splashup/

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
CarissaP
post Sep 1 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,248

why was I able to upload a photo as my avatar then not upload the one I wanted for personal photo so uploaded a different one and why cannot i not upload onto posts. all my pics are taken on same camera and I am on mac using iphoto. No idea what size they are or how to resize, tried using splash link you posted but saved as document and site would not allow me to upload. Please help.

--------------------
Why do I need a signature. What is that for anyway? Isn't a personal statement, an avatar, a profile, a picture more than enough please? :P

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Sep 1 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #3

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Attached Image

QUOTE (CarissaP @ Sep 1 2011, 09:53 AM) *
why was I able to upload a photo as my avatar then not upload the one I wanted for personal photo so uploaded a different one and why cannot i not upload onto posts. all my pics are taken on same camera and I am on mac using iphoto. No idea what size they are or how to resize, tried using splash link you posted but saved as document and site would not allow me to upload. Please help.

hi, i tested the forum software and it is allowing uploads of photos. here are a few things you can try:

• update to the latest flash player plugin (www.adobe.com) for your particular browser
  • make sure the file extension (ie, gif, jpg, png) is what your photo was originally taken in. some programs change your extension but do not reformat the file itself
  • size all photos down to around 640x480 pixels and no more than 400k in total size
  • sign off the forum, reboot your web browser, then restart/login again

it's difficult for me to sleuth exactly what's happening. if the above still does not work, send a photo file to me supportATlightning-strike.com (swap out the AT for the @ symbol) so i can take a look at what's going on. also send me the error message you are receiving and the file extension, if possible. i am unfamiliar with anything having to do with MAC computers, so won't be much help there. let me know how things go.

Attached Image

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:16 AM