Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcoming Tiny
Zpinal
post Mar 1 2014, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 8,248

A week ago today, I had to make the painful decision of relieving my dear Minoune from her terminal CRF. After going through Anticipatory grief during her illness, her passing was hard but I knew I did the right thing. During the 3 days my greiving was intense but got shorter as I realized that I was only thinking of what I went through the last few months instead of thinking about the great 13 years she gave me.

Last Tuesday I stopped by a place called Thepetconnection, this place rescue pets, pay for their shots and neutering/castration and never put an animal to sleep, they do not just sell pets, they evaluate if you are qualified to adopt one of their pets. I wasn't sure if I was ready to adopt a new cat yet but I went over to that place, explained what i went through and asked if i could see the cats closer than just through a window, they let me in the cats room, all were overwhelmingly friendly but there he was, that beautiful cat looking at me. As I bent to grab him in my arms, he did what Minoune used to do, he got up on his back paws and then licked my nose, I knew that was Minoune telling me «this one».

2 days later I went again to inquire about his age and was astonished to learn he was only 9 months old, he is big and weight a whooping 11 pounds, that's when the idea of Tiny as a name sparked. We know that this domestic cat has some Maine Coon in him and was probably born with that gene on the strong side. I made a donation to thepetconnection and signed the adoption contract which includes a 3 days to 1 week trial period to make sure the cats and new owners adapt well and everything is fine. We are on the second day now and Tiny is a happy loving cat.

A couple of people questioned the fact that i got this pet really fast after Minoune's passing, I am actually honoring Minoune's life by saving one of her peers and giving him a second chance at life, isn't this the best gift?

So here he is! presenting Tiny! wink.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Mar 1 2014, 07:44 PM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,071

"Hello Tiny! You are a handsome boy!"

Zpinal, congratulations on your new little son, Tiny. I agree, you are honoring Minoune's life by saving another one, a great gift. I hope you and Tiny have a long and healthy life together.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 3 2014, 04:24 PM
Post #3

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Zpinal, thank you so very, very much for sharing your new precious companion Tiny with us. As our forum friend LoveMyMickey has already shared with you, I also totally agree that embracing Tiny into your heart and home is honoring your beloved Minoune. I firmly believe your beloved Minoune guided your and Tiny's paths to this point in time when you would see each other and your hearts would know you belong with, and to, one another.

Zpinal, may you and your precious Tiny have many happy, healthy years together in your earthly journey, and thank you so much for sharing your precious Tiny with us. Please know you and your precious Tiny are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:29 PM