3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Now Leopold Is Missing!, My Bengal Cat
ladywolf
post May 2 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,254

Sigh. Just as I was learning to love the little dickens ALMOST as much as I loved Ladywolf and Poppers, he has disappeared. It's only been four days, but he was a homeboy. An outdoor cat in charge of maintaining order in the "hood", but he never left his own and the neighbors' properties.

The empty feeling is indescribable; i'm sure others in this section have done a far better job that I would. In fact, I who had so many words when Poppers and then Ladywolf were dying, don't even know what to say now. I feel like my heart is lying in a gutter somewhere, just tossed away.

This is very, very hard. I just lost Ladywolf last June. Words of comfort and encouragement will be much appreciated. By the way, Leopold was neutered months ago now.

Love to everyone--Margi/Ladywolf
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
janika
post May 3 2011, 02:06 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,120

Dear Margi

I am so sad that you are suffering once more, but please, please, stay positive and hopefully Leo will re-appear very soon.
I know that you have helped others on this forum with great advice, so you will know all the 'Avenues ', which you can explore. I am sending prayers and positive thoughts your way, and calling on the help of all our 'Angels' to help Leopold find his way back to his Mum.

Love and hugs

Jan and my Angels and Pixie xx

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post May 3 2011, 09:04 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,508

Margi -- I felt a hard thud in my heart when I read the topic title sad.gif I can't believe you have to endure more pain. It's just not frickin' fair. But, please, DO NOT give up hope. Please take a moment to read through past topics of missing cats. Hopefully, this will bring you some hope, as some that have been missing for weeks, or even months at a time, sometimes just turn up, or are found. I'm sure you've already thought of putting up missing posters, contacting shelters, etc. so I have no words of advice to offer you. All I can do is keep you and your precious Leo in my prayers and thoughts, and I will certaintly do this. Please keep us updated. I hope with all my heart that he comes back to you safe and sound.

Big hugs, Cheryl xx

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post May 3 2011, 09:10 AM
Post #4

Thanks ladies, for your support. It's so wonderful to hear from you, I just wish the circumstances were different.. Sigh. I hope you both have bee well. I just made up a flyer, though there are only two bulletin boards in this tiny town. The shelters are, like, more than an hour away, so I doubt that he would have been taken there, but I'll call anyway.

All Love--Margi/Ladywolf

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post May 3 2011, 11:35 PM
Post #5

I'm starting to go crazy in my hunt for Leopold. Tonight I thought I heard noises coming from the ceiling, and I almost went and grabbed a power saw to start cutting through the ceiling--then I realized it was probably just mice. This is so much worse than losing a pet to a known form of death...

Thanks for hearing out my craziness--

Margi/Ladywolf

+Quote Post
janika
post May 4 2011, 01:29 AM
Post #6

Dear Margi

Do you have anyone to help you in your search? I'm sure that you will have checked out all the obvious places, but as we know, cats can end up in some very bizarre places. Do you have local radio, that could put out a 'missing' report for you, and of course the local, newspapers. The more people who know, the more chance of him being found.
Please stay positive, dear Margi. I know that's hard when you will be feeling so desperate but it will help you to focus and remain 'sane'.
Thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Hugs
Jan and my Angels and Pixie x

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post May 4 2011, 07:39 AM
Post #7

Aw, Margi, you're not going crazy, it's a perfectly understandable and natural response. Getting Leopold's picture out there as many ways as you can possibly think of should be a huge help -- Leo is a very distinctive-looking cat, so you have this on your side. Knock on door to door with his picture and ask if there's been any sign of him. I hope you've managed to read through past topics on this section as there is a lot of useful information.

I will continue to keep you and Leo in my prayers and thoughts. Please keep us updated. Good luck.

Cheryl xx

--------------------

+Quote Post
sad
post May 4 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 6,483

Hi Margi

I hope Leopold shows up soon. One thing I have observed about cats is that it is not unusual for them to set up a "Plan B or C' by making friends with one or more neighbors. Sometimes they will go from house to house seeing who will give them treats or take them in. In fact one of my neighbor's cats last summer was going around doing the "homeless kitty" routine with several neighbors and we all felt bad and fed her. Apparently she was not happy when her original owners got a dog and now she regularly spends her days and nights at several "alternate" homes. I apparently am on the Plan C since I only see her in my yard a few times a week where my neighbor behind me and the one next to him see her every day. Hoping the flyers bring a response and you just find that Leo has been "time - sharing" with one of the neighbors.

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post May 4 2011, 04:06 PM
Post #9

Thank you Sad, Cheryl, my beloved Janika--

I hope that what you say is true, Sad, and thanks for your input. It very well might be, because there's a piece of the puzzle that I had't shared yet. I live in a complex of tiny little houses that are all close together, and recently a meth-dealing thug sociopath, came to stay in one of those housses with his tweaker girlfriend and their SIX dogs!

Needless to say, Leo freaked out and took to retreating to the fields behind my house. But he hid out in one particular spot that has been empty all week long now. I finally called the landlord on the sociopath, and with great hostility he moved out. But he stills comes by to visit one of the neighbors every day with his huge macho noisy truck and at least four of those dogs in the truck bed.

By the time that Leopold disappeared, the sociopath and dogs were gone from the house, but not, apparently, from the common driveway So Leo may have just thrown his hands up in the air and decided to go find more peaceful digs...

I feel betrayed and violated that this person was ever allowed to stay here, and furthermore, that he is still around--because it may explain Leo's disappearance. Yet and still, I really want to find him!!! He'd actually be quite safe here now, as the dogs never get out of the truck...

god DAMN it. I spent the morning crying and now I am mad. Natural enough, I guess, two of the stages of grieving. And of course, I've been in and out of disbelief all along. I want my kitty back, in MY bed!!!!

Thanks again for listening. Yes, maybe my posters will turn up the other family, if that's what the situation really is.

Hugs from Margi/Ladywolf

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 4 2011, 04:18 PM
Post #10

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Margi, I just saw your post about Sir Leopold - - and am equally devastated. I have been thinking about you and Sir Leopold so much these past few days with an eerie feeling, and now I know why. I know it's easier to give advice than it is to be able to put it into practice when our hearts are the ones who are bearing the unbearable burden of fear when our beloved companions come up missing in action. If it's any comfort to you, the neutering does not diminish the "adventuresome", so he may be out on a "prowl" and will be back home with you before you know it.

Margi, please know you and Sir Leopold are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep looking for him, calling him, going door to door - - whatever you can do - - and I hope and pray that he will return to you safe and sound. And please do let us know how you're doing, Margi.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Lana
post May 4 2011, 06:01 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 7,087

Hi Margi,

I'm really sorry to hear about your lost cat Leopold. My beloved 14-year-old cat Hobbes recently passed away, so I no how hard it is to feel that emptiness. But I admit I can't truly understand what you're going through at the moment. I've been wondering about adopting another kitten; but right now I'm feeling very insecure about it.

What I can say though is I understand the anxiety of having a cat run away. When I first got Hobbes, I was only about 6 or 7. She was only a kitten, maybe a few months old, all alone in a forest/park near my house. She was a stray, and when we found her, she was about to become lunch for an angry Doberman (who thankfully was being held back by his owner's leash). We picked her up and brought her home. Around the first year or so we let her out so she could hunt and explore. She one day met a tomcat and became pregnant. We could not afford to have her fixed at the time and we didn't feel comfortable with letting her out anymore so she became a housecat. She later had to have a hysterectomy because of a dangerous infection/inflammation and because of that and other reasons, she became more sedentary and we had to keep her inside.

Occasionally, especially when she didn't quite know us yet, she'd run off somewhere and we wouldn't be able to find her. It got to the point where she disappeared for nearly two weeks at a time. But somehow, she always found her way home and she always wanted back in. She'd even proudly bring us her kill (maybe a field mouse) as a token of affection or gratitude.

If your Leopold is as smart, gallant and strong as our Hobbes was (and by what you've said he certainly sounds like he is), then I'm sure he'll happily come back home. He may even bring you a little gift. smile.gif

+Quote Post
janika
post May 5 2011, 04:33 AM
Post #12

Dear Margi

I think you could be right, and Leo has decided to maybe keep a low profile for the time being. I'll bet you, he's keeping watch on the situation, and waiting for the undesirables to finally quit his 'Hood'. I'm sure that he will return when he is good and ready.
Poor you, you certainly have had to deal with some rotten neighbours these last few years.

Keep busy and positive Margi. I'll keep checking in on here, and as always I send love and hugs.
Massive LICK from Pixie the Giant .

Please keep us posted.
Jan and my Angels and Pixie xx

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post May 5 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #13

Yes, Jan, I've had TERRIBLE misfortune with the folks who have stayed in that one charming little cottage (which is only ten feet away from my house). I don't know what kind of karma it has or why, but it attracts derelicts, schizophrenics, incessant babblers, druggies, and now, the sociopath...

And Lana, thanks for your story and your good suggestions. Your Hobbes sounds like a very lucky and brave little girl. Moon-Beam, love as always.

More information. Leopold was apparently observed lolling around on a front porch yesterday morning, at a tiny farm not far from me. The folks thought that he had been on the back porch for the night, too. They are very nice, said they would try feeding him and capturing him for me--but I haven't heard anything about that yet. I went out with a flashlight and called and called and called around their property last night (they live right on the road), but no sign of the little booger...

I so appreciate your postings, they ARE giving me hope. I confess that I really do not understand how he could be staying away from his home like he is, but he's an odd boy. Aren't they all? I was vastly relieved to discover that he is still alive, but now I am pissed at him for staying away--and so close by, too. I don't know what else I can do now except wait, hope that he sticks around that farm, and that they are able to lure him into a cage for me. Then I can take him home and at least give him the CHOICE of staying or going on walkabout again.

CATS!!!

Love--Margi/Ladywolf

+Quote Post
sad
post May 5 2011, 06:57 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 6,483

Margi
That is WONDERFUL news that he has been seen and doing well. It does appear he is staying away until things calm down at home. Don't take it personally. Cats are very smart and know when some situation does not feel safe and with the former neighbor hanging around i can see where he might want to keep a low profile for now. I was concerned when you said that you had been the one to turn the guy in to the landlord and hope he does not know it was you or that Leopold is your cat since that could be dangerous with a sociopath. Any Leo is still a young cat-so this is probably part self preservation and part adventure in his mind maybe. But I am sure he is missing you. Hopefully they will see him again soon and let you know or be able to catch him for you.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 6 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #15

Forum Moderator

Hi, Margi, this is very good news that Sir Leopold has been sighted alive and well. And hanging out on a farm means a good food supply as well until he feels safe / ready to come home to you. Maybe there is a little lady at the farm who has caught his eye??? Remember - - he's also pining for Ginger. But I know how much you miss him, my friend, and I hope he comes to his senses and realizes "there's no place like home."

Thank you so o o o very much for letting us know that Sir Leopold is okay. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers that you will be reunited with one another very very very very - - - soon.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post May 6 2011, 04:21 PM
Post #16

I HOPE it was Leopold that they saw those couple of times, because he has disappeared from that farm and hasn't been seen again. So I'm still deeply worried.

Yes, Moon_Beam, he is pining for Ginger, big-time. So am I. For those of you who don't know, Ginger was my next-door neighbor's cat and she and Leopold had a very deep bond. They would roll around together twelve hours a day--and then one day about six weeks ago, she suddenly got sick and died. She too was only a year old! Leopold has been bereft without her, and I have been feeling bereft FOR him. It's truly been a tragedy for our little "family" unit in the neighborhood.

So Leopold has had a lot on his plate recently, and so have I. Wherever he is, I wish he would realize how much I love him and miss him and NEED him..........and come HOME!!!!!!

Thanks, moon_beam, as ever, for your blessed support. And thanks to all of the others of you who have posted in this thread--it means a lot to me. As before, when I was here posting ALL THE TIME around the times of my two dogs' deaths, I feel not so alone with everything with this amazing Forum to turn to. Thanks, pals!

Hugs from Margi/Ladywolf

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 7 2011, 03:07 PM
Post #17

Forum Moderator

Hi, Margi, I wish there was something I could do for you to help you through this horrible waiting for Sir Leopold to come back home. I wish I could be there with you to go out searching for him. I so wish he would come home to you letting you know that he will never roam away from you again.

Please, please know that you and your precious Sir Leopold are in my thoughts and prayers that you both will be reunited again - - immediately if not sooner. Please let us know how you're doing and how things are going. I promise you, my friend, you are NOT alone.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post May 8 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #18

Well, still no sign of Leopold around here. It's been 9 days now, and I am gravely worried. Thanks, as always, for your support, with special thanks to Moon_beam,

I'm going to make up a new poster tomorrow: $100 Reward for Return of Lost Cat, no questions asked. Leopold, darnnit now, is a purebred Bengal cat, and even though he didn't make the cut as a breeder cat, he is extraordinarily beautiful, and I'm now beginning to think, among other things, that someone has stolen him. He's so personable, he's probably settle in anywhere just fine, so this is a real possibility. I know $100 isn't a lot, but I think there are people who steal valuable animals just IN ORDER to collect rewards, so I guess it's worth a try.

I am continuously sad; just can't shake the feeling. I feel violated by that ***hole who barged in and ruined our peaceful little neighborhood and my cat's equanimity, and continues to do so on a regular basis. (He pulled in here at least four times last night in his huge macho truck, radio blaring, to visit a neighbor. I don't get what that neighbor Tommy sees in him, except that they both deal pot.) Anyway, I feel betrayed, and still miss Leo terribly, though I'm beginning to get used to the idea that I may never see him again, sad as it is.

Big hugs from Margi and Spiritwolf

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 9 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #19

Forum Moderator

Hi, Margi, I am so o o o o sorry that your precious Leopold has not come home yet, and no current sightings of him. This is indeed very troubling, and my heart is aching right along with yours. Rewards are helpful, sometimes - - they certainly can't hurt. Make sure the reward is for safe return of Leopold only.

Please don't give up on getting him back, Margi. Keep looking and calling for him - - I do understand how hopeless your heart can get to feel with every hour of every day passing and no Sir Leopold appearing. Margi, please know you and your precious Leopold are frequently in my thoughts and prayers every day that you will be reunited much sooner than later, and please do let us know how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post May 10 2011, 07:08 AM
Post #20

Margi, everytime I log onto the forum I'm hoping and praying for some good news. I'm so sorry it hasn't come yet. But please keep trying. We're all right there with you in spirit --- searching with you, calling his name, and wishing for his safe return. I hope the reward helps.

Oh, Leo, please return home to your Mom -- she is very worried about you and loves you very much!!! In fact, this whole forum has also fallen in love with you. So, be a good boy and put all of our minds at ease.

Big hugs, Cheryl xx

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:00 PM