Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My New Best Friend
Felicia
post Jun 10 2010, 01:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,889

Hello:

My name is Felicia. Last year on 6/24, I lost my very best friend. Her name was Brittany. She was a Springer Spaniel. She was the lite of my life. We did everything together. Took vacations together, went to the doggy park or just went for car rides. But the day came that I had to send her over to the Rainbow Bridge. I know it's going to be a yr., but the pain is still there. I can still see her eyes close as she went to her final journey. I never thought that I could find someone to replace her. And that didn't happen. But 6 mos. ago, on Christmas Eve, I knew that she wanted me to go to the local shelter to have someone to share Christmas with.

And there she was. My special Bailie......And to make matters even more special, it was her 2nd birthday that day. She's an American ##er Spaniel, b/w.......Her markings are absolutely gorgeous. Don't know her history, but she's very protective. But once she warms up to you, she's your friend for life. But 4 days after I got her, I had to take her to the vet. She just woke up out of a sound sleep & her legs were stiff & she was so stiff. I first thought it was Lyme Disease. But they checked her for that. It came back negative. But what she was having was a seizure. She has Epilepsy. It was a new experince for me. But I've worked with her vet to get her regulated on medications. And now 6 mos. later, her seizures aren't that frequent & their not that severe. But the meds do make her sleepy. But she still wants to go for walks & rides.
But now this Thurs (6/10) she has to have surgery. She needs to have her right ear c&%^ removed. She has a g rowth covering the hole to her ear c&%^. So she'll be deaf in that ear. And eventually the other ear will need to be done. So right now, I'm a wreck. Not only that she'll be deaf in that ear, but for the surgery itself because of her being epileptic. But she'll be in ICU & on Seizure watch. I just can't understand how one sweet dog can go thru so much in her short time on earth. But we'll get thru it. And the financial stand point is another issue. But I would give up everything for her. I know that my Brittany brough me there that particular day so that Bailie wouldn't spend her birthday alone. I've been on this web site before with my story about Brittany. So I just wanted to up-date my new addition.
And ask that whoever reads this, please pray that Bailie comes thru everything. I can't lose another one so soon. She is the light of my life. I know that God sent her to me for a reason. To bring joy in my life.

Worried & frantic
Felicia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
janika
post Jun 10 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,120

Dear Felicia

How wonderful that you and your dear Bailie found one another, and you are once again sharing your life with a wonderful fur baby.
I am so sorry to read about her health issues. My Lab/gsd cross (Soot) had epilepsy and was on medication to control it. He coped very well with it, bless him.
I will be thinking of you and Bailie today and sending love and prayers that all goes well for her.

Hugs Jan and ny Angels and Pixie

+Quote Post
Felicia
post Jun 10 2010, 05:51 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,889

QUOTE (janika @ Jun 10 2010, 02:41 AM) *
Dear Felicia

How wonderful that you and your dear Bailie found one another, and you are once again sharing your life with a wonderful fur baby.
I am so sorry to read about her health issues. My Lab/gsd cross (Soot) had epilepsy and was on medication to control it. He coped very well with it, bless him.
I will be thinking of you and Bailie today and sending love and prayers that all goes well for her.

Hugs Jan and ny Angels and Pixie

Jan:

Thanks for your support & encouragement.......Today will be the longest day of my life. And I will be a wreck until I bring her home......And I hope & pray that the stress of being in the hospital doesn't bring on a seizure. Because they are pretty much under control now.

I thank God for this web site. It has given me such comfort & suppor this past year. It's friends like you that help me get thru this.

Will post how she makes out.

Felicia

+Quote Post
patricia
post Jun 10 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,599

dear felicia, as sad as i am for your loss, i am happy that you have found your sweet Bailie. its funny how we end up with the dogs that we need and need us the most. i am praying for you and bailie both. i know its a scary process but lets be positive and count down the hours till your baby girl is home again. i am praying for the doctors as well, that our heavenly father bless them and their wonderful hands as they work on healing Bailie. please let us know the progress. Bailie is so blessed to have you.
you are in my thoughts and prayers.
patricia

+Quote Post
Kevin Lee
post Jun 28 2013, 11:41 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,941

It's sad to hear your situation, losing a best friend is so much hurtful! But I know you did everything for Brittany. However, pet care can be expensive. Once basic upkeep and maintenance are taken into account, there are still those times when a veterinarian is required. For anyone who has experienced the horror of vet bills, remember that taking some preventative steps can soften the blow next time. Here are some common-sense tips for saving money on vet bills.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:31 AM