Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dreamer Is So Sick
Bobbie
post Nov 15 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,068

Hello Everyone,

Well, Ms. Bobbie's luck never seems to end. My precious Dreamer, the 3 year old English Cocker Spaniel resuce boy we adopted last summer has been diagnosed (now) with heartworm!!!! We've had him tested before and everything came up negative and we have been giving him preventative every month since then. So, why now? (that covers a lot of areas in this household)

Today he went for his first set of shots and tomorrow he goes back for whatever else he needs. I feel so badly for him because he isn't that same dog that left the house this morning. He is in a lot of pain from the shots (given deep in the muscle in the lumbar region - lower back - muscles) and having to be in a crate all day with no cushioning. He can't get comfortable, but at least is moving slowly at this point.

I know his illness isn't THAT bad, but his mommy is fighting stage 4 cancer and his daddy has a million things to do including work, taking care of mommy, her dad and two dogs.

Just asking for some thoughts and prayers for my little guy. He is so sweet.

Thanks for listening...............................again! wub.gif
Bobbie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 16 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Bobbie, please permit me to offer you my sincerest thoughts and prayers for you and your precious Dreamer as he begins his recovery from heartworms. This is a very serious illness. Even with heartworm prevention he can still become infected, although supposedly not as seriously as a companion who does not receive the preventive medication. This is why annual check ups are done to determine if an infection has happened. Please know your precious Dreamer, and you, and Stan, and your precious Kelley are in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult and serious medical crisis for your precious Dreamer. Please let us know how he's doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Chandanimane
post Nov 18 2012, 08:28 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,795

Hi Bobbie.

I will keep Dreamer in my prayers. He is thankfully young and therefore better able to hold up to the treatments than if he were a senior, but I know that anything acts as an additional stressor and no one wants to see their companion suffering in any way. I pray that everything will turn out alright. Please keep us updated with his condition. I wish you and your family all the best.

Laura

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Nov 18 2012, 02:22 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,071

Dear Bobbie,

I am so sorry that Dreamer has the heartworm problem, it just doesn't make sense. I'm sorry the shots are so painful for him. He is in my daily thoughts and prayers.....Mickey, Trevor, and Gretta have rounded up a prayer pack to say extra special prayers for him to be healed.........Bobbie, I pray that everything will get better for you and your family.

(((((HUGS))))) wub.gif

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 17 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #5

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Bobbie, stopping by to check in to see how your precious Dreamer is doing with his heartworm treatments. Hopefully by now he is through the worst part. Please know your precious Dreamer and you are in my thougths and prayers, and look forward to knowing how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:59 PM