Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Murdered Dexter, Almost A Year Now
QuakerParrot
post Aug 10 2005, 06:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 490

Yes, I'm still around but I have been getting my life straight lately. I went to rehab and have been off pain killers for 7 months now!! Yipee! However, in one week it will be a year since I lost Dexter.. amazing it can still hurt so badly! His killer was never brought to justice, at least here on earth he hasn't been. My insurance company is getting ready to settle with the mother of the child he bit.. THAT burns me too. And Scrappy (the MinPin my sister gave me almost a year ago) is doing wonderful! He's such a sweet dog, a kind soul.. but he isn't Dexter and that part of my heart is still empty. For Dexter, I have a poem I found to share with all of you to mark the one year I have been without him in my life...

Weep not for me though I am gone
Into that gentle night.
Grieve if you will, but not for long
Upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest
There is no need for tears.
For with your love I was so blessed
For all those many years.
There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath
Remember not the strife.
Please do not dwell upon my death,
But celebrate my life.
Author Unknown

I'll see you again my little man...
I love you, Mommy

--------------------
Dexter, you will forever be in my heart. I've missed you everyday since you were taken from me on August 17th, 2004 but we will meet again.

God said: "What you do unto the least of Mine, so you have done unto Me."

Heaven is by favor; if it were by merit your dog would go in and you would stay out.  Of all the creatures ever made [man] is the most detestable.  Of the entire brood, he is the only one... that possesses malice.  He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.  ~Mark Twain

Please, help Dr. Branson Ritchie fight PDD!! If you have even a dollar or two, or just some spare time to donate, go to The Stop PDD Website and help us end this killer! The bird you save might be your own!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BabyHannahsMom
post Aug 11 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 308

Hi QP,
I am so glad to hear things are going better. I am very proud of you!

I sure wish Dexter's killer had been caught, but he will "get what's coming to him" one of these days, I am sure.

I know you miss your precious Dexter and that no one will ever take his place. It's good to keep loving though and sharing our lives with other animal people -- so many of them with no one to love. That poem is beautiful. I like it a lot.
Take care of yourself.
Marcia

+Quote Post
litebrez
post Aug 12 2005, 12:29 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 590

The picture of Dexter is gorgous.
Sorry you had to suffer so much pain.
My thoughts are with you in your special time in memory of beautiful Dexter.
Continued strength as you move on.
Sincerely,
Litebrez

+Quote Post
QuakerParrot
post Aug 13 2005, 07:31 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 490

He had such big ears...and a big heart. He was so darned silly, and so protective of his family. God forgot to tell him he was 10 inches tall and weighed 15 pounds. HE thought he was a Pit Bull! I still live with his mother Rosie and I see some of his personality in her (or vice versa) but he was most like his father Peanut who I was forced to euthanise on May 17th 2004, three months to the day before Dexter was taken from me. I miss Weenie-Boy but I had a chance to prepare for his death, he was 13 and had epilepsy which was no longer being controlled by drugs. I know a lot of the pain with Dexter was the suddenness and certainly the manner in which he died. Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement and all of the support throughout the last year. This board and all of it's great people have helped me so much.

Amy

--------------------
Dexter, you will forever be in my heart. I've missed you everyday since you were taken from me on August 17th, 2004 but we will meet again.

God said: "What you do unto the least of Mine, so you have done unto Me."

Heaven is by favor; if it were by merit your dog would go in and you would stay out.  Of all the creatures ever made [man] is the most detestable.  Of the entire brood, he is the only one... that possesses malice.  He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.  ~Mark Twain

Please, help Dr. Branson Ritchie fight PDD!! If you have even a dollar or two, or just some spare time to donate, go to The Stop PDD Website and help us end this killer! The bird you save might be your own!

+Quote Post
crazycatwoman
post Sep 6 2005, 02:31 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 504

im sorry for dexter im glad to hear your doing better

i dunno if u remember me but i lost my dog picasso almost a year ago, ( sept 29) and u were so nice to me , thank you for being a angel . im back on the board because im just totally fearing the year anniversary, and i just need friends like you and the others. please know your a great help

+Quote Post
dflagel
post Sep 13 2005, 02:07 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,125

Name: Molly
Born: April 21, 1994
Died: September 8, 2005
Molly came into our life: July 15, 1994
Favorite nicknames: "Mollymeister", "Mol", "Mollykins", "Mollygirl"
Favorite activities: Sleeping on the front portch, watching the bird feeders from her window perch, chasing deer out of the front yard, and basking in the sun

We miss you Molly and can't wait to see you again. We will look after you brother Ted for you.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
dflagel
post Sep 13 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,125

QP,

Although I don't know that entire cir%%stances around the loss of Dexter, I am glad to hear that things are improving for you. I am truly sorry for you loss.

I also aplogize for accidentally posting a memorial for my cat Molly in your thread, I mean no disrespect.

Regards,
Dave

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:26 PM