Closed TopicStart new topic
> It's A Tuxedo Girl, a new friend to comfort me over losing my Danny boy
moon_beam
post May 9 2012, 07:49 AM
Post #21

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing and this wonderful picture of your little Mindy. How she has grown in the four months you have been together!! And what a little beauty she is!!! I know she is a great comfort to you, as you are to her, as you both travel your grief adjustment journey together.

Thank you so much for sharing your precious Mindy with us. I hope today is treating you and your little girl kindly. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post May 9 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #22

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,464

Moon_beam, thank you for your comment on Mindy's photo. She is very beautiful indeed, and such a little lovebug. She likes rubbing against me, and she LOVES to talk. She gets so excited when I open a window for her, and she'll sit there for an hour or more, just watching all the goings on out there. She is fascinated by the dragon flies and butterflies, and all the birds.

Something is bothering me though. Mindy has not napped in the 'cat chair' since Tina's passing. I gently placed her in the chair today, but she sniffed the cushion and then quickly bolted off the chair. This really bothers me, and I hope that in time she will sleep there again. It is such a comfortable spot, and Tina always loved it.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post May 20 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #23

Mindy is 10 months old today! smile.gif But even big girls still need their security blanket sometimes. Mindy has had this 'suckling' habit since I adopted her. She was probably separated from her cat mom too early.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 20 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 6,946

Happy B-Day Mindy!

Theresa does the same thing when she gets on my chest - probably for the same reason. The shelter said they got her at 4 months, I got her at just over 4 years.

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
leejaye
post May 20 2012, 07:07 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 7,103

Hey Danny's Mom, A big 10 month happy birthday to Mindy!!! Another lovely photo, both your girls are very beautiful!!! Leejaye

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 17 2012, 05:03 PM
Post #26

Help! I needs Kitty Weight Watchers!

Attached Image

Miss Mindy has gotten a bit "chubby". But she is still a beautiful Tux girl kitty! smile.gif She likes pouncing on Shelley and wrestling with her, much to Shelley's dismay. Mindy will be 11 months old this coming week.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 17 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #27

Happy Birthday Mindy!!!

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 18 2012, 09:01 AM
Post #28

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing your precious Mindy with us. She has grown soooo big (and I don't mean chubby). What a precious little girl she is!!! Our babies don't stay small for very long, do they? One day they're helpless little kittens and it seems the next time we look at them they are big and beautiful. Unfortunately us gals of every life form have the challenge of keeping our girlish figures. My beautiful baby girl Abbygayle was a "full figure" gal during her earthly journey despite my best efforts. Now that she is with the angels I know she is slim and trim. Your little Mindy may need to go on a special "weight watchers" diet. When you take her in for her next check up you may want to talk to her doctor about this.

Thank you so much for sharing your precious Mindy with us. I hope today is treating you, your precious Mindy, and baby girl Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you and your precious girls for your cherished friendship. Please know you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jun 18 2012, 03:40 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 7,430

Well I just had to have a little giggle when seeing that post of your beautiful Mindy..........I took my little girl Pixie to the vets last Wednesday as she throws up sometimes (we think it's just a dietary problem) and he weighed her and I said "she's a little underweight isn't she" and he said "actually if anything she's a little podgy!!" well you should have seen Pixies face......but to make it weird you say that about your Mindy........she looks almost identical to my Pixie!! In fact I'm so amazed I'm gonna log on the laptop now (as I'm on the iPad) and upload a photo of pixie to show you what I mean smile.gif

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jun 18 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #30

Ok......I will get a better one of her lying down on the floor tomorrow during the day where eyes arent scary from the flash etc as also the likeness can not be seen that much from these two I just took but here we go!

xxForeverxx
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 18 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #31

xxForeverxx, your Pixie is sooo cute! And she really does look so much like my Mindy, especially her face. She has almost the exact same white blaze on her face. And the coloring on her front and back paws is very much like Mindy's. What a cute little cat!

I'll post another photo of Mindy so you can see that she really is a chubby little gal! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 18 2012, 06:10 PM
Post #32

Size matters not, ... Look at me. Judge me by size, do you?

Attached Image

I just had to do this. smile.gif She reminds me of Yoda, sitting there like this.

Moon_beam, Mindy eats mostly canned food which isn't supposed to make them fat. I am watching her portions already, but she is much less active than Shelley. I'm really hoping that she does not have a congenital heart defect or something like that. She was very active when I first got her, but she did slow down after Tina died.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 19 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #33

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing your precious Mindy with us. When you take her for her next check up you may want her doctor to run a full blood panel on her to include her thyroid - - just as a precaution as a means of elimination of causes for her weight gain. If her thyroid is underactive her weight gain and inactivity could be a "symptom". Please do NOT panic about this. My Noah undergoes a routine complete blood panel work up as part of his medical check ups, too. Hill's and Purina make a canned "weight loss" food that might be able to help your precious Mindy get her girlish figure back - - but they are prescription foods that you can only get from your veterinary practitioner. My Noah is on the Hill's which is his primary meal during the day. In the evening I do "cheat" and give him the regular single meal canned Hill's food because of the wider variety of meal selections. I can hardly get his dinner into this bowl!!! I know your precious Mindy is in EXCELLENT care with you as her Forever Mom. Your veterinary PCP will be able to give you the best guidance.

Thank you so much for sharing your precious Mindy with us. I hope today is treating you, your precious Mindy, and baby girl Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you and your precious girls for your cherished friendship. Please know you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 20 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #34

Moon_beam, thank you so much for your suggestions and recommendations. I was actually thinking she may have a congenital heart defect or something like that. She has been a bit more active in the past few days, and I make sure that I give her special attention since she was used to being the #1 girl and Shelley's addition has shaken things up a bit. Maybe she feels a bit intimidated by Shelley's athletic skills and seems to think "Ok, I'm the fat one, so what's the point in competing?" She loves chasing Shelley around, and that should give her some good exercise.

Today, Mindy is 11 months old! She was sharing the jungle gym platforms with Shelley for a good nap.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 20 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #35

Thank you DannysMom for the great pic of your beautiful girls!

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 21 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #36

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are doing. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits this hot Thursday.

Thank you for the wonderful pictures of your precious girls. I can see a mischievous glint in your Mindy's eyes "hmmmm - - now if Shelley just lets her tail hang down - - or maybe I can make a sneak attack - - hmmmm - -- strategy is called for here." Your girls make a wonderful pair, and I know they fill your heart with joy with their antics. So glad to know that Shelley is getting more settled in.

Thank you so much for sharing your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley with us. I hope today is treating you, your precious Mindy, and baby girl Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you and your precious girls for your cherished friendship. Please know you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jul 3 2012, 07:08 AM
Post #37

Hi DannysMom

I just love that photo of Mindy sitting upright smile.gif really put a smile on my face. I think with a bit of time of the two running around she will lose a little bit of weight. This is the problem I have with Pixie.....she lets the other two play and only joins in sometimes when she feels like it so i can think that this is the reason for her pot belly as I only feed her the normal amount a day.....and she throws it up sometimes!

It looks like they are both starting to get along just fine in that photo of the jungle gym which is good to see. I think indoor cats are good for our own fitness too considering we have to try and keep them active so in the process exercise ourselves! is knackering sometimes wink.gif

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 3 2012, 06:25 PM
Post #38

xxForeverxx, I am glad that Mindy's picture made you smile! She is such a cute little tux girl, and she has the most amazing golden eyes! I call her Mindy GoldenEyes Oddpaw. She has two extra toes on her right paw and just one extra toe on her left paw. Mindy loves chasing Shelley around, and Shelley always outruns her. Mindy and Shelley are such good friends now. Mindy is crazy about giving Shelley kitty baths. She loves licking her head and ears and does so every chance she gets. She will hold down Shelley so that she can't get away while Mindy "washes" her. I've never seen such an affectionate kitty.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 10 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #39

Miss Mindy weighs in at 10.4 pounds! sad.gif Not good at all! She shouldn't weigh any more than 9 pounds at the most. Now I have to watch her portions even more. What is it with the Tux cats and weight? Danny always had weight problems as well, and I don't want Mindy to get congestive heart failure. I feed her mostly canned food which should keep her full longer and it has less calories than dry food.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jul 11 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #40

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Miss Shelley are doing. Oh the struggles women of all life forms have to deal with - - keeping the girlish figure. I know you will be able to find a way to help her.

I hope today is treating you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Miss Shelley kindly, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, cool, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Miss Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and TIna.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:22 PM