12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> It's A Tuxedo Girl, a new friend to comfort me over losing my Danny boy
DannysMom
post Jun 27 2014, 01:11 PM
Post #221

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,464

I have decided to stop posting on here thanks to the treatment that I have gotten by certain people. They know who they are. I've learned a painful lesson and lost a lot of money that way as well. I have learned that people may appear nice and act nice when they want something from you, but they are really not nice people at all. When people emotionally blackmail other people by saying that they will have to give up their cats and live on the street if I don't help that is just plain mean. I am not rich. I could hardly afford to give the money I have given, but I gave it because I felt bad for the person and because nobody else was helping. But I will not go through this again and be treated like this again.

I enjoyed posting about Mindy and Shelley, and now this person has taken that from me as well. I hope you're happy!

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Nov 28 2014, 10:32 AM
Post #222

QUOTE (Jon730 @ Jul 27 2014, 06:06 PM) *
Please rethink that.
You have contributed more than you have taken. Why rob others of your contributions?
I am on many forums because I have varied interests. The Web is polluted with extortionists and scammers.

From what I have seen on the Web, it is possible the extortionist(s) never even HAD a pet. They would not hesitate to write a story out of thin air.
There are news stories all the time of people who have faked CANCER so they could fraudulently raise funds.

I have seen people cynically use fraternal and religious sites as place to make appeals for money.
I constantly get phone calls from Fake Charities.

Consider the Nigerian Scam emails as proof that career criminals will say ANYTHING AT ALL, however outrageous, to take your money.

Sites such as this are filled with emotional people, by their very nature. To a criminal or sociopath, it is a gold mine of vulnerable people.

Another example is the knowledge among such types that anyone over 65 is fair game.

One of the reasons we are here is because we love animals.
One of the reasons *I* love animals is because I am more and more convinced that Humanity is a degenerate, violent species of psychopathic feral ape, that fouls its own nest.
And I find the more I have to do with animals and the less I have to do with Humanity, the happier and safer I am!

And you just tangled with an example of Feral Human.

Jon370, thank you for your post. I just came back on here today, because I felt as if I had a message that I needed to read.
Your words made me pause and think. And you are right. I have contributed more than I have taken and why should I rob others of my contributions just because of this one person who I hope will get a lump of coal for Christmas this year (and even that would be too much!).

You said "One of the reasons we are here is because we love animals". Yes, that is true. Thank you for reminding me. I shouldn't let one jerk (whose karma will catch up with him sooner than he thinks, because he is a loser and always will be), yes, I shouldn't let this one jerk (who really doesn't count) take this away from me. I am sure the day will come when he will lose his job again and find himself in the same situation again, but guess what...no more money from DannysMom. laugh.gif

I hope you and your furry ones are well.

DannysMom

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 29 2014, 10:12 AM
Post #223

Happy Anniversary, Mindy! I adopted you three years ago, December 29, 2011.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jan 1 2015, 12:51 PM
Post #224

Jon730, your Iggy sounds like he must be bigger than my Danny was. Danny clocked in at 18 pounds at his largest. I had tried so many different cat foods to get him to slim down, with very little success. Mindy, who is a tiny girl, now clocks in at 13.38 pounds and she HAS to lose weight. Short of making my own cat food I don't know what else to do as I am already carefully weighing out her and Shelley's portions. I wish these cat food companies would realize that cats need lots of protein, not carbs, which makes them fat! Cats are carnivores. I wish you success in trying to slim Iggy down. Does he still enjoy walks on a leash?

Thank you for sharing your advice on giving to charities. What you said makes a lot of sense. I have always been cautious and selective in who I give my money to, and I guess you could say this here was a "special" case and I got suckered in. Reading this person's posts on here is something I should not have done as that is what prompted me to give him money in the first place. Reading about how his cats are crying for hunger because their bowls are empty tugged at my heart strings. It took me a while to realize why nobody else was giving him any money, especially not his own family and relatives. That should have been a red flag for me in the beginning.

You are so right in saying "And any time an individual (Whose family and friends, who know more about them than you ever will, have reason not to help them) begs online with a good story, remember the News Story of a few months ago when a "Homeless Beggar" was filmed getting into a Mercedes after "Work". "

I mean when your own family doesn't want to help that really says something, doesn't it? I think this person had it in his mind that he was somehow "entitled" to my money, which he is NOT by any stretch of the imagination! I learned a hard lesson here, but I am okay.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Feb 22 2015, 05:24 PM
Post #225

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

this topic has been closed, reading over the last posts it appears to only serve rehashing of incidents that occurred here in the past and continue to taint the forum.

this is a place for support and help for those who lost pets, it doesn't require veiled threats and snarky talk to do so.

if i see or hear anymore of this nonsense, or if this issue escalates publicly or via personal message, the people involved will be banned permanently. I'm not a babysitter and have grown tired of the same people behaving like children.

i don't have time for this activity and neither does the forum. consider this a shot over the bow.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:03 PM