IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remembering The Good Times, What are some fond memories of your pet?
sissycat
post Oct 29 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #61

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,783

One of my memories of Sissycat are the way she would sit at the food bowl (which was never empty) and meow until someone would drop a few pieces of fresh food out of the bag on top. Then she would eat away. I never figured that one out. You could drop 2 pieces or 10 it didn't matter just so long as she watched you drop some. I really miss you Sissycat.

Love Yu!!!!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Nov 3 2008, 04:05 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 5,211

With 17-1/2 years of life we have many memories of my precious Flossie.

My husband's favorite two:
Flossie, when very tiny found the small "ditch" he had dug between our neighbors yard & ours to drain the water as it always ran toward our yard & made it damp & difficult to mow. She was no where to be seen but he could hear her feet pitter patt so looked over at that drainage area & saw water flying up out of the ditch. She ran up & down several times with the sound of her little pitter patter & the water splashing out and no dog to be seen. Just the noise told you she was having a blast!

Two of the cats were eating out of a can of cat food & one would pull it toward him to eat & then the other one would pull it back toward her to eat. Flossie stood there & watched them do the back & forth thing for a few minutes. Then she walked up; picked the can up in her mouth & walked right between them & into the other room with it.

A couple of mine:
I always go without shoes in the house. One day when I was ready to leave for work I came out of the bedroom & walked across the kitchen floor, Flossie got up & went straight to her kennel, turned around, laid down & looked at me as if to say "OK, you can close the door now!" She must have only been about 3 months old. About this time she got the idea that when we shut the TV off with the remote it was bedtime. From a sound sleep she would jump up from wherever she was, head down the hall & get on the bed.

On one of our Sunday walks behind the local community college campus in a nicely wooded area 2 days after her regular grooming, she took off into the brush after a deer. We heard a kerplunk so knew she'd fallen into some water. Boy had she.... she came back with green slime all over her pretty formerly clean white fur!!!!!!! She never knew she as a poodle that was supposed to be dainty & clean.

We miss you Flossie...................

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Casey's Mom
post Nov 3 2008, 05:02 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 5,200

My precious Casey would meow what sounded like "Ma-Ma" whenever she saw me. She would never do this to anyone else, or in front of anyone else. This was our special thing.

During the last 9 months, Casey had to be confined to one room with a baby gate while I was not home ... every morning when I got up I would take her out and she would "help" me get ready for work. Whenever I owuld put her back in "her room" I would put her down over the baby gate and she would meow for a treat. I would give her one or two, then she would wait for me to drop a few into her food bowl. Not putting them there was never an option.

It's been 8 days since I lost her and I miss her terribly. I love you my sweet baby girl!

+Quote Post
shannon2183
post Nov 25 2008, 02:09 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 5,117

I was reading through these again...everyone's little stories make me smile. smile.gif

I was thinking about naily clipping time -- when she was a pup, she let me clip her nails with no hesitation, although I think she must have had a bad experience at the vet once, because after that she never was the same when it came to her nails. There was a period of time where I couldn't cut them no matter what I did. But eventually I eased her back into it. Never without a fight, but treats were a good distraction. Needless to say, during the time frame where I couldn't cut them, they grew a bit long, and the quick did as well. So even after I cut them regularly, the were always a bit long...and we called them her bear claws (if you look at any of my posted pictures, you can see what I mean).

I clipped their nails the weekend before she passed. I noticed on this site another person say before the cremation they had pawprints made. I decided to do that, and brought some clay to the humane society. I picked Penny up 2 fridays ago, and got those little prints. And of course her long little nailys prints are there too. It makes me sad, but I love that I have that. I'd give anything to have many more years of nail struggles:)

~shannon

+Quote Post
Allison C
post Dec 8 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 5,327

My greyhound, Clue, was a therapy dog. I remember one particular visit to a cancer patient in a hospital. She was on the 12th floor and it was the first time Clue had ever been on an elevator; I thought he might be afraid of it. He wasn't, but the entire elevator ride he just kept looking up at the ceiling. Finally, I looked up too to see what he thought was so darned interesting. It turned out to be mirrored and he was enamored of his own reflection!

Allison Carey
missing Clue

+Quote Post
Hel
post Dec 9 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #66

Member No.: 5,329

My Abby (Dachshund) loved to watch TV. She would watch for hours, always looking for an animal that she could bark at. You wouldn't believe how many animals are seen and heard in the background of television shows and movies that you probably never notice, but Abby always did!

Chica was a pretty little Chihuahua that LOVED to play fetch with a bungee rope, you know the ones that have a rope circle on each end. She carried one around with her all the time. She loved for the rope to be thrown and then she would get it and tie it into knots before she brought it back to you. It would look like a ball by the time she was finished with it. Sometimes she would tie it around chair/table legs and the bark for someone to go get it for her.

I miss them both so very very much. wub.gif

--------------------
R.I.P. Chica Bonita, Mommy misses you so much. 05/24/07 -12/07/08

+Quote Post
Patskoro56
post Dec 21 2008, 09:49 AM
Post #67

Member No.: 5,370

I am new to this forum. I felt compelled to search out others feeling what I feel. I had my friend put to sleep Friday, 12/19/08. She was 22. Still full of life and wanting to play. But her body was giving out. I know she was in constant pain. I would her whimper every day. Still she would get up, ever so slowly, and slower each day. She had lost control of her bodily functions. She would fall trying to walk. She did have good days, still she would fall. The cold really hurt her. I could tell. Being part Shepard, her hips were failing. I still cry fer her because I miss her so. It's only been 1.5 days. I know she is with me when I get wood for the fireplace. She always was right there. Never out of site. She would have carried the wood if she could. Thanks for a place to post some of what I feel. Remembering Puppa. Always faithful and true. I love you baby...
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
rottimum
post Mar 8 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #68

Member No.: 5,565

Geez I have so many fond memories of my boy I dont know which one to share! But I think you may all enjoy this one:
When Jasper was all of 5 months old, we took him on a rode trip to Lake Ontiario where my sis and her family were camping for the week, and they allowed doggies, Well the lake made small waves that would come in and Jasper would run away from them almost plowing me over to get away from them, it took me an hour to get him in there and in his biggest "meanest" 5 month old puppy growl would growl and bark at the waves as they came near us! Everyone that was there with their doggies were watching as this breed was has a bad rep; as you see my Jasper is a rottweiler, and people kept telling me how cute he is and how silly he looks; and well it was quite funny watching this dog that most people are afraid of being scared of thesse tiny waves coming in! I of course created a monster--er that is with water, from that day on, he would try to sit in his water bowl and play, so I had to go out and buy him his own pool, which he loved. I would have to bride him to get out so I can dry him off, and usually that meant his mommie would have a cook out, and he was right there knowing I had a steak for him! And would have to hurry to empty his pool, so he would be right back in it! I sure wish you all could of seen him in either the lake or his pool! You would be holding your sides in laughter!
Thank You for letting me share this!
Rottimum--Lisa

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Carla3333
post May 25 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #69

Member No.: 5,735

HI,
I'M SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. I LOST MY SAMSON 8 YEARS AGO, AND I STILL GRIEVE FOR HIM TILL THIS DAY. I THINK ABOUT HIM EVERY DAY. HE WAS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME. I ONLY WISH HE WAS STILL HERE BY MY SIDE JUST LIKE HE USED TO BE. HE WAS 16 WHEN HE LEFT. HE COULDEN'T WALK ANYMORE.HE COULD NOT EVEN GET UP. HE WOULD JUST LAY ON HIS SIDE AND BARK IN PAIN. OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I FELT SO HELPLESS. I TOLD THE VET TO PLEASE HELP HIM. I SAID THERE HAST TO BE SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP HIM GET BETTER. BUT THE VET SAID HE HAD SOMETHING WRONG WITH HIS NECK AND SPINE. HE SAID HE WILL NEVER BEE ABLE TO WALK AGAIN. AND TO PUT HIM OUT OF HIS PAIN. I DID NOT WANT TO LET HIM GO. I LOVED HIM SO MUCH. HE WAS MY BEST FRIEND AND COMPANION. WE WENT EVERYWHERE TOGETHER. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN. I DIDN'T WANT THAT TO END. WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT HIM IN MY LIFE. THE VET SAID I HAD TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND PUT HIM OUT OF HIS PAIN. SO THE VET HAD TO PUT HIM TO SLEEP. I NEVER IN MY LIFE HURT THAT MUCH. MY HEART AND THE PAIN AND DEPRESSION THAT WENT ALONG WITH IT, WAS THE MOST DEVISTATING THING IN MY LIFE. I NEVER CRIED SO MUCH IN MY LIFE, I FELT GUILTY THAT I HAD TO PUT HIM TO SLEEP. I WENT HOME TO AN EMPTY HOUSE, WANTING SO MUCH FOR HIM TO BE THERE GREETING ME AT THE DOOR WHEN I OPENED THE DOOR. BUT HE WASEN'T THERE. I KEPT LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE, EXPECTING HIM TO WALK AROUND THE CORNER, LOOKING FOR ME. TILL THIS DAY I STILL LOOK FOR HIM, THINKING THAT ONR DAY HE WILL COME BACK. WHAT A MIRACLE THAT WOULD BE. I WILL NEVER FORGET HIM. I WILL LOVE MY BOY FOREVER, AND EVER... wub.gif

+Quote Post
Valerie
post Jul 18 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #70

Member No.: 5,944

Jazz was my pom. She went to sleep on June 26, 2009. If we threw a treat to her, it could hit her and she would still have to search for it. Sometimes we had to show her where it was. If I wiggled my fingers in front of my hips she would stand up and dance or even follow me across the room. She loved walking on 2 hind legs. My most recent memories of her included her following me everywhere I went. She would lay at the door of rooms she was not allowed in waiting on me to come out. She loved to chew on rib bones and eat with me, me giving her bits off my plate as I ate. I love my baby girl still and will always have a spot inside of me where she lived those 14.5 years and will continue to fill by my memories.

+Quote Post
tokolos
post Aug 12 2009, 07:30 AM
Post #71

Member No.: 6,021

I think my most favorite memory of Magnus will always be the way his fur smelled when he slept. It was this warm, soft, popcorn-like smell that I just loved. Most people probably thought he just smelled like a dog, but I absolutely adored that smell.

Magnus died on August 7, last Friday, and the spot in the corner of my bedroom still smells faintly of his fur. It's only been a few days, but the smell is already fading. I feel a bit stupid for stooping down to breathe it in, but I'm afraid that the smell will be gone forever if I don't take advantage of it now. I would give anything in the world right now to see him asleep on the floor or on my bed and bend down and sniff him one last time.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
WendyInSeattle
post Aug 14 2009, 02:07 AM
Post #72

Member No.: 6,030

When Magneto was very excited about something (when we'd come home, or even just when he was waking up in the morning), he'd do a really loud, happy yawn. I miss him so much!

+Quote Post
WendyInSeattle
post Aug 14 2009, 02:12 AM
Post #73

Member No.: 6,030

Tokolos, I am so, so sorry to hear about Magnus. My thoughts are with you. That picture is precious.

+Quote Post
Harley Parley
post Aug 17 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #74

Member No.: 5,982

Today marks one month since I lost my Harley Parley. I have many special memories, but one I really remember was when I would sit on the floor with my legs spread apart, call him, and he would snuggle into me and let me hug him. He never ever would let me even get close to him when I brought him home, but he trusted and lovd me enough that he eventually got tot he point where he would cuddle me.

I really miss that and his doggie smile.

Peace & Love
Ben
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Harley Parley
post Aug 17 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #75

Member No.: 5,982

QUOTE (tokolos @ Aug 12 2009, 05:30 AM) *
Magnus died on August 7, last Friday, and the spot in the corner of my bedroom still smells faintly of his fur. It's only been a few days, but the smell is already fading. I feel a bit stupid for stooping down to breathe it in, but I'm afraid that the smell will be gone forever if I don't take advantage of it now. I would give anything in the world right now to see him asleep on the floor or on my bed and bend down and sniff him one last time.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I love that picture of Magnus. It reminds me of my dog when he slept. He was a very timid dog, but he looked so peaceful when he slept. When we first got him I said he wouldn't be allowed on the furniture, but that rule went by the wayside pretty quick. He had three blankies that he laid on. I'm like you to. He used to sit by the end of the couch and lean on it. I bent down and smelled it for weeks after he left. I Used to call him my stinky dog and I'd give anything in the world to smell his smell one more time. I'd wake up in the middle of the night a lot of times, see him laying on his bed on the floor and smell him. IT brought great comfort.

Peace & Love
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
AJs Mom
post Aug 30 2009, 01:27 PM
Post #76

Member No.: 6,045

My 14-year-old Springer Spaniel, AJ, would ride in the car and sit in the passenger seat. She would reach over with her paw and bump me until I would hold her hand. When she could see good she used to bark at any cows or horses we would drive by.

When I was pregnant with my twin daughters at Christmas she decided she was going to walk on the ice on the lake and fell through. Everyone grabbed me and wouldn't let me get her. My mother held onto my brother-in-law who reached out and pulled her in. She loved the water.

Even though she was a hunting dog she hated loud noises. My husband had her when she was very young and his friend started up his car with a loud engine and she bolted off. His friend found sitting in a stream in the middle of the woods right as it was getting dark.

When we took her to the ocean the first thing she would do is run to the edge of the crashing waves and poop. She did this every time.

She loved pizza. You would tell her the pizza man was coming, and she would sit by the door and announce his arrival.

I miss her every day and wish she was still here.

+Quote Post
mouse89145
post Sep 28 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #77

Member No.: 6,147

Everytime I would lie on my bed either to read, watch tv or play on my laptop, Patches would jump up and prop his fron paws on the edge of the bed and start talking to me like he was asking me What-ya doing Dad...lol....He was my little piece of heaven.

Please visit his website and lite a candle for him

+Quote Post
NJDevil
post Dec 27 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #78

Member No.: 6,278

Noah was just a fun dog. He always had a toy in his mouth, or energy to go outside and play. He mostly loved the water. His fav place was a waterfall near my home. One of the best memories wwas when he was a puppy. After his first summer with me, and many trips to the lake, in which he would make a charge towards the lake to splash into the water. Our first walk to the lake after freeze up in winter, he made his normal charge towards the water, just to find out that the water was no longer water. He slid, spinning and being completely confussed. When he stopped slidding he walked off the ice so gingerly, came up to me and just was beside himself. Then he gave me this look like---WTH??? I lost it, fell onto the snow and laughed so hard. That was his first experience with frozen water. Seems like yesterday.

--------------------
You came and touched so many hearts
In so many different ways.
You gave so much, and asked very little in return.
There is an emptiness as if a part of me is missing,
But I am sure with time you will show me how to be whole again.
I know you are safe now, and nothing can harm you.
Remember, although we're apart,
We will always be together.

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post Dec 28 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #79

Member No.: 6,254

These are such wonderful, funny, heartwarming stories!

Patskoro--was Bubba part wolf too? Because his face looks almost EXACTLY like my Ladywolf's--and she's about 80-90% wolf. Her coat is different from his--she's greyish-brown timberwolf color, not Shepard color--but aside from that, they could be twins!!! 22!!!???? That's AMAZING! I've hardly ever even HEARD of a dog 22 years old!

Everyone, I'm sorry for your great losses.

Poppers, who died on the 13th of Dec., loved to fish. (She was a Labradog, after all, so also loved water more than anything.) She would huddle on the shore of a lake and watch for fish, and when she saw one, she would quiver and shake and then just--kaBOOM--into the water. She never caught anything, but she could do this for hours, and was always reluctant to leave to go home--before she had "fished" just one more time!

Missing you much, sweet girl--

Margi and Ladywolf

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Dec 29 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #80

Member No.: 6,235

Margi...Brutus too loved to fish...his favorite thing in the world, he'd rather fish than eat even. He would wade in the water to his chest/neck and look for minnows/small fish...when he spotted one...boom...jump right on it...he too never caught one. He would also dive down into the water and pick up rocks. When he was young, he could go in 5-6ft water. I would throw a rock and he would watch were it would fall...swim out and go under...totally under...he could hold his breath for at least 30 seconds and he usually could find that particular rock and he would bring it up. As he got older, he couldn't do that anymore but he would still hold his breath and pick things up from the bottom...labs are wonderful!...especially black ones wink.gif

--------------------
****Sonya****

In loving memory of my soulmate, Brutus...never forgotten, always missed.

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
Black Lab and best friend
11-22-96 to 11-16-09

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:10 AM