IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Integrative/alternative Health Care Hearings, Change on the way for animals and humans, both! :-D
Furkidlets' Mom
post Mar 6 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 961

I just got wind of this yesterday and wanted to offer this here (as well as passing it around via email) to give MUCH hope to those of us who strongly support the safer, kinder and effective therapies, diets and other healing methods for not only our furbabies but for ourselves and all our loved ones, in this case, an integrative approach comprised of the best of both "alternative" and allopathic health care. If this is heavily supported and goes through in the U.S., it will most likely create a virtual tidal wave of real change for how we address and treat all illness, as well as most importantly how to avoid it in the first place, through preventative actions and methods. Just as notable is the fact that here is a present-day example of one of those ever-present "silver linings" in all tragedy, such as the current economic breakdown occurring globally that is itself giving rise to actions such as this. I'm beginning to see a light at the end of this tunnel.....for all the animals of the planet, for us, for the All! Woo-HOO!!

I haven't even seen the entire video myself yet (my computer crashed several times yesterday) but I know it's quite long, so give yourself ample time if you wish to watch the whole thing.

Here then, is the notice I received about this.....wow......

Are you into integrative/alternative therapies?

This is amazing!! and I just finished listening to this. You are going to LOVE this! It is absolutely worth the watch! You won't be sorry that you did!
I became aware of it yesterday, February 26th, and have watched it. It's a streaming video of Drs. Mehmet Oz, Dean Onish, Andrew Weil and Mark Hyman telling some Senators like it is. They have already joined our new Obama health team and started steps toward a new prevention program, all without legislation so far. Think school lunches for starters. They're already working with Arne Duncan, Secretary of Education.

The main question from one of the senators is "how do we get started?" The answer was "start every person in Congress on their own private program." Their health improvement will happen so fast that they will vote for everything these guys recommend and they will firsthand experience what these 4 docs want to teach all of us as to how fast and cheap it is. They all 4 have already set up pilot programs with kids and adults that have been running successfully for many years. Dr. Oz has already trained 12,000 health coaches through his Health Corps program. It's a 200-hour training. Think new jobs.

http://help.senate.gov/Hearings/2009_02_26/2009_02_26.html

*** note that when the video stops it is just a break and continues on for a lot more!

Thank you, thank you to all involved in this!

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:28 AM