Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Beginning
Gretta's Mom
post Jan 17 2015, 05:04 PM
Post #81

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

My Doxie,

Another beautiful poem and wonderful pictures. It is SO good to read in your poems that strength and hope and faith have returned to your life. The picture of Misty and Free is precious. Two identical doxies, lying side by side, one with his head on the other's back. And the message to Jen asking her to look at you now ..... and then the picture of the old man holding a doxie. That picture just SINGS hope!

Thank you for finding such gorgeous pictures of labs - black and chocolate. Thank you for sticking with me through this season of losses. Something happened last week that gave me a signal to get up out of the slough of despond and get moving, get living my life. A precious man, Mr Willie "Popsy" Dixon died unexpectedly. JeHe was the drummer for the Holmes Brothers (Geez do I wish I knew how to insert pictures from Google image - just go there and search for "Popsy Dixon".) The Holmes Brothers have been together since the late nineties and a couple of years ago they won a National Endowment for the Arts Heritage Award for being a national treasure of the history of American music. That was sad enough.

They were/are scheduled to do a concert in Baltimore next Friday and of course I have tickets. Sherman and Wendell Holmes have decided to go ahead with the concert with a substitute drummer. I thought if they have the strength to do this, I need to have the strength to stop whining and hiding and get up and start my new life.

Whenever they played in Minneapolis, my BFF (a Black athlete of times gone by) and I would crash the Green Room and have a good time talking to them about NYC, gospel and just stuff. I'm going to try to do this next Friday and I am going to do it confidently so the arties who are running the concert don't get in my way. I want to give each one of them a big hug and tell them how amazingly strong they are and how much they have meant in my life.

And you, too. What a difference you have made in my life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Gretta and Rufus's mom (and Misty and Free's aunt)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 2 2015, 05:29 PM
Post #82

Oh My Doxie and Me

This is the most beautiful poem and picture I have ever seen. As you know, both of my beloved labs, Gretta and Rufus, and in the Perfect World. And you know that last year I lost my father and my best=loved sister Bobbie. Ten days ago a very good friend of mine, the world's best musician, Wendell Holmes, went on to the Perfect World too. Right now I am trying my best to give Bobbie's two beautiful cocker spaniels, Dreamer (a piebald black and white who is the most loving, gentle and cuddly dog alive = I cannot tell you how many of my tears he has picked away) and Kelly (black with a white blaze - who came with a terrible case of fear-biting - and who has completely changed over the past 18 months into a jokester, the ruler of the house). Both of them are rescues of course. The best we can tell, Dreamer is about 5 years old and Kelly is somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-11. Bobbie's husband Stan and I are doing our very best tp give them perfect doggie lives. But no matter how much we try of do, we will NEVER be able to even come CLOSE to all the love they have shown us. I don't know how we would have made it through Bobbie's passing without them.

Gretta and Rufus's Mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 14 2015, 10:51 AM
Post #83

Thank you, thank you, thank you, My Doxie, for always seeing. writing and picturing exactly what is in my heart.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 31 2015, 05:02 AM
Post #84

Good morning, Todd (My Doxie and Me)\\

Thank you for coming into and staying in my life.

Thank you for loving Bobbie so much.

Thank you for your loving heart that opened first to Jenna and then to all dogs, especially dachshunds.

Thank you for the beautiful poems and pictures that you have sent me over the years.

Thank you for now opening your heart in a way that only a few very special people can do - fostering dogs. Loving them completely and then having to give them up to a new, loving home.

You are an amazing person, Mr Todd.

I thank GOD and DOG for you.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 16 2015, 05:41 AM
Post #85

Good morning, Todd

It/s been a week! Last Tuesday morning and young man, overcome by the burden he was carrying in his heart and soul, climbed up to the roof of the rowhouse he lived in, just across the street and down a couple of houses from me, and jumped to his death on the sidewalk below. It was shocking and sad that such a young person was carrying around such a burden that he took his own life in order to escape. That's part of the big city - people don't know who lives around them, even those in the same building. Even me. I know the man who lives on the second floor but I have lived here for over a year and I have never ever seen the woman who lives on the first floor. I taped a bouquet of flowers to a street sign to honor his life and talked to his roommate, who had tried to stop him but couldn't. Imagine that young man having to carry the image around with him for the rest of his life.

Then Friday morning, when I was driving to Stan's house to take care of the dogs, I was involved in a 3-car crash on the busiest freeway in town. I was the car in the middle (of course). The cars ahead of me were slowing down fast to avoid a large piece of metal debris in the road. The car in front of me had come to a complete stop and I had as well, about a half car length behind it. Then a car came from behind me who couldn't stop and hit me going about 25-30 miles an hour! That pushed my car forward about a car length, into the car ahead of me, which pushed it forward about 8-9 car lengths.

MIRACULOUSLY, when we all got out of our cars, there wasn't a mark on any of them! Not even a scratch on anyone's bumper! I was sure the back end of my car (like the last one) was crushed from the back, but there was nothing!! I don't know how this could have happened (well, yes I do) but I just thank the Lord for keeping me and my car whole.

So today I am going to my Black baptist church for some old fashioned singing and preaching and then to Stan's house to take care of the dogs today and tomorrow. You KNOW that it's really the dogs who are going to take care of me and my heart.

How are you doing with your doxie fostering? You are a much stronger and braver a person than I am. I know I could never take care of a dog without loving him or her and then have to give him or her up to someone else. I'd be in the legion of foster "failures". Mt hat is WAY off to you and your caring, loving heart. You are a blessing on the lives of so many doxies - and people. Thank you for being my friend.

Jeanne

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 19 2015, 06:49 AM
Post #86

Oh, My friend, Todd

Sometimes I am flown away by your poetry and the pictures you find to illustrate my heart.

This time there is a tiny bit of confusion - I know you are talking about the young man here who took his own life. But there seems to my linear mind a tiny thread of saying that you have recently lost a friend, too, perhaps a doxie. How I hope this is not true, you who have opened your heart so much that you now volunteer to have it broken over and over by fostering - exchanging hearts with a beautiful doxie and then having to send him or her to a "permanent" home.
I hope today your heart is intact as we sing for the friend I knew only as "The Jumper" but who had a complete life- a life that had become so lonely and painful and angry that, being only twenty some years on earth and at a time when he had not yet had the years of life that give you your real education.

One good thing is that I see someone had put another bouquet of flowers atop mine. Maybe we'll start a fad here - a good one that says that every life must be respected and honored (except those tho prove themselves depraved without measure - and then we transfer that respect and honor to their parents and the good person even the evilest of us were, even if just for a day.

The stars and the sky and the sun and the moon help me thank you for a treasured friend in my life and in the life of beautiful Bobbie.

Jeanne (aka Gretta and Rufus's mom)

P.S. Still look for a picture of Rufus.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Nov 27 2015, 07:17 AM
Post #87

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving my friend and all the Doxies and other animals you have loved.

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Apr 2 2018, 06:59 PM
Post #88

Member No.: 7,200

Attached Image
If I COULD TALK...By Shawn Welling AXI
https://youtu.be/NuOCeJSQCTs

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Apr 7 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #89

VICKY Short Film..

Manu Antony Rex as Vicky You Tube..
Attached Image
https://youtu.be/JdGd4YBN1CE

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post May 20 2018, 05:48 PM
Post #90

Attached Image
Short Film by Shawn Welling AXI
If i could bark...

Paradise Lost! ~ A very sad real story about a best friend and his Human...

https://youtu.be/a64yj2zxxf8

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post May 30 2018, 05:40 PM
Post #91

The best part of LS is one single caring soul takes the time to sit with you and hold your hand
as I found shelter in the most darkest hour....
Attached Image
Why death is just an illusion-thought provoking https://youtu.be/Zf8PWSQaEwY
As this is a solo journey to find a friend to ask for;....
And then 1 person stands out as others follow you receive a beautiful Note...

Aug 28 2011, 11:32 PM
Leejaye
In the quietness of are hearts....

Who is it that's aware that iam thinking....

I found my way as others that past we speak in behalf of a beautiful friend....To put these feelings and loss into words;...
If one speaks in comfort and understanding...Just know how much thought and heart break go's into....
Attached Image
The best part of are friends is sharing so others can see the beauty that life has graced us with;.....

Don't speak for yourself...
Speak as if your best friend...
Is speaking to you...
Attached Image
The first step in your journey to find a beautiful friend
That has so much to say as they lick the tears for a forever friend
In Faith they will connect to share a moment as we will be enlightened
When we share are life with a friend as they lay thy head onto are heart It's forever...
Attached Image
It's are reflection that last a life time...

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jun 8 2018, 06:05 PM
Post #92

I still search for you every day and my vision....
Attached Image
my friend I still suffer from your loss as I have checked all the balance of life then and now...Why tears still fall
what have I missed...
Attached Image
I shall forever call your name
I shall ever act with kindness
I shall ever kneel as I help my friends...
I shall never be the same as you lay your head upon my;.....

<Whispers >
My friend what keeps me here<<<<<<<<<
Attached Image
A special moment that only we share>>>>>>>>

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jun 9 2018, 04:50 PM
Post #93

Attached Image
http://youtu.be/dOEz5_GAR74

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jul 11 2018, 07:53 PM
Post #94

Attached Image
https://youtu.be/3XA0bB79oGc

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jul 21 2018, 03:18 PM
Post #95

Sun Sets 2019...
Attached Image
Still Following my Dachshunds;...

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Aug 1 2018, 07:58 PM
Post #96

My journey as of this day...
I have found answers to many questions...
Asking Forgiveness...
I have seen the light...
As I have caused this separation...
My love for you and the care I gave to;....Breaks me as I see
my flaws;.....Forgive me....
Attached Image
Tony Anderson-The King

I miss laying in the tall grass summer winds dance over us....
I miss the shaded leaf that cast shadows upon us...
I miss seeing you dance in the window of life...
I miss waking as you sit upon my chest...
I miss your sleepy eyes as you lay your head upon my heart....
I miss following you as we walk thru are path of life's Leash in hand;....
I..M..U
Attached Image
My journey is with one Dachshund that changed my life and the lives of others...
As my Doxie care is at an elite level that I never thought possible how one beautiful
Friend could change who I would become;....

I will ever search
I will ever care
I will ever walk
In your shaded paw prints as when I close my eyes I can still see you;...

My friend in this life lesson I have uncovered all my faults as I believe iam doing justice
in your behalf yet in reality I have caused you harm regardless of the outcome I stand alone...
Searching
Pleading
Begging
Breaking
Asking for Forgiveness as are paths are woven into a single moment as I see a reflection of Me;....
Attached Image
The one that stole a piece of who Iam as I have become mimicking a shadow outside are window I can see;....
Iam Just a boy standing alone with no direction as I wonder hopelessly searching for his best friend…..

I will ever kiss this moment as we share the same space at one single point in time as it takes me years
to decipher what are heart already knows;...

To be owned by a Dachshund is a true life experience as we lay are head....We see true Friendship....

I have walked every Paw print in your passing;... and continue to search for better care...

My life lesson being owned by a Doxie….
Attached Image
I grant this taking as I give a piece of my heart to you as;...
One day I will find
and we will be apart
of this Universe...I..M..U..
Attached Image
Keeping my promise is tearing me apart....

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Aug 10 2018, 08:42 PM
Post #97

Attached Image
Tony Anderson-All is Not Lost...

I find myself in and out of consciousness...
Standing infront of a moment within my grasp..
My empty hands weep thru a friendship;...
that has great meaning as I was unable....

Beautiful friendship
learning each step
has torn a piece
of my own flesh
I give to you
My friend
as I have faith
you will return to me;....
All is Not Lost...

True Friendship last far beyond are life time its how we Honor and follow a friends path to understand what a beautiful
life that has been granted as we dance in the summer nights and weep in the morning rain;....
Attached Image

I.M.U.

2019 is just beyond the horizon.....
Attached Image
I;am running as fast as I can....

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Aug 30 2018, 02:05 AM
Post #98

Adding life long ink to your body as a never ending story whispers;...
Attached Image
Neil deGrasse <Quote>
There's nothing I'am so sure about
that I want to put it indelible on my skin...No..No..No..
Let me say it differently...
There's nothing I value
In my mind body and soul
So much in this moment
That I want to indelible etch on my skin
Because I want to leave room
for me to have a possibly
More enlightening Thought Later...

I will always search with patience...
Waiting for my best friend...
Attached Image
This is the meaning of LS as i'am a guest at a viewing a life long story as many people gather as we all watch the
same screen;...Of a special friend who made this platform possible to reconnect with are friends;….Priceless;...
A friend chasing a friend in a forever Dream....
Attached Image
An impossibly more enlightening thought....

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Sep 1 2018, 09:39 PM
Post #99

I.M.U;.....
Attached Image

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Sep 13 2018, 07:29 PM
Post #100

My Friend are time is coming to an end;...I must let you know how much you have changed the lives of my new...Friede & Elsa..
Attached Image
These tasks you have given me are of a high difficulty and yet I some how Rise above as you rest in my arms I hold a shadow that some how
touches my heart;...

Are time spent as we walk the same path was a beautiful journey as I truly understand the meaning of friendship....I still weep that day
I left you;....Forgive me as I kneel and hold my tears in silence as I paint shadows of you;...As we walk in this life I have a higher learning
for you and caring for others as I touch the ground and close my eyes I can feel your vibrations within me....

How can I still be in the same place as where we started...Looking for a friends forgiveness as I have done no wrong as this one haunts
me or have I not truly understood my friend as she speaks in silent moments as my tears that fall are louder then thunder from the sky
which I fall from;....
Attached Image
My Beautiful friend when you closed your eyes; a piece was given as I know now you have and will always
hold a silent part as I walk through common ground only sharing my true thoughts on LS as this is a place
we can reconnect and dance in the morning light;...

The Mountains I have moved ;Seemed impossible until I truly looked deep inside my self;...
Attached Image

Understanding a best friend after life;...Is like climbing mountains in the rain....
Every moment of pain is an opportunity as we hunt shadows asking for forgiveness
As dreams kiss are troubled mind offering peace We speak for a friend'...
as eye;s closed viewing a film for all to see.....
Attached Image

Attached Image
Tony Anderson - The Impossible - Earning are Wings....

The Best is yet to come
As Iam
My Best friend
As we find one another
As we are all together
We see the same Picture
Us running free in a painting of are own imagination;...

Its where we can play as we kiss a best friend as are hearts beat in sync we can still travel
in the same place in the same time as we dance with shadow we feel are own vibrations as...
We become a better Human;.... As now we can truly care for a new best friend;...

We will always Talk with one another and I will continue to find greatness in are passing....

My light I give to you so when the time comes I can....I.M.U.

To my special friend Jenna a Dachshund that changed my life for the very best my friend I have helped
so many in your passing so I might gain forgiveness as I paint pictures of you in my endless tears....
Attached Image

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:24 AM