Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mugsy, Annie, Mickey, In Loving Memory
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 22 2013, 07:19 PM
Post #41

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

HI you sweet trio

My goodness, you must have loved each other very, very much. I looked at your heavenly birthdays and realized that they were all in the month of March, within days of each other.

I wish I could have seen you in this world. You must be truly special, because your are soul-mates to a wonderful mom (and dad).

Someday this vale of tears will be at an end and we will all be together in the Perfect World. It's the getting there that is so hard.

Sleep tight tonight, my sweeties.

Gretta and Rufus's mom
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Sep 28 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 7,071

Hello My Trio of Sweet Babies, wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Mommy just wants to say hi and that your daddy and mommy loves you all soooooo very much. You all took a piece of my heart when each of you went to heaven. Sometimes I feel like I don't have much heart left, but your sweet memories and spirits will always be with me.

I love you Mugsy, Annie, and Mickey. The flameless angel candle is still lit, shining on your pictures in our living room......Rest your little eyes, my darlings, if you do that in heaven, and have a fun day tomorrow........Mommy's babies and Daddy's buddies.

XOXO MOMMY XOXO

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Oct 10 2013, 01:15 PM
Post #43

Hello Love My Mickey

Thank you ever so much for the beautiful "I Love Gretta" heart! It's a very difficult time right now. Bobbie is, as usual, doing much better than anyone expected. After only two months of some very gentle chemo, her lung tumors have shrunk, some by a whole centimeter. The tumors in her liver have stopped growing and have even shrunk a little. The general canter marker in the blood has gone down from 160 when I first got here to 60. (The rest of us who think we don't hve cancer have values of about 1 or 2, since there are always some tiny cancers in our bodies that our immune systems successfully fight off.) She has gained 8 pounds - although I think some of that may be the change from summer to winter chlothes. And she's giving some signals that it is time for me to go and let her and Stan live their lives together as they always have.

My father is now living in a Veteran's Home in Minnesota (he's a private pay until his assets reach a certain level so he's not affected by this stupid government shut-down / dept ceiling rain dance in Washington). Our middle sister, whom someone recently described as severely psychotic, is hovering over him and has decided to move into his empty house with him paying all the bills. I'm in charge of dad's money (financial POA) so every time I have to ask her for some information all she does is curse me out at the top of her voice using words that in my church they call "everything but a child of God."

Oh, how I miss dogs. Bobbie's got two cocker spaniels who are getting to be friends with me, but I don't feel at all comfortable crying here in here house so I don't cuddle up to them and just cry into their fur like I did with my own dogs. The same friend who told me that Miss Middle was severely psychotic also reminded me that I was grieving all the changes that are going on in my family - and that everyone expected me to be their miracle worker. Geez, if I could work miracles I'd bring back all the animals here on LS and give their moms and dads eternal life - NOW! Not in the cards, though.

Thank you for being a true, true friend to us, LMM. There's a song on a cassette I'm listening to as I write (by my favorite group, the Holmes Brothers) where the lead singer decribes his feelings when he had bladder cancer a few years ago (and was treated at Johns Hopkins, same as Bobbie) called "Fairweather Friend". It is THE saddest song, but there is a line in it that says, "True friends always stil until the end" - and that I how I feel about your and our Three Musketeers."

Tonight I have asked that Gretta and Rufus lie down together while it's night here and just send me down some "we love you, Mommie" rays. I know they will. Then I will ask for a love hum for YOU this weekend.

Arf! Arf! ("Doggie" for I love you)

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Nov 28 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #44

Thank you Gretta & Rufus's mom for your beautiful words! Love Ya'

Hello My Sweet Babies, Mugsy, Annie, and Mickey, wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

I bet you all had a Happy Thanksgiving up there in Heaven, because that's what Heaven is, love and happiness. You babies gave me 30 years of happiness on this earth and of that, I am thankful. You all didn't know each other here on earth, but I bet you all have met in Heaven and maybe comparing notes on mommy and daddy. You all were very different, but I learned a lot from each one of you. You all were such good doggies, and we have beautiful memories of each of you.

Until we meet again, goodnight my loves. Sending lots of love and kisses.

XOXO Mommy & Daddy XOXO

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Dec 22 2013, 06:43 PM
Post #45

Hello My Sweet Babies, Mugsy, Annie, and Mickey,

Mommy is stopping by to wish you all a Merry Christmas! I know you will have a beautiful one in Heaven. I remember our Christmases, some many years ago. You all enjoyed your toys and treats. We still miss you all and we hold all the good memories in our heart. Love you all!

XOXO Mommy & Daddy XOXO
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Feb 14 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #46

Hello My Sweet Babies, Mugsy, Annie, and Mickey,

Mommy is just stopping by to wish you all a HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! We miss you all and we'll never stop loving you.

XOXO MOMMY & DADDY XOXO

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post May 11 2014, 05:54 PM
Post #47

Hello My Sweet Babies, wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

On this Mother's Day I'm missing you all and loving you all. You played an important part in my life no matter how long it has been.

Love and Kisses and Belly Rubs....

XOXO MOMMY & Daddy XOXO

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 13 2014, 06:18 AM
Post #48

Oh Love My Mickey

What wonderful thoughts and messages to your three sweet babies. One of these days I'll have a surprise for you. I got one for Bobbie but by that time she was so sick she never put it up. Now it is up at her grave and the beautiful butterflies are flying around and around and declaring her beauty and good ness.

Rufus and Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 9 2014, 06:54 AM
Post #49

Oh my NO, LoveMyMickey!!!!!!

We have NOT NOT NOT forgotten you and Mugsy and Annie and Mickey!!!!!!

How could we possibly forget all the love you have given us???

How could we call ourselves dogs or dogs' beloveds if we did something as heartless as that?????

I answered your post on Pet Death and Dying forum yesterday.

You are in our hearts and souls now and NOTHING can extract you. We no longer know where one of ends another of us begins.

You, Mugsy, Annie, Mickey, Bobbie, Trevor, Bernie, Kelley, "Bugs-bee" Crocker, Spot, Squirt, me, Rufus Gretta. We're all just one big soul now!

Thank you so much for organizing the prayer-hum for me. I really need it right now. I'm having a lot of anxiety about moving now. Change is almost always hard for me. But for 20 years living in a Baltimore row house has been high on my bucket list and I'm just having a moment of unease about money. That's one of the down sides of being the child of depression-era parents. I know I will feel better when my SOcial Secuity actually starts. I'm just abnormally reluctant to withdraw andy of my private pension money.

We will always love you, LMM.

Rufus and Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 11 2014, 05:12 AM
Post #50

Good morning Love my Mickey,

I haven't talked to you and your beautiful trio for a while - my bad! How are you doing in all this heat?

I am still staying with my brother-in-law, and despite the several people - all people I trusted deeply - who urged me to get out quickly and "let him get on with his life - he has to" in my heart I made the right decision to stay with him as we both got past the shock-and-awe stage. We will always have HUGE holes in our hearts where Bobbie should be, but he has repeated his feelings that, as much as it hurts not to have her here with him, he's made happy by knowing that she is in heaven - free from pain, free from disease, free from diabetes, free from fear, especially the fear of dying, free from sadness and loneliness and despair. And full of complete, unadulterated joy, joy that we mortals cannot even begin wot contemplate. And reunited with her beloved dogs and birds, who can now all speak the same language. An as the old hymn says, she now "understands it better by and by." She is buried only about a mile from Stan's house so I make it a special effortt to drive my at least the cemetery, if not stop in and say hello to her, cry, ask for help or whatever that day is bringing.

I miss her so much, LMM. And I have learned well that plans made even those made for 20 years can go wrong in an instant. The only thing that is sure is the love of God.

I have taken an apartment in a section of Baltimore city that I grew very familiar with when Bobbie was in the hospital and nursing hom in 1995-1997. It's so comfortable here that I'm having a bad case of buyers remorse - especially because I gave away or threw away EVERYTHING I had to move here because I though I would be living with Bobbie and Stan. Lesson learned: things are only things. And its corollary: I've live in bamboo hits with dirt floors and earthen (not ceramic) dishes. Surely I can live in a two-bedroom apartment in a major city in America on almost nothing for as long as it takes to get up and running again. The bad news is that, despite the original listing, animals of any kind are NO, NO, NO. Which means this is not my permanent home.

I have fallen in love with Bobbie's two beautiful cocker spaniels, Dreamer and Kelly, and will continue to be the best Aunt I can to them. I don't want these two dogs who has suffered and lost so many things in their lives to have to experience yet another abandonment. I'll try to walk them at least every other day (hopefully more) and come over to feed them and let them out on days when Stan is working.

Thank you for sticking by Bobbie and me throughout all these disastrous and horrible years. Even a moment of peace between storms will be greatly appreciated.

We love you, our Fourth Musketeer.

Gretta and Rufus's mom (and Kelly and Dreamer's aunt)

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 13 2014, 05:48 AM
Post #51

Dear Mugsy, Annie and Mickey,

I am Gretta and Rufus's mom. Your mom is one of the BEST friends I have had in my whole life. Would you help me thank her for all she's done for Trevor's mom and for me these past two years? They have been those two years in a person's life when many terrible things happen. I think doggies must have a year like this, too. I hope not.

I'm going to ask Gretta and Rufus to get their cousins together and send down a whole big basketful of thank you rays to you mom for staying so close to my heart and comforting me. You were some lucky dogs to have had her for a mom.

When we all get to heaven, we'll put on our musketeer suits and you doggies can laugh yourselves silly, OK?

Hey, you guys are our cousins, too. Welcome to the family, you precious girls.

Gretta and Rufus's mpm

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 26 2014, 05:01 AM
Post #52

Hi Mugsy, Annie, Mickey

Just stopping by to say hi to the cutest little doggies of one of my best friends on earth - your mom. Ask Trevor's mom about the Four Musketeers. You mom is one of the members. I try to write here every day once, so that my best doggies always have their names showing for people to remember and think about them.

I love you.
I love you.
I love you.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Sep 6 2014, 09:01 AM
Post #53

Hi Beautiful trio,

Thank you for being friends with Bobbie and Trevor and me and Gretta and Trevor and all the bunnies and doggies and kitties and other precious animals your mom met here on Lightning Strike. I know your mom and dad miss you terribly, and will meet you someday in the Perfect World. Thank you to your mom for being the Fourth Musketeer, too. we have one Musketeer in heaven already and the other three miss her very much. Someday when we're all together we can hve a big Musketeer party, OK.

Love
Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Oct 1 2014, 05:23 AM
Post #54

Hey guys,

The message i sent you yesterday has disappeared. I copied it to you mom's page so I hope she gets it there. My mistake.

I love you three little puffballs.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Oct 2 2014, 06:43 PM
Post #55

Hi Auntie Jeanne,

Thank you for the nice letter in the other forum. We three doggies get together with Trevor, Gretta, Rufus, and many others and try to be good. But isn't everybody good in the Perfect World? I send mommy and daddy butterflies every day, especially little white ones. Pretty soon it will be too cold for butterflies in Ky. But mommy and daddy know that I love them. I love you too Auntie Jeanne and Auntie Bobbie. You all really helped mommy when she was in deep grief. She still cries sometimes and has other problems, so I try to comfort her. She saw a little white butterfly this morning and she thanked me and said she needed that today.

Mommy and Daddy talk to me every night, looking at one of my pictures. Then mommy and I have our private time and talk. She always tells me to get my Guardian Angels and the Good Lord to watch over you and Trevor's daddy. She has always been proud to be the fourth Musketeer. May God Bless you, Auntie Jeanne. I love you!

Love and kisses,

Mickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Oct 3 2014, 08:17 AM
Post #56

Hi Little Mugsy

Thank you for the beautiful letter. You know you doggies are the most special being in the whole wide universe.
Even when you are here on earth you can talk to us - with your eyes mostly, and then with your mouths.
You share your souls with us, too and that's why we miss you so much when you go on before us to the Perfect World.
This week and next week are going to be some special days for me and Trevor's dad. My birthday is on
Monday, only 3 days from now. Then 6 days later, on the next Sunday, is the day 24 years ago when Trevor's
mom and dad got married and 2 days after that is Trevor's mom's birthday. I know Trevor's dad (and me) will
be very sad on those days because we don't have Trevor's mom with us on earth (although we are EVER so
happy that she and her dad are now in the Perfect World with all her doggies and friends). I am going to ask
Gretta and Rufus to organize big celebrations on the 12th and 14th. Would you mind helping them? Just run
all over the Perfect Word and round up everybody who had anything to do with her - and everybody else who
wants to come - and invite them to the celebrations. In the Perfect World the special delicious food must be
provided automatically! At the celebrations, just romp around and thank the Good Shepherd that you have all
made it to the Perfect World and bark REAL loud so we can hear you down here on earth. When we do, the tears
that we will be crying will be turned into drops of silver and gold and will remind us (as if we needed it) how
special Trevor's mommie is and how much she lit up our lives.

Thank you, you three little balls of happiness.

Rufus and Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Oct 3 2014, 06:34 PM
Post #57

(Errrr..Cough, Cough) That was I, Little Mickey, that wrote to you. Auntie Jeanne. tongue.gif

Lots of happenings in Oct. My mommy's birtthday is the 29th. She was almost a Halloweener. biggrin.gif We can party all month and we have some heavenly good ones in this Perfect World.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to you Auntie Jeanne!

Love,

Little Mickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Oct 4 2014, 11:29 AM
Post #58

Oh oops. Of course it was Mickey. As in "Love My Mickey" (duh! people can be SO dumb sometimes)

So your mom is another October baby? Well, certainly let's celebrate all months long. After all, three of the four musketeers are October babies.

I love you, too, Mickey.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Oct 17 2014, 05:50 AM
Post #59

Hello,, hello, hello Mugsy, Annie and Mickey,

It's one of the Four Musketeer writing to you to tell you that you are remembered and loved and will always be in our hearts. I can't wait to see you and pet you and romp around with your three fur-balls. Thank you for bringing such joy and happiness to you mom and dad and to the people who have met you here on Lightning Strike.

I Love you MUGSY, ANNIE and MICKEY!

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Oct 17 2014, 06:39 PM
Post #60

Woooo Woooo Woooo..... "BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Auntie Jeanne!

We wuv you too! wub.gif

Mugsy, Annie, and Mickey

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:25 PM