IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 Til 11/6/2007, Giving Thanks For A Special Angelversary
goliath
post Nov 5 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,239

A year ago at this time all felt good and right in my life. Little did I know that in less than 8 hours my world would come to an abrupt end as I knew it and Goliath's would ascend to another. Sometimes it seems so long ago, while other times it seems like yesterday. I yearn for his sweet kisses, cuddles, and playful little self.

Without Goliath's never dying love, I never would have understood the full meaning of what love and living is all about. He made me want to be a better me. Goliath's aura shines around me each and every day. His sweet memories of the life we lived together are embedded in my soul. His fire and zest for life roar in my spirit and comfort my heart.

Just as I promised Goliath, I have nourished his loving spirit and kept him alive in me and all around me. Though I have been blessed many times over in my life, Goliath was the greatest blessing of all. He taught me more about compassion of the heart, wisdom of the mind, and how to live in peace and harmony. For the rest of my days in this world, I will give thanks to Goliath for enriching my life so much. Though I will always cherish the past and dream of tomorrow, today is what I live for. I've learned to not sweat the small stuff and let go of worries. Today I will dance in love and laughter and squeeze the best out of life because tomorrow may not come.

As I contemplate the time of 3:31 a.m. and remember it was the exact time Goliath's body and soul separated, I will close my eyes and give thanks for having had the privilege of sharing Goliath's life with him.

The angels sang
January twenty fifth nineteen hundred and ninety seven
When God's own hand
Sent you to me straight from heaven

Thank you Goliath
For all you gave to me
Your unselfish love
And your company

You filled my days
With complete happiness and joy
Yes Goliath
You were always such a special good boy

We were joined by our hearts
From the day we met
You were so much more to me
Than just my pet

You left this earth
November sixth two thousand and seven
And went to live with our Lord and Savior
In heaven

Though you came to me
By God's own hand
He took you home to live
With Him again

You were only sent
For me to borrow
And your absence leaves me
With such great sorrow

And even though
We are apart
You will forever
Remain in my heart

One thing I know
With certainty
Is that we'll reunite
In eternity

But until then
You'll remain in my heart
My forever
Best friend

Sleep well
My precious angel
I will love you til
The day after forever
wub.gif

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 6 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #2

Thank you Dottie for sending such comfort to me on this very special day. I did listen to "YOU RAISE ME UP" several times today. Each time I hear Josh sing it, tears come to my eyes because he sings with such deep expression and inspiration.

I went to a park today near our old house where we often walked with Goliath & Gidget. With me I took a bag lunch and sat on a swing while I ate it. I thought of Goliath the entire time and how much I love and miss him. The more I thought of him the higher my swing soared toward the sky. It's a beautiful 70 degrees today with lots of sunshine.

Before long it was time to return to work, so I let myself slow down on the swing, got off, and discarded my now empty bag in the trash. As I began walking toward my car I began talking with Goliath and how much I hoped he would visit me today.

I reached my car, put my seatbelt on and looked up. There painted on a wood sign and posted on the telephone pole was a message. It said, "If you died right now, where would you go?" I immediately felt at peace because I realized that I have no fear of death or dying because I know where I will go.

Yes Dottie, I do know that Goliath's heart and mine are one. Nothing can ever separate the profound and lasting love we have for each other.......not now and not ever. One day we will meet up once again and live in eternal bliss in a perfect world where time doesn't exist. wub.gif

Thank you again for coming by and sharing your thoughts. No doubt I will listen to the video you sent many more times yet today. You picked the perfect song to lift my spirits this morning.

Love and hugs,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
AlleysMama
post Nov 6 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,356

Beth,

I know how terribly difficult these little anniversaries are. Alley's 2nd one is coming up soon and I'm already feeling so sad. Thank you for sharing your poem and your memories of your dear Goliath.

Just know that we are all here for you.

Paula

--------------------
Read Alley's Story

May 1, 1997 to December 9, 2006 - Always in My Heart

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 6 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #4

I'm tongue tied Dottie. You have to be the most thoughtful person I have ever come to know. biggrin.gif Each and every one of the songs you posted for me brought me tears of joy in remembrance. Today I celebrated Goliath's life in memories and thanked God there was some courage left in me to go on after Goliath passed away. A year ago, I didn't think there was any life left in me at all because my heart was shattered in so many pieces. Little by little I did pick up the pieces of my heart and now I feel whole again...........even though I miss Goliath each and every day.

The month of November brought the first wounds to my heart when my Dad died on November 26th many years ago. My Mom also passed away on November 4th with my Grandfather following her only two weeks later. November represents reflection of all four of these wonderful souls I love so very much.

Bless you Dottie for all the comfort you have brought to me through your genuine kindness.

Love and hugs,
Beth
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 6 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (AlleysMama @ Nov 6 2008, 02:23 PM) *
I know how terribly difficult these little anniversaries are. Alley's 2nd one is coming up soon and I'm already feeling so sad.

Thank you for your kind words Paula. Though I did feel a quiet sadness throughout my day, it wasn't with the deep anguish and pain I felt a year ago. I am so thankful for that.

As you approach Alley's 2nd Angelversary I send you hugs of comfort and love. How blessed we were to have had the love of our furry kids bring so much joy into our lives. wub.gif

Take care and God bless,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
oliver's mama
post Nov 6 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,731

what a wonderful tribute and picture of goliath beth! i hope you have it framed in your living room, so that you can look at it all the time, especially during the holidays, and continue to be so thankful and diligent in keeping him alive in your heart.

you have said several things that i know all too well, the forever ago/yesterday feeling, the burning knowledge that nothing could ever pry him from your heart and the overwhelming thankfulness that he was given to you all are things i feel every day. when you think about the statistical odds, you can't help but be grateful and humble for being chosen. wub.gif

sarah

--------------------
Pumpkin Moonlit, aka Punkadoo, June 20, 1996 to August 7, 1998.
Oliver David, aka Rasta, April 20, 1996 to May 6, 2008.
Lily Ann aka Bean, May 20, 2010 to April 28, 2010
Maximillian Pushkin, aka Fatty, Jan. 20 to June 22,2010

Mama loves you all the days of her life.

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 6 2008, 10:43 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (oliver's mama @ Nov 6 2008, 10:12 PM) *
when you think about the statistical odds, you can't help but be grateful and humble for being chosen. wub.gif

Sarah.............You have me pegged. How could I ever possibly have been chosen to be Goliath's Momma for now and forever? Not only am I humbled for being chosen for having been selected to have such a beautiful and loving soul in my life such as Goliath, I wonder why those who haven't experienced the love of an animal don't. Because I feel this love so deeply, it saddens me to know that others will never have the joy nor the ability to express this kind of love to the rest of the world. I have been one of the fortunates, not worthy, but chosen to try and make a difference by sending the word called love.

Thank you soooooooooo much for coming by on Goliath's First Year Angelversay. I love knowing he is surrounded by the people who know the true blessings of birth, living, and death. wub.gif

Hugs to you Sarah,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
ann
post Nov 7 2008, 01:32 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 4,838

Hi Beth, I like what Dottie said, you carry his heart in your heart. It truely shows. Such a beautiful tribute to Goliath, a truely special Angel, he gave you so much more than licks on your face..Thanks for sharing...Ann

+Quote Post
toonie
post Nov 7 2008, 07:03 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,632

Hugs to you Beth and your beautiful Goliath, both of you are angels to me. How hard it must be now, but then, even still, how hard it has been all year as well, and how despite this all and through it all you have been a spring of compassion and love for so many of us here, Goliath has made it so that we could all be soothed by you Beth and has confirmed that you are the best. Thank you and courage, you will have many many reasons to rejoice when your work is done, meanwhile know how grateful some of us are for you and for Goliath's ongoing love.

+Quote Post
Nemo's Mommy
post Nov 7 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,268

I hope your sweet Goliath had a WONDERFUL one year bridge day. What a beautiful post.... and so true how our babies made us better people.

Anniversary's are hard, and your post was so filled with love..... I think we never get over things like this, we just learn to live with them. We are better for having known them.

Ren, Zorro, and Nemo's Mom

+Quote Post
toonie
post Nov 8 2008, 04:59 AM
Post #11

Anniversary's are hard, and your post was so filled with love..... I think we never get over things like this, we just learn to live with them. We are better for having known them.

so well said Nemo's Mom smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
toonie
post Nov 8 2008, 05:14 AM
Post #12

your post was so filled with love..... I think we never get over things like this, we just learn to live with them. We are better for having known them.

This is so well said Nemo's Mom smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

The fact that, despite your own pain you can find it in your heart to share this grief tells me a lot about your beautiful soul, kindred spirits know who has been hurt and easily find the words that heal. May your life be blessed by Nemo's spirit and may it be a wonderful one, you deserve it so much.

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 8 2008, 06:53 AM
Post #13

Thanks Ann for coming by and sharing your thoughts with me. Goliath truly is an angel who will forever remain in my heart. Arthur is your special angel too and you show just how special each time you send comfort to another here at LS.

May your sweet Arthur bring you comfort and joy always.

Hugs, Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 8 2008, 07:03 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Nemo's Mommy @ Nov 7 2008, 05:41 PM) *
I think we never get over things like this, we just learn to live with them. We are better for having known them.

Thank you Nemo's Mommy. You're right when you say "we never get over things like this." Somehow we find a way to rise above the pain of losing them and find our back to a happy way of living. It's a long journey for sure. There will always be a subtle kind of sadness with me because I do miss him not being here so very much. Knowing I will see him again one day keeps my heart peaceful.

Hugs,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 8 2008, 07:17 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (toonie @ Nov 7 2008, 07:03 AM) *
Thank you and courage, you will have many many reasons to rejoice when your work is done, meanwhile know how grateful some of us are for you and for Goliath's ongoing love.

Thanks Toonie for your uplifting message. You've soothed so many people's aching hearts here at LS through your genuine loving words that help heal a broken heart. I am grateful for your friendship too and hope we stay connected with the love in our hearts, never allowing anything to destroy the love that lives there now and for always. smile.gif

Hugs,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
freddie
post Nov 18 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 4,255

Dearest Beth ,I am so sorry I was'nt around for Goliath's 1st Anglevesary my thoughts and prayers are always with you .Freddie and Mummy dog will look out for him I just know it wub.gif

Love Always Warren ************

+Quote Post
shannon2183
post Nov 19 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 5,117

Beth,

What an amazing post. It's interesting because I was just telling Penny last night that she must be resting on my heart because I hadn't cried in 2 days, and was feeling a serene sense of calm. When I read your post about Goliath, it...well...made me cry, but because it said everything I've been feeling, and for a moment, even though I don't know you or Goliath, I felt his spirit as well --

Your poem was such an amazing tribute to him, and I'm so glad I read it because it was everything I needed and more smile.gif

Thank you for reminding us all that there is a certain humbleness and almost a beauty about the circle of life, and I love the notion that rather than looking at the death, let's thank the Lord for the amazing chance we had to even be with them. I also find a great sense of comfort in your poem...that Goliath came from God and was only borrowed. My husband has been saying that to me in a way -- that perhaps our pets are meant for something so much greater. I myself...even though it's still in the early stages, feel a renewed sense of life...of purpose...and of gratitude for what I have, and what Penny has given me. Even though I've known it intellectually, I'm now beginning to really embrace and live what she is teaching me.

Thanks again...and my thoughts and prayers are with you through November --

Peace,
~Shannon

+Quote Post
Missing Fleetwoo...
post Nov 20 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 4,805

Beth,

I know just how hard anniversaries can be, each month on the 16th I remember my little Fleetwood and wish so desperately that he was still with us. Ever more difficult is we leave tomorrow for vacation to Mexico and this will be the first time we have gone anywhere since that trip to San Francisco in February when Fleetwood died while we were gone. I am terrified! I am so afraid of leaving Corina and I even thought about not going, but I can’t let my fear consume me. I have made arraignments for someone to stay at our house and take care of Corina while we are gone (she is a vet tech) but I still am so afraid of receiving another phone call like the one I got when Fleetwood died.

Your wonderful words to Goliath only shows that the love between the two of you is still alive and thriving in your hearts which only goes to show that he is still with you by your side. I’m glad you spent your lunch “with him” in the park. We have been luck, Fleetwood has come and visited us a couple of times and each time I know he’s there because Corina starts running around the house like she did when he would chase her. It’s so wonderful when the come and check on us!

Take care, Beth and you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Mark,
Missing Fleetwood

+Quote Post
goliath
post Dec 6 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #19

Thank you Shannon, Warren, and Mark for your heartfelt responses. It means alot to me that there are those who truly care so much at LS.

Nothing in this world could ever take away the love I have for my Goliath. smile.gif His spirit will remain with me now and forever. A year ago I didn't feel this way. I thought my life was over and all I had left was despair and emptiness. Though I still miss and think of him each and every day many times, my heart is at peace because I know our separation is only temporary. One day he and I will reunite once again in a place where we will never be apart again. Until that day comes, I have Gidget & Browser who fill our home with their own kind of unique antics and joy. What special little loves they are who deserve to have the best in life that I can possibly give them. Big brother Goliath wouldn't have it any other way. wub.gif

Hugs of love to each of you,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 6 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #20

When I awoke this morning, my first thought was about Goliath. This in of itself isn't unusual because since he left my loving arms on the wings of an angel two years ago today, he's always my first thought in the morning. At night is when I still miss him the very most and I always thank God in my nightly prayers for having had the privilege of sharing his life with me. Oh how lucky I was to have been blessed with such a loving character as he. His image is still so very etched in my mind..............so crystal clear and I pray that he will always be my first thought in the morning and my last thought before I fall asleep for the night with his image and antics so clear in my mind and my heart. wub.gif

Today Goliath's sister, Gidget & baby brother Browser, and myself spent a wonderful day together. This was a beautiful Autumn day filled with sunshine. Two years ago the skies were gray and the wind howled making the air very cold.......very much how I felt myself at the time. The grays are gone and my heart is bright because I always feel the sunshine of Goliath's warm love with me and all around me.

Soon I will retire for the night. Before I go to bed though, I have a red rosebud that I will drop into his little urn and will tell him once again just how much he is loved and missed.

Be well my little angel....................I will love you til the day after forever. wub.gif

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:53 PM