4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help Please!
jeff
post Sep 27 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #41

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,794

ok well i got rid of the poncho and my socks and the containter the food was in. i coverd the cage with foliage to try and camoflauge it. i dont if i should rinse it right now because its supposed to rain here the next few days:/ the only thing we werent sure of was leaving the food on the ground (we threw the can away a few days ago so we have the tuna in a plastic container) so i put it in the cage in the container does taht make sense?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 27 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #42

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Jeff, I can so relate to your concern about your missing kitty. There are so many things about a missing kitty, and the longer they are missing the more fretful the heart becomes. When I was a little girl a family cat went missing for 6 months. He was an outdoor cat and when he came home from his prowls he bore the wounds of being in fights, or escaping the cruelties of the neighborhood kids - - we lived in a neighborhood that had a lot of trouble. One night he went missing. My elder siblings looked for him and sometimes my dad would, too, but he didn't come home - - until 6 months later - - the evening of my birthday. He just showed up on the door step, and he was a beautiful cat! His fur had grown back in where it had been missing, his eyes were bright and shiny, all of his wounds were healed. And it was a special treat because the next day was my birthday - - and this was my birthday present.

The bottom line is - - don't give up. From what I've read you're trying everything you know how to bring your precious kitty home. All the suggestions Dottie has given you are really great ones. I don't know if you've thought of this but you might put a "LOST" notice in the newspapers and also with your local vet offices. I don't know how close you are to the road, but cats do travel a long distance, and if something caught your kitty's interest, he could be in the next county - - honestly. So, you might want to cover a 25 mile radius in your area for local vet offices. Also, someone could have picked up your kitty thinking he is a stray and taken him home - - unless he's wearing a collar with an ID tag, or is tatooed or has a microchip. So, that's another idea.

You probably are already aware of these suggestions. Jeff, I do so know and understand how anxious you are to get your precious kitty home, and please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that you will find him - - either in your searching or his coming back home sweet as you please as though no time has been spent away. And please do let us know how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
jeff
post Sep 28 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #43

thank you moon beam that helped:)

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Sep 28 2010, 03:08 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 4,797

Hi there, Jeff. I'm very sorry I was unable to get back sooner. To see why I couldn't, just click here ...

Alert! Rogue Program Posing As Anti Virus/Anti Spyware, Creeps In Your PC When You've Done Nothing!

I'm still cleaning up the mess from that rogue program, but wanna give you more goodies and information to help you. First of all, please meet Moon Beam. She's also a very dear friend, really knows her kitties and is oh so special, too! Thanks for that, Moon Beam. It made me weep with joy when I read about your kitty showing up six months later and on the eve of your birthday. What a terrific present indeed! Oceans of kitty cat Hugs and Kisses!!!

Jeff, since I'm still cleaning this PC, I am gonna just post the Websites and tell you where to click the photos at this time.
You and your brothers can make more humane traps yourselves! You can put a bunch all over the place even far, far away.
First, watch this ...

This Box Trap apparently is tripped on its own and doesn't need anyone there to pull a cord ...

Box Trap - Day Five - Cat in the Woods on this guy's property

It looks a whole lot in that video the same as you describe where you live. They caught other animals on other days and released them. Should you wish to see those videos, just let me know.

Next: Jeff, please click here: Drop Trap Design

Regarding the above, please MAKE SURE TO SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN. CLICK ON EACH IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT. READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS. Thank you, Jeff. No, I was not shouting. The CAPS are for just emphasis only. OK? OK.

<<Snippet>>

A drop trap is a lightweight frame covered with netting - made to catch feral cats. It is propped up on one side with a stick, and food is placed in the back. The trapper stands at a distance, holding a string attached to the stick. When the cats are eating, the trapper pulls the string, allowing the trap to drop, capturing the cats inside. The trapper immediately covers the drop trap with a blanket to calm the cat(s).

<<End Snippet>>

Okay, now please click below ...

Many photos of different homemade humane traps for your pet cat and instructions.

<<Snippet>>

The transfer: The cats are easily transferred into traditional box (wire) traps for transport. A box trap is placed door-to-door with the covered drop trap. The box trap is also covered (top and sides only) to make it appear to be an exit tunnel. When the matching guillotine-style doors are raised, the cats discover the “exit” and move into the box trap, for secure transport to the vet!

Drop traps SAVE TIME!

Most cats don’t recognize that it’s a trap, and will walk right in. Are you trying (and trying!) to trap cats who just snicker at you? Think they’re “too smart”? With a drop trap, you will most likely be able to trap every cat that shows up. Just reset the trap and they will keep coming. You can often catch more than one cat at a time (SEVEN is the current record - a Florida mom and 6 kittens). Imagine the time and angst that are saved!

You won’t have to starve all the cats for several days to catch a few. We generally feed a normal breakfast, just picking up the leftovers, when trapping at suppertime.

You are in control of the trap!

This means that you can prioritize baby-maker females, pregnant cats or kittens to stop reproduction NOW. Or, handle the opposite situation: trap the newcomer when everyone else is 'done'!

Catch sick or injured cats. Re-trap “trap-shy” cats if necessary!

Use the fact that cats copy one another to your advantage. Suspicious cats see their friends eating from the trap – and are lured in as well – even if you captured their friends!

<<End Snippet>>

Please Click Here: A Demonsration Video

I'll be back as soon as I get this junk cleaned off my PC just a little bit more, Jeff.

Many Comforting Hugs!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Sep 28 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #45

Jeff, you'd better place an ad for just in case. Take a look then click the next link I've provided ...

Missing Cat Found 2,361 Miles From Home

And what about the dog that was found 9 years later? Cool!

I don't know if you're in the USA or another country, so I'll begin with the USA. If you do live in another country and wish me to locate a similar service, ask your Mom if it's all right to say here the country where you live. You can email me, too. Please click below ...

America's National Lost & Found Pet Database - It Is Free

Start in the middle and just a bit down where it says, "SUBMIT A LOST OR FOUND PET REPORT HERE." It's in dark blue right above where you click to submit your information. IMPORTANT Note: This site is for pets who have been missing for 60 days or less. Just so you know. Okay? Also, look to upper right light blue square where it says "LOST PET ADS" and so forth.
And, take a look at this so you can better think like your cat ...

Psychology and the Missing Cat

<<Snippet>>

(Found at the very bottom of this Website ...)

What can personality determine about the lost cat's probable location?

Missing indoor-only cats and timid outdoor-access cats are more often located nearby rather than farther away. The cause is more likely to be fear. Bolder less timid cats who are missing have a higher chance of being involved in a mishap (car accident, locked up, illness, predation). Most likely something has interrupted their usual routine. If a cat is more socialized to other cats (feral or born of a feral mom) and is only timid with humans, it's more likely that it is wanting to explore with other cats. Read here to determine the personality profile of your cat and how it may affect its behavior when lost or missing.

<<End Snippet>>

Also click below ...

Recovery Tips - Lost Cat Behavior

How are ya doing, Jeff? You and your kitty remain in my thoughts and prayers.

More Comforting Hugs!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
jeff
post Sep 28 2010, 05:14 PM
Post #46

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know what to say, thank you. i will definiatly try these traps tomarrow, i would totally do it today but its getting dark and i dont think i would be able to build and set one up rigth now:/ btu again thank you so much, ill geive them a try tomarrow and ill keep the ad in my maind in case it takes that long. thanks again:)

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Sep 28 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #47

You are very welcome, Jeff! Hey, I'll keep posting more ideas, suggestions and information as I collect it. Ya know what? Your kitty is SOOOOOOOOO LUCKY to have you!!!!! Keep us posted. I know that you will.

Big Hugs to you and all your Fur Kids!!! Sending another very special Fairy to watch over your kitty ...

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Sep 28 2010, 06:45 PM
Post #48

Hi again, Jeff. I want to make certain that you pay special attention to this part found in the bottom link of the last post I made to you with all that information. It tells you that you are doing the right thing regarding your kitty and also gives more hints and tips where you can go searching. In other words, other places your kitty may be hiding. Here you go. Please Read Carefully.

<<Snippet>>

If you've lost a cat that is allowed outdoors part-time or for brief periods of time and he/she has vanished, then it is possible that he/she is not missing but is hiding in fear. That's because even outdoor-access cats can become displaced. Here's how it works. A cat can become "displaced" into unfamiliar territory when he/she is chased off (beaten up by another cat, chased by a dog, etc.) and he/she ends up in a yard or area that is totally foreign to him/her. We've had many cases where cats that were "lost" were actually only five houses away or a block away, hiding inside a neighbor's yard in fear because they were disoriented and unable (or unwilling because of fear) to return home.

In one of the investigations we solved, one of our cat-detection dogs located a missing cat named Gizmo who was missing for 3 days. Gizmo was hiding inside an abandoned bathtub in a yard just two houses away. While some cats have the remarkable ability to use the homing instinct to work their way back to their territory, other cats who are displaced either don't possess this skill or they're too frightened to use it.

The majority of cases of displacement involve indoor-only cats who've accidentally escaped outdoors. However, any cat will be displaced when they escape from their carrier while at the vet's office, escape from an RV while traveling on vacation, or escape from a vehicle during a car accident. In cases of displacement, even though the cat is technically an "outdoor-access cat," it is a DISPLACED CAT when it ends up in an area that is unfamiliar.

A cat's individual temperament can range anywhere from a bold "clown-like" cat to the other end of the spectrum which is a catatonic "feral-like" cat. This temperament will influence how far he/she will travel and whether or not he/she will respond to human contact.

Recovery techniques should be geared around a missing cat's unique, individual temperament. If he or she is skittish, he/she will more likely be nearby hiding in fear and you'll need to use a humane trap to recover him/her. If he or she is gregarious, he/she could easily travel several blocks (even a mile or two) and you'll need to knock on doors and post fluorescent posters at major intersections in the area. Be sure to visit our Displaced Cat Behavior page for more information on the topic of displaced cat behaviors.

<<End Snippet>>

Jeff, do take advantage of all the clickable links within this and other Websites cuz you just never know what you'll find out.

Please keep us all posted. Lots of Hugs to you, your kitty, Mom, Dad, brothers, Uncle, Neighbors and Friends!!!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
jeff
post Sep 28 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #49

no im lucky to have my kitty, im just dreading how long it is going to take to get him back. its even wosre having to go to school thinking about him while all my friends are jokeing around:( thank you for taht article, it was an interisting read. ill let you know if anything happens:)

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Sep 28 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #50

You're very welcome, Dear One. Please believe me, I know how hard this wait is for you. How very hard it is for you in school with all your pals having fun, joking, laughing. It borders on being tortured. True. But, if your kitty is as skittish as you say, and your kitty is an indoor-outdoor kitty then ... Well, read that snippet that I posted last. He could be somewhere you wouldn't think about in a hundred years. So close by and all hunkered down hiding. Think like a cat, Jeff. You can do that as you search.

Sending more Angels, More prayers and Lighting more Candles for You and your Kitty!!!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
jeff
post Sep 29 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #51

i will look around my house closer but i have one question, since he is probalbly having fun beign outside, and he is skitish and wont go into the trap, what is the best of of getting him? i dont know if that makes sence but im just alittle confused.

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Sep 29 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #52

Jeff, I can understand your confusion. Our tactics may very well have changed having gotten all the new information. Remember that big orange cat that you managed to trap and your brothers helped you release it? I need to know exactly how social your cat is with other outdoor cats ... Not including your neighbor's mommy and kitten. Also, even if your cat is social, there may be other feral cats out there that aren't so social so have battled a bit with your cat and chased him away. And, what about free roaming dogs? Do you know of any dogs (pets or not pets) that roam the area? You and others have a lot of land there.

Therefore we now have two possible scenarios that could be taking place right now:

1. Your kitty is out and about still having fun and not ready to come home.

2. Your kitty has been chased away by another cat or dog or what have you. If that's the case, then your cat could be hiding gosh only knows where because he doesn't want a run in with the other animals that may be more territorial and may have chased him away. Where would he hide? Could be in an old tossed out sink, in the opening of where some pipe leads, in a shed but not where you've looked yet in that shed. Perhaps a different shed, barn or building farther away if he was chased several times.
Do you see where I'm going with all this, Jeff?

If number one is the case, you're doing everything correctly right now. If number two is the case, then you gotta search like Sherlock Holmes. You'll need to search farther away, places only a cat would think to hide, and they can hide in some really small places for a long time. Let me see if I can find a visual. BRB >>>

This one is IMPORTANT!!! They also get up inside your car, truck, van engines!!! Mine did once. Oy! Look ...
Click Here

Hiding under pieces of paper ...
Click Here

They love to hiding under blankets. Are there any tarps or blanket type materials where you search?
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here

Holes or openings to where pipes go? Could he have gone into one and needs help getting out?
Click Here

He may be right under your eyes in your home, but I'm sure you've ruled that out ...
Click Here

Are there any old sofas or other type furniture discarded either near or farther away from you?
Click Here

Check every box, no matter what the material the box is made.
Any old refrigerators, stoves, things like that which have been discarded and are awaiting pick up and hauled away ...
Click Here

Check all furniture or anything in nature resembling furniture ...
Click Here

You may be looking right at him and can't see him ...
Click Here

The most important thing is that he may or may not be too scared to answer your call to him if the number two scenareo is what's going on. That would give away his location to all the other critters.

Is the above any help at all, Jeff? Please check back in and let me know if you've got any questions.

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 29 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #53

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Jeff, just checking in and see that Dottie is giving you lots and lots of help and great advice. The important thing is please don't give up hope. And please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that your precious kitty will be back home with you very soon. Will look forward to checking in and seeing how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
jeff
post Sep 29 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #54

ok let me see, well i trully belive that he is friendly with other feral cats because at one time our neigbors(the ones with the kitten and mother) had about 50 stray cats around their house but alot of them became diseised and alot of all but the two were put down:( and when my cat escaped before he was around all of those other cats so i think he likes other cats:/ oh and my cats is pretty big and tough(im not exaturating he looks like a full size raccoon), he knows how to use his claws and teethX) their are no stray dogs around at all, oh and i forgot to say yesterday we caught a possem(hope that isnt bad) btu what i and my mom really belive happend is that when we went looking for him when the neighbors spotted him we scared him and hes hideing either in our yard our theirs. i dont know, its kinda a mix of both of them:/ let me know what you think please:)

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Sep 29 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #55

Hi Moon Beam. I'm so glad you dropped by to see how things are going. Thanks so much! {{{{{Hug}}}}}

All righty then. Jeff, now I know a whole, whole, whole lot more about your kitty than I did before. You gave some excellent information. Thanks! By the way, the dad and two little girls video I posted for you a day or two ago where they caught a kitty in their humane trap in the woods? In one of their other videos, they caught a possum then released it. Sure, it's fine that you caught a possum in the humane trap and you may catch a few more woodland critters so don't fret.

Considering all you've shared, it sure sounds to me like your big kitty is out there having tons of fun on walkabout and isn't going to come home until he feels like it ... Or until you're finally able to catch him. Jeff, now that I know all these new things about your kitty, I'm going to take my research in that direction to see if there's more we can do. Still make sure to check all those hiding places I listed for just in case. Only you don't have to wander so far away now to do it. Okay?

Please take care. Know that you and your kitty are in my thoughts and prayers as I light more candles.

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
jeff
post Sep 29 2010, 09:25 PM
Post #56

tahnk you so much for your insight, i apreciate it so much! if anyhting happens you will be the first to know:) thank you to moon beam for your help also:) ill keep looking everywhere and keep setting the traps just incase(crosses fingers) thanks again:) oh and i apologize for my spelling, im not a good typer:P

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Sep 29 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #57

You are very welcome, Jeff! Say, you hang in there and keep doing all you're doing. We're gonna find your kitty. It may take some time, and I'm so very sorry about that. This is really hard on you. Truly, I know. Please, believe me.

But, we will find him, or he will just come home when he's ready.

Thanks for keeping us posted. We appreciate that very much, just like you do!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Sep 29 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #58

Oh Jeff, don't give a second thought about your typing. Some people here can't speak much English, but do their best. As long as we're able to make out what you're trying to communicate, that's all that counts. If I'm confused about anything, I'll ask you. smile.gif

By the way, I'm pretty good at deciphering Egyptian Hieroglyphics. True. So no worries, Dear One. You're doing Great!!!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Sep 29 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #59

Hi again, Jeff. I found a few more good resources. Here ya go.

This one is very fast and the use of light pink print makes it difficult to read, so make sure to pause it frequently. It doesn't say much that we don't already know. However, I love the use of catnip idea! And, putting it all over the place. Some cats don't like cat nip though. Sure hope your cat does. Please turn up your volume and click below ...

How To Find Your Missing Cat

This next one is Great!!! Please click below ...

Find Your Lost Cat Emotional Support at FindYourLostCat.Com

And now, here's their video about your kitty, Jeff. Please turn up your volume and click below ...

Find Your Lost Cat Inside & Outside Cats

Here's their Website with awesome stuff to click that I'm certain has wonderful information and support, but I'm only getting error messages at this time. Could very well be due to my PC though. I'll keep checking the site to see if it gets corrected, then point you to the best stuff. Hey, if it's working on your PC then click on everything. No, I am NOT saying to leave here and go there. What I am saying is the more places you get word out, the better for you and your cat. You bet ya! Here it is ...

findyourlostcat.com

In the meantime, this may lift your spirits a bit. It is wonderful and everyone who's seen is has loved it. I hope you'll like it, too.

Magical Fairy Cats with Art by Carmen Keys

Hang in there okay, Jeff? I'm coming up with more things for you. Do keep us posted.

Many Comforting Hugs with lots of smelly mackerel, tuna and cat nip to bring your kitty home!!!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Sep 30 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #60

Jeff, I've got even more very great resources for you! Here you go ...

Lost a Pet? Found a Pet? And, it's Free.
Click on where it says "Place an Ad." Also click on "Browse Ads" cuz you just never know! Note: See on the left that it's for the US and on the right it's for Canada. Both are blue in color. Make sure to read all below regarding: What to do if you lose your pet. And, what to do if you find a pet. Scroll down and read the rest, too.

Next: The National Registry for Lost and Found Pets. It Is Free
Find lost pets, lost dogs, lost cats. Jeff, the above site took me forever to load, but it may just be my PC. Still, so very worth it!

This one lists a host of organizations that help you locate your lost pet.
It's a very long list, so just take your time reading and click on the ones best for you.
Please Click Here.

Now for a bit of bad news. My PC is acting up very, very badly. It's old and very overworked. This means that I may need to keep it shut down for at least two days in order for it to recover. So, please don't think I've disappeared if you don't hear from me for two or three days. Okay? I will be back, Jeff. Promise! You know that I will. Take care and keep on researching all the information I've given you. Put it to good use. I know that you will and I'll be back as soon as my PC will allow me.

I remain in constant vigil.

Many Comforting Hugs!!!

Always, Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:08 AM