Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ready To Fall In Love Again
Mink&WillowsMom
post Jul 14 2006, 12:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 1,750

This week I've spent A LOT of time at the Kitten Rescue, snuggling with A LOT of kitties. Did a lot of grieving. A lot of being quiet and seeing who selected me. I was looking for a male, and have never been particularly drawn to tabbies -- yet who stole my heart? A lovely little female tabby! She's just a doll, her name will be Luna (la bella luna... wub.gif ). SWEET face, purrs like a freight train, makes great eye contact, and likes to sit on my shoulders and rub my cheek.

After seeing how many kitties need homes, decided one wasn't enough. (Mink did leave awfully big shoes to fill...) Today I decided to adopt another. Not sure of his new name yet (he's 'Karl' at the shelter), he's a medium-hair buff & white. The buff is almost peach rather than tan. Docile, quiet, loving; I think he and Willow will be great snuggle buddies.

Luna will come home on Monday, Karl still has to be neutered, so maybe by next weekend. Photos to follow soon!

Still grieving, but ready to love too.
Kimberly

--------------------
...You precious children, of four feet, whiskers, and mischief...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phinny1
post Jul 14 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,372

How wonderful! Please post pics when you have a chance.

--------------------
Moo - I miss your walrus kisses.
Rocky - What a gift it was to have you in in our lives. My heart aches daily for you and I can't wait to see you again.
...love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."- Kahlil Gibran

+Quote Post
Mink&WillowsMom
post Jul 21 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #3

Here they are! la bella Luna...
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mink&WillowsMom
post Jul 21 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #4

and her brother, yet unnamed..
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
TannerSmith
post Jul 30 2006, 11:59 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,876

They are both beautiful! We rescued four kittens from a fire about three years ago and out of those four came my very special Foosball kitty--an normal little tabby who is the most wonderful cat in the world to me. Tabbies can be absolutely awesome! Below is a photo of my "Foosy." (My kids named her that because she was as tiny as a foosball when she first came to our house).
Karen
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Mink&WillowsMom
post Jul 31 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #6

Tanner, please tell me why you love tabbies! Never had one before, and this one has me worried. She scratches on everything, and when I verbally scold her so I can stop her and redirect her, she gives me this flat, 'yeah, what of it?' look and continues right on. Rohan (the orange and white fluffball) looks at me in surprise, stops what he's doing, so I can take him to the scratch post and praise him there -- the response I expect. In your experience are tabbies overly willful cats? She's cute, she's very playful, she's sometimes cuddly, but wow she isn't much concerned with how I respond to her behavior. I don't want to be yelling at her. I know there's no such thing as an obedient cat, but I've been fortunate to have animal companions that give a fig how I respond to their actions and are willing to work with me on changing their misdeeds. Maybe I'm comparing her with Mink, he and I were SO connected.

Rohan is turning out to be a peach! He's very confident, and walks up to the older cat Willow, even when Will hisses at him. They'll be good buddies once Will gets used to it. And affectionate! I just adore him already. Luna I'm having more trouble with....

Please tell me what enchants you about tabbies in particular.
Thanks,
Kimberly

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mink&WillowsMom
post Aug 6 2006, 01:00 AM
Post #7

PS, y'all -- Luna has successfully won me over! She'll be a handful (see below) but she and I will figure it out. Just like the moon, she cast her spell and enchanted me. Willow is adapting too. He's *almost* starting to play with Rohan. Just a few more days I bet. Tonight he reached out and tapped Rohan on the tail, and when Roh turned around with a great big "wanna play??" grin, Willow got all serious, "no man, you misunderstood me, pipsqueak." It's funny watching him be intrigued yet feign disinterest at the same time. Very soon...
Kim
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:15 PM