IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leopold May Have Been Found!, Now that I have two new kittens too...
ladywolf
post Jun 16 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,254

Sir Leopold the Terrible would seem to be dining daily at the home of some people in my approximate neighborhood who have 9 dogs, 24 cats, 10 birds and a turtle! (They run a small-scale rescue operation, and the animals are extraordinarily well cared for.)

I haven't been able to actually see him yet, but they have seen my pictures and I have seen one that they took, and it certainly seems to be Leopold. Today I went up for the second time at his feeding time, and the little booger didn't show up, yet again. But he is living there quite stably and consistently--heck, so would I--so timing is not critical. They are going to try to get hold of a live trap and capture the little devil when they know that I am going to be around and reachable...

Meanwhile, I have a house full of kittens, who may not be prepared to have The Boss move back in, but that's their tough luck. There's no guarantee that Leo will stick around this time either, but it's certainly worth a try. I hadn't planned on raising Bengal cats, but that's what I'll be doing if they can all manage somehow to get along. Leopold is so assuredly The Boss that the kittens will just have to supplicate themselves to him and kiss his feet!

I am both very excited and apprehensive at the same time, as I don't know exactly what is going to happen around here in the next few days...

But, if nothing else, I am pretty sure that Leo is safe, and eating and drinking well.

Wish me luck, and thanks for all your support!!

Margi, Lily, and Willy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Jun 17 2011, 01:44 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,508

Oh, Margi biggrin.gif I am so, so happy. I knew in my heart that Leo was alive and well but to have it (possibly) confirmed is wonderful news. I truly hope and pray that it is him, and that he returns home with you, to take his rightful place as leader of the pride.

I wish you and your kitties the best of luck, Margi, and please keep us updated as often as you can.

Fingers crossed for you.

Cheryl xx

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 17 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #3

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Margi, thank you so much for the wonderful news update. Perhaps the reason why Leopold went "adrifting" was for companionship - - since his precious Ginger joined the angels. Now that he has younger siblings at home, he may find home more appealing. Eli was the feline "boss" in this little household, but it was so amazing watching him with Noah and Abbygayle, and especially Noah. Noah idolized Eli, and Eli took Noah under his paw. And Eli - - my wanderer - - became very content to stay home since he had "one of his kind" to pal around with. So, the same may happen with your Sir Leopold, Willy, and Lily.

I do hope and pray that your neighbors are able to lasso that little rascal so that he can be returned safe and sound to you, my friend. Please keep us informed as to how things go, and please know you and your furkids are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
kajoorsmom
post Jun 18 2011, 12:41 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,531

Oh leopold, I have been worried sick about you vicariously. Can't you just come home to your mom you rebellious teenager!
I do hope it's him! Fingers crossed,
love,
rachna

+Quote Post
janika
post Jun 18 2011, 05:26 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,120

Oh I do so hope it's Sir Leo, Margi. It certainly sounds positive and I'm hoping that he's soon back home and claiming his role as TC. He might have some competition now though, especially from Willy. Please keep us updated.

Hugs
Jan and my Angels and Pixie x

+Quote Post
Lana
post Jun 18 2011, 07:22 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,087

Hi Margi,

That's great news! I hope everything goes well for you and I'm glad to hear that King Leopold may be ok! biggrin.gif

All the best,

-Lana

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post Jun 20 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #7

Just a quick update--absolutely nothing has happened yet. I have been up to the folks' house at least four times now, and Leopold keeps showing up to eat about ten minutes after I leave--Grrrrr!! We have compared photographs and are virtually certain that the cat staying with them IS Leopold, but I haven't been able to confirm it for myself.

Since he is acting feral and not letting anyone approach him too closely, these folks are looking for a live-trap to capture him in. They haven't turned one up yet, but I've no doubt that they will...

I keep telling the little ones to "Get ready, The Boss is coming home," but of course, they have no idea what I mean!

So...no news is...no news. Thanks for all your kindly supportive responses!

Hugs--Margi and The Littles

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Jun 20 2011, 05:30 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 6,508

Thanks for the update, Margi. How frustrating! I hope you manage to 'catch' him soon.

Thinking of you, Leo, and "the little ones" smile.gif

Hugs, Cheryl xx

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 21 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #9

Forum Moderator

Hi, Margi, like Cheryl I'm keeping you and Sir Leopold close in my thoughts and prayers that you both will be happily reunited soon.

How are Willy and Lily doing? Are they sufficiently recovered from their bout of mange? You will need to keep watch on that for awhile because it can lay dormant and then resurface.

Hope life is treating you and your little furkids kindly, Margi, and please let us know what's happening with Sir Leopold.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post Jun 22 2011, 03:54 PM
Post #10

Hi MoonBeam and everyone--

Yikes, I hope I have new news by the end of this weekend. The folks who have Leopold knew that I would be working Mon.-Wed. and couldn't do anything at my end until I had a day off (Thursday, tomorrow.)

The mange has really settled down, and they appear to be "healed," MoonBeam, but I know that it remains in their systems forever and can flare up at any time, really. In fact, a very knowledgeable man at a feed store said that all dogs and cats HAVE mange--just have differing abilities to fight off the effects of it. Do you know if that is true?

My "cure" was to make up a batch of oregano oil, with olive oil and tons of fresh oregano, and slathered that all over the mangy areas. I don't know if it really did any good, or if it was just time that helped them--especially Willy--to heal. I also just plain scraped some of the mites and their little dwellings off with my fingernails--the most direct approach!!

The Littles are The Little Biggers now--they're exploring around outside and developing very distinct personalities. Lily is very shy and quiet around strangers, and doesn't like to be picked up too much--but LOVES to climb her mother's legs and back--ARG!!! Willy is Mr. Personality Plus--is much more curious and friendly than Lil. Neither of them is anything like Leopold, however--Leopold is kind of like the Godfather of all Bengals--he is really too much!

Right now the evil guy with the big dogs is out of town, and it's been very very peaceful, so kitties have been free to come and go outside at will, though I keep an eye on them at all times and they're always indoors at night. I can only hope that the village idiot will still be gone when Leo DOES come home, so that he doesn't have all those dogs to content with right away!

Well, I'll keep y'all posted. Love to all--

Margi and Spiritwolf and Poppers' Spirit and Lily and Willy and Sir Leopold the Bold One

+Quote Post
sad
post Jun 22 2011, 06:19 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 6,483

Margi
It does sound like Leopold had a plan B at the farm and now has implemented Plan C at the rescue place. At least you know for sure now that he is OK. You sure will have a housefull of Bengals if you can catch him and it sounds like you will. Hope the bad guy stays away and Leo can feel safe.

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post Jul 31 2011, 01:50 AM
Post #12

Well, folks, it wasn't Leopold after all. It was a sweet, feral Bengal cat, but not my Leo.

He was whirling so fast in the live-trap that I couldn't really see his face, so I brought him home thinking that he MUST be Leopold. But before I went to bed that night, I gazed deeply into his eyes and realized that he was someone else, who was quite content to be living on his own, and being fed well by the folks who were hosting him.

My plan was to try somehow to get him caged again and return him to them, but he busted his way through a bathroom window that first night and disappeared...

I am both sorry and relieved at this point. The kittens and I make such a happy family unit, it was hard to think of disturbing it in any way, yet I SO hoped that Leo would be coming home to me (and us)...

I feel happy and sad and a bit confused, but i have my pile of fur-babies, and I am content with them.

Thanks for bearing with this whole story--

Hugs to all--Margi, Lily and Willy

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jul 31 2011, 12:41 PM
Post #13

Forum Moderator

Hi, Margi, thank you so much for sharing the news. I, too, am very sorry the cat you caught was not Sir Leopold. I hope he is safe wherever he may be, and that perhaps, one day when you least expect it, you will find him waiting patiently for you at the door to embrace him once again into your heart and home.

I hope life is treating you, Lily, and Willy kindly, and that you are being able to proceed with your plans to teach this fall and winter, which I know you would thoroughly enjoy. Please know you and your fur family are in my thoughts and prayers, Margi, and look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
ladywolf
post Aug 25 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #14

Well, I guess the time has come to say goodbye to my sweet, sweet Leopold. Many months have passed by now, and the chances of ever seeing him again grow slimmer and slimmer. I personally think that he was the victim of cat-theft--at least, I hope so, because then I could think that he was probably being well taken-care of. But I don't know of course--he could have been dead for months by now.

The not-knowing is still awful--I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I keep looking for him to come bounding up to my door, but know that there little likelihood of that. I would be so happy if...

I don't know why I'm feeling his loss so keenly today. I have the kittens, who are hardly kittens anymore, but much as I love them enough, neither of them is Leopold. He was truly something special. He had the WILDEST, GOOFIEST, most DARING pesonality, and the kittens are much more laid back and even somewhat timid, which may increase their chances of staying alive here in the wild wild west. Leo was the boss of the neighborhood, whereas the kittens are content to stay pretty close to home, which is good. But I miss Leopold the Terrible something awful, especially today. (Maybe it's an anniversary of his disappearance and I don't realize it, cause I don't remember exactly what day he disappeared. But its approximately five months today.)

Leopold, my sweet, bold, adventuresome kittie--I hope that your adventures have taken you to a good place, and I will love and miss you forever!! Good night, my sweet Prince, from your mama who raised you and loved you to pieces!

Margi, Willy and Lily

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 26 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #15

Forum Moderator

Hi, Margi, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you're doing. As you know I keenly share your loss of Leopold, too, and also share your hopes that he is with someone who is loving him and taking excellent care of him - - wherever he may be.

I'm glad you have sweet Lily and Willy for company. Of course they can never "replace" your precious Leopold - - no one can ever do that - - ever. Perhaps your precious Leopold is sending vibes from wherever he may be to Lily and Willy to be happy and content under your tender loving care. You are always a part of your precious Leopold, too - - wherever he may be. You will see him again, Margi - - I promise.

I hope life is treating you and your furkids kindly, my friend. Please know you, your precious Lily and Willy are frequently in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how you're doing whenever possible.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:59 AM