Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please Watch The Size Of Your Photos, 640x480 is best
LS Support
post Jul 14 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #1

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

please keep your photos on the small side, or my host will start deleting them. large photos (some lately have been 2+ megabytes) are also very difficult for people with slower connections to download. i have been resizing and reuploading these myself, but i dont have the time to catch them all.

photos should be sized to be 640x480 or 800x600 at their largest, and be under 400 kilobytes in size.

if you receive an error when uploading a photo, it is because its size or weight is too large.

you can use this handy online tool to remedy the problem, please save it as one of your favorites for future use. :

http://www.splashup.com/splashup/

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Jul 16 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #2

Forum Administrator

hello,

wanted to follow up on this post to reiterate that if you try to post a picture that is larger than 400k, the software will not let you post it. this is in effect regardless if you start a new post or reply to a post. please do not make single posts to post a single photo, it gets confusing for people reading.

you CAN have more than one photo in a single post, either by uploading one at a time or by replying to your own initial post.

sorry to be a pain, i want to make sure the site stays online. thanks.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post
Jon730
post Jul 17 2008, 07:48 AM
Post #3

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,585

I try to keep mine down to 400 pixels in the major dimension unless it is a special event.

Practically all photo managing software has an IMAGE RESIZE feature.

Perhaps some kind of tutorial can be generated for people. Probably many people never have occassion to use these programs till they suffer a loss, and then they are in no mood to learn graphics.

One very good photo managing program is CPIC..very easy to use and learn..available from www.photodex.com .
It is easier to use than Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro and quite cheap to buy. I have been using its various releases since Windows 3.1 .
It even puts the talk baloons on pictures like the ones I used in the Iggy Comics. You cancontrol color balance, brightness, etc.etc..

With digital cameras of 8 megapixels becoming common, it would be pretty easy to bring a site down if everyone began sending full camera images.

Practically all the camera software that is supplied with the cameras will resize.

--------------------
Miles, my friend and Cat-Wife. 3-11-2008
The Sweetest Cat in my Universe.

+Quote Post
Sammie girl'...
post Jul 9 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,847

I have tried this site to remedy the size problem. I still get an error message stating there is a problem with my file. Although I can upload to everything else I try. Any ideas?
Thank you very much
Melanie Gutwein aka Sammie's Mom

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Jul 9 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #5

Forum Administrator

Melanie, see my email. it says pretty much what this post says, but one thing you should try is to take the file into splashup and do a save as jpg. i have a feeling maybe the file is misnamed. not sure though, it's difficult to sleuth without being there. you might also try a completely different file. go ahead and test here if you wish.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post
Dusty Moonrise
post Jul 30 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 5,909

Thnx for info. Just now figuring out how to upload pics! Would never want to cause trouble for this site, as it is so therapeutical to folks like this old Redneck who at last found an outlet for his grief in the loss of "just a little dog"!

Andy

+Quote Post
CarissaP
post Sep 1 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,248

why was I able to upload a photo as my avatar then not upload the one I wanted for personal photo so uploaded a different one and why cannot i not upload onto posts. all my pics are taken on same camera and I am on mac using iphoto. No idea what size they are or how to resize, tried using splash link you posted but saved as document and site would not allow me to upload. Please help.

--------------------
Why do I need a signature. What is that for anyway? Isn't a personal statement, an avatar, a profile, a picture more than enough please? :P

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Sep 1 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #8

Forum Administrator

Attached Image

QUOTE (CarissaP @ Sep 1 2011, 09:53 AM) *
why was I able to upload a photo as my avatar then not upload the one I wanted for personal photo so uploaded a different one and why cannot i not upload onto posts. all my pics are taken on same camera and I am on mac using iphoto. No idea what size they are or how to resize, tried using splash link you posted but saved as document and site would not allow me to upload. Please help.

hi, i tested the forum software and it is allowing uploads of photos. here are a few things you can try:

• update to the latest flash player plugin (www.adobe.com) for your particular browser
  • make sure the file extension (ie, gif, jpg, png) is what your photo was originally taken in. some programs change your extension but do not reformat the file itself
  • size all photos down to around 640x480 pixels and no more than 400k in total size
  • sign off the forum, reboot your web browser, then restart/login again

it's difficult for me to sleuth exactly what's happening. if the above still does not work, send a photo file to me supportATlightning-strike.com (swap out the AT for the @ symbol) so i can take a look at what's going on. also send me the error message you are receiving and the file extension, if possible. i am unfamiliar with anything having to do with MAC computers, so won't be much help there. let me know how things go.

Attached Image

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:28 AM