IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lost Mishka And I'm Slowly Falling Apart..., I don't know what to do...
bcalamity
post Jun 23 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,810

I lost my beautiful 6 year old cat Mishka on June 18th sad.gif (I've attached some pictures). The one of her when she's all fuzzy is when she was still only 8 weeks old. </3

She is an indoor cat but we'd let her out occassionally for fresh air. Usually she would just sit in the backyard and stare at the sky. She never wandered far. At first I didn't wanna believe she was lost. The first night she went missing I woke up every two hours looking out the backyard door to see if maybe she had come back. Unfortunately there was no sign of her...

Since then I've put up flyers, walked the neighbourhood for hours at a time calling out her name, talked to neighbours, called shelters to see if they had found her, called the road crews and even talked to an animal communicator.

She was spotted a few days after she went missing by someone in our neighbourhood. It was around 1 in the morning in a large field that used to be farmland. He called me and I had no way of getting to the field ... my parents wouldn't hear of it. I asked him to see if he could catch her but she only ran away and then disappered into the field. The next morning I woke up at 5 and went looking for her in the muddy thorny area. I didn't find her.

Everyday I feel a little more broken.

My family hasn't been that supportive. They were never attached to Mishka. I on the other hand grew up alongside her. I had her since I was 13... since I was in middle school.. and now I've turned nineteen and I'm entering my second year of university.

I wake up every morning and still expect her to be sleeping right beside me.

I've looked everywhere. The search has been so lonely and it's ripping me apart.
I'd recently started to recover from clinical depression, but all of this has pushed me into an extreme relapse.
I've not been sleeping. I've lost weight.

Recently I got an email from a lady saying she had found Mishka. She turned out to be a scam who was only after my money.

You guys seem like a supportive community who understands... please tell me what to do.

I miss her so much.
I don't know to hold myself together.
I don't know what to do.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
havana
post Jun 23 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,757

QUOTE (bcalamity @ Jun 23 2008, 10:10 PM) *
I lost my beautiful 6 year old cat Mishka on June 18th sad.gif (I've attached some pictures). The one of her when she's all fuzzy is when she was still only 8 weeks old. </3

She is an indoor cat but we'd let her out occassionally for fresh air. Usually she would just sit in the backyard and stare at the sky. She never wandered far. At first I didn't wanna believe she was lost. The first night she went missing I woke up every two hours looking out the backyard door to see if maybe she had come back. Unfortunately there was no sign of her...

Since then I've put up flyers, walked the neighbourhood for hours at a time calling out her name, talked to neighbours, called shelters to see if they had found her and even talked to animal communicators.

Everyday I feel a little more broken.

My family hasn't been that supportive. They were never attached to Mishka. I on the other hand grew up alongside her. I had her since I was 13... since I was in middle school.. and now I've turned nineteen and I'm entering my second year of university.

I wake up every morning and still expect her to be sleeping right beside me.

I've looked everywhere. The search has been so lonely and it's ripping me apart.
I'd recently started to recover from clinical depression, but all of this has pushed me into an extreme relapse.
I've not been sleeping. I've lost weight.

Recently I got an email from a lady saying she had found Mishka. She turned out to be a scam who was only after my money.

You guys seem like a supportive community who understands...

I miss her so much.
I don't know to hold myself together.
I don't know what to do.

Am sorry for your loss, she is such beautiful baby, I also lost my Buster in another way three days ago and don't know how to keep going, am so sorry again and wish you the best of lucks to you and wish you would find her very soon, God Bless you and your baby, Jorge wub.gif

+Quote Post
bcalamity
post Jun 23 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,810

QUOTE (havana @ Jun 23 2008, 11:15 PM) *
Am sorry for your loss, she is such beautiful baby, I also lost my Buster three days ago and don't know how to keep going, am so sorry, Gog Bless you and your baby, Jorge wub.gif

Hey Jorge.

I'm sorory to hear about Buster...

I hope you find he/she.

We have to keep hoping. It's so hard to do... but we have to somehow try...

+Quote Post
Zita'sMom
post Jun 24 2008, 12:21 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,938

Hello

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I have been there too. October 20th last year was the last time I ever saw my dear sweet Zita.

I do so hope your Mishka arrives home safely.

All I can say is that after all these months, I am able to better accept Zita's loss, but it doesn't change my missing her or loving her. She was a very, very special healing kitty. In my own heart I know Zita is in spirit.

However, I heard many, many stories about cats returning home after days, weeks, months, even years, so all hope is not lost for Mishka.

I know that when you are down losing a special furry friend can feel like the worst "kick" while you are down. It is something some people can never understand, but I believe that those who feel this grief are more sensitive than most. Sensitivity is the ability to open your heart to something special. Some people who never feel this grief also lose out in the great love we experience from our pet friends.

So all I can say is hang in there - there are many people who do understand your feelings, and you are not alone.

take care

Jan.

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Jun 24 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,876

I would keep going to the area she was seen and calling for her..as often as I could. She might have seen something to chase and then didn't know how to find her way back. That is why I am always too scared to let my cats outside ever. My neighbor used to take hers out in the morning just to sit on the back porch together and one morning her cat saw another cat sleeping under her car and took off after it. Her cat had never been outside her yard before and didn't know how to get back. I have heard other stories where cats came back after a long time.

You are only talking about a few days...MIshka should still be around the area...there is a heartwarming story in this section on this page called "4 weeks today" by Eagle's Mom about her missing dog and what she did and a miracle happened and she and the dog were reunited. You might get some ideas of what to do by reading what she did.

I hope you find MIshka but chances are you are going to have to search a lot .....also keeping asking around for recent sightings and go to those areas when you can.

I lost a couple of dogs for a few hours one time..late at night..and somehow the adult came back to the street and the puppy followed.
I was devastated and when I found out my neighbor's dog had unhinged the gate and let my dogs out...There was a lock put on there that no dog could unhook.

Talking to people, flyers posted, it is so soon and she is being spotted....you have to go wherever you think she might be in the area. I am sure she would respond to your voice.

My prayers are with you to find Mishka.

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post
goliath
post Jun 24 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,239

My prayers are with you in that you will find Mishka very soon. Long ago when I had furkitties one of them named Fat Cat would often leave for weeks at a time. The first time he took off I was devasted and worried to pieces. Many weeks later he did return. I had thought I would never see him again. After his first escapade I had to learn to stop worrying so much. Fat Cat had his own plan in mind and knew what he loved to do most. He was quite an adventurer right up until his last day of life.

I do so hope for you that Mishka returns safely. Don't lose hope because sometimes miracles do happen. In May, my baby Browser ran off into the woods. Many never thought he would make it home again. The story of his miracle rescue and return home is written here in Lost/Missing Section if you wish to read it.

Many hugs of comfort for you from my heart to yours. Keep coming here to LS where you will find support with love and complete understanding. wub.gif

Take care.......Lots of love,
Beth

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post Jun 29 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,048

Here's some advice, based on experience, about flyers...go around ever so often and put up fresh ones.People stop noticing them after awhile, or they assume you have quit looking, or the cat has been found. I'm so sorry your beautiful kitty is missing, don't give up. And I will remember you and Mishka in my prayers.

Dayna

--------------------
"You in heaven...be aware. When my day comes I will be there. Then open your gates and you will see....on wings you gave, they'll fly to me"

Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog.

Rescue one, until there are none!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:53 AM