Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
goliath
post Mar 9 2009, 05:11 PM
Post #42

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,239

QUOTE (ann @ Feb 23 2009, 08:14 PM) *
Don't forget to send that into the next Halmark photo contest..Way too Cute!!..Glad everyone's doing ok. Ann

Thanks Ann. smile.gif Though I haven't sent any pics to Hallmak yet, I did send some in for the 2010 chihuahua calendar.

I appreciate your wishing us well. It was a rough go at first. But, between her new homecooked food and lots of TLC she is getting along nicely. We just take it one day at a time. smile.gif

Hugs and best wishes,
Beth

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Mar 9 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #43

QUOTE (katzen11 @ Mar 9 2009, 03:36 PM) *
I do love Your old girl Gidgie so dearly
those wonderful pictures
like I can say with my 13 years old Jim
we have so much in common, we understand each other, we love each other

Hi Eva,

I've grown to love your Jimmy Klinger too. You always bring me such a BIG smile biggrin.gif when I see you around. Also, I hope you are feeling better than you were when we last spoke.

Yes, Gidget is getting up there in years too. She'll always be my Gidgie Girl. Where there is an open heart, love will always follow.

Hugs with love to you and the boyz, wub.gif
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Dec 16 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #44

Once again, my Gidgie girl is in the hospital. sad.gif She will be having surgery on her cervical spine tomorrow morning. We took her into the vet last Saturday because it was very apparent that she was in quite a bit of pain. They gave us several drugs to try and reduce the pain and swelling in her neck, but that didn't work.

Yesterday after flushing her with cortisone by IV, her condition still did not improve. Her x-rays show distress on 3 of her vertebrae and inspite of the morphine drip she has been on all week, her pain has only been slightly less.

Today we made the decision to have the neurosurgeon go in to correct the problem. We're thankful it isn't a degenerative condition and looks as though it can be fixed with 95 percent success rate. She's very healthy otherwise so she has alot going for her. God willing the surgery will be successful and she should be able to come in about 5 days.

Please send your prayers, thoughts, and healing vibes to my sweet baby girl. She really is a sweetheart. wub.gif

Much love to all,
Beth

Attached Image

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
toonie
post Dec 17 2009, 05:36 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 2,632

Dear Beth, I know Gidget is surrounded by love as she goes through this difficulty. Praying that all will go well, that all will be as you wish it to be very soon and that the quiet love will settle in over those nerve wracking times. Many many prayers will be sent your way during today, great big virtual hug to hold you through this.

+Quote Post
katzen11
post Dec 17 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 3,125

hi, Beth
all my love, my thoughts, my very best wishes for a successful OP for Your lovely Gidget wub.gif
may she recover soon
Your`s Eva

--------------------
in loving memory of my sweet babycat Felice
+ 8 december 2006

+Quote Post
goliath
post Dec 17 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #47

Thanks so much for coming by Toonie and Eva! smile.gif

Gidget's laminectomy went well. She's sedated this evening and will be until morning. Since healing occurs during rest, it's in her best interest to keep her extrememly quiet. So, we didn't go over to see her tonight. The surgeon says all will tell in the morning when they get her up on her feet.

There was one new disc that gel had pushed out and was pressing badly on her spinal cord. They took care of that one first. She had two other older lesions at C4-5 that they left alone because they said the risk was too high for paralysis if they attempted to work on those. The new one is what was causing all her extreme pain.

Overall their opinion is that she should do very well and be able to come home on Sunday. We miss her very much as does her baby brother Browser. wub.gif

I've made up a fresh batch of her favorite foods and will take it to her tomorrow along with lots of love and kisses.

As she progresses, I will let you know. She's always been such a good little trooper, so I am confident she'll pull through with flying colors once again..........God willing.

Love you both bunches.

Huggers,
Bet

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Dec 18 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #48

Hi Everyone!

Gidget was kept on a complete pain blocker today to reset her system with MLBs. So, we weren't able to visit with her today. Her doc says for the time being it's best to keep her pretty well sedated while the MLBs work in her system. Hopefully she'll show some improvement tomorrow as they wean her from the MLBs. We have a ways to go yet and are just taking it one day at a time.

Tonight we bought her some new food and water dishes which brings them much higher and easier for her to access. I'm glad I only have to work on Monday and Tuesday so that I have the rest of the week to spend with her. A good friend of ours is coming in to sit with her on Monday and Tuesday and Browser will go to work with hubby as usual.

Please keep the prayers and thoughts coming for her. We want our little girl to come home very soon free of pain once again.

Hugs to all, Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
katzen11
post Dec 19 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #49

dear Beth
I am thinking of Your little girl, precious dear old Lady Gidget a lot.
Looks like You have a good chance to celebrate xmas all together.

wub.gif

Eva

--------------------
+ 8 december 2006

+Quote Post
toonie
post Dec 19 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 2,632

Positive waves for both you and Gidget and all your loving family. Like Katzen says, looks like it will work out in time for Christmas, may all be well with your world. Take care and hugs.

+Quote Post
goliath
post Dec 20 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #51

Yours healing thoughts mean so very much to me. Especially right now. Gidget has taken a turn for the worse today. At this point she should be feeling better, but she isn't.

We just got back from seeing her and she was very sedated. She refuses all food, including her favorite peanutbutter. The docs are taking an MRI in the morning to see if there is something else going on that they didn't see in the mylogram. Chances are they are going to have to go back inside her neck again.

O DEAR GOD please fix her. I know she is only mine to care for here on earth, but ultimately she belongs to Him. We will continue to do anything and everything we can for her no matter the cost if there is a good chance we can restore her back to good health and movement again. She hasn't hit a critical stage as yet, so our hopes are still very high that the problem can be corrected.

God's peace and blessings to all,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Dec 24 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #52

We got our Christmas wish tonight. biggrin.gif After 11 days in the hospital, Gidget is home for Christmas. She has a long way to go yet before a full recovery.................one day at a time. Her laminectomy was successful and though she is still weak on her legs we are very optimistic she'll get a little stronger each day. wub.gif

Here's wishing each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas. May the memories of your beloved furchild or feather child bring you peace.

Hugs to all,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Dec 26 2009, 08:00 AM
Post #53

Though Gidget is in no pain, she has alot of trouble walking. We have to pick her up to take her to potty because she is still so weak on her legs. Her equilibrium is way off yet because of all the medications she is taking. Between my hubby and myself we have gotten up every two hours to give her the care she needs.

We missed seeing our families yesterday for Christmas. But, some great friends brought Christmas dinner over for us. Gidget's doc says rest is what she needs most and she is getting it. Her appetite is ravenous which we are very glad about since she lost over a pound while in the hospital. She only weighed 7 lbs. to start with.

We're hoping to see a little more improvement today. She's resting comfortable right now in her heated crate after eating a big breakfast.

Please send her some healing vibes and prayers. It's heartbreaking to see her like this and your thoughts really help to keep my spirits up.

Much love to all,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Dec 26 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 5,211

Good news that she is eating good. It will be a real heartbreaker for a while. I know only too well how sad it is to see them in this condition.

I had to carry Flossie for a very long time following her back surgery and they actually trained me to help her pee by pushing her tummy in exactly the right spot as she was unable to do that for a while. Once she got crabby about it I knew she was healing. Her first time coming down the stars (carpeted ones) was like the first steps of a child to us. Unfortunately I carried her a lot in later years as eventually the legs were difficult again for her. Her surgery was not in the neck area so Gidget will no doubt do much better.

Rest was a big part of our recuperation also. I used 2 baby gates to section off a small area that was carpeted once I felt she needed a bigger spot than the cage. Since I was working I did not want her to be able to get on the slick floor & slip but she was ready for more activity. 3 of us took turns coming home from work to check on her & take her out.

Just know that she appreciates all you are doing for her. I would not have done less for Flossie even though it was 14 years of a lot of extra care for her. You would not do less either and will take great joy at each improvement you see. Hopefully she will make great strides in a very short time.

Sending good vibes for a speedy recovery. Hang in there,

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Dec 29 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 3,362

Hugs Beth, I was out of town for the holidays.
I knew Gidgie girl would pull through, look at all that love she has from her family, and the people here.
I'm totally sending postive vibes your way so she can heal quickly, and get back to her regular self.
What a great xmas present for you both, to have your baby with you on Christmas!

I'm so happy for you Beth, give Gidgie a hug from me please.

Take Care

--------------------

+Quote Post
goliath
post Dec 30 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #56

QUOTE (Flossie's Mom @ Dec 26 2009, 02:00 PM) *
Good news that she is eating good. It will be a real heartbreaker for a while. I know only too well how sad it is to see them in this condition.

Hi Ginger,

Thanks so much for coming by with your encouraging and loving words. You are so right in that it is completely heartbreaking to see any animal in this kind of condition.

It's been a slow but steady progress for Gidget. The doc says it will take a few months before she fully recovers.

Luckily, she can poop and pee on her own. We just have to take her there to do her business. She's anxious to move a little quicker, but her mind works faster than her skinny legs can carry her.

She lost so much weight in the hospital and was still down 1 1/4 lbs. when we had her weighed again yesterday. But, she is eating like a horse and we expect her to continue putting some weight back on. Today we began weaning her down on her meds and also began range of motion exercises with her front legs, ankles, and elbows. Next week we'll start some hydrotherapy.

I've read about all the loving care you provided for Flossie all those years. What a blessing for Flosssie to have had you for her Mom. There's nothing we won't do for them is there.............no matter how worn out we get. Sort of like the energizer bunny.........we just keep goin' and goin' and goin'.

One day at a time my hubby and I will work together toward helping her recover with lots of love and all the care she needs. We've been alternating taking days off from work so that she is never left alone. Browser misses his playmate too, but at least he's been going down the street for playdates with his buddy Poncho alot. So, he's getting his needs met as well.

Thanks again for coming by. May the new year bring you many blessings and joy.

Hugs,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Dec 30 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #57

QUOTE (Bue's Mommy @ Dec 29 2009, 03:58 PM) *
I'm totally sending postive vibes your way so she can heal quickly, and get back to her regular self.

Hey Girl!

Consider the hugs given! biggrin.gif Your positive vibes are being received loud and clear. Gidget is one good little trooper and we are confident that she will continue to improve each day. Baby steps will eventually turn into bigger and longer steps. Long way to go yet, but the one thing we have is lots of time. I can't think of one thing I'd rather be doing than taking good care of her right now. wub.gif

You have a happy new year girl. Take care and please keep in touch!

Huggers,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Jan 1 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #58

The new year has brought Gidget a step further in her recovery. She actually DID place some weight on her left leg after some ROM exercises, mild stretch to her neck, and some massage. Things are looking brighter for her and for us. wub.gif

May all of you have a blessed and Happy New Year!

Hugs of love to all,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
katzen11
post Jan 1 2010, 04:44 AM
Post #59

oh Beth
I am sooo glad
thank you for the good news smile.gif
Eva
Jimmy Klinger
Felix von Hollabrunn

--------------------
+ 8 december 2006

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Jan 1 2010, 03:26 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 3,362

QUOTE (goliath @ Jan 1 2010, 12:53 AM) *
The new year has brought Gidget a step further in her recovery. She actually DID place some weight on her left leg after some ROM exercises, mild stretch to her neck, and some massage. Things are looking brighter for her and for us. wub.gif

May all of you have a blessed and Happy New Year!

Hugs of love to all,
Beth

Hey gurl, I thought I would post the pic you love. I put the text on it, because it seems like thats what the dog is saying, lol.

Happy New Year!

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:22 PM