Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Daisy, Our Daisy Will Be Leaving Us
Mistletoe
post Jan 16 2019, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 3,246

Well, I thought, New Year, a new happy start--But it's not to be--😢😢 Daisy, our Rat Terrier, has not been her usual self for a couple weeks--Went to the vets today.
She has a large mass, in her belly and it's cancer.😡 I was afraid of that.
Can't do anything for her --she has either a few days or a week--could be a little longer--but it's affected her eating and her GI tract. I am hoping she'll just go in her sleep--I hate to have to put her down.😢😢🥺 We have had her since 2010.

Attached Image
[color="#0000FF"][/color]

--------------------
Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives..." John Galworthy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Remembering Dais...
post Feb 14 2019, 06:37 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,670

Dear Mistletoe,

I am so sorry for your terrible loss. We lost our Daisy more than 12 years ago and I miss her still and always will. I would like to share a thought with you that really helped me.

You gave your Daisy a wonderful life, full of happiness and love. If she hadn't been your dog, she still would have lived and died but not with the love you gave her. If you hadn't known her, you wouldn't be sad now, but she would not have had such a loving life. The price of her happiness is the pain and sadness you feel now. She is so worth it. I know that you would not have missed a minute of your time with Daisy, no matter how sad you are now. Remember always the joy and love you had with Daisy.

Another Daisy's mom

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Feb 17 2019, 06:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,246

QUOTE (Remembering Daisy @ Feb 14 2019, 06:37 PM) *
Dear Mistletoe,

I am so sorry for your terrible loss. We lost our Daisy more than 12 years ago and I miss her still and always will. I would like to share a thought with you that really helped me.

You gave your Daisy a wonderful life, full of happiness and love. If she hadn't been your dog, she still would have lived and died but not with the love you gave her. If you hadn't known her, you wouldn't be sad now, but she would not have had such a loving life. The price of her happiness is the pain and sadness you feel now. She is so worth it. I know that you would not have missed a minute of your time with Daisy, no matter how sad you are now. Remember always the joy and love you had with Daisy.

Another Daisy's mom

Thank you for your support. True---had we not had the god fortune to rescue her, she would have died a long time ago. She was like a child---every place that we went, and she was welcome, we took her.
When my husband, moved back to his hometown, in Pa.--I stayed in Fl. so we were sure it would work out for him. He went to a new job there. First 2 times I went to see him, I boarded her---I flew--she got sick on me, both times. So that was the end of that!!! Then, I started driving "Miss Daisy" every time I went, until we moved up here. She loved to travel----every time I picked up the car keys, she would get so excited. And--she was a good traveling dog.
That is why, I miss her so much. She actually was a part of me.
I know it'll take time, for the deep ache to go away.
One day, I am hoping, she'll find another Fur-baby, who needs us.

Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives..." John Galworthy

--------------------

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:04 PM