3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Visits From Your Babies After Passing On
honeysmomforever
post Apr 30 2005, 12:10 AM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 831

I had a beautiful Collie Dog that had to be put down when I was 16 years old. I grieved so hard for her. Many many years later I had a dream that I could reach out and touch her under her Ruff and I smoothed her fur the way I did when she was here on earth. I swear it was her way of saying Good-Bye and it was okay to go on. I woke up sobbing but I was very comforted and I have never worried about her since. I swear I felt her fur as if she was alive and in person.

--------------------
The Best Dog In The World Left Us To Go To Heaven on April 14, 2005. We miss her So Much!

Rest In Peace Honey Mon Bebes (5-5-88 to 4-14-05)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NickyzMommy
post Jun 18 2005, 05:21 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 942

My ffolx' cat, Spooky, was 19 when he died on December 11, 1983. Seems odd it was that long ago! He was a huge, black longhair (not Persian), tho' at the end he was more brownish. He is buried close to Nicky's resting place.

A year ago to the day of Spooky's passing, I'm sure I saw a black cat sitting in that spot in the garden. I believe my mom saw it too. So, yes, I believe there's definitely something to the notion of our kitties paying us a little visit. I haven't seen Nicky yet, but we were so close, I'm open to it.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugz, everyone)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

--------------------
-------------------------------------------
Things are more like they are now than they ever used to be.

+Quote Post
Jazz's mommy
post Aug 5 2005, 02:22 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,064

Hi, I'm new here, but I had to share a story about my Jazzy's visits. Jazz loved to sit on the washer. I'm not sure if he liked the motion or what as he always sat there. Anyway, if I went to the restroom when he was there, Jazz would reach out to you with his paws and hold your face in them. Well, after he passed, I was extremely depressed. One day, shortly after he passed, I heard a huge thump on the washer. I went to see if it was one of my other two cats (though I don't know why as neither of them sat on the washer). There was nothing in the bathroom, but I know Jazz was there.
Another thing. Jazz loved to chase his Jessi Bessie (lol, our other cat). When we got ready to go to school, he'd start chasing her. She seemed to love this too. Well, after Jazz had passed, I woke up and all of a suddent Jessi starts running through the house as though her tail was on fire. I laughed because I knew that this was Jazz's way of saying goodbye to Jess.
Now, that it is almost a year since he left me, Jazz doesn't visit anymore. But, I know that he did because I was severely depressed, and he wanted me to feel better. Now, I have happy images of him instead of the visions I had of how he died. His visits were a way to tell me that he still loved me and that it wasn't my fault that he died. I love that cat.

Diane

+Quote Post
mosmommy
post Aug 5 2005, 03:29 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 910

Hi,
Just last night, after having a very sad day of tears, and missing my Mo, I swear that I heard his meow. I even turned down the T.V., and told Aaron to hush, because it sounded so real. I dreamt of him a couple of weeks after he died, and that was great, but that sound of his cry stopped me dead in my tracks. Aaron didn't hear it, but I KNOW I did. It actually made me cry harder, as I was already having a bad day, and the sound reminded me of how long it's been since I heard him talk for real. He had such a special voice, and I miss hearing it everyday, but thanks to that sign last night, I remembered just how beautiful he sounded when he talked.
I didn't have it in me to type a post about it today, so when I came across this thread, I decided to share it here.
We are so grateful for their lives they shared with us, and even more grateful when they give us signs in the midst of our grief.
I love you, baby boy, come visit me again.
Michelle

--------------------
Our beloved Cosmo came to us in June 1995, and died on May 24, 2005.
Our beloved Beaner came to us in April 1992, and died on June 18, 2006.
Our beloved Creep came to us in October 1997, and died on May 22, 2004.
All our babies are loved and sorely missed.

+Quote Post
Ken Albin
post Aug 12 2005, 09:50 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 854

Several weeks had passed since we euthanized Daddy Cat. I was lying in bed one night and suddenly I heard a thump sound at the foot of the bed. There was some light from the next room so I could see the covers as a depression was made near the end of the bed. I felt a movement across the bed and then for a moment I felt a warmth next to me and heard a deep purring sound like Daddy Cat used to make when he would lie next to me in bed. I looked beside me and could see nothing but I felt a sense of love and acceptance from that spot next to me on the bed. A few moments later the sensation left me and I sensed that he had gone back after saying hello one last time.

--------------------

Daddy Cat left this world at the age of 17. His tribute page is at Daddy Cat's Tribute Page

+Quote Post
rushie'smom
post Sep 9 2005, 03:48 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 1,091

Oh yes. Rushie seems to like it so much here, he's not leaving. Go figure. smile.gif

We heard him alot in the days right after he passed. But every night since, his dog bed in our front hallway moves. Every morning I move it back against the wall and every night, he slides it out where he likes it. Haven't heard him in a few days, but that bed moves like clockwork. I know when visitors come, they're going to ask where the dog is, since there's a bed there, but I'm not getting rid of it! I don't care if some think it's weird, I haven't even washed it. The cat won't sleep on it (she sees him sometimes, I swear). I'll just have to say "Oh, he's around here." with a mysterious smile.

You're right too, it really helped with the grief to feel his presence and know he was here looking after us.

--------------------
"A good dog never dies, he always stays, he walks besides you on crisp autumn days when frost is on the fields and winter's drawing near, his head within our hand in his old way."
- Anonymous

+Quote Post
Bird girl
post Oct 20 2005, 10:52 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 1,193

T-bird has been paying me visits ever since her death. They're less frequent now, though last week when I was going through a really bad time, she visited again. I was sitting at work, looking out the window. Tears were running down my face. I was thinking of T-bird; missing her so so much! I was also hoping we wouldn't get any customers for the time being. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her sitting on my shoulder! It was very distinct.

For the first month after her death I'd hear her in the forest outside the bathroom window. She'd make a very distinctive whistle that no wild bird in the area makes. Every now and then I'll still hear her cluck from somewhere in the house. It's all so strange but is also reassuring. I like to think of her flying outside in the forest instead of just in the house.

--------------------
T-bird, my beloved Dusky Conure.
April 1989-June 5, 2005

+Quote Post
ADE
post Dec 8 2005, 12:51 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 1,257

The day we put Seth down i came home and cried myself to sleep on the couch. Whenver i layed on that couch and slept, Seth would climb on my back and sleep on me. The day that he passed, i felt him climb on me, arrange himself just so, and then went to sleep with me. When i woke-up i could still feel him there! I know that he was just trying to tell me that even death couldn't seperate us!

Two months after we lost Seth, we got Tommy from the vet. The vet figures he was born around the last weeks of Seth's life. For the first few weeks it freaked me out because Tommy was doing things that only Seth ever did. Our other two cats, Benson and Savannah, took to him right away! These are two cats that FREAK out when another cat is even in the yard! Tommy even steals my husbands glasses the same way Seth did!

Two days after Seth passed, i asked my husband if he really wanted to come back, would Jesus let him? My husband said i think so. I than asked how would we know that it was Seth? My hubbie told me that he would take off his glasses, show them and when the Kitty grabbed them, we would know that it was Seth and take him home with us! Tommy was so skinny and weak and beat-up in the Vet's office when we first saw him, the vet warned us he was not moving a lot. He jumped up and grabbed the Glasses!!! Now, i don't know if Seth has come back to be with us or if he is just talking through Tommy too us, telling us it's okay. But, i know something is going on between Tommy and Seth.

--------------------
Forever you will be in my heart and on my mind, but for right now God hold's you in his hands.

I love you my dearest Seth!
Love, your Mommy

+Quote Post
Birdiemom
post Jul 1 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 1,454

I have been visted by my Misty a couple of times, I hear the jingling of the tags on her collar, First time I had to make sure MY new dog was on the bed, and he was, sleeping... The second both dogs were there, but Bernie, Misty's sister was looking out into the hallway like she could sense her presence. I am sure MIsty was stopping by to say Hi to her sis and let her know she is near, not that Bernie is ready to go... maybe Misty is planning on living some more through her, whatever the case I hope Bernie finds having her there contenting.

+Quote Post
Daisy's Mommy
post Jul 2 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,515

A few days after Daisy passed away, my husband and I had the same vivid dream at the same time - between 3:00 and 5:00 in the morning. In our dreams, Daisy came back and we both wanted to wake the other up to say "Daisy is back!" The dreams were so real and so identical that we felt sure that it was more than a coincidence. Daisy came back to help us with our terrible grief. She wanted us to know that she was o.k. She was a dog that could not bear to see us unhappy, so it makes sense that she would be the same after her death.

Also, right before she died, my husband had a dream in which she was running towards him with tears in her eyes. I believe that was her soul telling him that she would be leaving soon and would miss him. She was his special baby.

We still miss her terribly, but the dream did help.

Daisy's Mommy

+Quote Post
Mink&WillowsMom
post Jul 10 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 1,750

Oh, this thread of posts is making me cry. In the last few years I lost two cats who both visited me in dreams a few times. You're right, they're not like other dreams. In fact, in one, when I saw Tin, I yelled to everyone else to hold on a minute. Then just like pausing a movie, I rushed over, scooped her up, and had a joyous hello. Moments later the dream picked up right where it had left off.

My recent loss was Mink, 4 weeks ago today. Two days after he was killed (at age 3), Willow and I woke to a thwapping sound on the bathtub. Loud, rapid, thwap, thwap, thwap. EXACTLY the sound of Mink's tail flicking back and forth as he excitedly watched birdies at the feeder outside the window. (Kitty TV, I called it.) It was loud, it was there, and both Willow and I heard it. Because it was SO loud and real -- no barest wisp here, I immediately dismissed it as being Mink. The only thing I could think of was that an animal was under the house and flapping around under the tub area. Structurally, this makes no sense, but to scare away the animal, I thumped my fist on the side of the tub. It still kept going. Odd, if it were a bird underneath, that should have scared it away. So I stepped into the tub and stomped my feet. It stopped. I haven't heard the sound since. And the only thing it sounded like -- the ONLY thing -- was Mink's tail, thwap, thwap, thwap. It's hard for me to believe that Mink's spirit could make such a loud physical noise, but now with reflection, I feel it was him. And I REGRET stepping into the tub to make it stop. I hope he doesn't think I was trying to scare him away -- I'd be horrified if he thought that. I wish I'd just listened, and watched the birdies with him.

Oh, I ache with missing him! He was my baby, my child, my light. I so desperately want to have another visit with him, so I can show him how much I love him and never meant to chase away his presence last time. sad.gif Sometimes I feel like I'm coping okay, and then a bubble of the most crushing grief surfaces and I'm sobbing all over again.

--------------------
...You precious children, of four feet, whiskers, and mischief...

+Quote Post
Phinny1
post Jul 11 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 1,372

Yes, the day after I put my beloved Rocky down I was standing in the hallway in my house. All of the sudden the strongest smell of of cat chow came over me. I was not near the food bowl so I know it wasn't that. The smell was actually overwhelming. I knew it had to have been him as I never experienced that smell before or since.

Last week a couple of times in the house I'd catch a dark shadow out of the corner of my eye. Moving like it was following me. Very strange but I felt it was him. No dreams yet but I keep hoping he comes so I can see him, hold him and of course give him a million kisses. wub.gif

--------------------
Moo - I miss your walrus kisses.
Rocky - What a gift it was to have you in in our lives. My heart aches daily for you and I can't wait to see you again.
...love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."- Kahlil Gibran

+Quote Post
KeriTiasMom
post Oct 29 2006, 04:56 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 2,138

When I went to walk in the Race for the Cure not too long ago we stopped after the walk (my mom and I) to listen to the speeches from the various survivors and local tv personalities. Anyway, amongst the ppl in the crowd was a woman holding a chihuahua that looked EXACTLY like my Tia who I lost about a month ago....it was so uncanny I started to cry (thankfully I was wearing sunglasses and I think no one noticed or thought I was crying about the survivor speeches....oops). for a split second I was filled with relief thinking "she didnt' really die! it was a mistake there she is!" but when I realized just one second later that wasn't the case I cried all over again to realize her death was true...not something I could talk myself out of as being a bad dream or something....Anyway when I saw her I noticed fireflies...probably 30 of them..flying around above the heads of the ppl in the crowd. Fireflies traiditonally symbolize the spirits of the deceased...So I feel like it was a twofold sign...one was that Tia was telling me it's ok (cuz I saw a dog just like her AND fireflies at the same time) and two it was a sign from the loved ones of the ppl who were at the walk who had lost loved ones to breast cancer. This was a truly touching moment.

The next day I was browsing an internet video site, just looking at the most recently posted videos not browsing anything in particular and on the last page I decided to look at before going to bed I saw a video of a chihuahua that also looked just like Tia. mind you, this is the day after I just saw a chihuahua just like her at the Race for the Cure! I was so shocked cuz I never really saw (or didn't notice) chihuahuas like her all around me like that before until recently. I felt, perhaps foolishly (to make myself feel better...but, hey, perhaps not...) that this was a sign.]

Also, I won't go into detail cuz it would take a long time but I dream about Tia almost every night. I had a VERY realistic dream that had the same surreal feeling and instant memory recovery to it like some dreams I had in the past of my deceased cousin who visited me in dreams after her death (and told me things only her mom knew...I later confirmed when I told her my dreams). I refer to the instant memory recovery because these dreams, unlike my usual ones, I don't remember as soon as I wake up. I remember them in a sudden flash like something just hit me and I went "oh....where is this memory coming from?" and I realize...I dreamt it last night..but it wasn't like a dream at all it was so real. I had a dream like this about Tia just a week or so ago.

+Quote Post
Mink&WillowsMom
post Oct 29 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #34

I keep wishing for another sign from Mink. After that first experience the day after he died (thwapping tail in the bathtub sound, see above), there's been nothing. He hasn't shown up in my dreams, where I desperately want to visit with him. Sometimes I get the feeling he's sitting on the back of my recliner, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

A friend of mine at work has given me pause, though. Starting the week after Mink died, before she'd heard about it, she noticed a ball of purple-blue energy tagging along at my heels. When I told her about Mink, she was relieved, "I wondered why the heck I was seeing that." It doesn't really have form, but the movement of it is cat-like, "and it's happy and loving, but that's about all I can tell you." She's a pretty grounded person, not astral-foo-foo, but she's training in bodywork and is becoming more intuitive/sensitive to energy around us. Last week she said that "oh it's still there, but now there's two of them." She added that it feels like there's some really big changes coming soon, and they're here to support me. Not necessarily bad changes, but big ones.

I'm guessing the second presence would be Tinsica, a life-companion dear-heart kitty I lost 4 years ago, at the ripe old age of 18-1/2. Her death was wrenching, but not unnatural. Mink died at age 3 by being hit by a car -- a wrongful death. The grief has come back full-force. It's been over 4 months, and I was doing better in July and August than I am now. For a while there I was able to talk about him, and show pictures, but now I can't even think his name without crying. I cry every day again. I feel like a crazy woman.
Kimberly

--------------------

+Quote Post
Precious' mom
post Dec 4 2006, 08:53 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 1,995

This may sound too good to be true but I receive signs (not actual visits) from my Precious all the time, though not every single day. He chose to come to me as a rainbow last week. I was listening to a song while on hold with an insurance company (True Colours by Cyndi Lauper) and saw the rainbow outside my office window. I had just been thinking of Precious -- what a wonderful, comforting thing he sent!
I don't think of him with sadness, it's joy because he still sends little signs like that, still communicating because of the strong bond we shared. I miss him physically but he still remains with me in so many other ways. It's such a blessing that he still wishes to remain with me!
Lisa biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
AlleysMama
post Jan 2 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 2,356

I wait and hope every day and night that my Alley will visit me soon. it has been over three weeks and I keep waiting for one of these experiences. I just want to be able to know that she is somewhere and that she is happy and doesn't blame me for not being there with her at the end.

I miss her so much.

--------------------
Read Alley's Story

May 1, 1997 to December 9, 2006 - Always in My Heart

+Quote Post
mollysmom07
post Jan 16 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 2,451

I just lost my Molly on 1/15. Today I was picking an avatar and the chair in the dining room creaked liked it did when Molly sat in it waiting for me to get off the computer. I did a double take. Yesterday I kept hearing her collar. A friend said it is her spirit. I cried to Molly tonight and asked for her spirit to stay with me. It gives me a little comfort. If only I could quit crying.

Kim

+Quote Post
Sadies_Daddy
post Apr 5 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 2,805

Our Sadie girl left us last nite and my wife tells me she already heard her snort while she was taking a nap this afternoon.

For me, she hasn't even left yet as all I hear are her paws on the wood floor.

This is all very raw and I wish I could just feel my baby licking my face.

--------------------
[FONT=Optima]Ch. Sweet Sadie Sunshine - over the Rainbow Bridge - 04.04.07

+Quote Post
Mink&WillowsMom
post Jul 19 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #39

OH WOW! I JUST HAD A VISIT FROM TWITCH! First one, I've been waiting! I just heard his familiar "thump" as he jumped down off the counter where I fed him. It sounded just like him, and Willow looked up; he heard it too. Then I thought it might be Luna, but I got up and looked and all three cats were lying down quietly. HA! Brings a smile to my face to know he's around. smile.gif
Kimberly

--------------------

+Quote Post
kittylove
post Jul 19 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 3,190

I'm so glad I saw this thread! I have been afraid to post about my visits because I was afraid you would all think I'm crazy. So glad to see there are similar minded folks on here!

The Sunday after Mama passed I felt her brush up against my legs. I was playing with my son so I was not really thinking about her and I reached down to pet her. I then remembered, she's gone but really not gone!

I have had such a heavy chest since her passing and yesterday, I was with my "mentor" who is an extremely gifted individual (as gifted as John Edwards and Lisa Williams) getting my bodywork done. I suddenly felt the weight on my chest lift and sure enough, Mama was sitting on it, purring away. wub.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:51 PM