IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Love You, Gretta, We're in our new house - hey our friends are here too!
My Doxie and Me
post Oct 18 2014, 05:52 PM
Post #241

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,200

Forgive me in my interruption of your Beautiful words of life as I read your post I can't help but see...
Who slept on the dog bed and always waited for me to wish...A Beautiful life with a Beautiful friend..
Attached Image
Miss Gretta as you speak to tell a life long story that gives hope to others as i'am one of the many you have
given the courage to take a chance and help myself find a new friend when I was broken.. To listen
to your story and Bobbie that has truly touched my heart...As puppy pads line are floor as Trevor..
Cannot climb stairs... well without his mommy...
Attached Image
as I walk a path in Honor of my friend..when I have read your story you have given me strength to travel and
find a new friend that teaches me more about my self then I could have known as my best friend... Gretta
by walking in your words of the beautiful care.. As I feed her Meatballs with Horse size pills..
As you take care of the reflection of your best friend....
Attached Image
Gretta, Who slept on the Dog bed and made a wish for a special human to tuck her in at night...

Miss Gretta was just thinking of you and stop by as you write it helpes me move forward as you lay
a love one to rest they teach you more about yourself then you could have ever...
Attached Image
Smile;)

Gretta, I know we will meet again someday....
Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Nov 4 2014, 06:06 AM
Post #242

Member No.: 7,067

Good morning, Gretta Baby

Look at the beautiful thought and pictures that My Doxie has sent us - again. Don't his words go straight to the center of your heart and say exactly what you think and feel? He is such a good friend. And have you met his beautiful little brown dog? Be sure to look down when you're looking for him or play with him. He's VERY short. These dogs are called dachshunds - when I was a kid I used to think it was "dash hounds".

Thank you for being the first dog in my life. Thank you for opening my heart to the love of dogs - a love that goes both ways and chains you together with chains of love and caring for each other and protecting each other and taking care of one another - forever. The only way I can take care of you is by keeping in communication with you even though I cannot see you or hear you or touch you smooth fur. And by remembering all the things, small and large, that added up to a life together. Npw winter is coming and I remember how you wore both dog boots and baby shoes to keep your feet from chafing. You always got an A in socks and another A in shoes - and if helped a lot. I surely thought I would lose you during that last winder we were together, but you held on through the winter and into the warm spring when you waited for a warm day and went home in one day. I know you did that to spare me from having to watch my beloved dog from a long, slow, painful decline. It was your last gift to me on this earth and I love you for it to this day.

Gretta, sweetheart, could I ask you a favor? When you come across a dog who doesn't have people of earth who love them, ask them to join our family. We have enough love to share with all of them and more. Thank you Baby-G.

I love you and miss you more than the stars in the sky - and I think I know which one you are.

Until we meet again, don't ever forget who loves you.

Your mom forever.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Nov 4 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #243

Member No.: 7,430

Hi Gretta's Mom

Just stopping by to say I am thinking of Gretta and Trevor and all our babies playing together up there. I just imagine a sunny place where they have as much food as they want and they can just run freely all day together.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Nov 18 2014, 11:22 AM
Post #244

Hi Gretta Girl

I love you and miss you every day. You were my first dog as an adult. You showed me how to love a dog and you gave the most wonderful and warm love to me. You picked me out of all the people in the world to be your mom and best friend. I can hardly imagine. Every night when I came home from work and drove the car up to the front of the house I could see you sitting on the love seat waiting for me. Then when I walked up the sidewalk I waved at you and I could see you jump off the love seat so you cold meet me at the door. Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end. But new phases came all the time. First my heart was broken by you going home to the Perfect World. You really gave me a huge blessing by going in a single day, not lingering on and suffering. That was my first heartbreak as an adult. I realize now that it was practice for the MAJOR heartbreaks I have had this year. I had to for my beliefs in soulmates and their search for each other and their finding each other and then when one goes to the Perfect World, their spirit is still with the one left behind in the physical world. I did see a glimpse of you one morning a few days after you had gone home. I was so sad I was sleeping on your dog bed and just when I opened my eyes I caught a 1/10 of a second glimpse of a dog, an Irish Setter, between the dog bed and your dog "restaurant." Although this dog wasn't exactly like you, I knew this was a sign from you that you were OK.

Remember I bought that beautiful soft brown pillow with Doctor Hinson's name for you embroidered on it. It was supposed to be for you ashed but they were too big to fit into it. Now I am in a town far away and don't know what will happen to me, but I sleep with my head on your pillow every night, with Rufus's book right beside me.

I don't know what I am supposed to do now, Gretta the Great. Could you please ask the Good Shepherd to guide my steps into the path He wants me to go? I am a lost dog now, Gretta, sweetheart. Will you come and find me?

Thank you so much for finding me the first time.

Your loving mommie

+Quote Post
Hermy's Mommy
post Nov 18 2014, 06:40 PM
Post #245

Member No.: 7,365

Dear Gretta's Mom,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I've been away from this forum too long. Just catching up now. I am so very sorry for your loss of Bobbie. Her kindness, her compassion, and her love for others are unparalleled. My little Hermy is probably giving her bunny hugs and kisses every day. wub.gif

Sending you warm hugs too,
Hermy's Mommy

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Nov 21 2014, 07:27 AM
Post #246

Oh what could be better than bunny kisses! Bobbie loved Hermy so much. Can you see them in heaven right now - all together in a big mass kiss and hug!

Thank you for sharing and caring, Hermie's mommie.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 4 2014, 09:27 PM
Post #247

Gretta, dear dear Gretta,

I love you SO much. I miss you SO much. You are the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived. I know you are in the Perfect World with your brother Rufus, Trevor and his mom, the Dad, all your cousins, all our friends we've met here on Lightning Strike. I'm so happy for you. Someday I will be with all of you there. I believe it - I KNOW IT.

Gretta, baby, I need your help. I need some of your gentleness, kindness and hopefulness right now. Like you, someone I know and love has turned me out. My heart is broken like yours must have been. What did we do that made that person hate us so much that they threw us out? We'll never know. But we found each other for a reason and this is it. A girl and her dog - together. Together we will make it. And if I can learn your kindness, we will not have to fight anyone or any thing so we will survive.

I love you, Gretta. I wish I could curl up with you and sleep on the dog bed. Or look behind me on the sofa and say good night doggie to you just before I turned off the little lamp. And we could sleep peacefully all through the night.

Gretta, with your image always before my face and my heart I WILL survive and I promise I WILL join you someday.

With tears and love,

Your mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 24 2014, 06:38 AM
Post #248

Dear, darling Gretta, the dog of my heart

It's Christmas here on earth. Remember all those times we went to visit the dad and there were presents and singing and, although we had to leave you at home, the dad and I went to church and then to a church dinner?

This year, with Trevor's mom gone from earth and the Dad also gone from earth, done here we are very sad. Would you tell each of them how much I miss them and love them? And your brother Rufus, too.

Thank you, Gretta the Great. for teaching me how to always have hope, always to have courage to go on, and in the process of all that suffering and almost starving and freezing to death, you never lost your good heart. I'll never forget the people we met on walks, people who didn't even know you, would say what a kind dog your were. They could see it in your eyes, but I could see it in your heart. Remember the kindest and most capable dog doctor in the world? The one who gave you your name "Gretta the Great"? When he saw you after you had lived with the blessed Ms Margie who had rescued you the day she went to pick up another dog at Animal Rescue and "just couldn't leave that lab!" he said I should have seen the pictures of you that they took right after you were rescued - and I thought he meant the X-rays! How he laughed when I told him I sterilized the pill bottles AND the ladle I used to collect your samples to bring to him? We must have looked like mad beings with me running around behind you with that crazy ladle and eventually finding the stream and getting some into the ladle, only to have it all spill out when you moved! Sometimes we didn't get enough sample until we got to Summit Avenue.

I love you and miss you SO much, Babyface. Thank you for choosing me at my first adoption. Thank you for teaching me about courage and about never giving up. Thank you for teaching me how to grieve, so that when I REALLY needed it, I would be at least halfway ready, Please tell my mom and the Dad and Trevor's mom (especially) and your brother, Rufus My Big Black Dog, all your cousins and all the people and animals I know that I love them and miss them all and that if I am good like all of them were, I will be there with them one day.

Merry Christmas, Gentle Gretta!

Your mom.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jan 14 2015, 06:11 PM
Post #249

My dearest Gretta,

My first dog as an adult. The dog of my heart. The kindest chocolate lab who ever lived. You kept me grounded, kept my feet on earth and gave me a reason to get up in the morning and create an orderly life for you and even walk around the block just before we went to bed. Sometimes it was SOOOOO cold. I really felt bad for you, having to go out in that freezing cold weather, but you never once complained or resisted, Even when, to keep your rear paws from accumulating show and ice and your not being able to walk on them, i made you wear dog boots. Then to keep the seams from rubbing on your feet I got you some baby sox and we played "You got an A in sox, Sweetheart." and "You got an A in shoes." you were so patient. I loved you so much. I hope you felt love, too. Wonderful Dr. Hinson, your doctor, said he had never seen a dog and person who loved each other so much.

Now I am in Trevor's mom is gone from the earth to the Perfect World where you are. The Dad is gone there too. And your Brother Rufus. And Trevor-Forever. I miss Trevor's mom so much. We were kids together and when we grew up and became adults we were SOOOOO close. I came here to try to help her husband take care of her and to be with her when she was suffering. Now the Good Shepherd has taken her home and she, like all of you, are perfectly happy, young again, and in perfect health and youth. But, Baby G, someone is acting like a total fool and that is Trevor's dad. He professed to love her more than anything else in this world, and I believe he did. He stayed by her side during all the months and years she spent in hospitals over the years. I used to see little notes that Trevor's mom had left for him telling how much she loved him. And now he is disrespecting her in the worst possible way. Just a few months after she went to heaven, he couldn't stand the loneliness so he started looking for a girlfriend. After a few false starts, he's glommed on to a woman and he acts like he has completely forgotten about Trevor's mom. My heart cries every times I come here and see fewer and fewer signs of Trevor's mom here. And the crowning blow was when I was taking some clothes I had folded upstairs to his bedroom and saw NO pictures of Bobbie but instead a double picture of the new woman - AND he had turned the picture of Birney face down so he couldn't see it. My heart broke for the hundredth or thousandth time. I didn't say anything because it's no use talking to him, he's just going too do what he wants, which is disrespect the most wonderful woman on earth. He's not even thinking straight. Every night he writes this letter to Trevor's mom and puts it on the computer. In it he tells her how wonderful, one-of-a-kind person she is and how much he loves her and how she'll always be first in his heart, etc. etc. and then he turns around and gets a girl friend. Gretta, please send me some courage rays, 'cuz I need them.

Right now he has gone to meet this girl friend in a town about 15 miles away and he is very impaired and unsafe to drive.He's taken some narcotic pain pills his surgeon prescribed for him because he is in pretty bad pain from something that needs operating on a week from today. He also drinks a lot of wine on top of it and is still feeling the aftereffects of his day yesterday when he spent the whole day getting various medical tests that are needed before surgery. First he nodded off twice today for hours at a time, couldn't remember what prescription he was supposed to fill, forget we had breakfast at IHOP, forgot to buy flowers for Trevor's mom's grave, went to the gas station to get gas but he had forgotten his wallet at home, then looked everywhere until he found the wallet, changed pants because while trying to pump gas he got some salt on the pants he was wearing, then lost his keys and looked all over for them until I suggested that they were probably in the salty pant he had just taken off. I confronted him about it. I told him he was not safe to drive bit that i wasn't going to do anything like call the cops or anything like that.

Gretta, I know your life was filled with heartbreak. I tried to give you some happiness while you were with me. We had a lot of fun, didn't we? And I just couldn't part with your dog bed and your food-and-water stand when I moved here so I brought them with me. Please ask the Good Shepherd to send a little beam of cool water to ease my anger and sadness about the despicable actions of Trevor's dad.

Thank you for being my dog,, Gretta. Thank you for finding me at that adoption event. Thank you for coming up to me and gently laying your head on my lap. I keep thanking you for doing that, for choosing me, for finding me, for coming to me and bringing with you a whole universe of joy and love and reason for living with you. You changed my heart and my life, Baby Gretta. You are my heart and soul. Soon and very soon I will be with you forever.

Rest well, my sweet. Your mommie loves you.

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jan 18 2015, 07:27 PM
Post #250

Member No.: 7,200

Attached Image

Forgive me Miss Gretta;) Human request as iam sure you sat with you'r head upon an angels heart listening to many hours of Popsy Dixon.
Jeanne good luck on Friday and it's good to hear you moving forward in your life as your story's reached many people along with all of
LS people that have come forward as when you speak of your friend they have a way of healing others..

Jeanne when you attend Sing Loud;) as your voice carry's a beautiful story of your life with all your friends and my Angel Bobbie...

Attached Image
"When he was finished singing and was signing autographs, a lot of
people would ask, 'Where did you get such a beautiful voice?' His
answer to everyone was,'It was a gift from God.' "

By Ellen Robertson Richmond Times-Dispatch

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jan 19 2015, 03:31 PM
Post #251

Dear My Doxie

Thank you for the beautiful tribute to Popsy Dixon. You met the Holmes Brothers once on this thread. Now one of them is gone on to the Perfect World, playing around the Golden Throne. And in the first row is a beautiful girl named Bobbie surrounded by her wonderful cocker spaniels that she loves so much. And Right there beside her is an older man, clapping ON the beat but having the time of his life listening and clapping along.

You have a heart of pure GOLD!!!!!!!

Jeanne

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Feb 10 2015, 07:39 AM
Post #252

Good morning my precious BabyFace
Gretta, the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived. Remember that old man who gave you that name? The one we used to see on our noontime walks along Fariview Avenue. The one who always carried treats for you and once he had asked me whether it was OK to give you treats, gave you some every time he saw you. He's maybe in heaven with you now, Babyface. I guess in heaven it would be possible for you to find him even though we didn't know his name here on earth and he didn't know ours.

Gretta, so many people's worlds had a little (or a big) hole in them when you went to the Perfect World. The great big Husky from across the street and his mom and dad. Frieda, the little girl from the house behind us, and her mom. And blessed Jeannie who connected us in the first place and went with me on our saddest day. The couple in the little stucco house down the block with the Jack Russell. And Eigen and his mom - the most giant chocolate lab I ever saw. And our neighbors the other way across the street with the Yellow lab that you went to play with once in a while. And the man with the gorgeous white Shepherd that we couldn't get too close to because he was kind of skittish - and when a Shepherd gets skittish it's good to be careful. Remember Duke's dad? Duke went to the Perfect World about a year after you came to live with me and his sorrowing dad never got another dog as long as we lived there. And the three incredibly beautiful Bernese Mountain Dogs, a mom and her two children? And the two older ladies with the two older beagles. And then the little pit that moved in across from Frieda's house who used to charge us all the time. And the big dog that got loose and followed us home that Thanksgiving. I was sorry I had to put him in the basement, but at least he had a tag with his family's phone number on it. And remember when I finally did get a hold of her and told her I had her dog, she said, "Which one?" That made me sad.

We had some adventures, didn't we? And we had so many friends - friends whose human names we didn't know. We knew them only as some animal friend's mom or dad. Isn't that beautiful? And to think that it's even more happy and beautiful in the Perfect World where you are. I'll be there some day, Baby Face. I guess the Good Shepherd still has some work for me to do.

Please say hi to all our friends, animal or human, and tell them I'll be there when the time comes.

Look down at the stars, Baby Face. Each one is a tear that I have shed for someone whom I loved dearly and who now is not on this earth any more.

I'll never stop missing you and loving you, Gretta. You taught me to be a dog's person.

XOXO

Your mom

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Mar 1 2015, 03:35 PM
Post #253

Member No.: 7,430

Dear Gretta's Mom

Just had a look at your older posts as I have not been on here for a while and my those photos of your baby sure did make me smile. So beautiful!

Thinking of you all today.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Mar 21 2015, 11:01 AM
Post #254

Hello my beautiful baby!

My first dog! The dog who captured my heart at the first adoption I ever went to. The sweet, sweet dog who walked slowly up to me and lay her head upon my lap and gently pawed my leg a couple of times, saying "Please take me home. I'm yours, you know." You are the dog of my heart. I have a Gretta-shaped hole in my heart. That piece is the piece I gave you when you went to the Perfect World. Every night when I lay my head on your pillow, I think of us together and tears fall out of my eyes as I remember you and how beautiful and kind you were. And you still are. The kindest chocolate lab who ever lived. That's what the old man we met on walks and who gave you treats said - and with his beautiful soul, he could not be wrong. Even if he hadn't said that, I would have know it. I lived with you. I was the recipient of your love and gentleness and kindness. There are no words I can ever say to tell you how thankful I am for you. I'm sure that old man is now in the Perfect World with you and Rufus and Trevor's mom and the Dad, who loved you so much, and all your cousins and all the animals we knew on earth. Trevor can tell you about his cousins Dreamer and Kelly, dogs who are also rescued and dogs who I take care of for a few days every week.

Gretta, my heart will never be whole again. You have a piece of it. Rufus has a piece of it. The dad has a piece of it. Trevor's mom has a piece of it. Trevor has a piece of it. And I am so happy that the pieces of my heart are so treasured by such unbelievably wonderful beings. Someday I will be with you and we will all be whole and together - forever. Please put in a good word for me with the Good Shepherd.

I love you Gretta, the dog of my heart.

Your mom forever

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 23 2015, 06:11 AM
Post #255

Good morning, Babyface

[size="5"][size="3"]I just stopped by to tell you how much I love you and miss you and need you. I am here in a big old city and I love the city and the beautiful old red brick building I live in and Trevor's mom's best friend gave me some beautiful old furniture so it looks like a person actually lives here. But with Bobbie's mom gone and me not knowing a thing about this city, my life seems like it has come to a halt. I spend almost all my time in my apartment, just like the typical little old lady hermit. I do go to church twice a week and, during the school year I take Hindi lessons. I did join a special gym called a "y" and I am going to just MAKE myself go there three times a week. Please, Baby Gretta, help me to be as kind and gentle and outgoing as you were here on earth. I need to know that you are at my side when I go out and come in.

I love you Baby. Every night I sleep on your beautiful pillow. Someday we will be together in heaven.

Your mom missing you.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 9 2015, 07:58 AM
Post #256

Oh my darling Gretta, the kindest chocolate who ever lived. I know you think I have forgotten you because I haven't written for so long. But I know too that you can see into my heart and you know that it has been empty for these months that I have been silent. I told you once and a million times that I loved you and would love you forever. And I meant it. I know you know my heart through and through and I thank the Good Shepherd for creating a universe where we can exist in physical form OR in spiritual form. And as complex and beautiful and exciting as He made this physical world, He has promised that the spiritual world where we go next after leaving this world is a million billion times better. I know this because you are there and one day we will meet again and never be apart.

Thank you for finding me out of the billions of people on earth. Thank you for choosing me to be your mommie. Thank you for loving me WAY more than I could ever love you. Even our dear Doctor Hinson said he'd never seen a pair who loved each other as much as we did.

I'm back now, my beautiful chocolate lab. My spirit is always with you and I know your spirit is always with me.

I love you.

Your mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 29 2015, 09:31 AM
Post #257

Hello you - the most beautiful and the kindest dog in the universe.

Gretta, every day I discover more and more ways that you have brightened my life.

Do you know that I sleep with your pillow every night. I have a stuffed baby lion that Trevor's mom gave me and we all sleep together in a bed under the window in the living room high up off the streets of the big city I moved to when Trevor's mom was so sick and then went to the Perfect World where you are now. I know all of you hang out together a lot and there must be SO much love going among you all.

I say hello to all the dogs I see being walked downtown here. Their moms and dads are happy and most of the time they let me pet the dog. Just like that wonderful old man we used to meet on our noon walks on Fairview Avenue. Remember how every time we met him he gave you a treat?

Please stay close to me in spirit, My dearest. Life with so many loved ones, humans and canines, is difficult, lonely and sad. But I know there is another world coming where we will be reunited and be perfectly happy forever. Meanwhile, please say hi to every one I know up there - be sure you amble over to hear 2/3 of my favorite group, The Holmes Brothers. Brother Popsie and Brother Wendell. Take the dad over there to meet them. I know he'll like the music as much as I do.

Thank you for being my first dog as an adult and opening my heart to the incredible love of a gentle, kind dog.

I love you, Gretta. Always and forever.

Your mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 9 2015, 05:42 AM
Post #258

Hello Beautiful

Every day it's something. But every day is a gift of the Good Shepherd. When you see Him today, give Him my thanks.

Today I am going to sing again in church. I'm in two choirs - I went to one by mistake but then I just stuck with them and sang.

I'm in a little pain these days, especially at night. I have a tooth that is almost all gone and it aches a LOT when I go to bed. Because I gave so much money away to Trevor's mom's friend, I don't have much right now but this is an emergency so I had to send in my deposit to the dental school of the University here. It's like the big school where you used to go to the doctor when Doctor Hinson's office wasn't open. They have a special school for teeth. I hope I can hold out until they call me for an exam.

Babyface, you showed me so many things about how to live and I'm still learning the hard ones. Trevor's dad is easing his way back to the Dragon Lady he went out with right after Trevor's mom went to the Perfect World. I worked SO hard to help him get away from her and this time I have to put the problem into the hands of the Good Shepherd and LET HIM TAKE CARE OF IT. The Good Shepherd tries to teach us people lessons while we are here on earth so we can make it in to the Perfect World. I have always taken charge of things, made decisions, made changes, been responsible for myself. This "letting go" stuff is very hard for me.

A thought just popped into my head: that's what a DOG does when he comes to live with a person. He depends entirely on the actions of the person for his home, his food, his health, his happiness and ...... LOVE. So, I am practicing to be the Good Shepherd's dog. You did it. Margie your first mom brought you back from almost dying to a healthy, happy dog. Then you and I had five years together - the happiest years of my life and, I hope, the happiest years of yours.

I love you Babyface. Every minute of every day. Oh how I wish you were here physically so we vould play "Who wants to be a wolf?" or take our long walks, or I could sleep soundly with you sleeping beside me on your dog bed.

Run, fun, rest, eat, go with friends up there in the Perfect World. I can feel your spirit around me.

Your loving mom.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Sep 18 2015, 06:40 AM
Post #259

Good morning Baby Trevor,

I'm sorry I have'nt written for so long, but I had to start a page in another place for your cousins Dreamer and Kelly. I don't want to cause you to worry or be unhappy, so I will not tell you the details. Only that you so-called "dad" has gone completely crazy and I am no longer able to even see your cousins Dreamer and Kelly. My heart is broken but I know I have to keep my heart strong, because I know that his behavior is completely against the nature of the universe and so the Good Shepherd will eventually make the situation right again. Even if I never see these beautiful, sweet dogs, the dogs who have saved my live, again, I know that when they leave this earth, the will immediately fly on up to join you in the Perfect World where they, like you, will be perfectly happy in both mind and body .... forever. No one can stop this, no matter how crazy or hurtful they act on earth,

I LOVE YOU TREVOR! PLEASE ASK YOU MOM TO SEND PRAYERS DOWN TO DREAMER AND KELLY.

Your "Auntie Jeannie"

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Nov 27 2015, 07:12 AM
Post #260

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving, Gretta the Great! I'll always be grateful for you, my first dog.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 08:21 PM