5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Beloved Noah
LittleGirl's...
post Nov 29 2017, 01:56 PM
Post #41

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 274

Moon_beam, the memorial booklet sounds so wonderful !!! I love the idea of the writing from Noah's perspective. I'm sure he has a lot of very nice things to say. wub.gif

I'm sorry about the quiet and stillness that greeted you after your medical procedure. sad.gif I can just imagine. sad.gif

Please keep sharing with us here.

Kathy
QUOTE (moon_beam @ Nov 29 2017, 01:37 PM) *
I couldn't get back to sleep early this morning thinking about my beloved Noah's memorial collage, so I was up around 4 a.m. to start working on it again. I am pleased with the way it has turned out. It's more of a memorial booklet now with a picture of him on the front cover accompanied by two pictures of him with his beautiful baby sister Abbygayle, and a picture each of his big adopted kitty brother Eli and doggy brother Oslo. There is a dedication page which summarizes his life with his fur family members and how he and I were together for the remainder of his 7 years written from his perspective as he would tell the story. The rest of the booklet has poems. the Blessing of The Animals prayer by St. Francis of Assisi, and my favorite song by The Beatles, "In My Life" which has a "family photo" at the end of the lyrics.

Working on this project has helped me to feel close to him - - inspired by him as to what to include in his memorial booklet. Now all i need to do is print it out. The items I had to purchase to do his memorial bookmark are scheduled to be delivered on Saturday, so I can resume working on that project. And I can now put the pictures I printed off a few days ago into the picture holders for the urns. So projects are progressing.

As I proceed with sorting through all the things I have acquired for my beloved feline companions over the years it still brings a heavy sadness to my heart that I am no longer able to have a companion in my life, - - it's just one of those "bitter" adjustments that are a part of this grief adjustment journey for senior guardians.

Yesterday evening when I got home from my infusion treatment I had to swallow hard not to break into sobbing because my beloved Noah is not physically here to greet me anymore. The tears are welling up in my eyes now as I"m writing with the eerie silence that is now a part of this home that once had great joy. These memorials I'm doing are the last things I can do for my beloved Noah - - the last - - how sad and lonely that feels. I now have to try to find joy in other ways for the rest of my earthly journey - - this will be a very difficult task indeed. Still I'm thankful that my beloved Noah is no longer having to wait for me to be able to get him his meals because of my medical appointments that now very seldom cooperate with his meal schedule.

I want to thank each of you for all your comforting support and encouragement as I travel my grief journ

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
Compassion for all animals. www.earthlings.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 2 2017, 05:13 PM
Post #42

Forum Moderator

Member No.: 4,861

Today a gentleman who helps me with projects around the house came to move the carpeted kitty latrine boxes up to the garage for me. Now the space in the house seems more empty, another reminder that they are no longer needed because all of my beloved feline companions are now with the angels. As I was straightening up the blankets on the bed today I saw the fleece throw that I would warm on the heating pad and then Noah would snuggle under it. It breaks my heart now knowing that he no longer needs it. He also removed the carpets that had been on the floor for 20 years which had a lot of fur child "living" on them through the years. It was time for them to be removed, but they will not be replaced. This, too, adds to the list of reminders of how empty my home is now. This grief adjustment journey is a challenge to endure through when you're an older person. When I was younger I had things to look forward to, - - but now as age is taking it's toll it's a "reality check" that things to look forward to are now very limited in this earthly journey. I know the deep sorrow will ease in time, but for now my heart is aching.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 4 2017, 01:31 PM
Post #43

Forum Moderator

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already since my beloved Noah joined the angels. Today I had several errands to run. Normally I would get them done as quickly as I could to get back home to my beloved Noah. Now there's no need to rush through the errands - - and sadly, no need to rush to get home. This time next week it will be one month since my beloved Noah transitioned from this earthly realm. This reminds me so much of how it was when I got home after being in the hospital for 3 months after the automobile collision. It was the first time of coming home knowing that my mom would never be home again due to her fatal injuries. As then, as it is now, I had several medical challenges to deal with and physical adjustments to make as a result of my injuries in addition to grieving the physical loss of my mom. Now - - 32 years later - - I am faced with the ardurous task of adjusting my life to the limitations of my current health challenges in addition to grieving the physical loss of my beloved Noah. It feels like history - - and bad history at that - - is repeating itself. Time marches forward uncaring of the sorrow in anyone's heart for whatever reason. This is yet another one of those "new normals" to adjust to in this grief journey.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 4 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #44

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

Hi moon_beam.

Time may march on without caring, be we do. All your friends here on LS. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

TT and TT

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 5 2017, 01:28 PM
Post #45

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for your most welcome support and encouragement with my grief journey. It is the wonderful people like you, Kathy, LoveMyMicky, and others on this forum who offer me consistent comfort as I am expected to put on the "public face" with family and friends - - the standard "it's time to get over it" with the mentality that my beloved Noah is "only a cat." Everything I do now - - wash his blankets before putting them away in storage, etc., is for the "last time" - - he will never need them again for his travel crate and stroller - - he will never need his soft fleece throw to warm him during these cold winter months snuggled next to me. This is a very sad turn of events at this stage in my life - - when by "chronological" years I'm still a "young person" for my senior years yet with my now medical challenges I have the physical body of a very aged person who can become seriously crippled quickly at any point in time barely able to take care of herself - - and completely unable to take care of a companion. And it still breaks my heart as I recall this past summer with my precious Noah having to listen to me screaming and crying in excruciating pain - - now knowing that all during this time his sweet body was becoming invaded by an ugly disease that would eventually cause him suffering the last hours of his physical life. I am thankful that the last weeks of his life I was finally on medication that significantly reduced the pain in my body so that my beloved Noah no longer had to listen to me screaming and crying in pain, and that I was physically strong enough to get him to the medical care he needed to try to keep him comfortable until he transitioned from this earthly journey. But - - he should be here with me NOW as I continue with my treatments to try to enable me to function consistently with lower pain levels so that we could enjoy this time together. I know in time this deep grief will ease - - but for now it's a burden sometimes more than I can bear alone - - and I'm sooo thankful I"m not alone having the strength of you and the other wonderful people on this forum to share my sorrow with. This is a blessing to me, and I thank you, Tracy, for your friendship.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Dec 5 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 7,071

My Dear moon_beam,

Tears came to my eyes as I read your post. Tracy is right you will never be alone and we will always care. I have health problems similar to yours and I always prayed that I would be able to take care of Mickey until his time came to be with the angels. Well, I barely made it and I am so grateful. My husband and I both will never be able to take care of another companion, but I am grateful for the memories of the pets we did have. All we can do is donate to help other animals when we can. And feed the little waifs.

Moon_beam I just wanted you to know I donated here in loving memory of Noah. I wanted to do something for you in his memory. I don't write much, but you are in my daily thoughts and prayers. May God bless you and give you peace and comfort.

((((HUGS))))

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Dec 5 2017, 07:48 PM
Post #47

Moon_beam, thank you for sharing with us how you are doing. We sure do care about you and are here for you. I am so sorry to hear that your family and friends viewed your precious Noah as "only a cat." sad.gif I will never understand the people who feel this way !

Regarding your medical issues that have had you screaming in pain---remember that cats were designed by nature to hide their medical issues, whereas we humans were not. There is nothing you overlooked or did wrong on sweet Noah's behalf!! He's right there with you thanking you and wanting only the best for the Best Mommy in the World. wub.gif

-Kathy

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 6 2017, 01:25 PM
Post #48

Forum Moderator

Hi, LoveMyMickey, thank you so much for you most welcome comforting support and encouragement during my grief adjustment journey. And thank you ever so much for your thoughtful and caring donation to this website in loving memory of my beloved Noah. This truly means a lot to me - - more than you will ever know.

I can so relate to your journey with your beloved Mickey when you share with me " I have health problems similar to yours and I always prayed that I would be able to take care of Mickey until his time came to be with the angels. Well, I barely made it and I am so grateful." I also prayed that my beloved Noah's last memory of me would not be of me screaming and crying in pain, and although I didn't know it at the time, I am grateful that the last few weeks of his sweet physical life we were able to enjoy together without me being in excruciating pain. And secondly, and equally important, I am grateful that I was strong and able enough to get him to the emergency hospital where the doctors could provide him some comforting medical intervention during the last few hours of his life. If he had required emergency medical care prior to this I would not have been physically able to get him anywhere for emergency medical care. So I know there are blessings to be thankful for - - it's hard to stay focused on them though when the heart is in deep sorrow. Sharing your experiences, as well as those of our other forum friends, helps me to know I am not alone in this journey - - that I am surrounded by comforting hearts who truly know and understand how I'm feeling.

LoveMyMickey, I thank you again so much for your comforting support and encouragement, and your loving tribute to my beloved Noah through your donation. I hope today is treating you and your husband kindly, and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Mickey's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 6 2017, 01:46 PM
Post #49

Forum Moderator

Hi, Kathy, thank you so much for your most comforting support and encouragement as I travel my grief adjustment journey. I have always been the only one in my family who believes our companions are equal members of the family. Through the years I have often been ridiculed by my siblings for this, often accused of loving the companions who shared our household more than them. I have never understood jealousy of loving a companion in addition to loving a human family member. Although they don't now say to me "it's only a cat" - - the feeling is still there in the obvious aversion to not wanting to share the deep sorrow.

This is why I am so very thankful for you and our other wonderful forum friends who are here to help me through this deep grief journey. The numbness that for awhile kept the deep sorrow from overwhelming me has now lifted and I am once again immersed in the deep grief of the reality that my beloved Noah is no longer physically with me - - and the blatant reality that no stuffed toy can replace the joy of holding my beloved Noah's sweet physical body close to me, and my heart breaks again. I know I must sound like a broken record now - - and I know it gets tiresome hearing / reading the same thing over and over again. I hope someday I will be able to share something more positive.

Once again, Kathy, I do so much appreciate your comforting support and encouragement. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers as you travel your own grief journey in the physical loss of your beloved Sunny. I hope today is treating you and your precious Cubby kindly, and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Sunny's, and all of your beloved companions', sweet Living Spirits to comfort you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 7 2017, 11:49 AM
Post #50

Forum Moderator

It amazes me every day how much of my day revolved around my beloved Noah's needs. It never seemed like much while he was physically with me - - but now my days, and nights, are so empty - - barren. This is a very difficult adjustment - - everything I do is a constant reminder of my beloved Noah's physical absence - - constantly filled with the reminders of the "first withouts." I didn't know last Christmas was our last one together - - every day is a reminder of the "last times" with my beloved Noah's physical presence with me. How do I look forward to a "new year" when my beloved Noah is not physically here to share it with me? I see the squirrels outside the big door windows and tears come to my eyes as my beloved Noah isn't physically here to excitedly watch them as they search for their food. What used to be so enjoyable to watch is now painful - - literally feeling like a knife piercing my heart with deepest sorrow. Living here used to be fun, but that has now forever changed. I keep remembering the BeeGee's song that had a refrain "Please help me mend my broken heart and let me live again." The happiness that once thrived in this home is no longer here. RIght now I'm not so sure my heart can be mended this time - - I can't help wondering if the rest of my life will just be going through the motions of "living" again. Perhaps by spring the misery of this deep grief will have lifted and I will begin to have something to look forward to. Faith is the thing hoped for -- the evidence of things not seen. And so I must hold onto hope and "keep the faith" that this deep grief will eventually pass - - and that I will be able to live again with a happy heart once again.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 16 2017, 01:59 PM
Post #51

Forum Moderator

I can't believe today marks 5 weeks since my beloved Noah joined the angels. Where have these 5 weeks gone? How have I managed to get through them - - to survive them? It is so quiet here without his sweet precious "energy" to keep me company. I miss holding him in my arms. Now that I have the strength in my arms again to hold him I feel so cheated in not being able to do it. Now that my health is better than it was 3 months ago, he should be here to share it with me. We should have had at least another 2 years together, but I know he tried so hard to stay here with me, my brave sweet little boy. Tears still come and my heart breaks anew. Although I have shared other pictures of my beloved Noah on his other topic "My Precious Noah", here is a picture of him here:

Attached Image

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 16 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 6,946

Oh moon_beam.

What a beautiful boy wub.gif My heart aches for you every day sad.gif I know what you mean when you say you should have had more time. I felt the same way about my Sir Thomas (whom Noah favors a tad) All our thoughts and prayers are with you.

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Dec 17 2017, 05:45 AM
Post #53

Handsome, handsome boy. wub.gif

Moon_beam, I wish I had some words of comfort. Are you still thinking of moving in the spring? The idea of fostering keeps coming to me. Maybe there's even a foster to take in where you currently are? Noah is right there with you, but I was just thinking that it might be beneficial for you to be able to physically hold someone. Just a thought, and I know it might not be the right thing for you at this time.

Cubby continues to save my life each day.

Sending you prayers of healing and peace! wub.gif

Kathy

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 17 2017, 12:53 PM
Post #54

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing my beloved Noah with me. It is comforting to me to know I am not alone in this grief journey. It truly is a one day at a time, one moment at a time journey.

I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne, kindly, and thank you again so much for your continued comforting support.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 17 2017, 01:24 PM
Post #55

Forum Moderator

Hi, Kathy, thank you so much for your continued support and encouragement in my grief journey. I know so very well how difficult it is to find the words that can offer comfort to someone who is grieving. But I do want to reassure you that your words ARE comforting to me, as they do help me to find the courage to carry on just one more day at a time. I know things happen for a "reason" at a particular "time", but it sure is hard adjusting to the things that break your heart.

Thank you also for sharing my beloved Noah with me. He is a handsome boy, and I received many compliments about him from other clients when were in his doctor's office. I will miss seeing his doctor, as she also took care of my beloved Eli, Oslo, and Abbygayle. We had a good rapport, and we shared a common ideology about Noah's care, and that of his other fur family members.

As for fostering, this is not an option for me particularly with my latest test results that shows extensive osteoporosis in my spine and the beginning of osteoporosis in my left hip. My health is just not conducive to being able to "start fresh" with the care of another fur child. There were so many times this year when I was very worried that I would have to surrender my Noah to foster care, so - - no, my health is not conducive to making a commitment to another little soul who needs the reassurance that he / she will be properly taken care of. But thank you for your comforting interest in making the suggestion.

Kathy, I hope today, and every day, is treating you and your precious Cubby kindly, and that you will have peaceful evenings blessed with your beloved Sunny's, and all of your beloved companions', sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers as you travel your own grief journey in the physical loss of your beloved Sunny, that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I do appreciate your comforting support and encouragement.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Dec 22 2017, 04:24 PM
Post #56

Thank you, moon_beam, for your continued words of comfort.

I'm so sorry to hear that your latest test results were not good and that they will prevent you from caring for another little soul. For the future, IF your health ever requires residential assisted-living, some have "resident cats." My aunt recently moved into one where there are 2 cats who roam around cuddling with the (human) residents! As a matter of fact, it was the main reason we chose this particular facility. Anyway, that's just a thought for the future.

I continue to think of you, of course. What are your plans for Christmas?

Prayers of peace, wub.gif

Kathy

QUOTE (moon_beam @ Dec 17 2017, 01:24 PM) *
Hi, Kathy, thank you so much for your continued support and encouragement in my grief journey. I know so very well how difficult it is to find the words that can offer comfort to someone who is grieving. But I do want to reassure you that your words ARE comforting to me, as they do help me to find the courage to carry on just one more day at a time. I know things happen for a "reason" at a particular "time", but it sure is hard adjusting to the things that break your heart.

Thank you also for sharing my beloved Noah with me. He is a handsome boy, and I received many compliments about him from other clients when were in his doctor's office. I will miss seeing his doctor, as she also took care of my beloved Eli, Oslo, and Abbygayle. We had a good rapport, and we shared a common ideology about Noah's care, and that of his other fur family members.

As for fostering, this is not an option for me particularly with my latest test results that shows extensive osteoporosis in my spine and the beginning of osteoporosis in my left hip. My health is just not conducive to being able to "start fresh" with the care of another fur child. There were so many times this year when I was very worried that I would have to surrender my Noah to foster care, so - - no, my health is not conducive to making a commitment to another little soul who needs the reassurance that he / she will be properly taken care of. But thank you for your comforting interest in making the suggestion.

Kathy, I hope today, and every day, is treating you and your precious Cubby kindly, and that you will have peaceful evenings blessed with your beloved Sunny's, and all of your beloved companions', sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers as you travel your own grief journey in the physical loss of your beloved Sunny, that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I do appreciate your comforting support and encouragement.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Dec 23 2017, 06:46 AM
Post #57

I had meant to ask you, moon_beam -- did you finish the memorial booklet? I love your idea of writing the dedication page from Noah's perspective. If you are able to share any excerpts or anything here, I'd love to see it !

-Kathy

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 23 2017, 02:15 PM
Post #58

Forum Moderator

Hi, Kathy, thank you so very much for your continued comforting support and encouragement during my grief adjustment journey. I am aware there are some facilities that have live residential feline companions. I came across an article this week in my local newspaper that Hasbro has "created" a robotic-type cat that simulates purring, and has some movements such as rolling over on their back, sleeping, etc.. It is touch activated, and I'm actually thinking about purchasing one. These are also used in some residential facilities that do not allow "live" cats.

I have finished the primary work on Noah's memorial booklet, but just need the time, and emotional strength, to print them out. Probably won't do that until after the first of the year. I'll try to share some of it as I can here. I will try to upload a couple of more pictures of my beloved Noah with his beautiful baby sister Abbygayle. I hope one of the pictures doesn't overload the forum.

I hope today, and every day, is treating you and your precious Cubby kindly, Kathy, and that you will have peaceful evenings blessed with your beloved Sunny's, and all of your beloved companions', sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers as you travel your own grief journey in the physical loss of your beloved Sunny, that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I do appreciate your comforting support and encouragement.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 23 2017, 02:31 PM
Post #59

Forum Moderator

Today is 6 weeks since my beloved Noah joined the angels. My hours and days are now marked by the physical absence of my beloved Noah. Life goes on. Today has been spent working on the "bill-a-thon" marathon on the computer scheduling payments for bills due in January. This would be a "normal" project with my Noah stretched out on the computer table with his tail hanging down over the keyboard keeping me company. Now working on the computer is lonely. Everything is lonely because everything in my life revolved around his "energy" - - his "presence" - - his needs. This week I had to re-print all of my monthly financial logs for 2018 to delete the column that included payment for the purchase of his food and supplies. Yet another blatant reminder that my beloved Noah no longer needs my loving care and attention.

This picture is of my Noah and Abbygayle when they were about 12 weeks old. Noah is laying on top of Abbygayle. They regularly slept together throughout their lives:

Attached Image

This picture was taken during the summer of 2017 when they were 4 years old:

Attached Image

My heart holds so many cherished memories of my beloved Noah. It's difficult even now to separate the memories from his beautiful baby sister Abbygayle. Together, and individually, they are two of the sweetest companions I am blessed to have in my life, and forever cherish in my heart.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Dec 23 2017, 06:16 PM
Post #60

Moon_beam, thanks for your continued support. Cubby and I are hanging in there.

I surely understand the emotional strength that would be necessary to take the next step in your wonderful project.

The pics of Noah and Abbygayle are just precious !!!!! wub.gif Thank you for sharing them and for sharing how you are doing. Prayers are continuing.

I recently saw an advertisement for the amazing robotic kitty and I absolutely love the idea of you purchasing one!! wub.gif How very comforting s/he could be ! (Noah and Abbygayle are saying, "Get one!!"

QUOTE (moon_beam @ Dec 23 2017, 02:15 PM) *
Hi, Kathy, thank you so very much for your continued comforting support and encouragement during my grief adjustment journey. I am aware there are some facilities that have live residential feline companions. I came across an article this week in my local newspaper that Hasbro has "created" a robotic-type cat that simulates purring, and has some movements such as rolling over on their back, sleeping, etc.. It is touch activated, and I'm actually thinking about purchasing one. These are also used in some residential facilities that do not allow "live" cats.

I have finished the primary work on Noah's memorial booklet, but just need the time, and emotional strength, to print them out. Probably won't do that until after the first of the year. I'll try to share some of it as I can here. I will try to upload a couple of more pictures of my beloved Noah with his beautiful baby sister Abbygayle. I hope one of the pictures doesn't overload the forum.

I hope today, and every day, is treating you and your precious Cubby kindly, Kathy, and that you will have peaceful evenings blessed with your beloved Sunny's, and all of your beloved companions', sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers as you travel your own grief journey in the physical loss of your beloved Sunny, that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I do appreciate your comforting support and encouragement.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:39 PM