IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting To Know Rose, She was Axl's cat; not mine.
Axl
post Jan 16 2012, 01:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,435

So, now that 10 month old Axl has been dead from being neutered for 3 days, I have a very confused Rose. Rose is a solid gray kitten spayed the same day Axl was neutered. She misses Axl greatly as they were best buddies, and I was madly, deeply and truly in love with Axl.

Rose is seriously neurotic. But I put up with it because Axl loved her so much. She knocks each and everything into the floor, even tryuing to get it out of your hand before you put it down! She will take food right out of your mouth while you are eating. She has lost SO MUCH stuff. If there is something irritating a cat can do she does it. But even the vet said she might be OCD concerning knocking each and everything to the floor the second you put it down.

Neither of us have been the same since the loss of Axl. Even writing that I want it to not be true. Rose reminds me every moment I see her of Axl and what they did together. part of me wants to give Rose away to help the hurt. Part of me wants to keep Rose because Axl loved her. And part of me wants to find her a new home because she is a crazy cat.

I don't know. I do know I hold her more gently and enjoy her purrs a little more right now.

--------------------
Animals do have souls.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 16 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Axl, both you and your precious Rose are going through very deep grief. Rose only has her behavior to let you know how she's feeling - - as a young child acting out frustration, sorrow, grief. If her behaviors continue, you may want to talk to a vet about it and perhaps trying her on an anti-depressant. My number one kitty son, Eli, suffered with Severe Personality Disorder manifested with symptoms of schizophrenia and violent seizures. It became much worse after he was neutered. It took me awhile to convince the vet that something was terribly wrong with him, but once I got her to understand the problems were getting worse and the only decision facing me was to euthanzie an otherwise healthy cat she put him Valium. It took about a 1.5 years to get him on a maintenence dose, but it literally saved his life. He enjoyed 5.5 years of a stable happy life - - he joined the angels at 6.5 years of age due to end stage Lymphoma.

So, please do not give up on your precious Rose. She needs you, she needs your love. My Eli and I went through a very dark journey together for awhile before he started the Valium - - and I am ever so grateful now that I fought for him to have a stable, happy life. But this worked for my Eli and me, and may not be the best solution for you ane your preciosu Rose. So please know that whatever decision you make on Rose's behalf will be the right one for you and your little girl.

Please know you and your precious Rose are in my thoughts and prayers, Axl, and please let us know how things are going for you both.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:13 PM