Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Boy Lenny
Gunners Mama
post Dec 29 2019, 10:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 8,788

My boy Lenny just turned 14 last month. His health started declining recently really quick. We took him to the vet yesterday and found out that he has a tumor on his liver that has spread into his lungs. They told us to take him home and make him comfortable. I know that heartbreaking decision is coming soon. I won't let him suffer. I just don't know what to do without him. It doesn't matter how old they are it still crushes your heart into a million pieces.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 29 2019, 11:56 AM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Gunners Mama, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in this time of great Anticipatory sorrow as you and your precious Lenny begin his transition from this physical realm. Please believe me when I tell you I do soo understand what you are feeling and are going through - - the ups and downs, highs and lows that will accompany your and your precious Lenny's remaining journey. You are so right when you share "It doesn't matter how old they are it still crushes your heart into a million pieces." And it doesn't matter if it's your first grief journey or your thousandth - - each loss of a beloved companion is uniquely painful because each beloved companion has his / her own special love bond in our heart and life.

As you may be aware this forum is scheduled to end effective January 1, 2020. But please know we are here for you until then, and I understand the Facebook resource will continue.

Gunners Mama, thank you so very much for honoring us in sharing your precious Lenny with us. Please know you and your precious boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Gunners Mama
post Dec 30 2019, 09:41 AM
Post #3

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 8,788

Thank you Moon Beam for responding. I have tried to get on here countless times but it never would let me. Always something about my password being incorrect. I hate to hear that this board is going to close. It has offered me so much comfort. Will we still be able to read prior posts or will the board just go away completely. I'm so sorry about you Noah. You do know exactly why I'm going through. How have you been doing? I thought that this way would be better knowing what was going on but I have done nothing but cry for days. He has moments when he seems like his old self and then that just makes it so much harder. My heart feels like its being ripped out. I think my husband is going to call the vet and schedule an appointment for Tuesday. Thank you again for all of the comfort and support that you have shown me.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 31 2019, 02:56 PM
Post #4

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Gunners Mama, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Lenny are doing. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that Lenny's transition from this physical realm will be as comfortable and peaceful as possible. Even though this forum will be closed as of Midnight tonight, please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers that your heart will be comforted as you travel your grief adjustment journey.

Yes, it's my understanding from information posted in the L S Administrator's topic that the forum will still be accessible for read-only. I believe the Facebook service will continue, though. You may want to check out the L S Administrator's topics to confirm, though.

I thank you for your comforting support in the physical loss of my beloved Noah. It's hard to believe it's been 2 years since he transitioned home to the angels.

Gunner's Mama, I hope today is treating you and your precious Lenny kindly, and once again, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:06 PM