Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Missing Cats, Indoor
bubbagirl
post Aug 17 2005, 11:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 1,087

Hi! My name is Denise and I am one of the moderator's for LS.... It was brought to my attention from a caring member that your story about your precious Bubba would receive more attention here, in the Death & Dying Section of LS.

I am extremely sorry about your loss, and I do pray that you are doing as well as you can....
My thoughts and prayers are with you; please feel free to PM/e-mail me, if you would like....

God Bless You & Yours,

Denise (Muffins)

********************************************************************************

Well, 8 months ago Iost my beloved cat Bubba to a horrible tragedy. He was malled by a Greyhound that lived in our building. He got away and we looked for him thinkng that maybe he was just scared, not really thinking he had bad injuries. I'm telling you that I devoted my whole life to finding my baby. The last place he was seen was basically where we finally found his dead body. On my search for him, I ran into a lady who used to work finding animals that had run away. She said if your cat is an inside cat, they usually will not be more than 12 feet away than the last place seen. Which was very true in our case in the end. I did call his name around this area but i dont' know if he was in shock or could not answer or was scared to come out. I went to local shelters, passed out fliers, and then on the 7th day of him being missing, we knocked on the neighbors doors and asked if we could look in their yards, since these places were the only not searched. The house nearest to where he was last seen was where we found him lying in a rock garden out in the open, dead maybe we think that morning. We found him at night. I still can't believe this has happened. He did not appear to be injured but for a cut on his leg which could have gotten infected. I will never know the exact reason why he died, the dog attack? internal injuries from it? infection? All I know that I will never be the same after finding my baby lying there in the rain dead.

If I would have really listened to that lady earlier, maybe I could have caught him earlier. So, if anyone is missing a lost cat that is only an inside cat please keep that in mind, if you know where they were last seen 12 feet from there is probably where they will be. If that can help ANYONE then I feel a little better about my Bubba's passing.
I know that when it is my turn to go to God, Bubba will be the first one waiting for me and wanting to suck on my ear(he loved doing that) and I will embrace him. Until then I can only remember him and talk to him and know that he is at peace. I love you Bubba boy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jane
post Aug 29 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 904

I am really sorry for your loss. We lost our cat several months ago - he was a feral kitten so we never made him an "indoor only" cat, but he was our baby and I still feel heartbroken, especially not knowing what happened and imagining all sorts of gruesome things. I feel for you. Thanks for sharing your advice.

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Sep 4 2005, 12:36 PM
Post #3

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 274

sad.gif I'm so sorry for your heartbreak. sad.gif

You are right about being reuinited with Bubba. There is no doubt. And he's in complete bliss now. All pain is over now that he is all-spirit.

You might want to post something at the Death and Dying category. That tends to get a lot more readers. I'm sorry I didn't see your post before. I hope you're doing okay!!!

Write anytime. Love,

Kathy

--------------------
Compassion for all animals. www.earthlings.com

+Quote Post
Catherine1
post Sep 5 2005, 01:15 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,119

I had a cat called Bobbi, who was an indoor cat as I lived quite near a busy road. She was a nosey wee thing and was always trying to get out. One day I left the door open to take my wee girls buggy outside and when I came home I realised she had gone. I was frantic, she had never been outside before and to make matters worse she was epileptic and needed daily medication. I searched every day for hours and put posters up in shop windows and also contacted local newspapers. I had a call from a lady who thinks she saw her but when I went round there was no sign of her. I was absolutely devastated and I never did see her again. So I just tell myself that she is being looked after and cared for by someone else and that most importantly she is happy. I really hope its true !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:12 PM