IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Recent Kitty Labwork: I Can't Lose My Love, please help me!
kmariebanks
post Oct 8 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 8,121

Hello everyone.
over these past 2 months I have noticed that my baby boy has been not feeling well. Besides being tormented by fleas -they were horrible this year- he was lethargic, anorexic ( went from 20 to 12 lbs quickly),had a change in his meow and purr and just seemed depressed. I also noticed him swallowing hard. We spent a whole day at the doctor getting numerous test done ( CBC, FeIV, U/A, Diabetes, etc) and he was found to be severely Anemic secondary to fleas. My baby is long haired and fleas are often a problem. even with using the medication from the vet. He only goes out the house at night but when I noticed him getting sick he wanted to be outside all day in the 100 degree weather. He had such a change in his behavior! hiding in closets and just not responding to his name.
Boots was placed on Amoxicillin for 28 days, given a steroid injection and dewomer shot. He was doing well for about 2 weeks when everything began happening again. this time I noticed that he hated to walk. he would just lay in one spot and stare out like he was in pain and would give the worst meow I ever heard when moved. My husband and I had to hand feed him and clean feces from his furr daily. he would use his box and just sleep in it, refusing to move. after returning to the dr. his xray came back fine, his RBC's were within normal limits with his hgb and hct improving as well. however his reticulocyte count was 0.0 and platelet count way above the 1100 range. his Dr said his body is doing all that it can to make new rbc but cant. She said these labs are common in bone cancer however she is just hoping he has a bone infection even with his wbc being normal. once again he received a steroid shot and dewomer and antibiotics. He was a new cat that first week! truly a turn around!!!
Tomorrow 10/9/13 will be the beginning of his 2nd week of doxycycline. He continues to jump on the bed, eat, and stay out of his hiding places however I am noticing his discomfort with breathing returning, the hard swallowing getting worse, and the look of pain in his eyes. I NEED HELP! if he does not improve the dr is telling me it is time to consider putting him down because it will most likely be bone cancer. I am not in denial but I can not accept this! I do not feel she is listening to me when I tell her about his breathing and change in purr/meow. has anyone ever seen labs like this with their animal? please help me! I am heart broken. my baby is my life. I can not live without him. I am having panic attacks at work, at home, driving....all I can do is cry. I don't know if I can make it without him.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:35 PM