Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Grief Songs: Music For Grieving Hearts
Furkidlets' Mom
post Feb 8 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 961

In the same fashion as another grief board has done, I thought perhaps we could start our own version here of songs we find poignant and meaningful in one way or another, or that remind us of our fur-babies. This way we'll have one central thread (or even a separate forum if Marc could get that added sometime?) where we can come when we need to listen to music that helps us release our tears and sorrow, or even makes us smile in memory.

In that light, I'd like to start this off with one I just found that we could consider rather a tribute to ALL fur-babies everywhere. It's a pretty sweet song, and best of all, this particular accompanying video is dedicated to just animals.
Baby of Mine

Baby mine, don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head close to my heart,
never to part,
baby of mine.

Little one when you play,
don't you mind what they say.
Let those eyes sparkle and shine,
never a tear,
baby of mine.

If they knew sweet little you
they'd end up loving you two.
All of those people who scold you
what they'd give just for the right to hold you.

From your head down to your toes,
you're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
sweet as can be,
baby of mine.

If they knew sweet little you,
they'd end up loving you too.
All those same people who scold you,
what they'd give just for the right to hold you.

From your head down to your toes
you're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
sweet as can be,
baby of mine.
Baby of mine

~Alison Krauss~

Still in the general theme category, this next one could be considered a reminder to ourselves of how we should treat ourselves during our grief....or any other time, really!
Gentle With Myself .....don't be surprised if you start tearing up during this one (many people have), as you begin to acknowledge just how hard you've been on yourself for goodness knows how long....

Please feel free to add your own favourites, along with lyrics if you like. I know I'll be back later to add some of the ones I've already posted in my own threads. (we can only hope that with any video or other files, they don't disappear too soon from the 'net)

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
My Doxie and Me
post Oct 14 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,200

Attached Image
Rameses B - Never Forget

My Broken Thought's to a Friend....

Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Furkidlets' Mom   Grief Songs: Music For Grieving Hearts   Feb 8 2009, 07:37 PM
- - myhrtisbrkn   Love it. What a great idea!!!   Feb 10 2009, 05:14 PM
- - LS Support   great idea, i'll pin it to the top of the forum fo...   Feb 10 2009, 05:26 PM
- - Furkidlets' Mom   WONDERFUL, Marc!....and esp. for the DIY steps...   Feb 10 2009, 06:50 PM
- - myhrtisbrkn   This is My Beekie's song: yesterday i heard ...   Feb 10 2009, 07:44 PM
- - Furkidlets' Mom   Since I'd just posted about more of Nissa's contin...   Mar 6 2009, 02:29 PM
- - myhrtisbrkn   I was thinking of Jon and Miles today, and the lon...   Mar 10 2009, 04:28 PM
- - Furkidlets' Mom   I just got wind of this one (from another board) a...   Mar 12 2009, 06:06 PM
- - katzen11   i am crying but sometimes, crying helps thank you,...   Mar 13 2009, 01:06 PM
|- - luvEmmy   I was looking for songs as I love music and I acci...   Nov 8 2009, 10:42 PM
- - kerriyj   There's a line in the Newton Faulkner song ...   Aug 6 2012, 01:04 AM
- - Tinydogs   I haven't found anything that has touched my h...   Aug 21 2012, 02:13 AM
- - Tom's Dad   Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton, and Everything I ...   Aug 21 2012, 11:50 AM
- - TheSwordfish   You Are So Beautiful is the only song that is comi...   Jul 5 2014, 01:31 PM
- - My Doxie and Me   Skrux - Our Fragment (feat. Missio) We are Forever...   Sep 27 2016, 11:59 PM
- - My Doxie and Me   Tom Day - Never Give Up [HQ] I'am trying to...   Oct 14 2017, 10:09 PM
- - My Doxie and Me   Rameses B - Never Forget My Broken Thought...   Oct 14 2017, 10:20 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:37 AM