Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Need Your Help!, Loss Komondor in my area
Stymy's Mom
post Mar 30 2005, 08:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 449

To all my friends here at LS,

I am here today to ask for your help. I need you to look at the attached poster or address showing below. (I am not sure if you have to click on it or type in) I was seraching petfinder.com yesterday and found a lady looking for her lost dog. As I read the poster I saw she was from the same town as me. I guess something hit a cord with me and I ask if I could help her. I thought if I send the poster to my friends here at LS maybe one of you may have come across something that could help in he search for Gabby.

www.gabbytotherescue.com/gabby.html

Gabby is a pure breed Komondor and at the time was 2 years old when taken from her back yard 2 1/2 years ago. Marsha is Gabby's mom has be looking for her ever since. Gabby was under the care of a pet sitter at the time and Marsha feels the pet sitter had something to do with her disappearance, maybe to use for breeding.

If you know of anything or come across something Marsha's phone number is on the poster.

Vicki (Stymy's Mom)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BabyHannahsMom
post Mar 31 2005, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 308

Vicki,
That is so sad and so horrible, especially if the babysitter took the dog! You are wonderful to try to help. Somewhere the other day I heard something, I think about a missing pet site or line or something. I just can't remember. If I find out exactly what it was, I'll let you know.

I hope you are doing well.
Marcia

+Quote Post
Stymy's Mom
post Mar 31 2005, 07:54 AM
Post #3

Marcia,

Thanks, anything you can find would be great.

I guess because I know how I felt when I lost Stymy (all due to natural causes) that I would be just devastated if someone took him and I never knew what happen to him. My heart goes out to this woman and her dog.

Vicki

+Quote Post
BabyHannahsMom
post Mar 31 2005, 08:51 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 308

Yes, I understand completely -- my heart goes out to her too.

Here is a site I found on the Internet with lots of sites to check out when searching for lost and stolen dogs.

http://www.ecsca.org/lostdogs.html

I don't know if there's anything there that will help or not, but I hope so.
Marcia

+Quote Post
Stymy's Mom
post Apr 1 2005, 07:39 AM
Post #5

Marcia,

Thank you so much. I will pass on your information to Marsha and do a little research myself. She will be very greatfull for your help you gave.

Your a very good person, and I am lucky to have found a friend like you.

Vicki (Stymy's Mom)

+Quote Post
Ann H
post Apr 12 2005, 03:48 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 538

Dear Vicki, Did Marsha every find her Komondor? I do hope that someone took good care of her if they did steal her. That is such a sorry sad thing to hear that someone would do that to someone. I could not get the site to come up even though I tried many times.

--------------------

My girls went to the Rainbow Bridge 6 weeks and 3 days apart.
Snookie had cushing's disease, and later developed diabetes. Both had cancer, Snookie had cancer of the liver, and Chili Bean had cancer of the pallet. Chili Bean was our son's chihuahua but we kept her often throughout her life and she stayed with us for the last 9 months of her life. Chili Bean also had asthma and heart failure. We will see you in Heaven my precious darlings.

Snookie Lynn Howard
2-04-94 - 12-26-04

Senorita Chili Bean Bubbles Howard
11-05-94 - 11-11-04

+Quote Post
Stymy's Mom
post Apr 12 2005, 03:15 PM
Post #7

Hi Ann,

I am sorry to say that Gabby has not been found.

Marcia's web site is something everyone should see. There are alot of bad people out there who would take your furbaby for alot of bad reasons. That web site has alot of great information on it. We should all make our selves aware of it for our living furbabies to protect them.

I tried to paste the poster but I think it is too big and for some reason I can't seem to make the web site work either. You can view it by typing it in your self.

http://www.gabbytotherescue.com/gabby.html

The above address should be in blue and have a line under it so I don't think it will work by clicking on it. Anyway, thanks for asking.

Vicki

+Quote Post
Ann H
post Apr 13 2005, 03:18 AM
Post #8

I got into the site just fine from your link. What a beautiful girl she is, I do hope no harm came to her. I have not seen any that look like her in Michigan. Marcia's site she posted is wonderful and I have bookmarked it too. We do need to do all we can to protect our babies. My sister told me to have a micro chip put in them. Has anyone here every did that?
Ann

--------------------

Snookie had cushing's disease, and later developed diabetes. Both had cancer, Snookie had cancer of the liver, and Chili Bean had cancer of the pallet. Chili Bean was our son's chihuahua but we kept her often throughout her life and she stayed with us for the last 9 months of her life. Chili Bean also had asthma and heart failure. We will see you in Heaven my precious darlings.

Snookie Lynn Howard
2-04-94 - 12-26-04

11-05-94 - 11-11-04

+Quote Post
Stymy's Mom
post Apr 13 2005, 07:51 AM
Post #9

Ann,

From what I read about microchipping, is you need research because there are different chips out there and not all can be read by the same machine. The American Kennel Club web site might have more information on microchips. Also check with your local SPCA and ask what they would suggest since they would most likely be the ones to find your furbabies. You can also check into tatos, my new dog has one in her ear.

Let me know how you make out.

Vicki

+Quote Post
Ann H
post Apr 13 2005, 03:11 PM
Post #10

Vicky, I am so glad you told me there are different micro chips and to call around. The Humane Society and the Dog Pound here in Monroe said their scanner read both the Home Again, and the Avid. So it's good I called like you said I should.

Where would I get a tattoo, does the vet do that too? My sister said they can always cut the ear off if they wanted them bad enough. She is fearful that would not be much protection.
Ann

--------------------

Snookie Lynn Howard
2-04-94 - 12-26-04

11-05-94 - 11-11-04

+Quote Post
Stymy's Mom
post Apr 13 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #11

Ann,

I am glad you checked around. As far as tatoos, your sister is right they can cut off ears. I didn't do it to my new dog she came that way. I did hear that you can tatoo on the inner part of the back leg also. But that would only help if you register them either with you vets office, AKC or the local shelters. I am still thinking about the micro chip I am just not sure. I have only had my new furbaby about six weeks. I have tages on her collor.

You can buy tatoo kits for animals through catologes like KV Suppy, Foster's or even a pet supply store. www.kvvet.com

However, if the people who find or steal your furbaby doesn't want them to be found, I guess they won't be found. It's sad that we have to go to such extreams to protect to innocent animals. However if they run away micro chip is the best thing if they get them to an animal shelter.

Lets just prey neither happens and our furbabies stay safe and sound with us!

Vicki

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:12 AM