11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shelley, a loving 'mommie' Calico
leejaye
post May 29 2012, 09:02 AM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,103

Hi DannysMom, Hope Shelley is nearly out of that collar - like moon_beam's Abbygayle, Mischief had to wear one after her girl and cancer surgeries, I have only seen the plastic ones in Australia, Missy was so so unhappy and also effected escapes! i hope she is recovering very nicely, special pats for both your girls, Leejaye
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post May 29 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 7,464

QUOTE (leejaye @ May 29 2012, 10:02 AM) *
Hi DannysMom, Hope Shelley is nearly out of that collar - like moon_beam's Abbygayle, Mischief had to wear one after her girl and cancer surgeries, I have only seen the plastic ones in Australia, Missy was so so unhappy and also effected escapes! i hope she is recovering very nicely, special pats for both your girls, Leejaye

Hi leejaye! Friday is the day that the collar comes off for good! I can hardly wait. I tried the plastic one on Shelley, but she freaked out and walked real funny with it. Mindy was okay with the plastic collar, and she did so well with it, being very patient and understanding. I think the soft, vinyl e-collars are much better for them. Shelley's incision looks okay, just a little scab, and the vet put some Neosporin on it today. Give your little Purszi a pat on the head from me! smile.gif

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 30 2012, 11:45 AM
Post #23

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious baby girl Shelley is doing. So glad her recovery continues to be on track. Neosporin is, in my opinion, a "miracle drug." Even if your baby girl somehow manages to lick it off it won't hurt her. I know both you and your baby girl are eagerly anticipating Friday. Will you have a ceremony for it? I can just hear your baby girl singing "happy days are here again!!!"

I hope today is treating you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post May 30 2012, 06:39 PM
Post #24

Moon_beam, thanks for the advice on the Neosporin. I didn't know that it was so safe. I think a ceremony on Friday would be a great idea. smile.gif I took the collar off this evening so that Shelley can relax a bit. Mindy took that as a cue that it is now permitted to chase her big sister again, so I had to remind her to cool it until Friday. Yesterday, Shelley laid down in what used to be Tina's "cat chair" for the first time. Incidentally, yesterday it was 30 days since Tina was buried. I wonder if Shelley was waiting until then to pay her respects to Tina before claiming the chair. I just had to take a photo of her as she looks so comfy in the chair.

Shelley
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 31 2012, 01:22 PM
Post #25

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious baby girl Shelley are doing. I am so glad she had a respite from the collar last night. She is a beautiful little girl and I would not be surprised at all if she was honoring your beloved Tina by waiting to settle into the chair. I am soooo happy for you and your precious little Mindy to have Shelley in your hearts and home now. I know your precious Tina guided your paths together.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious girls will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Just one more day to go and Shelley can kiss that ol' e-collar good-bye!!! I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post May 31 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #26

Just one more night with the collar and then it's over! Shelley and Mindy like chasing each other, with Mindy chasing Shelley more often, and Shelley giving off a displeased low growl when she's had enough. I just had to post this photo. It shows Shelley next to Tina's portraits as she was "hiding" from Mindy.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 31 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 6,946

DannysMom. Adorable, both of them! I'll bet Shelley is glad for no more collar.

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 2 2012, 09:37 AM
Post #28

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are doing, and for the wonderful picture of your precious Shelley taking refuge among your beloved Tina's pictures. I love your baby Shelley's black nose - -very distinctive from your beloved Tina's white blaise.

I trust all is going well minus the e-collar now. I can imagine the freedom she must be feeling now and she will probably want to make the most of it until she realizes she no longer has to be bothered with it.

I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very enjoyable weekend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 2 2012, 12:52 PM
Post #29

Moon_beam, thank you for stopping by and commenting on Shelley's nose smile.gif I think her nose is really cute, but it has taken me a while to get used to her different look. Tina's facial markings were more symmetrical. Shelley's face and chin are very colorful, like someone took a paintbrush and just let loose. I can't help but smiling when I look at this sweet little face.

Today is a very special day for Shelley. It is her birthday (or at least what I'm guessing is her birthday)! She is 1 year old today! I sang 'Happy Birthday' to her and she looked up at me and meowed a few times. Mindy and Shelley have been busy chasing each other around this morning. Shelley loves to chase after little toy balls. She just can't get enough of running after them. She has also taken to a little green felt toy that's been sitting unused and was a leftover Christmas present for Tina and Danny. She loves that thing and she throws it in the air and paws it like it's real prey. I even saw her stomping on it with both hind paws. She is so funny!

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jun 8 2012, 06:04 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 7,430

Hi DannysMom

HaHa she really did not look happy in that collar.....great photo! There different to our ones we get given ours are solid boring colour ones which makes it extremely hard for our ones to eat or do anything without bumping into things. I am impressed she kept it on......Pixie lasted an hour with hers ad it was off......and it was going back on.....but then shes a very small cat and it probably weighed more than her!

I am so glad to here it all went well. That is a lovely photo of her next to Tina's photo......and a lovely photo of Tina. I think Tina would be proud of your new edition. Happy belated birthday to Shelley for last Saturday. Sounds like she was meowing back singing smile.gif

I can not wait to hear what you have been up to with your fur babies this week.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 8 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #31

xxForeverxx, thank you for the belated birthday wishes for Shelley! She has so much energy and wants to play all the time while Mindy is getting chubby and sleeping most of the time or looking out the window. Shelley's favorite activity is to chase after little toy balls. She also likes toy mice and pretends they are real prey, flipping them in the air and pawing at them. She nags me when she wants to play. Mindy likes "washing" Shelley. A couple days ago I found Shelley sitting down with Mindy halfway on Shelley's back. Mindy had her front paws wrapped around Shelley's neck in a big hug and was profusely licking her head and ears while Shelley held still. Mindy also has taken up duty as the litter box police and always covers up Shelley's deposits. When I play with Mindy and Shelley joins in the little tux girl gets all jealous and lets Shelley know who's boss around here! smile.gif Here is a good photo of Shelley and her colorful legs. Her tummy is still bare, but the fur is growing back slowly.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 9 2012, 08:42 AM
Post #32

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Mindy, and baby girl Shelley are doing. Sounds like Mindy is taking on the role of "caregiver" with her baby sister (even though Shelley is a little older than Mindy, she is still, and will always be, the "younger" family member).

I can so relate to how you feel about being glad when Shelley's tummy fur has grown back in. I remember when my mom's kitty Holly had her surgery and I brought her home from the vet. My mom took a look at her and cried, "Oh what a difference fur makes!!!" Holly's tummy was naked from the surgery and she looked half her size without her tummy fur.

Sounds like your baby girl is making up for "lost time" during her recovery with playing and playing and playing. I know your heart is soaring to see her recovered from the surgery and feeling so well and happy.

I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very enjoyable weekend. Thank you so much for sharing your precious baby girl with us. She is so stuning with her markings. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 9 2012, 11:49 AM
Post #33

Moon_beam, thanks so much for stopping by and reading about Shelley! smile.gif She had to go to the vet this morning to get her last round of shots. She cried all the way down there in the car, but she did really well. They scrubbed down her tummy to get rid of the scabs and put some kind of gel on her incision that I'm supposed to use a few times a day to help it heal. Her heart and lungs sound good, and palpitations were normal as well. She gained another few ounces and is up to 7.2 pounds now. Dr. V. says she could still gain 1 more pound and be fine. I mentioned to him that I suspect there might be a Siamese in Shelley's family tree, and he agreed. You can see it in her face shape, her bone structure, and the fact that she LOVES to talk. smile.gif She is also very athletic.

Shelley was so good about being handled and examined. She quieted down on the way home, and Mindy was glad to see her little friend.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 9 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 6,946

DannysMom

Glad to hear your precious Shelley is doing better. I know all about the Siamese "talking" My first cat Chauncey was a full blooded. When he cried he sounded like a baby. Here's to your Shelley, Mindy and you having a great Caturday!

TTT

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 9 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #35

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how your precious Shelley did with her vet check up. I can so relate to her crying all the way to the vet, and being contented on the way home. I'm so glad she is doing so well with her surgery recovery and now being able to gain some weight. I know how concerned you have been as she was so undernourished when you became her Forever Mom.

Once again, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very enjoyable weekend. Thank you so much for sharing your precious baby girl with us. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 11 2012, 07:16 PM
Post #36

Moon_beam, thanks for stopping by and commenting on Shelley's vet visit. I'm glad it went so well. They gave me a small bottle of Vetericyn, a hydro-gel that helps with wound healing. Shelley is quite good about me squirting a bit on her incision a couple times a day.
Today marks 1 month since I brought Shelley home with me. It feels like much longer than that. I still remember how she was so scared and clung to her previous owner when she saw me. She was so frightened, and I felt so bad. She has come nicely out of her "shell" since then, and I am so thankful for that. She is a sweet cat, and I guess the stronger bond will come in time. After all, she is a "teenager" now, and so she kinda wants to do her own thing. I do miss that she doesn't sleep with me every night like Tina did, but maybe that will come in time.

Shelley and Mindy had a little spat yesterday. Mindy got miffed again when Shelley joined in to play, and so she stood over her and "washed" her, and then she stepped on Shelley's side with one of her paws. Shelley cried out in pain, and tried to get away, with Mindy chasing after her. I got a nice new teaser toy for them, and took turns playing with them yesterday, with each one waiting their turn. Mindy loves 'washing" Shelley when she walks up to her.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 12 2012, 01:03 PM
Post #37

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are doing. I'm so glad Shelley's incision is continuing to heal, and that she is cooperative when you put the medication on her tummy.

Holding the back of the neck and pinning is a "dominance" gesture. Teeth usually do not penetrate but just grab the back of the neck like a mother cat carrying her youngsters. It's always good to keep an eye on things as you're doing just in case things escalate more than what Mindy may realize. Both your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are so blessed to have you for their Forever Mom.

I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you so much for sharing your precious baby girl with us. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 14 2012, 05:03 PM
Post #38

Moon_beam, thank you for sharing with me what Mindy's behavior means. She doesn't bite Shelley in the back of the neck, but rather the side of her neck. First, she profusely licks her head and ears, and then she bites playfully in the side of her neck, at which time Shelley starts to voice her displeasure by growling and meowing. Last night Mindy was so relentless with Shelley. Almost every time that Shelley walked up to Mindy she "grabbed" her. I always try to supervise and intervene if necessary. Mindy almost treats Shelley as if she is her own little personal kitty "doll". She just can't get enough of her. They were lying next to each other by one of the scratch posts last night, and Mindy was playfully "pawing" at Shelley. After a while, Shelley had enough and growled. I'm glad that Shelley is so sweet and gentle. Mindy would never have been able to do all that with Tina whose very presence sometimes scared the "paws" off Mindy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jun 15 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #39

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you, your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are doing. Sounds like Mindy is happy to have another house mate, and this time someone she can "dominate" - - instead of being "dominated." As Shelley gets settled in more I would not be surprised at all to see her eventually become more of an "equal" to Mindy. It never ceased to awe me when I would watch my furkids interact with each other. There were a few times when I had to intervene when the play began to cross the line bordering on aggravation and then the next minute I would see them curled up around one another as though no disputes had happened. What a wonderful world your precious Mindy and baby girl Shelley are sharing with you, DannysMom, and what a precious blessing they are for you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious girls kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious fur family will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening. Thank you so much for sharing your precious baby girl with us. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, DannysMom, and of your precious girls. Please know you, your precious little Mindy and baby girl Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news, and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny and Tina.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 16 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #40

Moon_beam, thank you for your comments. Mindy has become more daring. Last night she pounced on Shelley and grabbed her little body in a hug and wrestled her while Shelley let out little shrieks and tried to get away from Mindy. It appears that Mindy likes to play a bit rough like Tina used to play with Danny, and Shelley is confused. Little Shelley is a very gentle cat. She likes to chase Mindy, and last night they had such a good chase that Mindy started panting. I'm a bit worried about Mindy as she is less active than Shelley and doesn't really want to run and jump after a toy like Shelley does. I'm hoping she does not have a heart condition.
Shelley sat in the window today and meowed at me when I came back from running an errand. So sweet! And she came downstairs and greeted me, just like Tina used to do. Shelley is a gentle cat and so far has displayed none of the famed calico temper.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:23 AM